The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 03-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #26
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Default Re: DOFP Marketing Thread: What would you like Fox to do/show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They should air a documentary about the film series on a cable network or FOX!

And do a couple of premiere night around the world and not just in U.S.
I think they should do a new "Mutant Watch" like they did for the 1st film. Maybe include a "Sentinel production announcement."

Some new film themed comic books - Theaters and Toys R Us gave out free sequel/prequel movie comics when X-Men came out.

As far as other promotional materials--I doubt we would have any action figures but I remember stores having displays/set ups for the X-Men figures...what I mean is the displays/stands/posters that you might see in theaters Toys R Us and a few other stores had for the X-Men figures, I'd like to see those again.

and unless I'm missing them...when The Wolverine or DOFP come out on DVD/Blu, can region 1/A get a Ultimate Collection or Anthology or Saga set :

I know, I like to look ahead on that last one.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #27
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
I think they should do a new "Mutant Watch" like they did for the 1st film. Maybe include a "Sentinel production announcement."

Some new film themed comic books - Theaters and Toys R Us gave out free sequel/prequel movie comics when X-Men came out.

As far as other promotional materials--I doubt we would have any action figures but I remember stores having displays/set ups for the X-Men figures...what I mean is the displays/stands/posters that you might see in theaters Toys R Us and a few other stores had for the X-Men figures, I'd like to see those again.

and unless I'm missing them...when The Wolverine or DOFP come out on DVD/Blu, can region 1/A get a Ultimate Collection or Anthology or Saga set :

I know, I like to look ahead on that last one.

They need to do something really cool like how Marvel is doing with their phase one set. Once The Wolverine and Days of the Future Past are in the DVD phase, they should do a huge collectors set that includes files for all mutants that have appeared in the universe with exclusive pictures, and it would be cool to include exclusive copies of the comic book stories that some of the films are based from. They could include copies of Uncanny X-men 141 and 142 in novel form.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #28
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

That boxset looks good but its not really worth it.

Plus all of the five characters w/ the profile thing aren't included in DOFP.

They should just make a book about all the characters that appeared in the series for the next box-set.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #29
Angamb
Banned User

what do those five characters not appearing on DOFP has to do with how cool that box set is?

You and some of your points, lol

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #30
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
what do those five characters not appearing on DOFP has to do with how cool that box set is?

You and some of your points, lol
Yeah, LOL, and I didn't mean to literally reuse that exact set.

I just think the look/approach is awesome......and would like a Region 1/A equivalent.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #31
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, I thought everyone understood your point perfectly.

The point was the cool look of the big set, not which characters should have a photo on the next set, lol

Old 04-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #32
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
yeah, I thought everyone understood your point perfectly.

The point was the cool look of the big set, not which characters should have a photo on the next set, lol
I think I maybe misunderstood psylockolussus and misquoted you. Sorry people.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #33
BMM
Side-Kick

Perhaps not for Days of Future Past, since it's likely that he isn't going to be in it in a significant way, but I would like Cyclops inspired "ruby quartz" 3D glasses or headgear at some point, now that Fox has jumped on the 3D bandwagon. I don't know how they would do it, but I think something like that could be fun. Perhaps for a sequel or reboot down the line?

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #34
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

I don't want to hit the Jennifer Lawrence thing too much, but I think right now, like the people working on how to market this for next year, have one thing in their mind, and that is a giant billboard that reads "Jennifer Lawrence IS X-Men Days of Future Past".

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #35
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Perhaps not for Days of Future Past, since it's likely that he isn't going to be in it in a significant way, but I would like Cyclops inspired "ruby quartz" 3D glasses or headgear at some point, now that Fox has jumped on the 3D bandwagon. I don't know how they would do it, but I think something like that could be fun. Perhaps for a sequel or reboot down the line?
That would be a great idea! I'd love 3D glasses shaped like Cyclops' visor.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #36
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

I hope all of the characters get a character poster. The character posters of FC are just effortless and the change of background color for each character poster was just poor. The character posters of X3 were limited, only 6 to 8 characters got a solo poster and they aren't even good-looking posters, they looked like a cast promotional picture of a TV show and the choice of color was awful.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #37
Melapi
Side-Kick

One of my favorite thing about this movie marketing is Bryan Singer twitter account, constant tweets without big spoliers to keep the interest up.

2013. I think this year they're only going to tease.
- Comic Con 2013, with Bryan, some writers and/or producers, some actors and a teaser
- The Wolverine red carpet, with almost all the actors in it, like in Iron Man 3. Make a force demonstration Fox!!!
- Official photos at the end of the year, with all the characters and lots of sexiness (like X2).

2014. Full force marketing
- First trailer in the Super Bowl
- More art, posters and stills
- Large trailer
- TV spots
- Intensive promotion with the cast, I mean this cast was born to promote. A few couple of actors as presenters during the awards season, like Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto at the 2009 Golden Globes, premieres around the world, talk shows, Saturday Night Live, give a Star in the Walk of the Fame to one of them (preferably Anna Paquin ), magazines... They can easily take the market for a month putting the actors everywhere.

