Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #251
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

A mediocre episode, but you gotta admit the lighting here is super cool.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #252
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

BTAS Episode: The Forgotten

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/515...ed-series-btas

Old 05-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #253
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Eh, that one was a bore.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #254
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I loved that one. Especially the music in it.

- The Joker
Old 05-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #255
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Besides the climax this was a pretty average episode. I still enjoy it. I agree with ThePhantasm about the lighting in that fight between Batman and that goon at the end. It was "super cool" and added some grit and edginess to the confrontation. It's been a while since I've seen this ep., but I think Heather Locklear was the voice of that blonde woman that Batman saves at the end.

Quote:
I enjoy The Forgotten. It also had a great score by Walker with that harmonica, which adds a southern blue-sy vibe to this adventure. Everytime I think about this ep. the first thing that comes to mind is Walker's score and that slobby glutton.

Quote:
I remember this chilling image (before it fades into Bruce) was used for the Fox promos back in the Summer of 92. Then it showing or saying"coming this fall". Man was that exciting to see as a kid.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #256
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

With episodes like The Forgotten... you could clearly see the influence of Sean Catherine Derek.

She liked to approach the stories with a message and teach kids something. I guess this was her episode about homelessness.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #257
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

One of my favorite shows of all time. Hardly an episode in it that I flat out dislike.

And am I the only one that doesn't make a big deal out of the redesigns? I mean, some of them are lame looking, but the writing for the show was just as good. In fact, some of the episodes from Vol. 4 are the best of the series.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #258
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Thought I would post some trivia I found in the wikia pages

Prophecy of Doom

Quote:
  • Lucas is voiced by Aron Kincaid, the voice of Killer Croc.
  • Bruce's reference to "the Bard" is William Shakespeare, and the quote is from Julius Caesar, Act I, Scene 2:

“ Men at some time are masters of their fates:
    The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves, that we are underlings.”
    — Cassius, Julius Caesar, Act I: Scene 2

• In one scene Batman throws a batarang that lodges itself into a criminal's leg. However, due to censorship, no blood was shown.
  • During the climatic scene in the planetarium, the background music has a distinct similarity to the Mars: The Bringer of War movement of the Planets Suite by Gustav Holst.
  • Nostramos tells Ethan Clark he "sees a bad moon rising". This is a reference to the Creedence Clearwater Revival song "Bad Moon Rising".

The Forgotten

Quote:
  • This is the first animated episode where Batman is shown to be knocked unconscious and captured on screen. The previous episode, "P.O.V.", shows Batman captured, but it is left to imply that he was caught after the roof fell on him. Not only that, but it is strongly implied that he allowed himself to be captured.
  • The idea for this episode was conceived when Bruce Timm and the writers wondered what Bruce Wayne would do if he lost his memory and was forced to find a solution without gadgets or his costume.
  • Alfred makes a brief reference to Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo, who claimed what is now San Diego for Spain.
  • Bruce Timm revealed in the DVD introduction for this episode that one of the main difficulties in using "one-shot" villains is that since they only make one appearance, it can be difficult to make them memorable. Thus, Biggis' trademark was to be fat and revolting. In fact, according to Timm, George Murdock (who portrayed Biggis) ate food as he read his lines. It worked so well, that the slurping gulping sounds he made were kept for the character as part of the soundtrack.
  • This is the first episode to feature Alfred away from Wayne Manor.
  • Biggis' huge appetite, physique, and slobbering voice are very reminiscenent of Mr.Creosote from Monty Python and the Meaning of Life.
  • One of Biggis' men is named Paur, a reference to series writer/director Frank Paur.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #259
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

That is neat they threw in a reference to CCR (one of my favorite band.)

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 05-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #260
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Heart of Ice

