Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #926
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I like the characters but I don't think their powers would translate as well as the other Avengers on screen. Hopefully they are integrated at least as background scientists in Avengers 2 and can be built on from there.
Have y ever watch Buffy/Angel?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 05-26-2013, 11:33 PM   #927
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
In the interview with THR. He said there would be a different villain from Thanos and Thanos is the type of villain you have in the background threading things and saved for the big finale.

No, he really didn't say that Thanos wouldn't be the villain in TA2. Here's the actual quote:

Quote:
Well, Thanos is more powerful. He is so powerful he is not someone you can just try out and punch him. Like he did in the comics, you want him to threading through the universe and to save the big finale for ‘the big finally’. He is definitely a part of what I have got going on. The thing about the Avengers is that they are very powerful but not very stable. So, there will definitely be some people that will shake them up in the next installment.
And I'll leave this interpretation from Alasdair Wilkins of io9.com, who puts it more eloquently than I can:

Quote:
There's been quite a lot of speculation based on that quote — which really doesn't sound like it was transcribed entirely accurately, but that's neither here not there — that Whedon is holding back Thanos until The Avengers 3, because that's somehow the big finale of the Marvel cinematic universe.

Honestly, that doesn't seem like even remotely the most plausible interpretation; more likely, Whedon is suggesting that the Avengers won't take on Thanos directly until the final act of The Avengers 2, and in the rest of the movie they will fight his underlings, because Thanos is just too powerful for them to fight throughout the movie. So, unless we get some major clarification on this quote, I'd say this is just minor plot information about how Thanos and the supporting bad guys will fit into The Avengers 2, rather than news about The Avengers 3, which I'm not even entirely sure Whedon is signed on to work on at this point.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #928
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Have y ever watch Buffy/Angel?
Bits, not that much. It's fine, I just don't watch much TV. Why?

Old 05-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #929
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Bits, not that much. It's fine, I just don't watch much TV. Why?
They used a lot of magic for the tv series,even w/low budget they had a lot cool special effects.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 05-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #930
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No, he really didn't say that Thanos wouldn't be the villain in TA2. Here's the actual quote:

And I'll leave this interpretation from Alasdair Wilkins of io9.com, who puts it more eloquently than I can:
I don't know if I'm that fond of having them fight his underlings for most of the movie and then only face him in the final act, where they would have to defeat him. I think Thanos is better for an entire movie where he can defeat The Avengers before he gets defeated himself.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #931
Lorus
Side-Kick

I think it's worth emphasising that Whedon's contract with Marvel expires in 2015, after Avengers 2. Unless a new deal is negotiated, he has no involvement in the future of the MCU post his next Avengers movie. As such, it seems unlikely that he would spend his time in the MCU setting up toys for other people to potentially play with. Given Whedon's favourite Avengers stories, I'd say he set Thanos up at the end of Avengers in order to do the stuff he really wants to do, and that he enjoyed reading in his youth, when he is in a position to have more direct creative control. I wouldn't think for a second anyone at Marvel is plotting Avengers 3 right now as they don't know who will even be around in phase 3.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #932
Chris B
Side-Kick

Personally, I'd rather they deal with Thanos now rather than latter since I really want to see the current cast going up against a classic Avengers rogue like Kang or Ultron. I mean, A3 seems like the perfect place for Ultron seeing how Ant-Man is going to kick off Phase 3.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #933
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

It doesn't matter none of the main heroes are going to die. lol

Old 05-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #934
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

We humans are a persistant lot.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #935
Superhero 101
DESI

I would definitely want Thanos for Avengers 2 as the main villain. If not Thanos then I would love for a Masters of Evil

Old 05-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #936
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
They used a lot of magic for the tv series,even w/low budget they had a lot cool special effects.
Any Ant Man/Wasp type effects? I want the characters but I don't know if the GA would take a truly giant male hero or extremely tiny woman heroine seriously. Most other Avengers are between regular human up to Hulk size which people can accept a lot more easily despite their outlandish powers.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #937
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Eh Maybe tweeted Whedon earlier saying that he might reveal the villain and other characters of TA2... Which will probably be forgotten about soon enough

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 05-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #938
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Eh Maybe tweeted Whedon earlier saying that he might reveal the villain and other characters of TA2... Which will probably be forgotten about soon enough
I can't wait until he does with an "Exclusive Reveal". Then two days later he releases another "LR Exclusive" that the information "may have been wrong"! You know, like he does every single time...

Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Old 05-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #939
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Joss really hasn't said ANYTHING about a villian really either way. Just that tid bit on Pietro and Wanda

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #940
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
I can't wait until he does with an "Exclusive Reveal". Then two days later he releases another "LR Exclusive" that the information "may have been wrong"! You know, like he does every single time...
He'll use the excuse that the info is only from the first draft so may (probably) will be false by the time the movie opens, lol

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 05-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #941
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Mayimbe said villain(s), so that implies more than one. How many more is the real question, though.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #942
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Honestly, I couldn't care less what that guy says. He's a full of s**t blogger (not a journalist or a reporter) with a s****y track record who has his head incredibly far his own ass.

To keep record, this is the same guy who said the after credits of Iron Man 3 would be him going into space, that Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale would be involved in Justice League, and that Hulk 2/Avengers 3 will be Planet Hulk/World War Hulk. All of these were false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #943
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Well Bruce Banner was spaced out at the end of IM3.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #944
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well Bruce Banner was spaced out at the end of IM3.
hahaha. We need more Ruffalo in Phase 2.. just have him cameo in every after credits scene!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #945
Frico
Live by the creed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Honestly, I couldn't care less what that guy says. He's a full of s**t blogger (not a journalist or a reporter) with a s****y track record who has his head incredibly far his own ass.

To keep record, this is the same guy who said the after credits of Iron Man 3 would be him going into space, that Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale would be involved in Justice League, and that Hulk 2/Avengers 3 will be Planet Hulk/World War Hulk. All of these were false.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Old 05-29-2013, 12:39 AM   #946
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe false on your planet, but on El Maybe's planet, these things happen every day. ARRIBA!

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #947
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:

It's a REEEEAAAALLY bad thing when CosmicBookNews and Roger Wardell have become more credible than you.

Seriously. Both of them, separately, have been right more times than El Mayimbe.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 05-29-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #948
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
hahaha. We need more Ruffalo in Phase 2.. just have him cameo in every after credits scene!
Im not even gonna lie, I'd be fine with that. I really hope we get TIH2 in Phase 3

Old 05-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #949
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
It's a REEEEAAAALLY bad thing when CosmicBookNews and Roger Wardell have become more credible than you.

Seriously. Both of them, separately, have been right more times than El Mayimbe.
Douching out on his Planet Hulk "scoop" was bad enough, but he's really been digging his hole deeper and deeper since then. If I were him after that, I would've played things safe and really checked every source to make sure it didn't happen again, rather than snorting up any rumors or false info like lines of coke and then spewing them out as big-time exclusives.

It sucks, really. I used to hear Latino-Review as a source and could safely assume it was at least generally accurate. Now, I have to make sure the blogger isn't Eh Maybe and read into it with more skepticism.

Back to TA2, my biggest interest in the two Quicksilvers is how differently his superspeed will be portrayed between the two. Both Singer and Whedon sound like they have fairly specific ideas in mind, and you can display superspeed in various ways.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #950
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

El Mayimbe IS what people accuse CBM of being.

All he does is report rumors/scoops as 100% fact without even checking his source.

At least CBM has the courtesy to label Scoops as Rumors until confirmed.

Mayimbe is shameless in his quest for a scoop.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Closed Thread