The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #951
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

I still remember what he said about Black Panther supposedly having a movie due out next year.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #952
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I still remember what he said about Black Panther supposedly having a movie due out next year.
DOn't remind me

Old 05-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #953
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Im not even gonna lie, I'd be fine with that. I really hope we get TIH2 in Phase 3
Yeah I love this guy. And his alter ego! TIH2 if they do it could be the best Hulk film by some distance. Also they finally nailed a look for Hulk that nearly everyone likes.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #954
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah I love this guy. And his alter ego! TIH2 if they do it could be the best Hulk film by some distance. Also they finally nailed a look for Hulk that nearly everyone likes.
It will be interesting to see where Whedon takes Banner/Hulk from now on. Personally I think the character is the most interesting when Banner is tormented by the scary thing inside of him but since all we've seen past that is a battle scene we don't really know where it will go. I hope it won't be on the level where Banner just "suits up".

Old 05-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #955
Blackman
C'mon Son

In the next HUlk movie I really hope we get some conversations between Hulk and Banner in their mind.

I think there still has to be a level of torment though. Maybe not the focal point as with all the Hulk movies, but I think it still has to be there as it is such a big part of the character

Old 05-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #956
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Both Singer and Whedon sound like they have fairly specific ideas in mind, and you can display superspeed in various ways.
There's an issue of X-Factor which I loved in which Pietro is shown to sit in front of a piano and make horrible noise for a couple of seconds, after which he starts playing like a pro. When asked if he was just being annoying before, he replied no, he was just learning to play the instrument... I'd love for that concept to be carried over somehow, in both the Fox and MCU interpretation of the character. It shouldn't be just running fast, that we've all seen before. A true speedster should be more.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #957
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
It will be interesting to see where Whedon takes Banner/Hulk from now on. Personally I think the character is the most interesting when Banner is tormented by the scary thing inside of him but since all we've seen past that is a battle scene we don't really know where it will go. I hope it won't be on the level where Banner just "suits up".
I think you're probably right and me wrong here but I just prefer Hulk as the kind of fun hero he was in Avengers. I can't think of anything more boring than having him being chased by the government and army again. The torment is definitely interesting as long as Hulk gets to be awesome & heroic & not always an enemy of the people on the run. I'm sure my opinion on that is different to most people's.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:45 AM   #958
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

On the nebulous cinematic rights to the character Quicksilver, and whether Bryan Singer's decision to include him in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" will affect his inclusion in "Avengers 2"…

"And so continues the Q and not-A… That's not something I can really talk about, but Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are going to be in the movie and they're going to be AWESOME."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...fly-and-batman

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #959
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
It will be interesting to see where Whedon takes Banner/Hulk from now on. Pesad t rsonally I think the character is the most interesting when Banner is tormented by the scary thing inside of him but since all we've seen past that is a battle scene we don't really know where it will go. I hope it won't be on the level where Banner just "suits up".
It's funny you say that because in the new Avengers run in the Marvel now comics banner regularly Just suits up.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #960
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
I think you're probably right and me wrong here but I just prefer Hulk as the kind of fun hero he was in Avengers. I can't think of anything more boring than having him being chased by the government and army again. The torment is definitely interesting as long as Hulk gets to be awesome & heroic & not always an enemy of the people on the run. I'm sure my opinion on that is different to most people's.
It's just opinions so no right and wrong here in my view. I agree that Hulk doesn't have to be a complete uncontrollable monster that makes Banner run (that part is over), but I want the danger to be there to some extent so Banner just doesn't turn into a green beast version of Colossus. The duality between Banner and Hulk has been one of the most unique things with that character, although I've of course read plenty of comics where that isn't an issue for a variety of reasons.