Quote:
  • This is the first episode of the series directed by Bruce Timm.
  • This is the first episode of the series written by Paul Dini.
  • In February 2002, to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Batman: The Animated Series, polls were held at the website The World's Finest to determine the best episode of the show. "Heart of Ice" was the winner and so received its own sub-site, complete with exclusive comments on the episode provided by Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and other officials behind the show.
  • In 2005, Wizard Magazine selected this episode as the best of the series.
  • This is the only time in the DCAU where Mr. Freeze refers to Batman by name.
  • This episode provided such a burst in the popularity of Mr. Freeze that his comics' counterpart has his origins retconned to more closely resemble this episode.
  • Ferris Boyle was Mark Hamill's first-ever voice role for Batman: The Animated Series (and thus, for the DCAU). After getting the role of Boyle, he offered to play one of the villains, preferably Joker, his favorite. The producers informed him Tim Curry had been already cast in the role, but when Curry dropped out, Hamill was happy to oblige in playing the Joker, which became his best-known role, and also launched a new career for him as a voice-over actor.
  • Spectrum Animation Studios, who created this episode, added the hint of frost around Freeze's helmet, giving it a sense of realism. Bruce Timm wanted a thin white line around his head, implying it was a helmet, but he admitted he was impressed with the final product.
  • This episode contains two references to the film Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back:
  • Batman trapped upside down in a cold cave is similar to what happened to Luke Skywalker early in the movie;
  • Batman returns a criminal partially frozen by Mr. Freeze to health using a similar device to the "bacta tank" that revives Luke. Interestingly, Luke Skywalker was played by Mark Hamill.
  • Ferris Boyle does not appear again in the animated series. He does appear in deleted material meant for issues of the comic book, Batman: Gotham Adventures, in which he is killed by a robotic doppleganger of Mr. Freeze made by Nora Fries's new husband to frame Victor Fries.
  • Alfred's line "With all the compartments on your belt, you'd think there'd be one for tissues" is a reference to the 1960s Batman series with his Bat-Belt containing every possible tool to help him in various situations.
  • The original idea for the flashback video was to have Freeze cling to Nora's cryogenic tank and realize in horror that his hair, now frozen, is breaking off in chunks. Paul Dini stated that he wanted to do this in pre-production, but they were over air time and cut it out.
  • Batman's uttering of "My God!" at the tape is unusual in a cartoon, as the censors generally considered any mention of religion or any expletive unpassable. Bruce Timm mentioned on the commentary for the episode that he considers it strange they never caught it. This was cut from showings in Toon Disney (now Disney XD). (The phrase would later show up in at least one other episode of the series, as well as both movies, and it eventually became fairly common in the DCAU)
  • The planned ending was to have a weeping Freeze in his cell, with his tears freezing and turning into snowflakes. Timm and Dini mentioned that if they could go back and do any episode again, they would do "Heart of Ice" and include this. This was used in Batman & Robin.

Last edited by Kane52630; 05-28-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #261
jbgamefreak5
New User - Level 0

Just thought I'd share this video for all the Batman fanatics =P

BATMAN PROPOSAL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA4lSgFALYI

Old 05-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #262
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

One thing looking back that I wish the series had was greater continuity..

There is continuity with a few episodes and some of the self contained stories are great.. but after I really enjoyed the season long stories contained in Spectacular Spiderman and even Gargoyles back in the days.

Yes there was some continuity amongst some episodes and Justice League Unlimited showed that Timm and company can tell overarching stories...I just wish the original animated series had more.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #263
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Watched The Last Laugh where Batman throws Begins/Nolanesque shaped Batarang It's like Timm & Co saw the future. :eeek:

Watching The Forgotten now.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #264
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

BTAS Episode: Mad as a Hatter

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/516...ed-series-btas

Trivia

Quote:
  • The chef, here named "Antoine", is similar to the chef of the Rose Cafι in "Pretty Poison" and one of the guests of Jordan Hill's birthday party in "Be A Clown".
  • The Mad Hatter's poem, "Twinkle twinkle little bat, how I wonder what you're at…" is spoken by the Dormouse in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
  • Roddy McDowall played "Bookworm" in the 1960s Batman TV series.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:44 AM   #265
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

Quote:
Okay, this right here. As a kid I figured he squeezed the juice out of the roses. (Because of course flowers have juice.) But judging by Alice's reaction, apparently he actually cut his finger on the thorns. Normally they weren't allowed to show blood, but apparently they slipped a little in there.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #266
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Mad Hatter was one of those villains I didn't really care for in BTAS. I preferred him in Arkham City. Roddy McDowell (sp?) was pretty good as him, too, though I prefer Peter MacNichol.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #267
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakepool View Post
Mad Hatter was one of those villains I didn't really care for in BTAS. I preferred him in Arkham City. Roddy McDowell (sp?) was pretty good as him, too, though I prefer Peter MacNichol.
Nah I didn't really like him that much in Arkham City.

B:TAS' Mad Hatter is the defnitive version for me... specifically this episode.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 05-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #268
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

This was a great episode. The Mad Hatter was always handled well in BTAS. His obsession over Alice was creepy.

- The Joker
Old 05-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #269
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Creepy is too subtle to describe him in especially this episode...my god.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #270
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Kane, do you have a gif (Avatar) of Batman spying on Andrea/Arthur with the rain hitting him?

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 05-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #271
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
Kane, do you have a gif (Avatar) of Batman spying on Andrea/Arthur with the rain hitting him?

Sure, no problem.

Every time I gif these episodes, I get an itch of making gifs for Mask of the Phantasm. lol

Old 05-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #272
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

thank you, fine sir.

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 05-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #273
Merlo
Banned User

I like his silicon soul the best, poor robot batman.

Last edited by Merlo; 05-29-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #274
Merlo
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I loved that one. Especially the music in it.
Are you talking about the song that plays while everyone is working for the food loving guy? If so then I second that.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #275
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlo View Post
Are you talking about the song that plays while everyone is working for the food loving guy? If so then I second that.
Yes, that one. The big fat guy who is running the slave camp.

- The Joker
Closed Thread