The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 06-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #226
JackWhite
Third Man

Default Re: Stuff you like to believe happened in Nolan's series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monicabbm View Post
For this reason I think he should have cut one or two characters of the film.
He could have cut John Blake and developed Talia.

I like to think that John Blake is not important, he didn't become Batman. For me, the film ends in the cafe scene.

I also see Bruce bored with married life.
I think you are the only person who feels that way, besides myself. Most would rather cut Talia out, but I found her a lot more compelling and that was just the one scene when she is revealed, lol.

I don't hate on Blake anymore, but I truly feel that he should have been written out, and the rest of his arc, besides becoming Batman 2.0, could have filtered down to Gordon. And with that you open up a lot more room for Talia to shine.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #227
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I have to admit, it would have been cool to see Gordon be the guy chalking the bat symbols.

Same time, Blake and Talia kind of go hand in hand for me as they're the two "legacy" characters in the film.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #228
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You know, after giving it some thought...I could be mistaken to an extent when I said Bane didn't want to make a name for himself because of Talia. To continue the idea of theatricality and deception, what if Bane did set out to make a name for himself while forming a partnership with Talia? The only example we have before anything is shown in TDKR is Bane securing a mining operation for John Daggett. SO, we have Talia finding out about Bruce Wayne/Batman "murdering" her father, finds Bane and helps him form a group of mercenaries to make a name for himself so even the CIA is aware of this masked man while making some alliance with Daggett that will only help them in the long run.

And I really blame JackWhite for making me think about this all last night

But, now aside from that...you know what I would love to see in the ultimate collection for the trilogy later this year? Some kind of featurette of a Gotham news station retelling events of the siege and after, such as the search for Bruce Wayne's body continues, a sub committee looking over Gordon's position as Commissioner, Lucius Fox back as CEO of Wayne Enterprises and then breaking news of a similar figure to Batman but wearing a suit with "more blue"
Any positive discussion about TDKR should be welcomed, especially by you, Anno.

the ultimate collector's edition better have something good. Another Gotham Tonight featurette would certainly be welcomed by me.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #229
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I have to admit, it would have been cool to see Gordon be the guy chalking the bat symbols.

Same time, Blake and Talia kind of go hand in hand for me as they're the two "legacy" characters in the film.
Yeah, they could have easily had both Blake and Gordon doing the chalk symbols.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #230
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
The way TDKR portrayed him, it seemed like Gordon tried to handle things himself. He tried to continue when Batman left him, and then tries to continue when Batman leaves again(this time due to Bane). I would've preferred to see how Gordon really feels about both times of Batman leaving, especially the second time during the siege. Sadly, it was only Blake that tried to keep hope out there that Batman would return and would come back, even if he necessarily didn't believe it(as he mentioned to Captain Jones).

Quote:
Good point, but I also never had a huge problem with both characters. Imo, Talia could have had more time, but I wouldn't want too much because I think her character should be mysterious until we find out that Miranda is Talia al Ghul. If anything, she should have had more time after the reveal. And with Blake, him going through his own journey with his views on guns, his change of stance towards the law/system and then finally being a hero himself and gaining the entrance to the Batcave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Any positive discussion about TDKR should be welcomed, especially by you, Anno.
Well yes, positive discussion is always welcome, but I tried to get my mind on other things last night(such as when I was watching Prometheus again), but I kept thinking about the Bane/Talia discussion from earlier, lol.

Quote:
the ultimate collector's edition better have something good. Another Gotham Tonight featurette would certainly be welcomed by me.

It would be very special as a extra ending to TDKTrilogy just as how LOST had a special video ending in the form of all the secrets of Dharma being revealed.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #231
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
For this reason I think he should have cut one or two characters of the film.
He could have cut John Blake and developed Talia.

I like to think that John Blake is not important, he didn't become Batman. For me, the film ends in the cafe scene.

Quote:
I think you are the only person who feels that way, besides myself. Most would rather cut Talia out, but I found her a lot more compelling and that was just the one scene when she is revealed, lol.

