The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 02:06 AM   #901
ThDWgeek
Side-Kick
 
ThDWgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: England
Posts: 753
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

If they went with a really, really dark blue that seems black in most lighting and a grey bodysuit, I'd be happy. I'm not a fan of a completely black suit without any other colour in it though.

__________________
My deviantART page: http://bobalob93.deviantart.com/
ThDWgeek is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #902
FatmanReturns
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 251
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Ummmmm. That last one is the TDK suit.

FatmanReturns is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #903
Bathead
The Oldest Geek
 
Bathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sumwear in Pencilvainya
Posts: 4,963
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanReturns View Post
Ummmmm. That last one is the TDK suit.
Pretty much. I'm kind of tired of the whole armor plate/jigsaw puzzle look. There is NO valid reason we can't get a decent on-screen representation of a traditional black and grey suit, And, before some wisea** suggests it, no, I don't mean Spandex. Even something like the new 52 suit holds some promise, it looks like the old suit with just a slight suggestion of armor, instead of the "Iron Man" like direction they've been heading in the last few years.

__________________
Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?
*splat*
Bathead is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #904
Bathead
The Oldest Geek
 
Bathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sumwear in Pencilvainya
Posts: 4,963
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThDWgeek View Post
If they went with a really, really dark blue that seems black in most lighting and a grey bodysuit, I'd be happy. I'm not a fan of a completely black suit without any other colour in it though.
Agreed. You ever see a Navy Pea coat? Colored a blue so dark (the appropriately named Navy Blue), even in the daytime it can look almost black. I wouldn't mind seeing that in a Batman film suit.

__________________
Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?
*splat*
Bathead is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #905
Harrier
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Pretty much. I'm kind of tired of the whole armor plate/jigsaw puzzle look. There is NO valid reason we can't get a decent on-screen representation of a traditional black and grey suit, And, before some wisea** suggests it, no, I don't mean Spandex. Even something like the new 52 suit holds some promise, it looks like the old suit with just a slight suggestion of armor, instead of the "Iron Man" like direction they've been heading in the last few years.

I understand that a batsuit can look "too" armored, but in terms of studios making live-action films, there will probably always be an element in which Batman armors himself in some way with his suit. This can be done in different ways but it will have to be more than subtle. A lot of folks want to portray Batman as a crazy and that is why he'd go out fighting in spandex or whatever, but that characterization is kind of tired in my opinion and from his training and learning Bruce would definitely understand the value of protecting his body.

A lot of people don't like the Mass Effect Batman concept art but it does show a sense of armor without looking like TDK and TDKR Batsuit. Make some aesthetic changes (colors, bat emblem size/shape/etc..) and this would look good on screen.


Harrier is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #906
Mr.?
Side-Kick
 
Mr.?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 961
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

^I like that, lose the blue lights though.

Mr.? is online now  
Old 05-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #907
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,016
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

I like it. I'd lose the blue lights, scale back the gauntlets, and have a more pronounced bat symbol on the chest though.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #908
Harrier
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
I like it. I'd lose the blue lights, scale back the gauntlets, and have a more pronounced bat symbol on the chest though.

Ya, that's what I mean by some aesthetic changes, size of gauntlets or cowl ears, bat symbol size/shape and blue lights.

Although if Batman does use some kind of tech to have his bio readings it wouldn't be too much of a jump to see some kind of light thing.

Although he probably wouldn't want lights glowing too much possibly giving away his location.

Harrier is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #909
Lamborghini07
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I understand that a batsuit can look "too" armored, but in terms of studios making live-action films, there will probably always be an element in which Batman armors himself in some way with his suit. This can be done in different ways but it will have to be more than subtle. A lot of folks want to portray Batman as a crazy and that is why he'd go out fighting in spandex or whatever, but that characterization is kind of tired in my opinion and from his training and learning Bruce would definitely understand the value of protecting his body.

A lot of people don't like the Mass Effect Batman concept art but it does show a sense of armor without looking like TDK and TDKR Batsuit. Make some aesthetic changes (colors, bat emblem size/shape/etc..) and this would look good on screen.


Looks good but reminds me of a high tech suit solid snake would wear.

Lamborghini07 is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #910
GremlinZilla89
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

I'm shocked there is so much hate for the Begins suit. It's my favorite after Returns.

The big neck doesn't bother me. It gives the suit an added bit of intimidation.



