The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #626
Melapi
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
I hate to say this, but Rogue isn't even part of the original DOFP comics storyline.
Has movie Rogue story anything to do with comic Rogue story? After X1, X2 and X3 now she was to be like in comics... that's not going to happen. Plus in movies Rogue is a mix of Rogue in terms of powers and Kitty in terms of her relationship with Wolverine.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #627
Krak66
Side-Kick

They cannot give Rogue super strength and flight ability without explanation. They cannot use story arc how Rogue got these abilities from original comics (Ms. Marvel character rights issue).

So we can only see Rogue absorbing powers and fight with Sentinels, but it's another problem: whom powers she will absorb? In the future I think would be only one enemy - Sentinels, no Brotherhood. I don't think she would absorb powers of teammates.

Quote:
Did you ever see Rogue getting her superhuman strength/ flight in "X Men: Evolution" or "Wolverine and the X-Men" ?? No.
Actually, in Evolution we can see how Rogue flies. In the last episode of 4th season - Professor's visions of future after being one of horsemen of Apocalypse.

Last edited by Krak66; 06-12-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #628
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
They cannot give Rogue super strength and flight ability without explanation. They cannot use story arc how Rogue got these abilities from original comics (Ms. Marvel character rights issue).

So we can only see Rogue absorbing powers and fight with Sentinels, but it's another problem: whom powers she will be absorb? In the future I think would be only one enemy - Sentinels, no Brotherhood. I don't think she would be absorb powers of teammates.
the powers could be a side effect of the cure or maybe rogue could possibly take warpaths powers, maybe just before he dies as it sounds like he has pretty much them sorta powers

but at the same time maybe singer won't go the flying/strength rogue route at all, alot of people have assumed singer will but there isn't really any evidence to suggest it

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-12-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #629
Angamb
Banned User

One thing is for sure, in the movie universe, if Rogue IS a X-woman, and the x-men train together.... on danger room or anywhere.... Rogue needs to use her mates powers from time to time, even if its just one x-man, or two.

So.... I see no solid reason why her mates wont let her use their power on battle, specially against sentinels.

If they want her to survive, they will share their power, at least once.

This is a realistic approach. I will find really ilogic that Rogue only use the power of the new mutants, instead of one or two from her OWN team mates, who have been part of her life since many years ago.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #630
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
She looks too skinny
Its definitely not her best look. But I think its mostly about the hair and the lighting.

Quote:
So we can only see Rogue absorbing powers and fight with Sentinels, but it's another problem: whom powers she will absorb? In the future I think would be only one enemy - Sentinels, no Brotherhood. I don't think she would absorb powers of teammates.
Who knows if she borrows the mutant powers of Warpath.

Colossus definitely didn't have a problem sharing his power to Rogue in X3.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #631
brazilian_boy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

Colossus definitely didn't have a problem sharing his power to Rogue in X3.
This! She borrowed his powers and he didn't get weak or anything, so she was really controling her powers. They could do the same, she finaly has good control of her powers and she can borrow powers without weakining or injuring the others...

Old 06-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #632
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

As long as she doesn't touch them for a long time, like more than a minute, her teammates would just be fine.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 06-13-2013, 04:12 AM   #633
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
why is that odd? Rogue doesn't have those powers in the comics anymore and the cartoons are usually based, however loosely, on the latest comics.
Rogue did have the strength though for a majority of her time as an X-Men though and currently in X-Men she does have the strength,flight,etc borrowed from Northstar.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #634
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

my understanding is that when rogue takes the powers of another mutant they lose the power, now you would need good selected times for rogue to take another mutants powers

the closest way i think rogue could get strength and flying powers is from Warpath, maybe he is killed and she takes his powers just before he dies and we see her use the powers, but it would be temporary seeing as once the timeline changes it would never have happened

Old 06-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #635
Angamb
Banned User

the supposed Anna Paquin, on her private facebook page, has posted today that she start filming on August.

as a shh user told me, there was a polemic some time ago regarding a fake Anna site, and that person ended deleting those accounts. And now there's two new profiles.

whatever

Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #636
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Showbiz411: What’s up next for you?
Anna: Just being a mom.
http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/06/12...medium=twitter

I think this sounds awfully bad. I hope she's just talking about her most imminent future, aka july, and goes back filming in August.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #637
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/06/12...medium=twitter

I think this sounds awfully bad. I hope she's just talking about her most imminent future, aka july, and goes back filming in August.
i don't think thats the case

i'm slightly confused with what people are expecting in august

Old 06-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #638
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That comment hints Anna filmed her role in the 5 or 6 days she was on set.

Michael fassbender has already strongly suggested filming wraps In mid to late August.

They filmed the future part of film In first month of production before first class actors
got to set with exception of finishing up green screen work with actors that had free
schedule like Daniel Cudmore,Booboo Stewart.

This says Wolverine Is time traveler.Hugh Jackman Is only OT actor who has continued
to work after the first Class actors have started.There may be times when Hugh Is away from montreal but he keeps his wolverine facial hair.And Hugh doesn't complete his work
till sometime In August which Is when Michael fassbender says filming wraps

The story involves time travel.And It Is guranteed to be Wolverine.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #639
JP
Smelly

Like I keep saying, Anna (and Halle) are done filming. They may be back for reshoots, nothing more.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #640
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The story involves time travel.And It Is guranteed to be Wolverine.
still could be 70s wolverine though, mind swap or possibly something altogether that brings wolverine into the fold, i personally don't think wolverine would care enough to change into 70s clothing after time travelin, i can't see any big reason for it

this won't be exactly like the comic version, infact in an interview with singer for jack the giant slayer he does mention what i think is his approach to movies and thats take a source material idea and do your own thing with it

he said he combined jack and the beanstalk and jack the giant killer into one story so ended up mix of both

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-13-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #641
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

JP Is 100 percent correct.barring reshoots the OT actors apart from Hugh are done.

