The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor World

Old 06-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #101
alexnyc
Side-Kick

Default Re: Hulk vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexpredator1 View Post
I love it when these two battle. Except for the Hulk vs. dvd. That was terrible.

Marvel will milk these two goliaths and the age old question: "who is stronger, hulk or thor?", until the end of time.

But an honest appraisal of each character's power set should show Thor as the clear winner in any fight between these two.
I don't know for me i think it would be the hulk because with all the fury the hulk has he'll become angrier and unstoppable that he will take thor and sweep the floor with him throwing his ass from one corner to another.

alexnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #102
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnyc View Post
Thor the most powerful no now if it's Superman hell yeah!
Why would Stan Lee write Superman?

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:34 AM   #103
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnyc View Post
I don't know for me i think it would be the hulk because with all the fury the hulk has he'll become angrier and unstoppable that he will take thor and sweep the floor with him throwing his ass from one corner to another.
What if they're outside?

Strength isn't everything I'm tired of everyone actin like it.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #104
Bren
Forevernoob

You know who'd beat both of them like petulant children?

Superman.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #105
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
You know who'd beat both of them like petulant children?

Superman.

I can't say this did not make me smile... Because it did.

Ahem... Annnnnnyyyyywaaaay..............

I understand why many of the Thor faithful were unhappy with this mini movie. But I just ate it up. It really was like a comic book in motion. Even down to the plot contrivance that has the Hulk able to "almost kill" Thor, only to have another contrivance "bring him back from the brink". Isn't this what happens in comics all the time? Anger that Thor was "beaten" clouds the fans ability to see just how awesome this thing is. Thor does come off great in this. He and the entirety of Asgard look freaking stunning! Where else have Sif, Amora, Hela, Valkyrie, TW3 and the rest ever looked so good in animation? Even EMH did not do them justice. It's a shame to my eyes that the fans don't like this more. It's great. As fans of Marvel comics let me ask you, would you want more things like HULK vs. or more product like what is currently available? More AGENTS OF S.M.A.S.H., AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #106
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I can't say this did not make me smile... Because it did.

Ahem... Annnnnnyyyyywaaaay..............

I understand why many of the Thor faithful were unhappy with this mini movie. But I just ate it up. It really was like a comic book in motion. Even down to the plot contrivance that has the Hulk able to "almost kill" Thor, only to have another contrivance "bring him back from the brink". Isn't this what happens in comics all the time? Anger that Thor was "beaten" clouds the fans ability to see just how awesome this thing is. Thor does come off great in this. He and the entirety of Asgard look freaking stunning! Where else have Sif, Amora, Hela, Valkyrie, TW3 and the rest ever looked so good in animation? Even EMH did not do them justice. It's a shame to my eyes that the fans don't like this more. It's great. As fans of Marvel comics let me ask you, would you want more things like HULK vs. or more product like what is currently available? More AGENTS OF S.M.A.S.H., AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN?
I'm sorry but how exactly did Thor and his fellow Asgardians "come off great" in this? They all basically played jobbers to the Hulk - most went down without a fight, Thor got the Passion of the Christ treatment just short of being nailed to a cross, just to show off why the Hulk is superior. That's not exactly coming off "great".

Heck, the animation and character designs weren't even that good. About the only thing I did like was the voice work on Loki, Sif and Amora and that doesn't make up for poor writing and poor animation on what was little more than Hulk propaganda.

New 52 Flash SUCKS

Last edited by Panthro; 08-17-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #107
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
I'm sorry but how exactly did Thor and his fellow Asgardians "come off great" in this? They all basically played jobbers to the Hulk - most went down without a fight, Thor got the Passion of the Christ treatment just short of being nailed to a cross, just to show off why the Hulk is superior. That's not exactly coming off "great".

Heck, the animation and character designs weren't even that good. About the only thing I did like was the voice work on Loki, Sif and Amora and that doesn't make up for poor writing and poor animation on what was little more than Hulk propaganda.
I know we can all get heated about our favorite heroes and how they are portrayed across media. I am a Superman fan. How do you think I feel about my dude getting jobbed by an aristocrat in a flying rat costume? These characters are all about belief, and anything that runs counter to our own beliefs, or would seem to be almost designed to diminish that belief (Cough *THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS* cough) always singes our hinders. But you'll pardon me if the term "Hulk propaganda" sounds a tad "tin foil brigade" to me. It comes off a little on the unhinged side. Just saying.

