The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 06-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #226
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Default Re: Guy Pearce is Aldrich Killian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
The "fire breathing thing" came straight from the comics. There was nothing cheesy about it.
It may have been in the comics, but I'm just saying, why include it into the movie when it's literally those few seconds and they never did anything else with the concept again?

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #227
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
It may have been in the comics, but I'm just saying, why include it into the movie when it's literally those few seconds and they never did anything else with the concept again?
Maybe because he never needed to use it before. What did you want him to do, light a cigarette with his fire breath? Heat up some hot dogs with it? He didn't have an action sequence until the end.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #228
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
Maybe because he never needed to use it before. What did you want him to do, light a cigarette with his fire breath? Heat up some hot dogs with it? He didn't have an action sequence until the end.
you kinda answered your own question: he indeed does have the action sequence near the end, so why not use it there?
What was the fire breathing-thing used for anyway? Killian spit fire one time in a threatning fashion and then Rhodey had his comedic line "So you breath fire? Ok". I'm sure it means a lot more in the comics

you seemingly liked the idea that Killian could breath fire, and that's fine by me, but the question is did it need to be there. It's kinda such a far out idea to put there that it's weird just having it established and not do anything with it. I'm sure that if it's from the comics like you said, they had more than a single panel where he spit fire and nothing with that ever again

Last edited by TheWallCrawler; 06-07-2013 at 11:58 AM.
TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #229
burrahobbit

Great thread, some really nice analysis of the character here. I have to be honest, I'm not a comic book reader, but I'm a fan of the "Iron Man" films and Guy Pearce. Obviously the combination pleased me greatly.

Anyway, some of the posts here have hinted at the possibility that we'll see him again? Can anyone give me a few basic reasons why I can hope (fantasize) about seeing Killian in another Marvel film?

Thanks much

burrahobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #230
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

There's an old saying in Marvel comics: Nobody ever stays dead in the Marvel Universe, except Uncle Ben. The "resurrection" of Agent Coulson in the upcoming "Agents of SHIELD" TV series is proof of that.

It just comes down to whether or not the studio feels like they could get more mileage out of the character. If they do feel that way, then it'd be simple enough to say that Extremis-enhanced Killian is basically immortal, and survived the blast from Pepper.

The only way I'd really see him coming back, though, is if they choose to put together a "Masters of Evil" supervillain team for, say, Avengers 2, as a lot of posters here seem to hope.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #231
burrahobbit

Thanks--it really would be fairly easy, and not require too much greater suspension of disbelief to say that Killian either cloned himself, re-grew himself or whatever. With genetics, writers can get quite creative.

Even if they go with that MoE story line, it's still a question whether or not Pearce would reprise the role (I think he almost never re-visits a part). I think if Wheddon composed a good script, though, he'd probably be on board

burrahobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #232
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

I would love for Pearce to come back. I think he would be awesome if was like the Norman Osbourne/Doctor Doom of this universe since it's obvious they won't be getting those guys soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #233
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

I think his death was ambiguous enough, what with his healing factor, to say he survived and that SHIELD dug him out of the wreckage and shoves him in a holding cell somewhere.