The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #951
JackWhite
Third Man

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I might join in if I'm not working the next day.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #952
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
So here's an idea...we all should pick the same day/night and time and watch TDKR while conversing to each other on this thread to pick a part each other's brains on what we think about scenes, et cetera.
Boy, you are gonna be so miserable during that. If you think some people have unjustly criticized TDKR around here (I've seen you do a lot of defending of the film), wait 'til you see how they rip it apart scene-by-scene.

michael1975 on Superman/Batman movie -

"I no longer care. I am so utterly disappointed it's not even funny. When movie comes out and his horrible I'm going to come back here and laugh and say "I told you so"."
Old 06-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #953
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I think we should eventually do a B&R watch, I think that will be a lot of fun.
Now THAT would be a lot of fun for everyone, I surmise. No controversy there.

michael1975 on Superman/Batman movie -

"I no longer care. I am so utterly disappointed it's not even funny. When movie comes out and his horrible I'm going to come back here and laugh and say "I told you so"."
Old 06-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #954
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Getting both sides of the coin to sit down and watch the film won't be a problem. If they go overboard, I will politely inform them that they can no longer participate.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #955
doobie
Side-Kick

Going back to this reminiscing about the movie's hype. I wonder if we'll see it reborn with this Superman series. I haven't followed the series much so I don't know nearly as much about it as I did about Nolan's Batman. But I imagine they will bring in Luthor for film 2, sparking off tons of debate about who should play him, then we hear a shocking/unexpected choice of actor, then tons of rumors about what he will do and how epic he will be.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #956
regwec
Shakespearo

As a Superman fan, I nevertheless doubt that Luthor has the same cache as The Joker. Luthor is more of a cipher- it is almost unimportant who plays him. I would would guess that Darkseid and Braniac would cause a greater snowball of interest.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 06-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #957
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

I think Luthor could be extremely badass once they move away a bit from his more campy incarnations. He's always been sorta the "Batman" of the DCU villains. Really prepared for lots of eventualities, lots of high tech, unlimited resources, conniving, long term plans, posing a formidable threat to foes far more physically powerful than himself, etc.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 06-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #958
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Yeah, I mean Luthor has a ton of potential as a character. Totally different archetype than The Joker.

But let's get real, The Joker is on a tier of his own when it comes to comic book villains and the excitement he generates.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 06-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #959
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Absolutely. Joker has a lot of vivid imagery and flair accompanying him that Luthor just doesn't have.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 06-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #960
Anno_Domini
Banned User

The Joker and Green Goblin are the top villains in their respective brands, imo(DC and Marvel).

Old 06-06-2013, 03:52 AM   #961
doobie
Side-Kick

Thats true I mean, everyone in sci fi fandom knows Mark Hammil played Joker in the cartoon, who the heck knows who voiced Luthor. Theres no ceaser romero or Nicholson to compete with, good as Gene Hackman is in other films I dont think he changed anyones life as Luthor.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #962
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Are we still planning the movie for tomorrow?

Old 06-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #963
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

I forgot about that. But I am again, down

Free Original Music
Old 06-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #964
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Yes, tomorrow at 8 PM Eastern, 5 PM Pacific(which would also be 7 PM Central and 6 PM Mountain).

Since there are some posters who are totally for it, I will create the thread, but there might be a chance I may not be able to watch it as I may have to go to work at 6, but I don't want to ruin that so I'll create the thread and stick around for that before I leave for work. I'll get a confirmation if I'm working when I go in tonight, we shall see.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #965
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
The Joker and Green Goblin are the top villains in their respective brands, imo(DC and Marvel).
I disagree. Loki has overtaken any of the Spider-Man villains, especially with the general audience (in particular female moviegoers). In terms of villain quality, I think Magneto is the best one in the Marvel universe. He was actually voted above the Joker on IGN's list of the best comic book villains. I don't agree with putting any villain above the Joker on that kind of list, but Magneto is still great and I would put him at a strong #2.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #966
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
I disagree. Loki has overtaken any of the Spider-Man villains, especially with the general audience (in particular female moviegoers). In terms of villain quality, I think Magneto is the best one in the Marvel universe. He was actually voted above the Joker on IGN's list of the best comic book villains. I don't agree with putting any villain above the Joker on that kind of list, but Magneto is still great and I would put him at a strong #2.
Loki did very well, specially in Thor. The good thing about Green Goblin is that he was Willem Dafoe and precisely the problem was that he used a horrible plastic mask covering his perfect-for-the-character face. And then the character had barely a good motivation, if any at all.

But I agree with you, my absolute favorite Marvel movies villain would be Magneto.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #967
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I'm not talking about the best villain for each brand when it comes to films, but within the DC and Marvel universes from the comics.

To me, I could definitely place Green Goblin on top of Marvel's list, but Magneto could be #1 as well, and even Dr. Doom too.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #968
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Magneto is a much more interesting character than Green Goblin.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #969
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Magneto is a much more interesting character than Green Goblin.
Harry Osborn as the Green Goblin was a very interesting character in the comics. At one point he was depicted as being similar to a relapsing alcoholic. In fact the Goblin character in general can be seen as an allegory to alcoholism.

It's a shame they brought Norman Osborn back and turned him into some sort of "master troll" who would give Spider-Man a wedgie if that was enough to ruin his life.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #970
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

So are we all watching this movie in two hours?

Free Original Music
Old 06-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #971
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I'll be creating a thread called "Let's Watch The Dark Knight Rises", but I won't be around for much of it so I won't be watching, but better believe I'm going to read the conversations on the thread when I get home!

Anyone still wanting to watch it, let me know on here and then I'll make the thread in 30 minutes(Well, make it 25 minutes so people get used to going to that specific thread before starting the film ).

Old 06-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #972
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

I'm excited. It's been a long time since I've watched this. Hopefully others will be participating?

Free Original Music
Old 06-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #973
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Pre-TDKR, we used to have some Livestreaming of TAS episodes and I think we made it through BB and TDK (and some Burton and Schumacher), but a TDKR Livestream never materialized. The guy who ran it is super-busy doing his own thing now, haha.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #974
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I thought some would...I wonder if I shouldn't make a thread though as I was expecting a lot more answers right now before I create a new thread.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #975
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Okay, so I may not create a new thread and we'll just have it on this thread as whoever watches the film can talk about it on this thread. Sorry to anyone, but I was expecting quite a lot more people, as there was a pretty good number beforehand that wanted to watch TDKR.

But, anyways, it's close to 5! Have fun if you're going to watch TDKR and I'll stick around to read before I leave!

Closed Thread