The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #951
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Oops! Wrong player. No wonder why City didn't need him.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 06-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #952
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grommers View Post
Completely nail on about bale. Two players that are the exact same, are almost redundant. It would be like Man Utd having Van Persie, and Lewandowski. Although both are exceptional..if only one can play the big target upfront, how do you spend that kind of money to have someone sit on the bench, when there are other needs for improvement within the pitch.
It's very frustrating when a club seems to make transfers that are more about the business side of things than the football side of things, it's like making a statement with an expensive buy is more important than getting the right player.

Quote:
Ozil to me is still up and coming, to sign another top CAM, when you do have the likes of Kaka, Modric, all who should be able to be performing much higher than they have. (Although Kaka is more of a dribbler, and Mourinho isn't a fan of his central mid dribbling believing in quick ball movement.) Than Ozil should be getting majority of the games, and isco wouldn't get the playing time he needs at the moment at that age. If we were to buy him, and than loan him out however, I'd be happy with that.
Do you think Kaka will stay? He's been a shell of his former self for a long time now. Modric can player deeper if needed but I see your point, Isco likes to play from the left as well but with Ronaldo there I doubt he'd get many games.

Quote:
As for midfielders.

I think a benat, to relieve some of the control xabi has. As Xabi is getting older, and talks of him leaving in the next couple of years, I think Benat would be a prime choice, he's had the playing time, and could show his mettle, he wouldn't be overlapping khedeira, but more so xabi, who I think like Xavi, both have shown there age this year =(.

The other choice being Gustavo, I know there haven't been many talks, but with his contact coming up in 2015, and him already winning the treble, I wouldn't be surpised with him being Brazilian looking for a new challenge else where. He is also at a great age, where we could get a good 4-5 years out of him.
A couple of interesting choices there, I think Gustavo has looked good when I've seen him and both are at a good age to come in and have the required experience to fit straight into the team. Do you think they are big enough names for Perez though? He seems to like star players regardless of whether they are the correct fit.

Quote:
What about for man utd?
Well we've signed Varela for 1M and Zaha for 15M () and apparently we are about to complete the signing of Garay for 17M which makes no sense as we have 5 CB's. So honestly I don't think we have added a single player that addresses our issues or makes us better.

There's still hope we may sign Thiago and Strootman and any other attacking addition will depend on if we sign Rooney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
30-40m, I'd say. Maybe 50m, that's pushing it, imo.
On talent I'd agree but he's scoring so many big goals and has become a brand name, which is why I'd say 50 in this current frenzy.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 06-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #953
Van Petrol
Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
On talent I'd agree but he's scoring so many big goals and has become a brand name, which is why I'd say 50 in this current frenzy.
50? Yeah, that sounds about right. Seriously, I agree though, sadly.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #954
Grommers
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's very frustrating when a club seems to make transfers that are more about the business side of things than the football side of things, it's like making a statement with an expensive buy is more important than getting the right player.

Do you think Kaka will stay? He's been a shell of his former self for a long time now. Modric can player deeper if needed but I see your point, Isco likes to play from the left as well but with Ronaldo there I doubt he'd get many games.

A couple of interesting choices there, I think Gustavo has looked good when I've seen him and both are at a good age to come in and have the required experience to fit straight into the team. Do you think they are big enough names for Perez though? He seems to like star players regardless of whether they are the correct fit.

I think Kaka will stay, realistically he's not fit into mourinho's plan. Not necessarily the next coaches. If ancelotti does become our coach, I think he'll fit well in there.

Modric can play back in the CDM role, but not exceptional. Not to a madrid level. With zinedane zidane now in charge with bringing players on board, I have to imagine things will start changing for the better.

Perhaps you guys will sell one of your CB's to a struggling Barca? I have to imagine Cb's are a hot commodity right now, as it seems to be strikers galore for sale and attacking mids. Perhaps not this season, but it would put you in great position for next.

Perez is an interesting character, he did approve of Coentrao's signing. Who I think needed a team just below madrid before coming to madrid to really be the player he is. (Jumped the gun a little to too much. especially to come in and compete with the likes of Marcelo.)