So as said, I'm interested in seeing where Whedon takes it. In my mind they've now passed the most interesting stage of the character but I feel confident that Whedon can make the rest great as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
It's funny you say that because in the new Avengers run in the Marvel now comics banner regularly Just suits up.
I haven't read that as I'm mainly focusing on reading older things that I've missed out on during the long time I didn't keep up with comics (currently reading Journey Into Mystery). I've read plenty of things that have completely left out the dynamic I'm referring to though and I do realize that "suiting up" is the likely scenario.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #961
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

I may be alone...but I kinda want Cap to pick up Mjolnir.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #962
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
I may be alone...but I kinda want Cap to pick up Mjolnir.
You're alone.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #963
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
You're alone.
Doubtful. It happened in the comics, so I'm sure some fans would like to see it live action.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 05-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #964
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
It's just opinions so no right and wrong here in my view. I agree that Hulk doesn't have to be a complete uncontrollable monster that makes Banner run (that part is over), but I want the danger to be there to some extent so Banner just doesn't turn into a green beast version of Colossus. The duality between Banner and Hulk has been one of the most unique things with that character, although I've of course read plenty of comics where that isn't an issue for a variety of reasons.

So as said, I'm interested in seeing where Whedon takes it. In my mind they've now passed the most interesting stage of the character but I feel confident that Whedon can make the rest great as well.
Yeah he's a talented writer and great for character pieces. I'm sure he can do well with it if he does do it. Can also understand why people would find that phase of Hulk more interesting.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #965
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Yeah he's a talented writer and great for character pieces. I'm sure he can do well with it if he does do it. Can also understand why people would find that phase of Hulk more interesting.
Yes, there's definitely reason to have trust in Whedon and the one thing that makes it easier for him to do this is that Hulk doesn't have to carry the movie on his own. In a new solo movie he'd have to do that while in TA2 the main dynamic will be that between the members of the team.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #966
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Seeing Cap lift Mjolnir would be cool, but I'd save that for TA3.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #967
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Seeing Cap lift Mjolnir would be cool, but I'd save that for TA3.
It'd be cool, but Im in no huge hurry to see it. But it'd be cool

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 05-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #968
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Maybe it's done in a way where Cap is trapped somewhere, and Thor hurls Mjolnir in to get him out. Mjolnir slams through whatever obstacle there is, and hovers in front of Cap. Cap then reaches out to the floating hammer and grips the handle. For a second, it looks like he's lifting Mjolnir until it shoots off into the distance with Cap holding on.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #969
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

No, it should be clear that he is able to lift it because of his worthiness to do so. That's what we're talking about.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 05-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #970
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Doubtful. It happened in the comics, so I'm sure some fans would like to see it live action.
Lots of things "happened in the comics" ...... and things like Cap with the Mjolnir happen because there are thousands upon thousands of stories written. Why is anyone so in a hurry to see something when we're still barely getting to know these characters and what makes them unique?

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 05-30-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #971
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Lots of things "happened in the comics" ...... and things like Cap with the Mjolnir happen because there are thousands upon thousands of stories written. Why is anyone so in a hurry to see something when we're still barely getting to know these characters and what makes them unique?
I think it's because when Cap was revealed to be worthy of wielding the hammer, that was a unique, character-defining moment in the comics. It's definitely something that people remember out of the "thousands upon thousands" of less memorable stories written.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #972
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Something I'm really excited to see is how Quicksilver's powers look on the big screen, and how it compares to Singer's approach in DOFP. There's a lot of potential there.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #973
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Lots of things "happened in the comics" ...... and things like Cap with the Mjolnir happen because there are thousands upon thousands of stories written.
...okay. That has nothing to do with Ms Marvel being alone in wanting to see the particular "thing" she(?) mentioned.

Quote:
Why is anyone so in a hurry to see something when we're still barely getting to know these characters and what makes them unique?
Fans are always going to speculate about seeing moments from the comics in the live action adaptations.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #974
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
...okay. That has nothing to do with Ms Marvel being alone in wanting to see the particular "thing" she(?) mentioned.
Chief, I was responding to YOUR explanation ..... since you were basically acting as her mouth piece.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #975
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Chief, I was responding to YOUR explanation ..... since you were basically acting as her mouth piece.
...okay. The answer remains the same.

Closed Thread