The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #26
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

and thats why Fox should open their minds, and start supporting other characters, if they sign great directors and actors, they will be decent hits.

Not everything needs to reach 500m, you know?

hell, even Snowwhite and the H. is getting a sequel, and it didnt even reach 400m. So.... if other studios can do it, Fox easily can too.

Just because a few fans dont want it doesnt mean they shouldnt do it

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #27
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

If FC wasn't made then we may not have gotten DoFP. And if The Wolverine films weren't made we may have seen even more time given to him in past or Future X-Men movies. We can now officially move forward without Logan's past being in anymore films.

They are not gonna completely ditch Logan. But they can separate him from the main team. Doing multiple films will allow these other characters to breathe. It's a good thing and will not effect the potential for the main team films. It just opens everything up for more possibilities and makes the Universe more interesting.

..and like you said not every movie needs to make a 500-billion. Profit is profit and in the end with good films will only make new characters/existing side ones more popular and bankable.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #28
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,833
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
when a Spiderman reboot does more than 700m worldwide, its not like Sony was really sad to see those numbers, u know?

So many studios wish to have the first movie of a new series doing that well.

The issue is how profitable each new series can be in the Long Run, not just with the first movie.

And lets see how the sequel does, I wont be surprised if it breaks the 1 billion mark, and even if it does around 700 again, its still a big hit, so Sony wont stop there and will do a third one.
And the thing is... Spider-Man 4 would have been bigger than the Amazing Spider-Man if it was released it last year. Of course it grossed more than 700 million because Spider-Man is the most popular character of Marvel but if you compare the box-office performance to Saimi's Spider-Man trilogy (especially if you adjust the ticket sales), TASM is the lowest grossing Spider-Man film to date.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #29
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,833
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
and thats why Fox should open their minds, and start supporting other characters, if they sign great directors and actors, they will be decent hits. Not everything needs to reach 500m, you know?

hell, even Snowwhite and the H. is getting a sequel, and it didnt even reach 400m. So.... if other studios can do it, Fox easily can too. Just because a few fans dont want it doesnt mean they shouldnt do it
And as if I don't want to see it prequels and all that spin-offs I already said I want to see a film for New Mutants, X-Factor, and solo films for Cyclops and Storm if its possible.

But realistically, its not gonna happen. You are probably opening your mind right now w/ all your suggestions but in business-wise, its not a good idea.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #30
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,833
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
If FC wasn't made then we may not have gotten DoFP. And if The Wolverine films weren't made we may have seen even more time given to him in past or Future X-Men movies. We can now officially move forward without Logan's past being in anymore films.

They are not gonna completely ditch Logan. But they can separate him from the main team. Doing multiple films will allow these other characters to breathe. It's a good thing and will not effect the potential for the main team films. It just opens everything up for more possibilities and makes the Universe more interesting.

..and like you said not every movie needs to make a 500-billion. Profit is profit and in the end with good films will only make new characters/existing side ones more popular and bankable.
FOX shouldn't settle for 300 million to 400 million worldwide grosses while there's a bigger potential for success with movies that features both Wolverine and the X-Men.

Like I said, FOX should ride the success of DOFP and follow the footsteps of Fast/Furious. Let the original cast star in a couple of movies first, before releasing spin-offs/prequel that obviously attract less to the general audience.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #31
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
If FC wasn't made then we may not have gotten DoFP. And if The Wolverine films weren't made we may have seen even more time given to him in past or Future X-Men movies. We can now officially move forward without Logan's past being in anymore films.

They are not gonna completely ditch Logan. But they can separate him from the main team. Doing multiple films will allow these other characters to breathe. It's a good thing and will not effect the potential for the main team films. It just opens everything up for more possibilities and makes the Universe more interesting.

..and like you said not every movie needs to make a 500-billion. Profit is profit and in the end with good films will only make new characters/existing side ones more popular and bankable.
exactly.

I wonder if Fox will have a presence on Comic Con, (appart from Bryan and DOFP) and someone announces or teases a new comicbook proyect.

Although they probably are waiting for DOFP boxoffice to see how big can they go after it. So they could wait for next year edition to announce or tease something new.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #32
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,860
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
FOX shouldn't settle for 300 million to 400 million worldwide grosses while there's a bigger potential for success with movies that features both Wolverine and the X-Men.

Like I said, FOX should ride the success of DOFP and follow the footsteps of Fast/Furious. Let the original cast star in a couple of movies first, before releasing spin-offs/prequel that obviously attract less to the general audience.


