The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 05-29-2013, 03:11 AM   #26
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Avengers 2 and X-Men DoFP are both using Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I'd actually prefer just the X-Men to have them. There's other Avengers I'd like to see before the twins, and I want to see them as mutants.
Yeah me too. A few years ago, I imagined Dr. Strange or Ms. Marvel or Ant-Man joining in Avengers 2 and not Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #27
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: Avengers 2 and X-Men DoFP are both using Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch

For people who have little interest in the twins, don't worry. You will

Don't worry too much about the panther or Ms marvel. They'll come soon enough. Marvel doesn't have to adapt all their characters straight away after all!

As for the origins, some people have talked about terigenesis (how the Inhumans got their powers) or that maybe the twins are descended from two superheroes from WW2.

Getting back to my first point though, trust in joss. The twins haven't had much of a role in comics in the last 10 years which is why I think some people have the 'don't care' attitude but they really are great characters and great Avengers. If you read some of the stories when they were Avengers you will realise why they are definitely Avengers material not X-men material

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #28
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

-_-

They are equal parts Avengers and X-Men material. Thus the legal disputes. Especially in the Ultimate universe which has been the most prominent in the last 10 years.

Nevertheless, I am okay with their addition so long as they have absolutely nothing to do with mutant-kind (which is lucky because they aren't allowed to).

On the other hand, if they imply Pietro and Wanda are mutants without actually saying it I will be pissed because there has been no mention of Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier or any of the other FAR more important mutants of the Marvel universe.

And on the other, other hand, if they introduce them without any explanation of their powers I will be just as pissed because that's not what the MCU is.

I like the terigenesis/Inhumans idea, or just about anything having to do with the High Evolutionary. I'm actually rather against the Extremis/brain slot idea at this point. As it's terribly boring.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #29
Mr. Dent
Banned User

They're not equal parts X-Men and Avengers material. They're 90% Avengers. In Wanda's case 95%. Fox can use them because they're mutants.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #30
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
They're not equal parts X-Men and Avengers material. They're 90% Avengers. In Wanda's case 95%. Fox can use them because they're mutants.
I wouldn't say Quicksilver is 90% Avengers, not with him spending a lot of the 90's in X-Factor.

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
The Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #31
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Englishman View Post
I wouldn't say Quicksilver is 90% Avengers, not with him spending a lot of the 90's in X-Factor.
I'd say Wanda is 90% Avengers, 10% Brotherhood; and Quicksilver is 60% Avengers, 20% X-Factor, 10% Brotherhood, 10% Inhumans.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #32
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Is it confirmed that SW will appear in DOFP?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #33
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Is it confirmed that SW will appear in DOFP?
No, and hopefully she won't be in it.

I'm happy that Whedon hasn't changed his plans to use Wanda & Pietro in TA2. If anything, he seemed even more enthusiastic about them when he was on Fallon's show.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #34
venom892
Got Lucky

Given Fox's track record, I'd be surprised if they even refer to Quicksilver by name in the film. He'll have a role equal to Toad in X1 at best. So I doubt they'll be any confusion when he shows up in A2.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:44 AM   #35
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

On the nebulous cinematic rights to the character Quicksilver, and whether Bryan Singer's decision to include him in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" will affect his inclusion in "Avengers 2"…

"And so continues the Q and not-A… That's not something I can really talk about, but Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are going to be in the movie and they're going to be AWESOME."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...fly-and-batman

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #36
animex
Banned User

singers movie since x2 have tanked domestically, so let him use quiksilver, dofp will tank and fox will give up the x-men.

S a B w g S a t i D

animex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:58 AM   #37
rayc1971
Side-Kick

why are they in avengers2 before antman or wasp or blackpanther leave them for the xmen.we really don't need them in the second avengers movie really

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:01 AM   #38
rayc1971
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex View Post
singers movie since x2 have tanked domestically, so let him use quiksilver, dofp will tank and fox will give up the x-men.

S a B w g S a t i D
Valkyrie did good in respect to its budget superman returns and jack the giant killer not so much.

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:36 AM   #39
marccoogs

Whedon shouldnt worry. Im sure Quicksilver's role is so small in DoFP, that it wont make much of a difference.

marccoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #40
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc1971 View Post
why are they in avengers2 before antman or wasp or blackpanther leave them for the xmen.we really don't need them in the second avengers movie really
... They were Avengers well before Black Panther, and they were part of the second real "group" of Avengers, so an introduction in the second film makes a great deal of sense.

Eddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #41
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc1971 View Post
Valkyrie did good in respect to its budget superman returns and jack the giant killer not so much.
Hmmm, questionable. Would they really hire a fairly well known actor for a small cameo?

Old 06-01-2013, 02:45 AM   #42
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
... They were Avengers well before Black Panther, and they were part of the second real "group" of Avengers, so an introduction in the second film makes a great deal of sense.
I think when it comes to BP's absence, it's more about the fact they are adding two albinos to an already whitewashed cast. Black Widow wasn't a member until long after Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Panther or the Maximoffs, and yet everyone understood it was for diversity. The only diversity the Twins provide is in the color of their costumes.

Does it make sense to continue avoiding the addition of Ant-Man and Wasp? Founding members of the team?

Old 06-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #43
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are cool and all...but honestly, I'd prefer Henry Pym, Wasp, Ms. Marvel, or Black Panther before them.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:39 AM   #44
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Does it make sense to continue avoiding the addition of Ant-Man and Wasp? Founding members of the team?
Antman has a movie coming out the same year.They are clearly busy planning the character into the MCU. He can very well show up TA2 as well. And if he doesn't, another Scientist may just not fit. Why shove characters in when you can't do them justice? Especially when a film on said character is being released months away.

From the sound of things, SW and QS are gonna be causing trouble for The Avengers. They will serve a different purpose then Black Panther, Antman and Wasp. Besides, after 2015 we will have pretty much all the early recruits. It's a pretty legit line up.

Last edited by def28; 06-01-2013 at 03:52 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:41 AM   #45
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Antman has a movie coming out the same year.They are clearly busy planning the character into the MCU. He can very well show up TA2 as well.
I certainly hope so.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #46
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I think when it comes to BP's absence, it's more about the fact they are adding two albinos to an already whitewashed cast. Black Widow wasn't a member until long after Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Panther or the Maximoffs, and yet everyone understood it was for diversity. The only diversity the Twins provide is in the color of their costumes.

Falcon is *probably* joining the team for TA2, and War Machine is *possibly*, so there's some racial diversity right there. If Scarlet Witch joins in TA2, she will be only the second woman to join the sausagefest, so there's some gender diversity right there. Quicksilver doesn't add any diversity to the mix, granted, but he's sort of a package deal with Wanda.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #47
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Whitewashed? I know they're usually drawn white, but Wanda and Pietro are Romani.

I have to ask, why all the requests for Antman, Wasp, Black Panther and Ms. Marvel (who is actually Captain Marvel now)? Is it because they were on that cartoon?

Wine-N-Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #48
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-N-Cheese View Post
Whitewashed? I know they're usually drawn white, but Wanda and Pietro are Romani.

I have to ask, why all the requests for Antman, Wasp, Black Panther and Ms. Marvel (who is actually Captain Marvel now)? Is it because they were on that cartoon?
Actually, Wanda and Pietro are the children of Polish Jews. They were just *raised* Romani.

As for who should join the roster first: people are just trying to follow the actual order of the founders in the comics; but that went against canon in the first movie with the inclusion of Cap, Widow and Hawkeye as founders. The actual 1960s sequence of membership, according to canon, should have been: Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Wasp and Ant-Man as founders; Hulk drops out the next issue; Cap is discovered and inducted; Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch join, while everybody else drops out, leaving only Cap's "Kooky Quartet" of himself, Wanda, Pietro and Clint; Wasp and (Gi)Ant-Man rejoin after a couple of issues; Swordsman, Hercules, Black Panther, and the Black Knight join, and Vision is created for the team; and Black Widow doesn't join until many years later.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #49
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-N-Cheese View Post
Because it's what people know. People don't know Wanda and Pietro well and therefore don't see their worth to the Avengers. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it was just because they were in the cartoon like you said though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Actually, Wanda and Pietro are the children of Polish Jews. They were just *raised* Romani.

As for who should join the roster first: people are just trying to follow the actual order of the founders in the comics; but that went against canon in the first movie with the inclusion of Cap, Widow and Hawkeye as founders. The actual 1960s sequence of membership, according to canon, should have been: Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Wasp and Ant-Man as founders; Hulk drops out the next issue; Cap is discovered and inducted; Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch join, while everybody else drops out, leaving only Cap's "Kooky Quartet" of himself, Wanda, Pietro and Clint; Wasp and (Gi)Ant-Man rejoin after a couple of issues; Swordsman, Hercules, Black Panther, and the Black Knight join, and Vision is created for the team; and Black Widow doesn't join until many years later.
Well if they were going by the order of who joined first then it does make sense for SW and QS to be the first new Avengers after the original team.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #50
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
They're half German Jew from Magneto and half Romani from Magda. You're right about being raised Romani, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Because it's what people know. People don't know Wanda and Pietro well and therefore don't see their worth to the Avengers. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it was just because they were in the cartoon like you said though.
Yeah, I figured. It's getting rather irritating. Everyone should just love them, as I do!

Last edited by Wine-N-Cheese; 06-01-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Wine-N-Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote