Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 05-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #101
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: Inhumans in development?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^I may do that.

Correct me if I am wrong but werent the Inhumans first introduced in Fantastic Four? If so, would people be okay if they were introduced in an Avengers movie instead?
No, not if they just give them their own solo movie as an origin, which will probably be the case.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #102
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
They did first appear exclusively in the pages of the FF for the first 2 years or more - and while the ideal way to introduce them would be like in the comics with a Medusa in the Frightful Four story which leads into the FF meeting the Inhumans, etc. - that's not possible with Fox owning the FF.

So all we have left is either an intro in Avengers or another characters movie - unless they just give them a solo movie like GoG.

The Inhumans were in the Hulk Annual #1 so perhaps that story line could be folded in with the FF story arcs and Marvel could come up with a way of making that work.
I just think with them being introduced via a team of super-heroes in the comics, they could do the same in the movies just replace the hero team with The Avengers. Avengers originally fighting the Inhumans, imagine the fights we would get, Hulk vs Blackbolt for one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
No, not if they just give them their own solo movie as an origin, which will probably be the case.
I just think an introduction in another movie would mean a more successful movie for The Inhumans. A movie of them on their own could easily be construed by the GA to be an X-Men rip-off or something silly like that. Making people know they are part of the MCU first could only benefit any future solo movie.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #103
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I don't think so and I'm betting Marvel doesn't either. None of their movies so far needed characters to show up in other movies to be popular and the new properties of the future (GotG, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange) haven't either. And the Inhumans are completely different from the X-Men. That would be like saying the Avengers or GotG are X-Men rip-offs. Having them show up in movies before their own just steps on their origin and the impact of their story. They want the property to be able to stand on its own.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #104
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
I don't think so and I'm betting Marvel doesn't either. None of their movies so far needed characters to show up in other movies to be popular and the new properties of the future (GotG, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange) haven't either. And the Inhumans are completely different from the X-Men. That would be like saying the Avengers or GotG are X-Men rip-offs. Having them show up in movies before their own just steps on their origin and the impact of their story. They want the property to be able to stand on its own.
I agree. I think the Inhumans should be introduced on their own giving more weight to their origins. Then after that they can bring them fully into the MCU for a movie or two. After that they should have them dealing with cosmic movies for a bit. I think Inhumans could be the easiest tie between the earthly and cosmic sides of the MCU since Inhumans deal with both sides.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #105
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yeah, I agree with that. It makes a whole lot more sense than making a movie with Richard Rider or Mar-Vell as New York superheros like in the early comics. Inhumans is the best bridge for cosmic and Earth in one movie, outside the Avengers of course.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #106
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
We as comic book fans know this, but the GA may necessarily not. This is the same GA that thought the new Dredd was a re-make of the Stallone movie, if they just see a trailer of the Inhumans doing their powers it wouldnt surprise if some of the GA mistook it for a new X-Men movie.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:44 AM   #107
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

I really want to see an Inhumans movie made because I really wanna see the dynamics of Black Bolt and Medusa's relationship acted out(welly of course). I think if this is done correctly we could see an amazing depiction of the ultimate understanding between man and woman (cheesy I know). The actor and actress playing these two characters need to have the best on screen and off screen chemistry ever.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:43 AM   #108
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
We as comic book fans know this, but the GA may necessarily not. This is the same GA that thought the new Dredd was a re-make of the Stallone movie, if they just see a trailer of the Inhumans doing their powers it wouldnt surprise if some of the GA mistook it for a new X-Men movie.
I'm speaking from the perspective of the GA. Thinking the Inhumans are a rip-off of X-Men would be the same as thinking GotG or Avengers are a rip-off of X-Men, and we can clearly see people are able to tell the difference.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #109
Mondragon
Side-Kick

Just for fun .......

Last edited by Mondragon; 05-31-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Mondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #110
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
I don't think they're that silly to be honest. They don't think all shows about people with superpowers are x-men related.

There's a better chance of people getting it mixed up with Thor what with the themes of family and aristocracy etc

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #111
Mondragon
Side-Kick

As long as they are visually unique in their setting and their looks, establish the alien element, the technically advanced beings, show the floating Attilan on Earth in the trailer, and give the proper hints about primitive humans genetically altered by beings from an alien planet, nobody will confuse it with X-Men or Thor.

And who cares if they can't recognize the difference, if they like what they see, they are still filling seats.