Maybe they should make an aliance with some brand, like Magda in X2

Melapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #38
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

As a director, Bryan Singer is using Twitter exactly how it should be in preparation for a movie.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #39
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
That makes me think...weren't there "Ruby" sunglasses released to tie in one of the films...I don't want to say X3, I think it was X1-2?

We probably won't get much
but things I'd like to see
---figure wise a see a few Hasbro exclusives maybe (Marvel Universe/Legends), maybe some Hot Toys exclusives...

---Memorabilia---probably some more Logan jackets, it seems like every film, they usually redo Logan's jacket, various Wolverine Claw display's, Magneto's Helmet, etc...

---X3 had the Official Game, Origins had a game, No FC game, I don't see a game (BTW Does The WOlverine have a game?)---

Character Posters are a must, I agree with psylockecolossus!

and of course A Saga set like Marvel Phase One!

Old 05-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #40
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Oakley did the sunglasses. Those were nice!

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #41
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
and of course A Saga set like Marvel Phase One!
Thats the one thing that I'm sure they will be releasing because I think DVD/Blu-ray sales are instant money for FOX!

Anyway I'm not expecting much from FOX's marketing department.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #42
Angamb
Banned User

it has just came to mind... after Comic Con, and more than likely the teaser poster or official logo, I wonder if they will launch the official site, same as the facebook and twitter accounts.

I know there is a facebook X-Men Movies official account, with more than 8 million likes.... maybe they just rename that profile.

But I think the official site could launch this month (with the teaser coming one/two weeks after Comic Con)

Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #43
jonathancrane
Side-Kick

In the ideal world, Fox would hire a company such as 42E and create a viral marketing campaign that would outdo the one for The Dark Knight. However, if they can do a prologue screening, I will be content.

*I will forgive the writers of Man of Steel, if Superman is the Enlightened Sun God he is supposed to be, in Superman vs. Batman. Quite simply, Superman does not kill. The writers of MOS failed to grasp this, to this film's detriment.
Favorite CBMs: 1) X2 2) The Avengers 3) CA:TWS 4) Watchmen 5) Batman: MOTP 6) The Dark Knight Rises 7) Thor: TDW 8) TASM 9) IM3 10) S/B: Apocalypse
jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #44
Glutton
Side-Kick

http://x-menfilms.com/2013/07/07/20t...-thewolverine/

Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #45
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
it has just came to mind... after Comic Con, and more than likely the teaser poster or official logo, I wonder if they will launch the official site, same as the facebook and twitter accounts.

I know there is a facebook X-Men Movies official account, with more than 8 million likes.... maybe they just rename that profile.

But I think the official site could launch this month (with the teaser coming one/two weeks after Comic Con)
I don't think making great official websites is one of FOX's priorities anymore.

They might open the official site this year, but its going to be a simple website with an embed video from Youtube, links to the film's account in Twitter, Youtube and Facebook.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #46
jonathancrane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't think making great official websites is one of FOX's priorities anymore.

They might open the official site this year, but its going to be a simple website with an embed video from Youtube, links to the film's account in Twitter, Youtube and Facebook.
Agreed.

*I will forgive the writers of Man of Steel, if Superman is the Enlightened Sun God he is supposed to be, in Superman vs. Batman. Quite simply, Superman does not kill. The writers of MOS failed to grasp this, to this film's detriment.
Favorite CBMs: 1) X2 2) The Avengers 3) CA:TWS 4) Watchmen 5) Batman: MOTP 6) The Dark Knight Rises 7) Thor: TDW 8) TASM 9) IM3 10) S/B: Apocalypse
Old 08-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #47
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

I think the right time for the official release of the teaser trailer is in November 2013 but I feel like its gonna feel like a long time to wait for a trailer like especially for the fans. And FOX should keep the buzz, so like I have this idea.

What if every week til the release of the teaser trailer, they could update the official site with a character profile every week or every 2 weeks. We already know which characters will appear in the film, but we still haven't seen their look like from head to toe, we haven't seen all of them with their X-Men outfit or their final costume in the film. Like for this week, they could show us a profile page for Professor X, with his head to toe look and a 1-paragraph character description. Then next its Wolverine, then next next week its Magneto and etc....

Back in 2003/2004, X-Men Legends did that and it really made me excited for the videogame. This would be really cool if FOX does something like this.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #48
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

They should have the characters make cameos in a Disney show like Shake It Up. Too bad Shake It Up has finished production tho. Seeing the characters dance would be great. *sarcasm*

It's funny I still have the Dr. Pepper cans from around when X2 came out with X-Men characters on them. I trust for DOFP they will come up with something.

SAUspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #49
jonathancrane
Side-Kick

A prologue screening would be nice.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #50
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUspartan View Post
It's funny I still have the Dr. Pepper cans from around when X2 came out with X-Men characters on them. I trust for DOFP they will come up with something.
I still have those too. Unopened box!

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote