The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 05-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #476
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Default Re: Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
Loki has become more of an icon and more of a draw for his franchise it seems though. Probably because he has more of a roguish charm as he enjoys things he does, while Magneto has more gravitas and does more out of believed necessity.
Yes, he is enjoying what he does with a big smile on his face. And he has even some kind of humor. In the comics too. While Thor is a very serious character who doesn't like to play around at all. I guess this is one of the reasons I enjoy them both as contrary characters.

fear my name!"

I Show You Were The Hammer Hangs!
Lady_Sif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #477
godisawesome
Side-Kick

You should also consider that Loki's probably the best translated super villain of the entire Marvel Movie Universe. He's referred to by his name, dresses like the comicbook, has the grandiose plans and ostentation you expect, and he's got the key characteristics that have defined the character for decades. He's a better translation than any of Iron Man's villains and has more depth than Red Skull.

He's the exception to the one big advantage you can say the Bat films have over the Marvel ones; the Dark Knight Trilogy managed to justify and emphasize the theatricality and mythos of the villains, while the Marvel movies have succeeded mostly in making sure the villain's threat level remains the same, but tend to lack the interpretive flair you'd want them to keep, though this is mostly a flaw of the Iron Man films.

The Thor films probably have the easiest time making the heroes had villains feel mythic because of the whole aliens excuse.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #478
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
You should also consider that Loki's probably the best translated super villain of the entire Marvel Movie Universe. He's referred to by his name, dresses like the comicbook, has the grandiose plans and ostentation you expect, and he's got the key characteristics that have defined the character for decades. He's a better translation than any of Iron Man's villains and has more depth than Red Skull.

He's the exception to the one big advantage you can say the Bat films have over the Marvel ones; the Dark Knight Trilogy managed to justify and emphasize the theatricality and mythos of the villains, while the Marvel movies have succeeded mostly in making sure the villain's threat level remains the same, but tend to lack the interpretive flair you'd want them to keep, though this is mostly a flaw of the Iron Man films.

The Thor films probably have the easiest time making the heroes had villains feel mythic because of the whole aliens excuse.
I think the biggest thing with Thor and Loki is that I find them both to be interesting. So often you either get an interesting hero and a less interesting villain, or vice versa. In the Batman trilogy I only really cared for Batman in the first one (but Ra's al Ghul wasn't as interesting). In the other two I thought he was uninteresting compared to the main villains (the secondary villains were always wasted imo). The opposite with the Iron Man trilogy, where the villains don't match how good Tony Stark is.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #479
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Loki and Thor are half brothers and they can't be more different in characters and powers. I think that alone is a great base. And Brannagh established the family aspect of them very well. It's not only bad guy wants to conquer the world and fights the good guy. Here we have the tragedy. Loki feeling unloved and not belonging. Thor wants him back as a brother and friend. What I love about that is that Thor actually never gives up on his brother. Although Loki won't be the same again.

While the other heroes and villains don't have a strong emotional base of a past Thor and Loki share as brothers.

fear my name!"

I Show You Were The Hammer Hangs!
Lady_Sif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #480
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Just saw some positive buzz about the upcoming TTDW trailers. No spoilers, just a very enthusiastic endorsement from someone who seems to be a legit insider.

Not sure about posting links to tubmlr. (is a copy and paste okay??)

To play it safe, go to Eliza72's Tumblr homepage.

Aging Fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #481
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
Just saw some positive buzz about the upcoming TTDW trailers. No spoilers, just a very enthusiastic endorsement from someone who seems to be a legit insider.

Not sure about posting links to tubmlr. (is a copy and paste okay??)

To play it safe, go to Eliza72's Tumblr homepage.
You can link to Tumblr here or copy-and-paste if you want to.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #482
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Here goes:

http://thormovies.tumblr.com/post/52...-for-thor-2-by

Old 06-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #483
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

from the looks of there might be multiple trailers, kinda like MoS...
and late Aug to early Sept seems to be about the right time. I would be surprised if it comes out early...
maybe people at SDCC might catch it earlier

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #484
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Thanks! From the sound of it, a version of the trailer might even be ready for The Wolverine, which makes perfect sense from a marketing standpoint. It would be even better if they could ready it for showing with The Lone Ranger (another Disney film) or Pacific Rim since those films hit the same demographic. Whenever Marvel releases the trailer, it can't come soon enough.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #485
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Thanks! From the sound of it, a version of the trailer might even be ready for The Wolverine, which makes perfect sense from a marketing standpoint. It would be even better if they could ready it for showing with The Lone Ranger (another Disney film) or Pacific Rim since those films hit the same demographic. Whenever Marvel releases the trailer, it can't come soon enough.
that seems a bit early for a movie that comes out on November...

Old 06-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #486
T"Challa
Side-Kick

I'm expecting some footage to be shown at Comicon

T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #487
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
You're welcome! (props to Eliza72)

It'll be a tough slog till August - although I did see this same person drop a little hint in answer to another person's request for more info:

Quote:
Anonymous asked: please, do you have an exact date for the trailer/s? Q.Q

I don’t sorry not yet anyway! But no doubt someone will leak it on YouTube soon as a lot of small house cinemas like ours have been sent tester trailers and asked not to show it until August!
The trick is to swoop in and get a peek before Marvel censors pull the plug. We're such an impatient lot.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #488
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're welcome! (props to Eliza72)

It'll be a tough slog till August - although I did see this same person drop a little hint in answer to another person's request for more info:

The trick is to swoop in and get a peek before Marvel censors pull the plug. We're such an impatient lot.
I am sure SDCC will keep us busy but we do have to get through June with no Thor TDW stuff...

Old 06-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #489
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
I am sure SDCC will keep us busy but we do have to get through June with no Thor TDW stuff...
June already felt long. Just got longer.

To those of you lucky enough to be heading to SDCC next month, we expect to be properly spoiled when you get back.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #490
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
If the next Thor:TDW trailer is released as early as The Wolverine I'm gonna be ESTATIC.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #491
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
I'm expecting some footage to be shown at Comicon
I hope so, it is the year of the red cape you know lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #492
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
If the next Thor:TDW trailer is released as early as The Wolverine I'm gonna be ESTATIC.
I really kinda doubt this. I think there will definitely be something at SDCC, new posters and maybe some footage (first 10 min or something), but I don't think there is another full trailer until September. The way to go would be to debut the second trailer with the premier of Agents of SHIELD.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #493
warriorking
Side-Kick

Lets hope they treat TTDW better than MOS hype wise, I have seen so many product commercials that are using MOS shots its quite embarrassing at times...

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #494
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
Lets hope they treat TTDW better than MOS hype wise, I have seen so many product commercials that are using MOS shots its quite embarrassing at times...
i didn't get hyped for MoS until the last few trailers, which i hope did not spoil the movie (gonna watch it tmw). I really hope the trailers bring the action and excitement but it is really hard to get hype without adding a few moneyshots.
Trailers these days spoil the entire movie and i hope TTDW doesn't got that road with the next trailers.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #495
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
lol Did you see that Leno clip of Supes attacking Zod in Smallville and they go through a 7-11 gas station like Destroyer destroyed a 7-11 gas station in Thor? Makes me wonder if those stores were going out of business and needed to be leveled? lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #496
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
that seems a bit early for a movie that comes out on November...
It's not early at all. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug comes out in mid-December and WB just released a teaser for it. The teaser for TDW came out two months ago and it seems reasonable for the first full trailer to hit in late July or August. Given that the summer blockbusters are the best films to attach it to for maximum impact, I think Marvel might be aiming to release it then. SDCC is also coming up in July and a new trailer would really make a splash there.

Of course there might not be another trailer for a while, but Fall will be upon us sooner than it seems and opportunities for marketing need to be exploited.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #497
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I'd like to hear more about this supposed new trailer coming.

I think there is going to be a lot more going on in this movie than what the trailers show.

I feel very confident Surtur has a role in the movie, hell, I am willing to bet we even get his name mentioned

Old 06-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #498
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I'd like to hear more about this supposed new trailer coming.

I think there is going to be a lot more going on in this movie than what the trailers show.

I feel very confident Surtur has a role in the movie, hell, I am willing to bet we even get his name mentioned
There's only been one trailer and it was just a teaser.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #499
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I posted this over in the News & Spec thread, but it belongs here too.

A member of the BO forums says that a new Thor trailer will be attached to The Lone Ranger, which comes out July 5th. It will probably be released online earlier that week, so maybe on Tuesday the 2nd. So yay, we have that to look forward to!

Old 06-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #500
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
There's only been one trailer and it was just a teaser.
i know lol

Quote:
I posted this over in the News & Spec thread, but it belongs here too.

A member of the BO forums says that a new Thor trailer will be attached to The Lone Ranger, which comes out July 5th. It will probably be released online earlier that week, so maybe on Tuesday the 2nd. So yay, we have that to look forward to!
was this person legit? If so, that's great news!