The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 05-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #626
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

It's almost funny how young Thor looks when you go back and watch the first movie after having gotten used to the images from TDW.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #627
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
All I remember is Thanos grabbing Odin's spear and encasing him in that crystal substance only for Odin to breakout.

Hmm I don't remember seeing Thanos "punch" Odin, can you post a scan for me? Oh and I'm pretty sure the fight would've went the same with or without Odin using the spear.

The spear itself doesn't have any power, it's just a tool Odin uses to channel his power from time to time.
It was real quick. Thanos was not hurt by Odin at all until he started channeling his energy through the spear.... odin blasts thanos, thanos takes, thanos blasts odin, odin takes, surfer blasts odin..nothing, thanos runs in and hits him with a charged punch right here, Odin slaps him away

Old 05-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #628
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Glorious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
Found a better scan of the Empire photo, that SimiofDoom posted yesterday

Like!

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #629
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
It was real quick. Thanos was not hurt by Odin at all until he started channeling his energy through the spear.... odin blasts thanos, thanos takes, thanos blasts odin, odin takes, surfer blasts odin..nothing, thanos runs in and hits him with a charged punch right here, Odin slaps him away

Looks like Odin blocked Thanos' punch THEN slapped him away, it's clear that Odin is above Thanos with or without the spear. Thanos struggled to push through Odin's blast btw, you guys are making it seem like did it effortlessly.

However Odin did shrug off everything Thanos hit him with effortlessly, he never once stumbled, fell, or flew back. But hey, at the end of the day we're both gonna think what we think so this is pointless.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #630
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
Found a better scan of the Empire photo, that SimiofDoom posted yesterday

Like!
Thanks for posting this awesome photo! SO going to be my new mobile phone wallpaper

fear my name!"

I Show You Were The Hammer Hangs!
Lady_Sif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #631
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Are you sure your not confusing it with the time he killed a Galactus clone he made? Regardless, you answered your own question: hungry Galactus. If hungry enough, Galactus can get driven off by Thor, let alone Thanos.

I am probably getting my stories mixed up

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #632
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Looks like Odin blocked Thanos' punch THEN slapped him away, it's clear that Odin is above Thanos with or without the spear. Thanos struggled to push through Odin's blast btw, you guys are making it seem like did it effortlessly.

However Odin did shrug off everything Thanos hit him with effortlessly, he never once stumbled, fell, or flew back. But hey, at the end of the day we're both gonna think what we think so this is pointless.
wait...we're not on the same page lol. no one is saying Thanos can beat, or is even equal to Odin. I'm strictly talking about Thanos' durability.

It looks to me like Thanos' punch connects..but has no effect, while Odin's does. Odin blasted thanos twice, and thanos took it, but was still on the lower end. Odin then summoned the spear, and blasted thanos, once, thanos got up from it. Odin blasted thanos and he walked through it. We didn't say it was fast, it WAS slow. But the fact is that he was able to walk through a concentrate blast...and grab the spear, that was the impressive part.. before they went in the air and did whatever they did. Thanos got up slowly, but got up. Odin let him. And thanos was ready to keep going. He has since been upgraded one more time, so I personally think he would do a little better than before, but not enough to give him a good fight.

All I am saying is that Thanos is Durable enough to hang with someone on Odin's level for a little while, but he's lacking in the offensive for that specific tier.

Odin is above Thanos. That's clear. He can't beat him, he's just durable enough to hang with him, THAT'S the impressive thing.

I'm not saying he can beat him, Not that it was a good, even fight, not that he was able to hurt him, just that he was able to take Odin's punishment for like 13 pages, and survive, and look fine like a page later or something. his durability

Old 05-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #633
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sif View Post
Thanks for posting this awesome photo! SO going to be my new mobile phone wallpaper
You're welcome!
I consider to get me the Empire issue, but it's quite expensive here. Didn't find a hi-res version of the image so far.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #634
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
wait...we're not on the same page lol. no one is saying Thanos can beat, or is even equal to Odin. I'm strictly talking about Thanos' durability.

It looks to me like Thanos' punch connects..but has no effect, while Odin's does. Odin blasted thanos twice, and thanos took it, but was still on the lower end. Odin then summoned the spear, and blasted thanos, once, thanos got up from it. Odin blasted thanos and he walked through it. We didn't say it was fast, it WAS slow. But the fact is that he was able to walk through a concentrate blast...and grab the spear, that was the impressive part.. before they went in the air and did whatever they did. Thanos got up slowly, but got up. Odin let him. And thanos was ready to keep going. He has since been upgraded one more time, so I personally think he would do a little better than before, but not enough to give him a good fight.

