The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 05-01-2013, 03:33 AM   #126
Flemm
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Maybe he has learnt he can teleport into the path of the hammer. I dunno...
Something funky is definitely happening there. Sif seems surprised.

I wonder if he throws the hammer, leaves, then returns later and catches the hammer.

LoL.

Could be pretty awesome

Flemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #127
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Maybe he has learnt he can teleport into the path of the hammer. Like choosing to go to IT, instead of having it return to him. I dunno...
This is a very good theory and I would actually be cool if that was the case.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #128
MarvelStudios77

To say the least, I was dissappointed in Weldon's attempt at Thor in Avengers....

First off Thor would Totally Crush Iron Mans Tech, he was clearly holding back in that fight.

I think Thor could destroy the Hulk rather easily as well if he used his entire powerbase against him....but Weldon made it seem like the Hulk could take Thor in the Avengers.

And When Thor strikes Caps Sheild with that blow, it should have shattered every bone in Steve Rodgers body....

Thor is the Mighty Avenger for a reason !!
Nuff said.

MarvelStudios77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #129
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

the shield is indestructible. It was just recently stated in the prelude to the dark world, that Odin's summoning of Dark Energy weaken Odin, AND Thor. So thor was "depowered" in the avengers movie.

Now let's look at his feats. a depowered Thor, fights Ironman who is powered up, up to 475%. Thor holding back had the advantage, easily. Even weakened and holding back, he was still way too much for a powered up ironman!

A depowered thor was able to joyfully brawl with, and contain an enraged hulk, and even basically control the pace of it.

I don't know what you are on, but to me, and to a lot of us here, it was made pretty clear that even though hulk is the wow factor, Thor is just pretty clearly the most powerful avenger at this point.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #130
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelStudios77 View Post
To say the least, I was dissappointed in Weldon's attempt at Thor in Avengers....

First off Thor would Totally Crush Iron Mans Tech, he was clearly holding back in that fight.

I think Thor could destroy the Hulk rather easily as well if he used his entire powerbase against him....but Weldon made it seem like the Hulk could take Thor in the Avengers.

And When Thor strikes Caps Sheild with that blow, it should have shattered every bone in Steve Rodgers body....

Thor is the Mighty Avenger for a reason !!
Nuff said.
Well what kind of film would it be if Thor just laid the smack down on everyone without them putting up a good fight. The Avengers is a "team film" not a Thor film, I think they did a good just of treating each hero with respect.

Thor crushed IM's gauntlet bare handed, went toe to toe with Hulk and caught his punch, and you can't forget the huge lighting attack in NY.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 06-08-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:47 AM   #131
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I'd say Thor was depowered from the Dark Energy or whatever for most of the film, until that field scene where he basically repowers before the big battle. Still, everything he did was awesome throughout.. can't wait for this go around!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #132
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Well what kind of film would it be if Thor just laid the smack down on everyone without them putting up a good fight. The Avengers is a "team film" not a Thor film, I think they did a good just of treating each hero with respect.

Thor crushed IM's gauntlet bare handed, went toe to toe with Hulk and caught his punch, and you can't the huge lighting attack in NY.
Idk what he saw, but thor seemed to be the superior avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I'd say Thor was depowered from the Dark Energy or whatever for most of the film, until that field scene where he basically repowers before the big battle. Still, everything he did was awesome throughout.. can't wait for this go around!
yeah me too lol he still was the most impressive

Old 06-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #133
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
the shield is indestructible. It was just recently stated in the prelude to the dark world, that Odin's summoning of Dark Energy weaken Odin, AND Thor. So thor was "depowered" in the avengers movie.

Now let's look at his feats. a depowered Thor, fights Ironman who is powered up, up to 475%. Thor holding back had the advantage, easily. Even weakened and holding back, he was still way too much for a powered up ironman!

A depowered thor was able to joyfully brawl with, and contain an enraged hulk, and even basically control the pace of it.

I don't know what you are on, but to me, and to a lot of us here, it was made pretty clear that even though hulk is the wow factor, Thor is just pretty clearly the most powerful avenger at this point.
How much are the prelude comics relevant to the movie canon? Are they made under Feige and written to affect, or defive from, the scripts, or are they written separately to bring something extra to comic readers?