I don't hate on Blake anymore, but I truly feel that he should have been written out, and the rest of his arc, besides becoming Batman 2.0, could have filtered down to Gordon. And with that you open up a lot more room for Talia to shine.
Hey, me too!

Quote:
I also see Bruce bored with married life.
In my head, Bruce and Selina are both too talented, too awesome, and too full of energy to live a "normal" life so they will create their own version of "normal" which is waaaayyyy different than what a real "normal" is.

Last edited by kvz5; 06-09-2013 at 07:18 PM.
kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #232
JackWhite
Third Man

Haha, well that's a total of three of us then, kvz5.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #233
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
In my head, Bruce and Selina are both too talented, too awesome, and too full of energy to live a "normal" life so they will create their own version of "normal" which is waaaayyyy different than what a real "normal" is.
Would it be too "out there" to propose the idea that Nolan's Batman could indeed be part of WB's expanded DC universe where Bruce's Batman was the first ever hero(and that's why there was no mention of any other hero) and Darkseid makes his presence by killing Robin John Blake's Batman and a bored, out of his mind Bruce decides to return as Batman, but not solely because of guilt over Blake's death but because he's tired of a normal life? With that idea, I would hope Selina has become used to her new life, and I'd want her to be a mother to a girl named Helena as well, so that's something Bruce can return back to, but for now, he is Batman for the time being as well as joining the Justice League.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #234
JackWhite
Third Man

I'm not gonna lie, if we could see Bale return as Batman in at least a WF film, alongside Cavill as Supes, I'd lose it. Continuity be damned.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #235
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Would it be too "out there" to propose the idea that Nolan's Batman could indeed be part of WB's expanded DC universe where Bruce's Batman was the first ever hero(and that's why there was no mention of any other hero) and Darkseid makes his presence by killing Robin John Blake's Batman and a bored, out of his mind Bruce decides to return as Batman, but not solely because of guilt over Blake's death but because he's tired of a normal life? With that idea, I would hope Selina has become used to her new life, and I'd want her to be a mother to a girl named Helena as well, so that's something Bruce can return back to, but for now, he is Batman for the time being as well as joining the Justice League.
That's definitely the approach that I can think of IF they want to integrate Nolan/Bale's Batman in JL or WF. Although I think I will like it more if Selina is not fully domesticated. I just can't see her that way. Maaayyybe, she doesn't want to join in because she's over it and being a hero is a one time thing for her but of course she'll end up helping out (maybe to steal something from LexCorp) or something like that. I don't know...

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #236
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I'm not gonna lie, if we could see Bale return as Batman in at least a WF film, alongside Cavill as Supes, I'd lose it. Continuity be damned.
If Batman received his trilogy and Superman received his trilogy with no expanded universe being connected to either of them, I would be totally fine with a World's Finest film of Bats and Supes with no continuity whatsoever, as that's something I would always be fine with in a WF film, but if both would be connected in an expanded universe, then it's appropriate to have continuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
That's definitely the approach that I can think of IF they want to integrate Nolan/Bale's Batman in JL or WF. Although I think I will like it more if Selina is not fully domesticated. I just can't see her that way. Maaayyybe, she doesn't want to join in because she's over it and being a hero is a one time thing for her but of course she'll end up helping out (maybe to steal something from LexCorp) or something like that. I don't know...
Agree that that would be the best way to go about it if they integrate the two and keep in continuity(plus, I think there should be more than one thing as to why Bruce takes on the cape and cowl once more...being bored of a normal life even when he thought it would be for the best, and then after the man who took the mantle of The Batman having died in battle), but the reason I think Selina should be the more domesticated one is that she was a thief for so long and only became a hero for like a day. With that, I think Selina could definitely be the one to ease into a comfortable mold, especially if she becomes a mother, but that's just me, lol.

As well as, I think this would be a nice idea storytelling wise of Bruce Wayne having two different paths now because he has a life outside of Batman, but he's bored of the normal life as well as wanting to get vengeance over Blake's death. It's the next evolutionary step of a man who tried to move on. If this were to happen, I don't think there should even be another Batman film, at least for a while until WB reboots their DC expanded universe(as I'm sure Marvel Studios will do one day as well). Nolan's trilogy is complete, so move on to the next phase of Blake's Batman being killed and Bruce returns back to the game in dealing with Darkseid and then has a choice to stay with the JL or go back to Selina. And then for a Justice League 2, Joker could make his return in a fashioned way where Batman returns again(as there needs to be something important for Bruce to come back as Batman again).