All I am saying is that Thanos is Durable enough to hang with someone on Odin's level for a little while, but he's lacking in the offensive for that specific tier.

Odin is above Thanos. That's clear. He can't beat him, he's just durable enough to hang with him, THAT'S the impressive thing.

I'm not saying he can beat him, Not that it was a good, even fight, not that he was able to hurt him, just that he was able to take Odin's punishment for like 13 pages, and survive, and look fine like a page later or something. his durability
Oh my bad bro, I've been postin from my phone lately so I haven't been able to read as thoroughly as I should. Yeah I see what you meant now and I agree wholeheartely Thanos is one TOUGH bastard.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #635
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

With all of this talk about Odin and Thanos, one must wonder on why Odin wouldn't get involved when Thanos becomes more of an direct threat for everyone since Thanos's goals threatens all life in existence.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:49 AM   #636
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
With all of this talk about Odin and Thanos, one must wonder on why Odin wouldn't get involved when Thanos becomes more of an direct threat for everyone since Thanos's goals threatens all life in existence.
the only reason I don't see Odin getting physically involved is because in the MCU he's basically not portrayed as a fighter, more of a ruler and onlooker. But we'll see if Odin has any real action in this film, but I doubt it.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:25 AM   #637
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
the only reason I don't see Odin getting physically involved is because in the MCU he's basically not portrayed as a fighter, more of a ruler and onlooker. But we'll see if Odin has any real action in this film, but I doubt it.
I would think that if something angered Odin enough he would get more involved physically.

- All I ask for is all that I already have.

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #638
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I would think that if something angered Odin enough he would get more involved physically.
but it's different. The face of the MCU, in a way, is the avengers. They are going to be the ones to stop thanos more than likely

Old 06-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #639
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Quote:
but it's different. The face of the MCU, in a way, is the avengers. They are going to be the ones to stop thanos more than likely
But the thing was that they established in the first film that having the title of King in Asgard basically entails that you be in charge of maintaining the peace throughout the realms and if one foe emerges that threatens all of that, then Odin should meet it head on since he's still more powerful than Thor at the moment.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #640
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

They've never actually said that Odin is stronger/more powerful than Thor in the MCU though have they? Just because he's the one who maintains peace in the realms doesn't mean he's also the most powerful physically. I'm just highly doubting we see a comic book Odin in power levels in the MCU. But maybe if like Godzilla said something, like Thanos or someone else, made him get physically involved we would see that he'd essentially wipe the floor with anyone, which would be cool, but not really needed in the MCU.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #641
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Eh, Thor pretty clearly implied that Odin was on another level than Thor and the rest. Note that Thor *and* his whole band were something Laufey was going to kill, good fight or not. Odin shows up, everyone halts, and when Laufey himself attacks Odin, Laufey and everyone else gets blasted back for their efforts.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #642
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I guess I always just took that scene as a sign of respect towards Odin that they ceased attack, tagged along with him being a great warrior in his early days (the beginning of the movie scene) It does make sense that Odin is stronger than Thor, but I still don't think we'd ever see him battle. More like he'll die and his strength will be added to Thor's somewhere down the line.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:20 AM   #643
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah Odin can be very intimidating when full of the Odin Force and the frost Giant scene was when he was in a weakened state.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #644
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Yeah Odin can be very intimidating when full of the Odin Force and the frost Giant scene was when he was in a weakened state.
yeah, I just don't think we'll ever see MCU Odin at full Odin force level, or ever fight at all.. save that for the comics, or eventually for Surtur if they want to use him there I suppose, but I think in Thor movies, just give me Thor doing the cool stuff.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #645
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Well it sounded like Hopkins was wanting out and this was the last movie for him. I bet we see the All Father missile somewhere

....to every King.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #646
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
I still stand by the theory that it will take all of the MCU good guys to stop Thanos not just the Avengers.

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #647
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

If he gets the Infinity Gauntlet I can see that

....to every King.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #648
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

I can actually see Marvel heading in that direction with Thanos.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #649
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
yeah, I just don't think we'll ever see MCU Odin at full Odin force level, or ever fight at all.. save that for the comics, or eventually for Surtur if they want to use him there I suppose, but I think in Thor movies, just give me Thor doing the cool stuff.
I feel the same way but I'm not giving up hope, I want Odin to lay an OF powered smackdown atleast ONCE.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #650
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
I feel the same way but I'm not giving up hope, I want Odin to lay an OF powered smackdown atleast ONCE.
I hope so too, it would be so amazingly awesome.