Days of future Past was never going to be direct version of comics.Remember the comic was based In present and future.Here It Is peroid past and future.

The time travel will likely be close to comic version except It will have Wolverine In place of Kitty.Thus Wolverine ww will see In 1973 part of DOFP will be Wolverine of that time
peroid with mind of future wolverine.That also means we will likely have bone clawed
Wolverine In 1973.

Just like target of assassinationw ent from Kelly In comic to likely Trask In film version
Inless Nixon Is target but my money would be on Trask with Peter dinklage called main
anatargist of film.

X2 took some of core elements of God Loves Man Kill but made It work for film and for followup to X-Men.I expect the same here.Taking some core elements of DOFP but making them work for film series.

What do I mean by core elements of DOFp.Future with Sentinles hunting down mutants,desperate time travel plot to try prevent future,time traveler warning past version of X-Men about fuutre,Brotherhood plot an assassination,and X-Men VS
Brotherhood to prevent assassination.

As for rogue hopefully during Anna's time on set some interaction between her and Hugh
were filmed.Well undoudtbly some of her role Is Rogue with Iceman I hope that's not all her one on one screentime.Rogue might be one of first on screen casalties of the sentinles.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #642
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

You don't know if it will be actually wolverine time traveling or not, wolverine looks the same in the 70s as he does the future, you can't throw any idea aside

Either way wolverine appears in the 70s in some form or another

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-13-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #643
DOFP
Side-Kick

Okay, with that interview seems like she is done. Now I have to accept that wolverine is the only time traveler, shame. Still looking for next year summer's blockbuster!

Old 06-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #644
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post
Okay, with that interview seems like she is done. Now I have to accept that wolverine is the only time traveler, shame. Still looking for next year summer's blockbuster!
On the face of it, I don't like Wolverine as the time traveller. He was already around in the 70s so he won't experience any culture shock, and it seems like more domination from this already over-exposed character.

Of course, the film may make it all work beautifully, but I don't like the idea of him dominating the movie when he is just about to have an entire movie of his own.

We shall see.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #645
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

ironically i remember after FC was released someone in an interview with Singer asked if wolverine could ever appear in the FC sequel in a big way and singer said yeah its very possible

and look... Ta Da!

sadly wolverine is one of these characters that automatically will get a mention in an interview even if they have no idea who he is, its just the obvious question for the stand out character

Old 06-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #646
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
You don't know if it will be actually wolverine time traveling or not, wolverine looks the same in the 70s as he does the future, you can't throw any idea aside

Either way wolverine appears in the 70s in some form or another
Yeah we know Wolverine Is the time traveler.

1:Time travel Is a core part of storyline.
2:In comments he made while promating Jack the Ginat Slayer Bryan Singer
made which hinted at mindswap similar to COmic
3:Hugh Jackman Is filming till August where film may wrap barring reshoots according to comments from Michael Fassbender
4:The correcting things comments from Bryan says changes will come because of actions of time traveler.That Is obviously Wolverine
5:To have no time travel and have 1973 Wolverine on his own encountering
Xavier and Beast would be another countunity error.

Without any time travel the 1973 scenes would be presented as pure prequel
to Trilogy.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #647
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Yeah we know Wolverine Is the time traveler.

Without any time travel the 1973 scenes would be presented as pure prequel
to Trilogy.

i wouldn't be surprised if its mind swap, its the best excuse for it to be wolverine, except for mags and xavier he is the only other mutant in this who can do the mind swap and still look the same in both timelines

but i have to question why certain actors in the OT and FC have made it sound like they will be working together at some point, very weird

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-13-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #648
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Misdirection.Actors outright lied about Star Trek Into Darkness probally on orders from
J.J. Abrams.

Remember the misleads on Jean with regards to X2.Different ending given to novelation and comic adaptan,ok I know they don't do comic adaptians of films anymore but they did back In 2003,and they released stills to totally hide the fact jean sacrificed herself.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #649
MarvelU
Side-Kick

If she is indeed done then I want her to have a nice little action scene that might lead to her death or even a capture. For all we know Rogue might be in a "concentration" camp in the start of the film and near death as well. Well depends how the future is portrayed, it might not even be as dark as we think, but a few casualties seem necessary. If I can remember Paquin along with Jackman, and Ashmore were some of the first to start filming. Then Bryan singer showed the pic of the names in chairs after Paquin finished her part the first few weeks. My guess is that the guys who had names on their chairs shown together will be the more featured characters in the future and plot the time travel. I am really interested in Rogue's part though since we haven't really seen anything from her.

Last edited by MarvelU; 06-13-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #650
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're returning for X-Men: Days of Future Past. What's it been like slipping back into the role of Rogue?
Paquin: It was really fun. My scripts, however, came with a letter attached to it saying that when I'm not reading it, I had to lock it up in a safe and give it back when I was done with it. I had a really great time, but that's about as much as I'm allowed to say. [Laughs] It was nice to see my old friends, but anything other than that, look on Bryan Singer's Twitter page. He seems to be in charge of what information goes out there.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/True-Blo...b&profileid=01

Definitely done filming. If you excuse me I'm going to cry on a corner.

Closed Thread