The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #801
8Diagrams(WU)
Side-Kick

Default Re: WiiU - Part 1

X is the only game that interests me. Im done with Nintendo.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #802
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I guess this settles the question of how powerful the Wii U is.
\It was settled when crytech studio's told the truth about the WiiU being able to run Crysis 3. against EA's back finally, which was cool of them to do. EA cause the trouble of the person up top and other dev studios treating Nintendo bad. It's turning around now.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-13-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #803
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
\It was settled when crytech studio's told the truth about the WiiU being able to run Crysis 3. against EA's back finally, which was cool of them to do. EA cause the trouble of the person up top and other dev studios treating Nintendo bad. It's turning around now.
Seeing is believing though.

Btw if you like Hiroyuki Sawano's work, I suggest checking out his Gundam Unicorn soundtracks.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #804
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah we would have seen it if Crytechwould have been able to finish that work of theirs . they are stand up people there. unlike half of EA. not all or most but half are just... well you know.

Thanks I will both X and Titans fall remind me of most of the Gundam multi series and some Robtech to a degree, so that must be the reason I'm so in to those two games .

Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #805
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Mecha are awesome.

If Monolith Soft made a Zelda game I'd be over the moon. Apparently they got to do some stuff for Skyward Sword, but mostly in a minor, supporting role.

One day perhaps.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #806
zenith16
Side-Kick

A modern day Nooooooooo, a futuristic Legend of Zelda that would be sick .

Old 06-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #807
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

So, curious, which do you guys recommend getting, the basic or deluxe edition? I know this Nintendo Land thing comes with the latter, but I really couldn't give less of a **** about that kind of stuff (I'm assuming it's minigames like Wii Sports). Outside downloading games, does the HDD serve much purpose?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #808
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

You can use any ol' external hard drive on the Wii U, so if the bells and whistles aren't your cup of tea, go Basic.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #809
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Sounds about right then. If it's really just a bigger HDD and that Nintendo Land thing, that will be the way I'll probably go. Not sure when I'll get one exactly, but I'm thinking I'll pick one up.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:02 AM   #810
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Sounds about right then. If it's really just a bigger HDD and that Nintendo Land thing, that will be the way I'll probably go. Not sure when I'll get one exactly, but I'm thinking I'll pick one up.
The Deluxe also comes with a charge base for the Gamepad, which is nice, but not super necessary.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #811
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Can you charge it without the base, like plug it into the wall?

Quote:
Old 06-17-2013, 03:07 AM   #812
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Yeah definitely. It comes with a charger, it just doesn't have a stand-up charge base. The Deluxe just has this plastic charge base, kinda like what the original 3DS came with

Old 06-17-2013, 03:08 AM   #813
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info, Matt.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2013, 03:09 AM   #814
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

No problemo

Old 06-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #815
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

Aren't they discontinuing the basic sets? If you wait long enough, you probably can get the premium set for the same price of the basic set. I don't know how accurate any of this stuff I heard is, or if discontinuing the basic set means a price cut for the premium sets.

There was a price cut for Wii U in some countries. Don't know which sets were reduced.

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #816
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
Aren't they discontinuing the basic sets? If you wait long enough, you probably can get the premium set for the same price of the basic set. I don't know how accurate any of this stuff I heard is, or if discontinuing the basic set means a price cut for the premium sets.

There was a price cut for Wii U in some countries. Don't know which sets were reduced.
The basic is slowly being phased out. it seems will be the premium that will be the one that stays . It also seems that's what the retailers want to be selling. It could be that's what their costumer's are telling them too.

this is from victor lucas twitter.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-17-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #817
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Hm, so maybe they'll phase out the basic, and put the premium at it's price as a price cut? I'm not sure, I probably won't get one for a little while, but I'm hoping for a small cut in price in some fashion before I do.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #818
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

I'm almost certain they'll cut the price of the Deluxe, probably around the holidays

Old 06-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #819
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

I can't post links for some reason but Destructiod has an article where Nintendo says "no WiiU price drop anytime soon." that could obviously change.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #820
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Nintendo also said no 3DS redesign and then a few months later they released the XL.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #821
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

A Nintendo 3DS lite would have been nice, it is kind of heavy.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #822
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

I like a heavy handheld. I tend to break stuff, so heavy is good.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #823
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Hmm, true, but I do keep it in my pocket.

More of a nitpick really. The compact GBA SP would have been my all time favorite handheld if it had a damn headphone jack.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #824
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

There's no reason for Nintendo to come out and say "We're gonna lower the price later." All that would do is make people who might want the console wait for a cheaper price. It makes sense to deny a price drop, even if it's gonna happen eventually.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #825
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I can't post links for some reason but Destructiod has an article where Nintendo says "no WiiU price drop anytime soon." that could obviously change.
yeah while they did say that. But this morning was was catching up on E3 on game trailers and victors pod cast of they are both expecting the price to o drop as soon as the ps4 and xb1 are actually out on the market for the holy days. apparently it is a logical step for Nintendo to do. it's a waiting game in way too. well it was mostly the people at game trailers. but it seems alot of people are thinking about this in that way.

this what put up today.

Nintendo President Iwata Elaborates On Free-To-Play Plans. June 18, 2013 . 10:50am

At a Q&A session with analysts, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata elaborated on the company’s free-to-play plans.

source:Siliconera & GI

Last edited by zenith16; 06-18-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Closed Thread