The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #51
jthom19802
Side-Kick
 
jthom19802's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 716
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

I watched the Nokia trailer. I didn't realize it would be THAT much new footage. I'm pumped I saw it, but disappointed I gave in.

As for this thread and the other non-spoiler one, I too have found it much easier to avoid the main ones; even if these two are slow as heck, it keeps me out of the discussion thread and that is a very good thing because I still have a week to go!

jthom19802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #52
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,942
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fortress View Post
Lol, which trailers have you watched?
I have only been able to avoid the Nokia trailer. But I read viewers "insane" comments. I am dodging it and the last 4 tv spots like the plague. lol. Oh and of course, absolutely none of the clips.

I only watched a little bit of the 13 min featurette thus my avi.

The first two theatrical trailers I've seen in theaters before every movie I've seen since they went public so I couldn't avoid those.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #53
KenK
Side-Kick
 
KenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The Tenth Circle of Hell(aka Oxon Hill, MD)
Posts: 10,521
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Check the sig for my site's review. I had to skip the screening because of class, but thankfully, one of my writers was there and wrote a pretty awesome review.

KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #54
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,273
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Again... isn't it a bit of a spoilery review for this thread?

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #55
KenK
Side-Kick
 
KenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The Tenth Circle of Hell(aka Oxon Hill, MD)
Posts: 10,521
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

I honestly don't think so. Anything that comes off spoilery, I honestly feel has been spoiled in the footage we've seen thus far.

KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:07 AM   #56
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,347
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


JeremyJahns has a no spoiler review of Man of Steel

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #57
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,906
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthom19802 View Post
I watched the Nokia trailer. I didn't realize it would be THAT much new footage. I'm pumped I saw it, but disappointed I gave in.

As for this thread and the other non-spoiler one, I too have found it much easier to avoid the main ones; even if these two are slow as heck, it keeps me out of the discussion thread and that is a very good thing because I still have a week to go!
I caved and watched the Superman vs Zod clip. It only went for a a minute and twenty seconds, and it was awesome, but I really, really wish I'd saved it for the theatre.

And I saw a gif of Superman in the skulls, and a big wide shot cap of the same scene... I really wish I hadn't.

But, I've not watched any tv spots or the Nokia trailer.

__________________
I NEVER WANTED YOU TO COME BACK TO GOTHAM.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #58
Dr. Fortress
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern tip where two oceans meet.
Posts: 155
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
I caved and watched the Superman vs Zod clip. It only went for a a minute and twenty seconds, and it was awesome, but I really, really wish I'd saved it for the theatre.

And I saw a gif of Superman in the skulls, and a big wide shot cap of the same scene... I really wish I hadn't.

But, I've not watched any tv spots or the Nokia trailer.
I've heard the clip is insane! Not going anywhere near the those clips. I've seen enough. Also, I've stopped watching the trailers. That Nokia trailer is some jaw dropping material!

I have to wait another 2 weeks for this .

Dr. Fortress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #59
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.
 
The_Raganork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 13,040
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

I just want to say that the majority of the negative reviews are boiling down to this not being a Donner film and Superman not being Christopher Reeve. I wouldn't be too concerned

__________________
Soundcloud.com/The-Qualia-Criterion
The_Raganork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #60
eXperiment
...gone wrong.
 
eXperiment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 7,317
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raganork View Post
I just want to say that the majority of the negative reviews are boiling down to this not being a Donner film and Superman not being Christopher Reeve. I wouldn't be too concerned
Although true, my nerves are still shooting in rapid succession.

eXperiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #61
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick
 
DIRECTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere?
Posts: 8,168
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Again... isn't it a bit of a spoilery review for this thread?
geezzz your avatar is a spoiler

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #62
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick
 
DIRECTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere?
Posts: 8,168
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

i saw Tv Spot 1 - 12, and watched all trailers except for the Nokia Trailer.......... well except for the last few seconds hehe.

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #63
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick
 
DIRECTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere?
Posts: 8,168
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


JeremyJahns has a no spoiler review of Man of Steel
cant' wait for reviews from

ChrisStuckMann (before the movie is possible)
JeremyJahns (before the movie)
WhattheFlick (AFTER the movie)
BeyondTheTrailer (After the movie, love the audience reactions)

these four better love the shout outs im giving them.