I just think HULK VS. was a very well done project that is a great intro to the both the world of Thor and Wolverine. The designs and tones are both very comic accurate. Did the Asgardians get smacked around by Hulk in this? Yes. But are we given a big ole plot contrivance (Hulk being rage filled like never before because Banner has been separated from him so his anger reigns supreme without any rationality to counter his emotional state) to explain this? Yes. Is this not the kind of stuff that's happened in comics to every character? Yes. The population of Asgard, Thor especially are shown to be just warriors, brave and true, that fight to the bitter end, no matter the cost. And again, though you feel the need to disagree, they look amazing as they do it. That shot of Valkyrie with her battle helm on, waiting for the Hulk to arrive is so Zod damned beautiful. Plus the characterizations of everyone is also comic accurate. If the fact that Thor is "beaten" by a version of the Hulk that is not his usual baseline version blinds you to all this I think it's a pity. I felt I was seeing an old school Marvel Comic in motion. About the only thing missing was Stan Lee doing the narration.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #108
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

I haven't seen it (just because I've hardly heard anyone speak positive about it) but I'd say that it's not so much Thor being beaten but how he's being beaten. If there's a Hulk that's beyond what he usually is, then Thor should be busting out more of his power than he usually does, rather than just accept getting beaten up.

There's nothing wrong with heroes getting beaten as long as they don't get beaten because of writers that can't handle them (i.e. making them look weak and stupid). Thor is beaten by Gorr the God Butcher several times in the comic arc that just ended, but it's never done so in a manner that makes Thor look weak. That's why the arc was absolutely awesome, as Thor was in over his head but still seemed like the powerhouse that he is every single issue.

Aaron can really write Thor and if he continues like this it could be my favorite Thor run. There's a lot of hacks that can't write him though and should just stick to writing heroes with power levels they can handle.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #109
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Yeah I agree, superheroes can still be shown as a powerhouse even when they're on the losing end of a fight.

Sadly.......this wasn't the case in HULK Vs.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #110
mwmillett
Side-Kick

It is well established that Thor is far more powerful than the Hulk, and when Thor is actuating his potential he easily dispatches Hulk. Thor has so many underutilized powers and abilities this is even stated on marvels own page. However we all must remember that media interpretations are not always Earth 616 thor. Earth 616 Thor has no rivals when at the height of his power, even King Thor kills the hulk and every other hero who challenges him before those events are reset in Thor 79 right before Thor disassembled starts, and then of course King Thor is not even his most powerful form, Rune Thor has limitless power putting him on the level of cosmic entities. Thor's powers are often understated because of just how powerful he is and how he would render every hero on his team obsolete because of how he just dwarfs them. Now thinks thors return, strazinski run, issue 4, Thor obliterates, Extremis Iron man, arguably the most powerful iron man incarnation, Thor crushed Iron man without even trying, when Thor isn't holding back, and written to his full extent, he wins, every time, this doesn't make for good stories though, so he has to lose sometimes.

mwmillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:08 AM   #111
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

I lost track of the comic book versions back in 1994, so I'll stick to the movie versions.

It all comes down to WHERE the fight takes place.

In close quarters, (e.g. the helicarrier, or underground, or indoors) wherever Thor can't access his full range of powers, the Hulk wins. If they fight toe-to-toe Hulk should crush Thor, because crushing puny gods is one of Hulk's specialties.

Outside, or where Thor can use his flight, lightning and other weather effects, then if he fights smart, he should defeat the Hulk. As long as Thor doesn't make it a straight-up contest of who's stronger, he's got a good chance.
A combination of lightning strikes, hurricane winds, tornadoes etc and multiple strikes from Mjolnir to keep the Hulk off balance, and the Hulk is in big trouble.

So there you have it. It all depends on who has the territorial advantage.

Peace out !

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #112
the great thor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmillett View Post
It is well established that Thor is far more powerful than the Hulk, and when Thor is actuating his potential he easily dispatches Hulk. Thor has so many underutilized powers and abilities this is even stated on marvels own page. However we all must remember that media interpretations are not always Earth 616 thor. Earth 616 Thor has no rivals when at the height of his power, even King Thor kills the hulk and every other hero who challenges him before those events are reset in Thor 79 right before Thor disassembled starts, and then of course King Thor is not even his most powerful form, Rune Thor has limitless power putting him on the level of cosmic entities. Thor's powers are often understated because of just how powerful he is and how he would render every hero on his team obsolete because of how he just dwarfs them. Now thinks thors return, strazinski run, issue 4, Thor obliterates, Extremis Iron man, arguably the most powerful iron man incarnation, Thor crushed Iron man without even trying, when Thor isn't holding back, and written to his full extent, he wins, every time, this doesn't make for good stories though, so he has to lose sometimes.
I totally agree with everything you said. I know many of the movie going fans go on about how hulk beat down thor but when you think about it, thor could have stop the hulk pretty quickly. For those who have seen the thor movie, you have to ask yourself why didnt thor simply put the hammer on hulks chest as he did with loki. It is movie canon fact that hulk cannot lift the hammer (and he was in a prime lifting position) so even the greatest hulk fans cant really argue this fact. When we consider that thor was just trying to stop hulk and not kill him, going the route that i have spoken of makes total sense. I will admit of course that in big budget action-packed film this wouldnt be looked on by fans as a great fight. The fact is that marvel and the fans wanted a real beat down balls to the walls throw down with thor and hulk, but from a comman sense perspective, thor could have ended that fight easy.

the great thor is offline   Reply With Quote