The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 06-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #26
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: New Mutants

Wolverine was already the most popular character in the series even before the 1st X-Men movie was released. And even though Cyclops wasn't portrayed that well in the movies, he's still quite popular. And even though James Marsden is not a very big actor, he's still making movies.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #27
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
That's how the X-men films should be handled in a way promotes these lesser know but cool characters and will make them a household name.
I agree. Doesn't matter how popular a character is, if they are shown as a cool character they will become new fan favs.

The X-Men have so many bad ass characters, it's really depressing how few of them have actually gotten their due on screen.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #28
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well not everybody is gonna get their own film and not all films are going to be successful even if they are good. There's a lot of animes/comic-books/videogames/books that haven't had a film adaptation yet. Fans know there's potential for those things but seriously, film-making is still a business.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #29
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well not everybody is gonna get their own film and not all films are going to be successful even if they are good. There's a lot of animes/comic-books/videogames/books that haven't had a film adaptation yet. Fans know there's potential for those things but seriously, film-making is still a business.
Which is why you are gonna see alot of X-Men films in the future besides the main team. That's extra money for Fox.

Everything gets adapted nowadays.

Last edited by def28; 06-06-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:58 AM   #30
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Which is why you are gonna see alot of X-Men films in the future besides the main team. That's extra money for Fox. Everything gets adapted know a days.
No, they are more likely going to make films that really attracts to the casual viewers and those are X-Men team films with the original cast. They shouldn't just settle for the money they are getting from spin-offs and prequels while they could definitely earn at least 50 more million with movies that features the original cast.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #31
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, they are more likely going to make films that really attracts to the casual viewers and those are X-Men team films with the original cast. They shouldn't just settle for the money they are getting from spin-offs and prequels while they could definitely earn at least 50 more million with movies that features the original cast.
So your telling me that instead of making hundreds of millions on other X Men films that can be easily made and already have a built in fan base, it would be a smarter business decision to just not make them?

Your right, that makes perfect business sense haha.

Avengers makes more then Thor and Iron Man. Doesn't mean they should only make Avengers.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #32
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Its not what I'm saying. What I said is movies with the original cast earn more money than spin-offs. Just by looking at the box-office performances of the first five X-Men films, you will know that. So in my opinion, they should just spend their money on making films with the original cast.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-06-2013, 01:34 AM   #33
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Its not what I'm saying.
Your saying Fox should lose money by not making other X-Men films, but it's ok because the main X-Men team will make 50 million more then another film. Which is still Fox throwing away money.

The more X films they make the more money they gain. Anything other then the main team is extra cash. Doesn't matter if it's Wolverine, Deadpool or FC2. That's all extra millions for Fox in blu ray,digital and box office.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:41 AM   #34
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I didn't say FOX should lose money for making other X-Men films. You made it sound like I said that I want The Wolverine to flop, the third First Class movie to flop. I just don't think they will be very successful, but I didn't say I want them to flop, So get your facts right.

You know what, I just think these prequels and spin-offs are holding back X-Men to get a lot of money at the box-office or at least compete with the other big movies out there. If they are just gonna focus on releasing 1 X-Men film featuring the OT cast every 2 to 3 years, X-Men would be earning $700 million to $1Billion per film.

But of course, fan-boys are saying, that FOX should make a third First Class movie, make a Deadpool film, make a New Mutants movie and its pretty obvious that none of these movies has the potential on becoming a huge blockbuster.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #35
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Deadpool has a snowball's chance in hell of becoming a blockbuster. A carnage-choked, 4th wall-breaking film will attract a mininscule audience. Sanitize to appeal to the GA, and lose what makes the character unique.

jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:55 AM   #36
def28
Side-Kick

Deadpool is gonna make a ****load of cash... for it's budget.
Quote:
I
But of course, fan-boys are saying, that FOX should make a third First Class movie, make a Deadpool film, make a New Mutants movie and its pretty obvious that none of these movies has the potential on becoming a huge blockbuster.
SO what? People want to see the characters they like. If you tell a FC fan they shouldn't make any more movies you think they are gonna be happy about that and agree with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus;26[B
020421][/B]I didn't say FOX should lose money for making other X-Men films. You made it sound like I said that I want The Wolverine to flop, the third First Class movie to flop. I just don't think they will be very successful, but I didn't say I want them to flop, So get your facts right.
You have said a billion times that Fox should only make main team films. Read my posts again. I never said you wanted The Wolverine to flop.

Last edited by def28; 06-06-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #37
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Your saying Fox should lose money by not making other X-Men films.
I didn't say FOX should lose money. But I just think they will not earn a lot of money with spin-offs/prequels.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-06-2013, 02:02 AM   #38
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I didn't say FOX should lose money. But I just think they will not earn a lot of money with spin-offs/prequels.
When you say they shouldn't make other films besides the main team that=losing money.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:05 AM   #39
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

But I didn't say they should lose money for making spin-off films.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-06-2013, 02:09 AM   #40
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
But I didn't say they should lose money for making spin-off films.
Awesome! Then you finally agree that it's in Fox's best interest business wise to make more solo and team films.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #41
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

From the beginning, what I said is, spin-offs and prequels are not gonna be more successful than films with the original cast. I never said anything about losing money. I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to spin this discussion to prove yourself that you're right.