Agreed.

In terms of the actual comics, The X-Men inhabit their own universe. Sure, while mutants have contributed greatly to the comic universes (616 and Ultimate,) the sheer number of characters and storylines is rival to the non mutant titles. Fox is sitting on a goldmine they have barely begun to tap; hence, the Fast & Furious argument is music, because that is the best way to tap into said vein.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #33
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,760
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

the OT will probably get 2 more movies after this (probably no Xmen in space)

but then again we don't know the shape or form of how DOFP will end, to continue on a new continuity with different character experiences we won't know about

maybe singer will do something to keep certain things intact

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #34
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
exactly.

I wonder if Fox will have a presence on Comic Con, (appart from Bryan and DOFP) and someone announces or teases a new comicbook proyect.

Although they probably are waiting for DOFP boxoffice to see how big can they go after it. So they could wait for next year edition to announce or tease something new.
Regarding non main X Teams, I think they are waiting on The Wolverine box office and in Deadpools case video Game sales. If those are both a success we will see other films. If not then we probably wont see anything for awhile.

Wolverine is a smaller film, so if they walk away with 400-500WW, you can be damn sure Fox is gonna green light more. Thats more money then most other films by the company make. They are not gonna pass up making another 400m. All the X-Men movies are within Fox's top 35 selling.

You won't see The MCU holding back on new properties even though The Avengers will always make more money.


Last edited by def28; 05-29-2013 at 09:37 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #35
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

According to Empire magazine, Hugh said he didnt want more solo movies, but was open to return for the team movies.

So even if TW does around 400-450, Id wish Fox to stop it there and start thinking bigger with other characters, spin-offs, at least ONE new series. To see how it works.

Then, if some years later, Fox and Hugh talk about a third Wolverine movie, I wouldnt be mad, since we will have had another team movie with original cast, and another solo movie at the very least.

but Wolverine 3 on 2016? please No, lol. Keep it for 2018 or so. To let the franchise and the other characters shine a little bit.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #36
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

I agree with that, Im not gonna want another Wolverine film for awhile. And if Jackman doesn't want one then thats that. Was more saying the success of that film will more then likely determine the fate for other non main flicks.

I think the last thing people want is him taking up all the screen time in post DoFP team films. Which is why I mentioned moving him to an UXF roster in my original post. They wont ditch him so I say separate Logan from the main Cyclops lead team and add Gambit in his place to have some contrast between the team.


Last edited by def28; 05-29-2013 at 10:36 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #37
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,847
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
[/B]

Agreed.

In terms of the actual comics, The X-Men inhabit their own universe. Sure, while mutants have contributed greatly to the comic universes (616 and Ultimate,) the sheer number of characters and storylines is rival to the non mutant titles. Fox is sitting on a goldmine they have barely begun to tap; hence, the Fast & Furious argument is music, because that is the best way to tap into said vein.
mutants have a far more realistic stake in the Ultimate universe. Ultimate Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and The Ultimates all talk about mutants, "the mutant problem/situation/agenda" and have crossovers constantly. With 616 mutants often seem almost out of place.

I am one person who loves that Marvel doesn't have control of X-Men. I like the separate universes. They function better in my opinion. X-Men can focus on a lot more characters when they are on their own. Marvel can focus on a lot more characters when they don't have to worry about mutants.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #38
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,847
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

And regarding Wolverine. I've never been a Jackman fanboy anyway. He doesn't strike me as all that gruff or intimidating.

I would hangout with Jackman. I would trust him alone with my girlfriend. I should not trust Wolverine alone with anyone.

I've even considered Jackman might make a better Cyclops:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #39
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I agree with that, Im not gonna want another Wolverine film for awhile. And if Jackman doesn't want one then thats that. Was more saying the success of that film will more then likely determine the fate for other non main flicks.

I think the last thing people want is him taking up all the screen time in post DoFP team films. Which is why I mentioned moving him to an UXF roster in my original post. They wont ditch him so I say separate Logan from the main Cyclops lead team and add Gambit in his place to have some contrast between the team.
oh, man, a movie with Cyclops, Gambit and Rogue working together would be like a dream come true to me.

I still have faith.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #40
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I am one person who loves that Marvel doesn't have control of X-Men. I like the separate universes. They function better in my opinion. X-Men can focus on a lot more characters when they are on their own. Marvel can focus on a lot more characters when they don't have to worry about mutants.
Yeah, but they are not doing that. At all. Even with FC and Wolverine its been about the same people so far. They have all these characters and are doing nothing with them.

