The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #801
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
For El Maybe "undebunkable" probably means something that can't be confirmed for years, which gives him an out. He can always claim that Marvel's plans changed when it proves untrue, or hope that everyone forgets he even posted the rumor in the first place.
That's exactly what I thought lol. Putting that way, the Planet Hulk is 'un-debunkable'... Until 2015.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 06-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #802
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
If the Angela rumor proves to be true (I'd say less than 1% chance of that being likely), then it would be significant for a few reasons. One, it's Neil Gaiman. Then again, Gaiman's material hasn't translated well to the big screen at all. Two, it would represent an actual crossover between comic-book universes, meaning we could all start speculating on when we could see Hellboy, Batman or Sin City joining the MCU. Three, it would mean half-nekkid women, meaning half-nekkid Gamora would be a lot more likely now. And four, it would mean "Heaven" exists in the MCU, since Angela is a bounty hunter for The Big Guy Upstairs. Imagine how well *that* will go over with the religious right.
Stardust and Coraline were pretty good

Old 06-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #803
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

can't say anything for Stardust but Coraline is top notch! That being said I don't want Angela anywhere near this.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #804
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
For El Maybe "undebunkable" probably means something that can't be confirmed for years, which gives him an out. He can always claim that Marvel's plans changed when it proves untrue, or hope that everyone forgets he even posted the rumor in the first place.
"They don't like the way I ninja all their secrets so they totally changed their multi-billion dollar plans just to get even with me."

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 06-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #805
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
"They don't like the way I ninja all their secrets so they totally changed their multi-billion dollar plans just to get even with me."
Did Feige really ban LR from Marvel stuff because of Eh Maybe's crap?

Heh... lookit Feige going all on them. EM is such an attention wh*** too. Serves him right! He's kind of had a bug up his butt about Marvel movies recently too, LOL!

Old 06-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #806
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Speaking of Eh Maybe, earlier he tweeted about his discovery that Feige and his... agents are responsible for Man of Steel's weird Rotten Tomatoes score.

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 06-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #807
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

That's so silly. Feige even rooted for Green Lantern, why would he want MoS to fail? Every successful genre film opens the door to more superhero movies. Mayimbe has lost it big time... if he ever had it at all.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #808
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Speaking of Eh Maybe, earlier he tweeted about his discovery that Feige and his... agents are responsible for Man of Steel's weird Rotten Tomatoes score.
What the hell does that even mean?! Isn't RT owned by WB, the studio that produced said MoS???

I sincerely hope that is a joke on El Meh's part, because 1) I doubt Feige cares what MoS is doing on RT he's too busy running a movie studio, and 2) the critic's grades are based on the critic's reviews, like they're the one's who determine whether a movie is rotten or fresh.

On another note, I would like whatever El Meh's smoking right now.

ETA: I read his feed and it's coming across as a joke, albeit one where you can clearly see that EM holds a grudge against Feige and MS for banning him. Too funny, all bluster, but not much else to back it up.

Last edited by Suzanne78; 06-13-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #809
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Did Feige really ban LR from Marvel stuff because of Eh Maybe's crap?

Heh... lookit Feige going all on them. EM is such an attention wh*** too. Serves him right! He's kind of had a bug up his butt about Marvel movies recently too, LOL!
I liked the one where he was outraged because Marvel didn't let one of his LR pals into the Iron Man screening with his kids. "Now they're going after kids!" I didn't know it was your right to attend a screening.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 06-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #810
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I liked the one where he was outraged because Marvel didn't let one of his LR pals into the Iron Man screening with his kids. "Now they're going after kids!" I didn't know it was your right to attend a screening.
I don't think it's that. I kinda feel bad that the site as a whole is suffering because of one writer's stupidity.

Quote:
What the hell does that even mean?! Isn't RT owned by WB, the studio that produced said MoS???
Yep. If anything, WB should be trying to go for foul play and give it a higher rating... Feige also said in an interview that MoS looks awesome and he can't wait to see it

Quote:
Old 06-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #811
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
I don't think it's that. I kinda feel bad that the site as a whole is suffering because of one writer's stupidity.
He represents the site and supposedly, he's actually co-owner of the site.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 06-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #812
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
He represents the site and supposedly, he's actually co-owner of the site.
Yeah, but still it's his fault (mainly) that LR has been banned from Marvel screenings and that the site is getting a really ****** rep amongst bloggers, journos and readers.

I remember Da7e broke the news that IM3 would be based on Extremis and a lot of other stuff that was right. LR is decent it's just he's dragging down their rep

Quote:
Old 06-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #813
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:

Yep. If anything, WB should be trying to go for foul play and give it a higher rating... Feige also said in an interview that MoS looks awesome and he can't wait to see it
Yeah. Feige and Co. are kind of screwed if the moviegoing public starts getting fatigued with superhero movies LOL! It's to his benefit that MoS does well, and the competition between studios helps drive a real CBM renaissance, with each studio one-upping the other in quality.

Quote:
I remember Da7e broke the news that IM3 would be based on Extremis and a lot of other stuff that was right. LR is decent it's just he's dragging down their rep
This and his really petty/hostile tweeting against Marvel and Feige and Co. (because he's all butthurt about getting banned) really turned me off and I unfollowed him and dropped out of his newsletter mailing list.

Last edited by Suzanne78; 06-13-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #814
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Just like the WB conspiracy to lower Thor, Cap and Avengers scores? Ugh, what a moron.

~ The Road of Kings

Old 06-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #815
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Yeah. Feige and Co. are kind of screwed if the moviegoing public starts getting fatigued with superhero movies LOL! It's to his benefit that MoS does well, and the competition between studios helps drive a real CBM renaissance, with each studio one-upping the other in quality.

This and his really petty/hostile tweeting against Marvel and Feige and Co. (because he's all butthurt about getting banned) really turned me off and I unfollowed him and dropped out of his newsletter mailing list.
I am going to play devil's advocate here for a moment. It is often stated that all studios' superhero films will benefit if all CBMs are good, high quality products. However, if superhero fatigue is setting in* then wouldn't it be better for the genre if fewer films were produced? Failed franchise efforts weed out competition for the audience's attention and dollars, staving off fatigue by lowering the number of CBMs released in successive years. The survivors would be left with potentially greater enthusiasm from an audience that has fewer CBM alternatives clamoring for their attention.

TL;dr - When a CBM fails it benefits the better films by eliminating future competition and lowering the fatigue factor. Fewer, better films makes for a stronger genre.

* I don't by the "fatigue" theory at all. Good films that are well-marketed will usually find their audience.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:27 AM   #816
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Yea, I don't even really consider CBM's or superhero films a genre. Make a good movie, market it on a compelling/interesting hook and people will turn out, CBM or not. Simple as that.

On El Mayimbe... geez! Previously, I just thought of him as a poor writer and pompous jerk. Now, it actually seems like he's slowly and steadily unraveling, mentally.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #817
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

John C. Reilly Firmed For Ronan The Accuser Role In ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’

Quote:
I can confirm that John C. Reilly will play Ronan ‘The Accuser’ Dey in Marvel Studios’ Guardians Of The Galaxy, the James Gunn-directed franchise launch that stars Benicio Del Toro, Glenn Close, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Lee Pace, and Michael Rooker. Ronan comes from the planet Hala in the Kree Empire, and he is the Kree equivalent as the badass-inest juror and military governor in space.

He first surfaced in the Marvel Comics in Fantastic Four, as a bad guy, and he possesses superhuman strength, endurance, speed and reflexes, shielded by an exoskeleton armor suit can make him invisible. He also wields the “universal weapon,” which looks like Thor’s hammer, only cooler. The other intriguing thing about Ronan is that in some versions of the comics, he is the son of Thanos, also known as the Avatar of Death. Thanos has been incorporated into The Avengers and will be in Guardians Of The Galaxy. That is an easy way to mix the two franchises and allow the characters to show up in all different Marvel movies, so don’t be surprised if Reilly becomes a staple of Marvel Studios fare. Reilly’s repped by WME and Peg Donegan.

Quote:
Old 06-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #818
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Ronan ‘The Accuser’ Dey

Old 06-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #819
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

The fact Deadline calls him that, and HitFix said his character would be Rhomann Dey is very strange and interesting

Quote:
Old 06-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #820
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Quote:
The fact Deadline calls him that, and HitFix said his character would be Rhomann Dey is very strange and interesting
I did a cartwheel when I saw Ronan was in it, then I just read that I realised Deadline may've *****ed up.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #821
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
John C. Reilly Firmed For Ronan The Accuser Role In ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’
wat

~ The Road of Kings

Old 06-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #822
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Is Gunn combining characters or did someone **** up the report? That question should keep people busy for awhile

Old 06-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #823
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
Is Gunn combining characters or did someone **** up the report? That question should keep people busy for awhile
If he's combining characters, then Ronan could potentially be the leader of the Nova Corps...

Quote:
Old 06-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #824
BeserkerHilf
Side-Kick

I'm late to the game here, can someone summarize everything that happened between LR and Marvel?

The Stack Podcast - A Pop-Culture Junkies podcast not limited to comics.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #825
Blackman
C'mon Son

John C Reily as ROnan?

...this film has the most bizarre (and very likely awesome) casting choices of all time

Closed Thread