And business-wise, its better for them to strive for big successful movies, not low-budget movies like Deadpool that would only gross 50 to 100 million. For First Class movies and the other spin-off teams, that would only gross 200 to 300 million worldwide.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-06-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:37 AM   #42
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
From the beginning, what I said is, spin-offs and prequels are not gonna be more successful than films with the original cast. I never said anything about losing money.
Then why did you disagree here? I never said stop making Main X Films or spinnoffs are gonna make more then them. I said those films are extra money. And you said no....
Quote:
Which is why you are gonna see alot of X-Men films in the future besides the main team. That's extra money for Fox.

Everything gets adapted nowadays.
Quote:
No, they are more likely going to make films that really attracts to the casual viewers and those are X-Men team films with the original cast.

Quote:
And business-wise, its better for them to strive for big successful movies, not low-budget movies like Deadpool that would only gross 50 to 100 million. For First Class movies and the other spin-off teams, that would only gross 200 to 300 million worldwide.
You seem to be implying that Deadpool and FC should not be made cause they wont make as much as a Main Team film. Not just here but in every other X-Men thread, where your much more blunt about it. If that is what you mean, then yeah the studio is missing out on making more money in addition to the main films and that would be bad business when you own over 100 characters. Most of whom have a built in fan base. Your not flat out saying lose money but thats what would happen if those films or any other additional X flicks are not made.The studio will make the most profit with multiple films. Like they are right now with The Wolverine and DofP.

Last edited by def28; 06-06-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #43
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I don't think there's anything more to be said about Wolverine in the movies so they might as well ditch that solo series and incorporate him into the team films.

Origins never really improved upon the backstory scenes we saw in X2, and there's such feeble anticipation for The Wolverine at the moment that there's a sense that little more can be done with fleshing out the character. Fleshing out some of the OTHER characters wouldn't go amiss, to be frank.

I'm pretty sure that audiences and film fans feel the same way. Imagine if Iron Man kept on dominating the screen at the expense of everyone else. We've had four movies with Wolverine at the forefront and we're about to get a fifth. Excitement for Avengers 2 has been focused largely on new characters (Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch) rather on saying 'we're going to give you yet more backstory and emotion on Tony Stark.' We know everything about Tony Stark now, his story was wrapped up in IM3.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #44
def28
Side-Kick

Oh yeah, I think Logans done after this. They could do an Old Man Logan or an Omega Red flick but Jackman even sounds done. I think people still like Jackman alot as Wolverine. He just needs some balance or isolation from the main team when said and done. Really depends on the reaction and where he is after the next two films.

Last edited by def28; 06-06-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #45
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

He should just appear in films with the original cast. After DOFP, they should focus again on making films with the original cast again. Its probably gonna be easier for Hugh Jackman.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #46
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Oh yeah, I think Logans done after this. They could do an Old Man Logan or an Omega Red flick but Jackman even sounds done. I think people still like Jackman alot as Wolverine. He just needs some balance or isolation from the main team when said and done. Really depends on the reaction and where he is after the next two films.
What I like about Wolverine's solo adventures are the villains. Its interesting and important for a superhero to have a well-known Rogues Gallery, look at Batman and Spider-Man for example. Everytime they have a new movie and people are always interested to see who the villain is. Sabretooth, Mystique, Stryker, Lady Deathstrike, Silver Samurai, these are some of the most iconic Wolverine villains in the comic-books and all of them were already portrayed in the movies. Then for his love-interests, most of his most-well known love-interests were already covered in the movies, Jean Grey, Mariko and Silver Fox. The only really-well known Wolverine villain that we have yet to see in the movies is Omega Red and I think they could just include Omega Red in a X-Men team movie and let him have his beef/fight with Wolverine. I don't think we need to see a separate film for that.

The Old Man Logan concept for the third movie is a good idea. His first movie is set in the past, the second is set in the present and what if, his third movie is set in the future where he's really old. But I don't think its really necessary.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #47
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

was there a love interest in Old Man Logan?

I wonder how Logan would work as a mentor for the New Mutants as opposed to Xavier or Cable. Hmm...

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #48
def28
Side-Kick

Old Man Logan would have to be switched up quite a bit. I don't remember a main love interest, but it's been awhile since I've read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
I wonder how Logan would work as a mentor for the New Mutants as opposed to Xavier or Cable. Hmm...
I'd be cool with that. Especially If they went with a similar role like he is in Aarons WATX.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #49
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
was there a love interest in Old Man Logan?
He has a wife and kids.

If they are gonna adapt this story-arc into film, they would need to replace most of the characters especially like Hulk, Hawkeye, Red Skull, etc. FOX doesn't have the rights for those characters.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #50
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
He has a wife and kids.

If they are gonna adapt this story-arc into film, they would need to replace most of the characters especially like Hulk, Hawkeye, Red Skull, etc. FOX doesn't have the rights for those characters.
Oh yeah, Maureen or something right?

Yeah, alot's gonna have to go. Don't they even go to the Savage land and fight venom Dino's at one point haha?