The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #976
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

This makes me a sad panda. You expect me to believe that a bunch of Batman geeks have something better to do than rant/praise TDKR on a Friday night?

Bull

But thanks for your effort in trying to organize this, Anno.

Free Original Music
Old 06-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #977
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Hahaha, I try. Well, I suppose more could show up and just forgot for a few minutes.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #978
JackWhite
Third Man

I probably shouldn't have watched TDKR yesterday, lol. It was perfect timing though, because I was off work early and could watch it with the roaring surround sound.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #979
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

lol I guess we have to reschedule then?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #980
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
lol I guess we have to reschedule then?
lol, well don't do so on my accord. I mean, it might be better to reschedule anyway, considering no one else seems to be around at the moment.

What would be cool, is if we did this for the entire trilogy, one film at a time, when the ultimate collector's edition is released. But I don't think many here would want to wait that long.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #981
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Maybe July 19/20, a kind of 1 year later thing.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #982
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
That sounds pretty good also.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #983
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

What got rescheduled?

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #984
bilbo baggins
Side-Kick

i watched it. if my girlfriend sees me watch it again shes out the door. lol

Old 06-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #985
Travesty
TEOL

Good woman.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #986
batfreakforever
A real fan

Like I need another excuse to watch TDKR. But it does sounds effing weird. '' Hey honey why are you watching Rises again?'' ''I'm watching it because someone I don't know and never met told me to from the internet'' she replys ''but when it's time to help with my parents your busy''. But then again replying to people on the net about a movie then trying to explain why you like it is .......... Yeah we all know the answer.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #987
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
I like that.

Free Original Music
Old 06-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #988
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Okay, so I may not create a new thread and we'll just have it on this thread as whoever watches the film can talk about it on this thread. Sorry to anyone, but I was expecting quite a lot more people, as there was a pretty good number beforehand that wanted to watch TDKR.

But, anyways, it's close to 5! Have fun if you're going to watch TDKR and I'll stick around to read before I leave!
So sorry, Anno. Something unexpected came up at the last moment and I couldn't make it for the viewing!

I'm happy to reschedule though if everyone else is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Good woman.

- The Joker
Old 06-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #989
bilbo baggins
Side-Kick

but im always busy when her parents want help...i got time for complete strangers on the net all the time they come callin

Old 06-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #990
batfreakforever
A real fan

The Dark knight Rises is my bluray demo disc. When I want to show someone what bluray has to offer I just crank up the volume and put on Rises. We all might not get along but it's great to know that there are people out in this world that still want to talk and watch this movie just like myself. Even if they only like parts of the movie. That's still good. I still have'nt met people that are devoted to Batman as I am but it's good to know they are out there!

Old 06-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #991
bilbo baggins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
The Dark knight Rises is my bluray demo disc. When I want to show someone what bluray has to offer I just crank up the volume and put on Rises. We all might not get along but it's great to know that there are people out in this world that still want to talk and watch this movie just like myself. Even if they only like parts of the movie. That's still good. I still have'nt met people that are devoted to Batman as I am but it's good to know they are out there!
you are not alone....

Old 06-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #992
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

If you're gonna demo, make sure your display is calibrated! Get a disk like the free AVS HD calibration disk or one of the ones sold in stores, perhaps with a blue filter. Many people's TVs have I looked at that just had bad settings.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #993
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Not a bad idea

The 19th is a Friday, the 20th is a Saturday...which would be best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Good woman.
Lol, that was actually funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
So sorry, Anno. Something unexpected came up at the last moment and I couldn't make it for the viewing!

I'm happy to reschedule though if everyone else is.
It's cool. I had to reschedule anyways as there was only myself and Brain Damage(and I had to leave for work anyways).

So, July 19 or 20 for the one year anniversary sounds like a GREAT idea.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #994
Visceral
Side-Kick

Batman really only appears three times in the last film, his first return is at dusk, his breaking is in the dead of night, and his final appearance is literally at dawn.

Knight being darkest before the dawn and all the symmetry is pretty fitting.

stone me if this has already been mentioned.

I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #995
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
Batman really only appears three times in the last film, his first return is at dusk, his breaking is in the dead of night, and his final appearance is literally at dawn.

Knight being darkest before the dawn and all the symmetry is pretty fitting.

stone me if this has already been mentioned.
Never thought of that. Awesome.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 06-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #996
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Pretty cool way of looking it, but I'm sure someone will say "Nu-uh, Batman showed up during the early evening before he met Bane in the sewers and also made his second return the night before the war in front of City Hall!"

But I do like that idea...isn't that the deal with the trilogy too? BB represents dusk, TDK represents night, TDKR represents day?

Old 06-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #997
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Me too.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #998
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Pretty cool way of looking it, but I'm sure someone will say "Nu-uh, Batman showed up during the early evening before he met Bane in the sewers and also made his second return the night before the war in front of City Hall!"

But I do like that idea...isn't that the deal with the trilogy too? BB represents dusk, TDK represents night, TDKR represents day?
Pretty much. Especially when you consider how throughout the trilogy, Nolan progressed more and more with daytime scenes.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #999
Visceral
Side-Kick

Quote:

Right even if you don't want to go that far, Batman's last stand being the only time he has shown up in the day time has to hold some sort of undeniable meaning. Nolan could have written the scene for a night time battle like all of the others.

I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #1000
batfreakforever
A real fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
If you're gonna demo, make sure your display is calibrated! Get a disk like the free AVS HD calibration disk or one of the ones sold in stores, perhaps with a blue filter. Many people's TVs have I looked at that just had bad settings.
Yeah I've got my HD tv calibrated with my surround calibrated too. I'm very anal when it comes to all that. I've been to other family's houses and have done their tv's too. We spend all this money so we need to get what we paid for.

Closed Thread