Last edited by Mondragon; 08-29-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #112
Loki882
Side-Kick

Matt Fraction is writing a new Inhumans series, Medusa is part of the FF, is this a coincidence or not. An nhumans movie can be like Game of Thrones in space.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #113
Dasher10
Side-Kick

What worries me is that the Inhumans are far more connected to the X-Men and Fantastic Four than they are the Avengers. I'm concerned about a lack of villains and not enough interaction with the other heroes.

Dasher10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:46 AM   #114
Silvermoth
Avenger

That doesn't worry me that much. I see them more as their own unit. There's always going to be some connections that can be made in the comics but not the movies for any marvel property

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #115
Mondragon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
What worries me is that the Inhumans are far more connected to the X-Men and Fantastic Four than they are the Avengers. I'm concerned about a lack of villains and not enough interaction with the other heroes.
Potentially they can connect to Guardians of the Galaxy through the Kree, what's nice about Inhumans is they can connect to several of the franchise, if they want, but if they don't want to or can't they are a unique enough concept to stand on there own.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #116
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I don't see how the Inhumans are connected to the X-Men more so than the Avengers. They don't have much to do with either one equally. If anything they're more connected to the Avengers because of Quicksilver and Crystal's history (which of course they may never use but w/e).

And the Kree should be the villains of the film, which as Mondragon pointed out can connect the Inhumans to several franchises in itself, including potentially the Avengers if they use the Kree in the third film.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #117
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon View Post
Just for fun .......

Gabrielle Union as Crystal would be interesting. It would be different.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #118
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Like Elba as Heimdall and SLJ as Fury. If the cast was all white, expect a change. I would personally cast someone a bit younger as Crystal though, I like that age difference to be strong. Maybe a Zoe Kravitz, if that's the way they want to go.

I'd the whole series as cosmic, with the first being set on Earth and establishing their being thrust from this historical intrigue into the greater universe.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #119
xeno000
Raining hell from above

The Avengers and Inhumans connected during the Kree-Skrull War as well as at other times throughout their history. It would be easy enough to build on those connections from the comic book universe in the MCU. The key thing to remember is that the comics =/= MCU. Things will doubtless be changed, perhaps drastically, to fit the film universe, so concerns about connections between groups are without merit.

The idea that the GA would automatically associate them with the X-Men is laughable. It's not as if the mutants are the only characters with powers or strange appearances that the audience has seen. By the time an Inhumans movie comes out, Marvel will have shown the world the Frost Giants, the Chitauri, the Dark Elves, the Kree and other aliens, a gun-toting raccoon and a sentient tree. People will associate alien-looking beings with the Marvel brand rather than the X-Men. And of course, they'll see Marvel's The Inhumans and know from the studio's name in the title what to expect.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #120
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I'd rather they not tye this into SHEILD or Avengers.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]I'll bet you 40% of DC's film slate either wont be released or pushed back!
Green Goblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #121
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yeah, keep in mind though they don't have to interact with those characters to be tied to them. Just have the Kree be the villain and the alien race that experimented on the Inhumans/placed them on Earth as sleeper agents (as the logline said) and then you automatically have them connected to Guardians of the Galaxy and, again, maybe even the Avengers if they use the Kree in the third movie. It would be especially cool if they used Ronan somehow.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #122
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Yeah, keep in mind though they don't have to interact with those characters to be tied to them. Just have the Kree be the villain and the alien race that experimented on the Inhumans/placed them on Earth as sleeper agents (as the logline said) and then you automatically have them connected to Guardians of the Galaxy and, again, maybe even the Avengers if they use the Kree in the third movie. It would be especially cool if they used Ronan somehow.
Yea I like that idea. I just don't see the need to have cameos of Iron Man or any Avenger. I like when things are tied together in a shared universe to help the plot or characters.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]I'll bet you 40% of DC's film slate either wont be released or pushed back!
Green Goblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #123
Ant-manic
Banned User

that Momoa guy might make a decent Gorgon.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #124
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Rose Leslie as Medusa

Dasher10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #125
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Like Elba as Heimdall and SLJ as Fury. If the cast was all white, expect a change. I would personally cast someone a bit younger as Crystal though, I like that age difference to be strong. Maybe a Zoe Kravitz, if that's the way they want to go.

I'd the whole series as cosmic, with the first being set on Earth and establishing their being thrust from this historical intrigue into the greater universe.
Marvel wants to cast a young black woman in MCU? How about Nicole Beharie? She's not old (28) and her star is on the rise, no matter the status of Sleepy Hollow. Don't know if she would fit as Crystal though.

She's also a gorgeous woman.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote