The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Old 06-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
Mr. Mann

Default Fan animated series

In 2014 or 2015 I am going to do one of two things. Maybe even both depending on the outcome. I will either create a Batman animated series through Kickstarter, or I will first go to Warner Brothers and see if they'll green light it.

It is a show aimed at teenagers and adults, but more so for adults, and is not a show for kids. This will not be 'kid friendly', this will be in a way, brutal. I currently have an outline for the first season, and some of the second season, and am now working on a pilot movie script. The show if made will be forty minutes long, minus the pilot which will be between an hour to an hour and a half long. While I am writing the pilot movie, I am also looking for concept artists. If any is picked and the series is made they will be credited. I can update as this all progresses and will answer questions should anyone have any. Oh yes, the title of the series will be called "Gotham".

Mr. Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Default Re: Fan animated series

I don't wanna be discouraging but even if the show was amazing and the writing was on par or even better than say BTAS or YJ I don't think Warners Bros would be able to use any of it for Legal reasons.

Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Wouldn't this be copyright infringement?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

If it's used for profit, yes. I'm not sure if ideas have to be original.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I keep thinking of Batman: Dead End, and not recalling the creative team having to face any legal consequences. Not that I am trying to create a false sense of security, but, am pointing out a recollection [that probably has a hole or two in it.]

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
If it's used for profit, yes. I'm not sure if ideas have to be original.
Yeah, the crowdfunding thing might be an issue, is what I'm saying. Especially if you are giving away rewards to backers.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

The crowdfunding is okay (but they should all be cited as producers) as they are all partaking in creating a nonprofit production. However, Kickstarter may not allow it as it is to use already owned, copyrighted, characters.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
Mako
Galactic Crusier

I wasn't referring to WB/DC's stance on Fanfilms but rather making a fan production and trying to officially pitch it, Which is what he would be trying to achieve. BTW DC/WB has been pretty lenient towards Fan Films as long has you are not making money from their property. MARVEL on the other hand....

Mako is offline   Reply With Quote