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #64
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick
 
dru-zod2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 752
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


JeremyJahns has a no spoiler review of Man of Steel
I'm actually quite sad he didn't give this an "AWESOMETACULAR" but he gave it to Into Darkness. WHAAA????? My kneejerk reaction before viewing is to strongly disagree. If this movie isn't as good as STID there's something majorly wrong here. Good thing I'm drinking currently, otherwise I'd be much more upset.


Last edited by dru-zod2501; 06-12-2013 at 12:28 AM.
dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #65
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,347
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru-zod2501 View Post
I'm actually quite sad he didn't give this an "AWESOMETACULAR" but he gave it to Into Darkness. WHAAA????? My kneejerk reaction before viewing is to strongly disagree. If this movie isn't as good as STID there's something majorly wrong here. Good thing I'm drinking currently, otherwise I'd be much more upset.
I don't think he strikes me as much as a Superman fan or big on the comics/other forms of media compared to how he is with the Marvel stuff. Sure he's watched Smallville, but I don't think it's up there among his favorites.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #66
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick
 
MarvelKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,583
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

I just got back from Man of Steel. The only word that comes to mind is.. Epic. Henry Cavill nailed it imo

__________________
"Well, I guess the laws of physics cease to exist on top of your stove!"
MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #67
Dr. Fortress
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern tip where two oceans meet.
Posts: 155
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Anybody who has watched the film please could you give me a short review, spoiler free, of course.

Dr. Fortress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #68
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,910
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Early reviews haven't been very positive, with the exception of ign

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #69
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,347
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

It seems like as the days progress, the tide is turning, and hopefully the critics would catch on to what audiences saw and we might see more positive reviews?

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #70
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

South African citizen here, movie only releases on the 28th here

Staying away from my TV and most sites to avoid anything being spoiled. I accidentally read some spoilers for TDKR on a Facebook status and it seriously influenced my first viewing. I'm really glad to see the positive fan response, I think in the case of a comic book movie impressing life long fans is far more important than satisfying career critics and their arbitrary criteria. Really stoked to see this!

DeadPresident is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #71
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,910
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
South African citizen here, movie only releases on the 28th here

Staying away from my TV and most sites to avoid anything being spoiled. I accidentally read some spoilers for TDKR on a Facebook status and it seriously influenced my first viewing. I'm really glad to see the positive fan response, I think in the case of a comic book movie impressing life long fans is far more important than satisfying career critics and their arbitrary criteria. Really stoked to see this!
It only premieres around that time here too, but lol. You talk as if critics have this predetermined judgement and don't accept anything new, if anything the criticism i've heard was mainly geared towards the amount of clichés and too much action.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #72
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
It only premieres around that time here too, but lol. You talk as if critics have this predetermined judgement and don't accept anything new, if anything the criticism i've heard was mainly geared towards the amount of clichés and too much action.
Not to sound confrontational, but it didn't bother critics when another comic book movie 'suffered' from those same symptoms. The consensus seems as though MOS should not only be a brilliant movie in its own right, but has to atone for the previously disappointing Superman movies.

But hey, maybe that's just me. I just find it odd that what MOS gets criticised for several other movies have been exalted for. I'm just stoked for a decent rendition of a Superman story. Enjoy.

DeadPresident is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #73
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,910
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Not to sound confrontational, but it didn't bother critics when another comic book movie 'suffered' from those same symptoms. The consensus seems as though MOS should not only be a brilliant movie in its own right, but has to atone for the previously disappointing Superman movies.

But hey, maybe that's just me. I just find it odd that what MOS gets criticised for several other movies have been exalted for. I'm just stoked for a decent rendition of a Superman story. Enjoy.
I think that has to do with how certain elements were presented in the movie, in something like Sam Raimi's film over the top can work because that's his tone and anything can happen while in a "grittier" and more "realistic" setting that will not work.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #74
iamhewho
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

i enjoyed best superman yet and look forward to the oncoming saga

you can now buy the figures at http://supermanmanofsteel.co.uk/

iamhewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #75
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: Non-Spoiler Review thread

I give it an 8/10. I feel like it had some strong characters, an interesting plot, and good action. Certain characters feel lacking, and Metropolis isn't fleshed out at all. It isn't like Batman Begins in how the story's constructed. It's more like Spider-Man 1 meets The Avengers, if that makes any sense at all.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.