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 06-09-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #237
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Yeah, it'd be pretty easy to write Bale's Batman back into a DCU continuity. The only thing really preventing it from happening at this point is Nolan wanting his story to be left alone. We already know Bale would return if Nolan came to him with another story and I'm sure Snyder would relish the privilege of using such an iconic and revered version of the character. Goyer I'm not 100% sure about, but I could see him being into it too if he had the go-ahead from Nolan.

And seeing as it's being reported that (potential Man of Steel spoiler) the Wayne Enterprises logo shown in Man of Steel is in fact the Nolanverse one, they've already planted a seed in the off-chance that Nolan does change his mind down the road.

I'm not expecting it to happen, and I've heard and understand all the reasons why it's most likely a bad idea. But if that was the direction everyone wanted to move in and they were committed to it, it could be done well and it would be gargantuan.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #238
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Goyer would easily get himself into the picture knowing he'll be working on something magnificent again that'll stray his name further away from "hits" like Blade: Trinity

BUT....that spoiler you're talking about, Snyder already mentioned it as just a nod/tip of the hat to Nolan. Although, it could be an actual reference if Nolan's Batman is part of the expanded universe.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #239
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Goyer would easily get himself into the picture knowing he'll be working on something magnificent again that'll stray his name further away from "hits" like Blade: Trinity
HA, too true. Very solid point you have there.

Quote:
BUT....that spoiler you're talking about, Snyder already mentioned it as just a nod/tip of the hat to Nolan. Although, it could be an actual reference if Nolan's Batman is part of the expanded universe.
Yup, and that's probably all it is for now. Just how funny how convenient that would be for them if at some point things change, ya know?

Old 06-11-2013, 01:58 AM   #240
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Well, look at that...Goyer was mentioned as supposedly signing a three-picture deal for the first Man of Steel film, its sequel and a Justice League film. Hahaha, I guess I'm right in the guy trying to make more good than bad films as of late

Old 06-11-2013, 02:15 AM   #241
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

He signed for a JL film? Aww. I have to say, I'm really disappointed. I kinda hope it falls through. I don't want to see another cinematic universe.

Snow Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #242
shauner111
Side-Kick

So you just want solo films? I find that boring personally. Maybe if they just did a MOS trilogy then linked it to Batman (Bale or other) then that would be cool. But never wanting a Justice League movie is just not a realistic request. It's inevitable and it should happen at some point.

The next 10 years is the time to do it. Comic book movies are probably going into obscurity at some point in the mid 2020's. At the rate they're pushing them out now each year (Marvel and DC), ideas will run out. People will get sick of the genre and it will go on hiatus.

Now is the time for any studio to do JL. Warner Brothers are just that lucky studio. And they need to do it right. Goyer & Snyder is the perfect step.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #243
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
So you just want solo films? I find that boring personally. Maybe if they just did a MOS trilogy then linked it to Batman (Bale or other) then that would be cool. But never wanting a Justice League movie is just not a realistic request. It's inevitable and it should happen at some point.

The next 10 years is the time to do it. Comic book movies are probably going into obscurity at some point in the mid 2020's. At the rate they're pushing them out now each year (Marvel and DC), ideas will run out. People will get sick of the genre and it will go on hiatus.

Now is the time for any studio to do JL. Warner Brothers are just that lucky studio. And they need to do it right. Goyer & Snyder is the perfect step.
And personally, I find the prospect of an ongoing expanded universe boring. If they decided to make an expanded universe with a beginning, middle and end, I'd probably really enjoy it. If they decided that 10 (or however many, just not too long) years of their CBMs would be one universe, I'd enjoy that. But my problem stems from the fact that I doubt they'd do that. We all know they'd milk it until the well dried up.