If all they want is one X-Film every two-three years then they are better off at Marvel so they can play with the biillonares in an actual expanded universe.


Last edited by def28; 05-29-2013 at 11:22 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #41
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,847
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah, but they are not doing that. At all. Even with FC and Wolverine its been about the same people so far. They have all these characters and are doing nothing with them.

If all they want is one X-Film every two-three years then they are better off at Marvel so they can play with the biillonares in an actual expanded universe.
Well, I can't argue that point. Everyone of these movies might as well be titled "Wolverine" with the exception of First Class which was basically the first X-Men film.

And while that is Fox's fault, I don't think Marvel would benefit from your idea. X-Men might benefit. But the Avengers world would suffer. Of course that's an opinion.

But I have no problem giving Fox all the chances they need to get it right. Because at the end of the day, I'll still have the 90s cartoon (cartoons being where X-Men belong visually anyway) and I'll still have the MCU.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #42
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
And while that is Fox's fault, I don't think Marvel would benefit from your idea. X-Men might benefit. But the Avengers world would suffer. Of course that's an opinion.
I can see that pov. MCU is giving us alot of new stuff right now and doing fine without X-Men. Right now it wouldnt make a difference in the MCU's success. Down the line I think they would benefit. The connecting of all MCU films have proved to be pretty successful.

I agree both have more potential apart. Fox just needs to just start doing a better job representing the characters and Universe. They have alot of characters sitting on the sidelines while going on 7 films. While others have just been left in the dust or underdeveloped.


Last edited by def28; 05-29-2013 at 11:40 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #43
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,847
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

I do think DoFP should do its absolute best to avoid focus on Wolverine, while still being a DoFP movie. And next (whether it be AoA or w/e) if he is in it at all, Wolverine should play a role similar in size to First Class or smaller.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #44
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Haha. He was awesome in FC. Logan is one of my favorite characters so I don't have a problem with him showing up. He does belong in DoFP, I just want him away from the main X team post DoFP. They need to get the basics right there. Hard to imagine the movie universe X Men team operating without Logan, which is pretty sad. He's been their driving force for over 12 years.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #45
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka
 
SuperT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,507
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Honestly, my plan would be to use DOFP as the last hurrah for the original actors and that team line up and have it split off into two alternate timelines. Use the First Class timeline as the new starting point for the franchise.

Reintroduce Cykes, Storm, & Jean into the timeline as younger characters and probably add some new faces as well. Maybe do the Mutant Massacre storyline or one of the various ones with Mister Sinister.

I'd also start to world build the X-Men universe as well. There are plenty of characters that can carry a solo movie outside of Wolverine or other teams that are capable as well. X-Corp, Excalibur, X-Factor Investigations, The Shiar would all be cool.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #46
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,847
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Honestly, my plan would be to use DOFP as the last hurrah for the original actors and that team line up and have it split off into two alternate timelines. Use the First Class timeline as the new starting point for the franchise.

Reintroduce Cykes, Storm, & Jean into the timeline as younger characters and probably add some new faces as well. Maybe do the Mutant Massacre storyline or one of the various ones with Mister Sinister.

I'd also start to world build the X-Men universe as well. There are plenty of characters that can carry a solo movie outside of Wolverine or other teams that are capable as well. X-Corp, Excalibur, X-Factor Investigations, The Shiar would all be cool.
This is a fine idea. New Cyke/Jean/Storm/Iceman/Angel sounds just dandy to me.

I'm thinking their best bet for recasting Wolverine is also to go at least whole movie without him. And then recast him in a future sequel.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #47
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka
 
SuperT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,507
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

I think Wolverine is probably the only character they don't need to recast. As much as he's been placed in the forefront, I think Hugh Jackman is just so dedicated and plays the character so well it'll be hard to find anyone else to take his place.

Anyone else would seem like pale imitation.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #48
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

yeah, because there arent really talented actors out there that could get in shape to play a strong character.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #49
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Honestly, my plan would be to use DOFP as the last hurrah for the original actors and that team line up and have it split off into two alternate timelines. Use the First Class timeline as the new starting point for the franchise.
I'd like to see that happen.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #50
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,720
Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

I'm not sure I'm too fond of the concept of creating a cinematic universe out of films that don't even fit in the same continuity.

In other words, can we please just reboot X-Men already?

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.