One of my favorite shots of Batman on film ever.

GremlinZilla89 is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #911
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,801
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

There isn't that much 'hate' for the Begins suit- most of it is saved for the hideous TDK/R suit.

__________________
Difficult, difficult, lemon-difficult.
regwec is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #912
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,016
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

I don't think there is a lot of hate for the Begins suit. The TDK/TDKR suit, on the other hand...

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #913
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,855
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

The hate for TDK suit is really over-stated it's been picked apart by just a minority really. I thought the minor changes they made for TDKR were great either that or bale just fit in it better this time.

The only part i agree on is that legs are indeed too busy but overall i really enjoyed the look of it from the waist-up.





Bruce Malone is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #914
Enriquespy
Side-Kick
 
Enriquespy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Queretaro
Posts: 2,355
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

TDKR Suit looked great.
I liked it because it looked much more theatrical than in TDK, which looked more practical.

__________________

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Enriquespy is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #915
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,569
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

The hate on the TDK/TDKR suit was waaaayyy too exaggerated and overblown. Most of the general audience liked it, and I thought it was pretty much perfect for Nolan's interpretation of Batman.



It was functional and sleek, and was the first to batsuit to be able to turn its neck lol. Sure it was a bit busy, but overall it was a great suit. Cowl was great as well.

hafizbat is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #916
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,236
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Functional? Sure. Sleek? Uh...

The Boy Scout is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #917
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,569
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Functional? Sure. Sleek? Uh...
Compared to the BB suit, haha.

hafizbat is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #918
zman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: montreal
Posts: 732
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

I really like the upper body armour of Snake eye shown below. Combine that with Begins abs, leg armour that don't look like a puzzle (looking at you TDK), you'd have something great. And yeah the Adam Fisher suit above is awesome too. I wrote to him a while back and congratulated him. He won second place I believe in a contest with this suit.


zman is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 02:18 AM   #919
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,080
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

TDK is my favourite suit.

Haters gonna hate

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #920
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,801
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

I'm not sure I understand how anyone feels able to assert that the 'general audience' liked the TDK/R suit. There has never been a poll which asked everyone who bought a ticket. It seems that this is just a presumption or smokescreen deployed against all the deserved criticism that the TDK/R suit gets from Batman fans.

__________________
Difficult, difficult, lemon-difficult.
regwec is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 03:45 AM   #921
Bathead
The Oldest Geek
 
Bathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sumwear in Pencilvainya
Posts: 4,963
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Exactly. To those who say that those who didn't like the suit are a distinct minority, and that the GA liked it, I say, prove it. Where are your validated statistics?
(For the record I myself don't hate the TDK suit, I just think they could have done better.)

__________________
Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?
*splat*
Bathead is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #922
Harrier
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

My question is some people seem to talk seperately about TDK suit and TDKR suit, weren't they the exact same suit?

Harrier is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #923
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,569
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I'm not sure I understand how anyone feels able to assert that the 'general audience' liked the TDK/R suit. There has never been a poll which asked everyone who bought a ticket. It seems that this is just a presumption or smokescreen deployed against all the deserved criticism that the TDK/R suit gets from Batman fans.
First of all, the GA likely doesn't care about how the suit looks as much as people on SHH do. So, unless people walk out of the theater saying "Batman looked horrible!" I don't think its that big of an issue. This is one of the most critically acclaimed and financially successful trilogies ever made. I don't care what your PERSONAL opinion is, you can't deny that fact. And the TDK/R suit clearly didn't detract from the success of Nolan's films.

So, given the absence of statistical data asking the GA their opinion, it's just common sense to assume that they liked/accepted it rather than hated it as much as people on here.

hafizbat is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #924
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,801
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

No it isn't. There is no better reason to assume that than there is to assume that the cross section of opinion here is broadly representative, but that the 'general audience' doesn't bother to let its opinion be known.

__________________
Difficult, difficult, lemon-difficult.
regwec is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #925
Harrier
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
No it isn't. There is no better reason to assume that than there is to assume that the cross section of opinion here is broadly representative, but that the 'general audience' doesn't bother to let its opinion be known.
Well...GA's typically let their voices be heard with their wallets..TDk and TDKR made a lot of money. Now you can say TDK was mainly because of Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker or whatever, but typically people look at a General Audience opinion base don ticket sales, ratings etc..

Harrier is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.