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #134
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
How much are the prelude comics relevant to the movie canon? Are they made under Feige and written to affect, or defive from, the scripts, or are they written separately to bring something extra to comic readers?
pretty sure they're considered Canon, mostly there just to touch up loose ends or greater interweave everything together. Like IM3's was why War Machine wasn't around, if you don't read it you probably won't miss anything but they allude to what could happen (Badoon being in Thor2 one) or tie together what did happen (Thor coming to Earth via Dark Energy is why all this chaos is going to happen in Thor2)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #135
BoredGuy
Killing Time

it's canon in the sense that geeks will adhere to it
but that seems like something rather important to tell the audience if its true

to the many millions who know these characters from the film, Thor was at his normal power level
but he did still hold his own with hulk, kicked IM's ass, and generally proved himself to be the most powerful

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #136
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
pretty sure they're considered Canon, mostly there just to touch up loose ends or greater interweave everything together. Like IM3's was why War Machine wasn't around, if you don't read it you probably won't miss anything but they allude to what could happen (Badoon being in Thor2 one) or tie together what did happen (Thor coming to Earth via Dark Energy is why all this chaos is going to happen in Thor2)
I was thinking in the manner of that if the comic says that Thor was weakened, will they tell the script writers and directors to amp him up in the future? Not that I really expect anyone here to actually know that. I guess we'll see.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #137
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I suspect they are canon, if and only if they are not contradicted by future movies ( and TV shows ).

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #138
Godzilla2000
Caged Tigress

I tend to think that Thor purposefully powered himself down in the Avengers because he did not want to outright kill Tony or Hulk with the destructiveness of his sheer Asgardian power at full and you all know he probably could have if he wanted. Earthlings, even with super powers, like Steve Rodgers, are much more fragile than he is.

- Some rockstars need to stop whining about things and just make new music regardless of what they think of the mainstream music scene.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #139
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Not just Hulk and Tony, but also "everybody in his vicinity." Note that the Hulk fight occurred inside the Helicarrier. If he unleashed something like, say, the giant shockwave attack he did in Thor? It very likely would have taken out Hulk right then and there. . . but it would have also obliterated the Helicarrier, and killed everyone on board.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #140
Godzilla2000
Caged Tigress

Exactly why Thor utilized his powers with such restraint. He's not a cold blooded killer like Loki is.

- Some rockstars need to stop whining about things and just make new music regardless of what they think of the mainstream music scene.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #141
warriorking
Side-Kick

It will be interesting to see how much power Thor is given with this new director, hopefully he will not be held back as he was in the Avengers..
I hope to read afterwards how Joss Whedon will have to rethink Thor's role in the Avengers 2, because the bar has not only been raised but completely removed....

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #142
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
It will be interesting to see how much power Thor is given with this new director, hopefully he will not be held back as he was in the Avengers..
I hope to read afterwards how Joss Whedon will have to rethink Thor's role in the Avengers 2, because the bar has not only been raised but completely removed....
Keep in mind that Thor was just shy of becoming KING in the first film, so, that MIGHT have alittle to do with what powers he gets in Dark World.
The "teleporting" might be bestowed on him then, OR he might have learned how it was done when he and Loki left Earth in Avengers via the cube.
Something to think about lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #143
Godzilla2000
Caged Tigress

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post

Given where the final battle with Malekith may take place, and especially if it's a dead world I think we will see Thor just letting his full power show. Like I'd said awhile ago I'd love to see a fully enraged Thor, his body arcing with lighting and electricity radiating from his eyes. It would be an absolutely badass scary moment in any movie to see Thor in warrior's rage.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #144
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Given where the final battle with Malekith may take place, and especially if it's a dead world I think we will see Thor just letting his full power show. Like I'd said awhile ago I'd love to see a fully enraged Thor, his body arcing with lighting and electricity radiating from his eyes. It would be an absolutely badass scary moment in any movie to see Thor in warrior's rage.
Yeah, that would be amazing to see.

Donar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #145
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I thought Thor was going to fight Kurse in the final battle, but we don't have enough info to know yet. Either way it would be awesome seeing Thor enraged and surging with lightning and radiating from his eyes.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 06-11-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:57 AM   #146
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Wonder if Kurse will be a slave warrior forced to battle Thor for Malekith after Thor damages Male's face?

....to every King.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #147
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

do we even know if Malekith get's damaged by thor? who's to say that the scene there isn't a flashback?

"enemy that predates the universe" "before the universe, there was darkness"

there's definitely some ancient stuff going on, it very well could be a flashback of how say...malekith tampering with this darkness earlier on could have lead to something that caused his scars

Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #148
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well maybe, but when the dark Evles are attacking Asgard I'm assuming it's present day and that's the newer pic of Malekith too.

....to every King.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #149
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I don't know, I feel that it's going to have some significance to the whole darkness thing.

Getting damaged during an invasion, seems to simple

Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #150
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I don't know, I feel that it's going to have some significance to the whole darkness thing.

Getting damaged during an invasion, seems to simple
In the prelude comic Odin seems to have some sort of object or machine to harness the dark energy so perhaps that's what Malekith is after when he attacks? He might be disfigured while taking the energy into himself or something.