The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #26
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8 Rippin View Post
I think a good Darkseid could top the Heath Ledger just for how powerful of a villain he is. A really really good Lex could do it as well, but he would need a really good script and a really casting choice to make that a possibility.
If the Joker is the Hannibal Lector of superhero movies, then Darkseid could be the Darth Vader of superhero movies. He's my number one most anticipated villain.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #27
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWldJokerDo? View Post
Do they drop an F bomb in MOS?
I really don't think so. Could be wrong.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #28
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I remember seeing the strong language descriptor in TDKR and not hearing any. Are P--- and SOB now considered stronger words? Man, the MPAA is becoming rather harsh recently.

TDKR: "PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, some sensuality and language."

Man of Steel "Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction, and for some language."

Old 06-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #29
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Someone said "hell" in MOS.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #30
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Oh no. That doesn't even count as swearing overseas, and is mild in the states.
So I guess Crowe is right.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #31
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Yep!

Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #32
Str8 Rippin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
If the Joker is the Hannibal Lector of superhero movies, then Darkseid could be the Darth Vader of superhero movies. He's my number one most anticipated villain.
When they at some point announce Darkseid as the villain for a future movie, I will probably jump up and down with glee and anticipation.

Str8 Rippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #33
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Me too. I want him to be for Mos 3. I want Superman to have a PERSONAL encounter with him that he barely survives, and then Darkseid have his revenge for Justice League 1 or 2. Preferably 2, because that would keep fans from giving Thor comparisons

Old 06-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #34
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

i'm going to be hanging in this thread for a while until after the movie hits.......... too many TV spots with scenes in them

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #35
jthom19802
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
i'm going to be hanging in this thread for a while until after the movie hits.......... too many TV spots with scenes in them
One of two threads for me - this one and the same-named one in the spoiler section. I'm not going anywhere near the open discussion place; minefield in there

jthom19802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:30 AM   #36
jthom19802
Side-Kick

Also let's give it up to Coco for making this thread. Some of us will still venture into the "other" non-spoiler thread, but some of us are content to not even risk it and be alone in the world (with five or six others) right here until it comes out.

And I say that is perfectly fine and since nobody else was going to create such a thing, good on Coco for it.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:50 AM   #37
Dr. Fortress
Side-Kick

Props to Coco. Try get more people just like us to join.

Dr. Fortress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #38
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Short answer: About on par with Batman Begins, not as good at TDK.

Long Answer: It gives Superman the respect he deserves. There hasn't been a great Superman movie since Superman II and this one delivers on basically every level. The origin story is exciting and helps set up the plot for the rest of the movie. In fact, it helps to generate some hatred for the villain early on without taking away from developing Superman as a likeable character in the second act.

The action is nonstop. The pacing reminds me of Speed. In Speed the audience starts off with ridiculous adrenaline scenes and doesn't stop for two hours. Man of Steel is about the same, except for 2.5 hours. There's really nothing to criticize unless you're hoping for a contemplative reflection on the burdens of being a god among mortals.

It's a paint by the numbers action film that delivers on all fronts.
Although everyone wants to know if this is as good as TDK, the real comparison is Avengers. This film has the scope, energy, and feel of the Avengers and is an obvious answer to their billion dollar blockbuster from last year.

To give you an idea of how good MoS is, I'm actually excited about seeing a MoS sequel instead of jumping right into Justice League. The characters were interesting enough to hold up their own movies and individual story arc.

Go see this one. It's the movie of the summer."

Old 06-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #39
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Great origin. Fleshed out. Deep. The movie has everything. Structure like Batman Begins, it is equally as awesome as that origin of Batman was. It wasn't a perfection OSCAR winning movie but definitely one of the best Comic Book Adaptations ever! As a Superman lover for me it has to be 9.5/10 putting it second only to 2008's The Dark Knight! A truly awesome spectacle and something everybody should go watch!- an online review

Old 06-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #40
Tra-El
Side-Kick

I literally army-crawled to my computer just to log-on today, that's how much of a BATTLEFIELD it is in other forums. Hopefully, I've found shelter. I literally feel like I'm standing in the middle of the fairway with hundreds of Happy Gilmore's teeing off "FORE! FORE! FORE! FORE!"

Old 06-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #41
jthom19802
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
I literally army-crawled to my computer just to log-on today, that's how much of a BATTLEFIELD it is in other forums.
HAHAHA Keep that head down soldier!

And you're right. Even in the other non-spoiler thread, a few got by today which fortunately I spotted from the first couple of words and was able to skim past. Still, some just don't seem to grasp the concept in there.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #42
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
I literally army-crawled to my computer just to log-on today, that's how much of a BATTLEFIELD it is in other forums. Hopefully, I've found shelter. I literally feel like I'm standing in the middle of the fairway with hundreds of Happy Gilmore's teeing off "FORE! FORE! FORE! FORE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthom19802 View Post
HAHAHA Keep that head down soldier!

And you're right. Even in the other non-spoiler thread, a few got by today which fortunately I spotted from the first couple of words and was able to skim past. Still, some just don't seem to grasp the concept in there.
I literally Bursted Out in Tears Laughing at this!!

It's 100x worse today then yesterday! New stuff is dropping all over the place. It's not just these forums anymore. It's the whole damn internet! Nowhere is safe. Lol

I love having to hind from all the Epicness of Grander!

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 06-06-2013 at 06:47 PM.
The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #43
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I thought it might be a bit harder than this to stay away from spoilers, but honestly the idea of reading a massive spoiler scares the pants off me

Just goes to show how special this day is going to be to me... I really want it to be fresh and perfect

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #44
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Me too! Although it's really hard for me not to watch the newest trailer after reading everyone going BatSh*! for it. lol

I listened to the music of it without watching it and lemme tell you...

I'M PUMPED!!

Old 06-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #45
Dr. Fortress
Side-Kick

I just watched the Nokia trailer, Lord have mercy.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #46
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

This isn't me, but here's someone who's kind enough to give a video review with non-spoilers in mind
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #47
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fortress View Post
I just watched the Nokia trailer, Lord have mercy.
NOoooo.... LOL

THe darkside has taken you.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #48
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Me too! Although it's really hard for me not to watch the newest trailer after reading everyone going BatSh*! for it. lol

I listened to the music of it without watching it and lemme tell you...

I'M PUMPED!!
Pfft I'm not that good. I'm eating up the footage

Spoilers are different. They are bits of info that go in my head and I could imagine them wrong or take them in the wrong context and then my expectations would all change and it'd affect my enjoyment of the film.

Footage is at least the real thing. And it doesn't give anything major away, just little tasters of what's to come.

And so far, those tasters have been incredible! (Newest clip in particular )

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #49
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Does anyone know what it's like in 3D?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #50
Dr. Fortress
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
NOoooo.... LOL

THe darkside has taken you.
Lol, which trailers have you watched?