My problem with it is being tied to one version of a character and their villains. In particular (since I'm most familiar with him), Batman. Having a gothic Batman in one era, a more grounded Batman in another and so on and so forth works best in my opinion. You can have different and unique interpretations of each character instead of having just one version. An expanded universe would limit what you can do with the character. You can't do a rough adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns, for example, because that would affect every other franchise.

As I said, if they use an expanded universe for a decade or so, alright. That gives us new interpretations of the characters and differentiates it from what has come before. It gives us a new Batman and a new Superman and a new Green Lantern (presumably) and characters who haven't shown up yet like Wonder Woman, Flash and maybe Aquaman. That'd be great. Run that series from like 2015/2016 to 2025/2026 or so. This could work really well. It shows the audience that characters like Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Flash can be awesome and they would be more open to seeing these reinterpretations after this series ended.

Snow Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #244
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I'm not necessarily too hyped for a Justice League film either.

My first choice would be a World's Finest film, then Trinity with Wonder Woman...and as someone who's not a huge fan of any of the Flash or Green Lantern versions or Aquaman...I just never cared about a JL film or an expanded universe that leads to Justice League(although I have given an example of how I'd do an expanded universe...but that's mostly leading into a Trinity film with just the additional Martian Manhunter and Barry Allen and Jon Stewart are only introduced in Phase 2). At least with Avengers, I LOVE Captain America, Iron Man and Hulk.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #245
shauner111
Side-Kick

I dig Barry's Flash quite a bit. Wonder Woman's great when done right. Sometimes I like Hal, sometimes I can care less. I feel the same about John Stewart. Aquaman I don't care about but he'll be needed as a character if say Darkseid wants to control or destroy every area on earth. Martian Manhunter is cool but I would limit him.

So yeah, I love the idea of a Justice League quite a bit. Especially since Snyder/Goyer are doing it.

Im not a fan of the Avengers or their characters at all so DC/JL will always be "my" team.

There's no need for a Trinity along with a World's Finest and Justice League. That's overkill. It's like Marvel did an Iron Man/Hulk movie then a film with those 2 + Captain America before getting to Avengers. It kills the momentum and the "wow" factor of seeing them all team up for the first time. Im a HUGE fan of a World's Finest idea but not Trinity.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #246
Anno_Domini
Banned User

No, no, no, I'm not saying I'd do Justice League if I could do World's Finest and Trinity instead. I'd do a WF and then Trinity. But since there will be a Justice League...I doubt we're even going to see a WF.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #247
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

If the reboot comes as soon as I hope, there's nothing else I hope happened in the series other than the three films, and events inferred/explained.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #248
bilbo baggins
Side-Kick

guys and gals as much as i would like to see bales batman continue after the tdkr the truth is he really couldnt. i mean his body is just wrecked, he is in presumably his early 40s. i mean he wouldnt be anywhere close to where he needs to be for a wf or jl. he would just be a shell of his former self.

bilbo baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #249
Anno_Domini
Banned User

But he really isn't, though. He chose at the end of TDKR to pass the mantle, but truth is, Bruce could have still continued as Batman. He was in the best shape he's been in for a while, he has the leg brace that, imo, he still had on when he returned to Gotham from the Pit and he defeated his most physical challenge yet.

Now, that being said, we definitely need to see the more "Batgod" Batman of the comics in dealing with aliens and being within a group such as the Justice League and Nolan's Batman was never that. A "Batgod" Batman would need to be one step ahead of his villains. A "Batgod" Batman would need to be able to develop a cure himself for Scarecrow's poison. A "Batgod" Batman would be doing research on a mysterious Joker character even when he doesn't have much evidence WHILE he's dealing with the mob. A "Batgod" Batman would do a background search of any of his employees to find out he or she is a member of a terrorist organization. And a "Batgod" Batman would deal with things himself and wouldn't need the help that he received from Lucius and Alfred so many times in Nolan's trilogy. Nolan wanted to present a hero that in a sense where it "takes a village" to build, but we should get a Batman that can handle things himself even if they bring in characters like Robin or Batgirl.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #250
Chrisbarnes182
Side-Kick

I wish the reveal scene went like this

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Chrisbarnes182 is offline   Reply With Quote