We'll sign a RB, sell carvalho, a CDM, and another attacking option.

My top 3 sells in my opinion will be
1. Higuain
2. Di Maria
3. Coentrao

My other big issue coming into this season is goalie.

I have no doubt casillas will be the skipper for the next season.....I have a big issue with this, Diego Lopez is fitting with this current madrid's play style (although could change) Way easier, and efficiently.

And Casillas probably knew what type of play mourinho wanted but wouldn't give it to him. Could you imagine if Giggs was still playing for Man UTD 90 minutes because he was a "legend or icon" of the club.

goalie is a very much different position, because you are expected to play the 90 minutes, but that's even more reason for you to always adapt and be the best at your game, and always give your all for the shirt.

Which diego lopez did, he's given everything and more to real madrid.

I'm not saying casillas isn't superior to diego lopez either though, so I hope nobody gets me confused, I am saying that diego lopez currently fits in better with the current madrid team.

(ala think if Messi was on chelsea you can't argue that messi isn't great, but he wouldn't fit into that current team.)

Just my thoughts

Old 06-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #955
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

For the record, I'm a Real Madrid fan too.

Any way, another right back? Didn't Real just sign back Carvajal? And with Arbeloa still at the club and Ramos still around for a rainy day, I can't see that happening. Coentrao may leave though- which is sad since I thought he's a much better all round player compared to Marcelo- and that opens up a left back position. Though I can't think of anyone they'd want to get.

Isco is some player going by the evidence of the Under 21 European Championships and could actually be a good buy. I like Kaka, make no mistake. But I think it's time to move on to someone younger. Get a star striker and a back up midfielder and you're good to go.

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 06-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #956
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Andre Shurrle to Chelsea confirmed, just has to pass his medical.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 06-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #957
Kaleb
Your 2010 SHHFFL Champ

Rodgers keen to expand paper thin liverpool squad

Old 06-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #958
bapi
Side-Kick

The Engineer confirmed.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 06-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #959
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grommers View Post
I think Kaka will stay, realistically he's not fit into mourinho's plan. Not necessarily the next coaches. If ancelotti does become our coach, I think he'll fit well in there.

Modric can play back in the CDM role, but not exceptional. Not to a madrid level. With zinedane zidane now in charge with bringing players on board, I have to imagine things will start changing for the better.

Perhaps you guys will sell one of your CB's to a struggling Barca? I have to imagine Cb's are a hot commodity right now, as it seems to be strikers galore for sale and attacking mids. Perhaps not this season, but it would put you in great position for next.

Perez is an interesting character, he did approve of Coentrao's signing. Who I think needed a team just below madrid before coming to madrid to really be the player he is. (Jumped the gun a little to too much. especially to come in and compete with the likes of Marcelo.)

We'll sign a RB, sell carvalho, a CDM, and another attacking option.

My top 3 sells in my opinion will be
1. Higuain
2. Di Maria
3. Coentrao

My other big issue coming into this season is goalie.

I have no doubt casillas will be the skipper for the next season.....I have a big issue with this, Diego Lopez is fitting with this current madrid's play style (although could change) Way easier, and efficiently.

And Casillas probably knew what type of play mourinho wanted but wouldn't give it to him. Could you imagine if Giggs was still playing for Man UTD 90 minutes because he was a "legend or icon" of the club.

goalie is a very much different position, because you are expected to play the 90 minutes, but that's even more reason for you to always adapt and be the best at your game, and always give your all for the shirt.

Which diego lopez did, he's given everything and more to real madrid.

I'm not saying casillas isn't superior to diego lopez either though, so I hope nobody gets me confused, I am saying that diego lopez currently fits in better with the current madrid team.

(ala think if Messi was on chelsea you can't argue that messi isn't great, but he wouldn't fit into that current team.)

Just my thoughts
Very interesting read Grommers, I hope you post more often as it will be good to have posters from the different leagues in here.

I think you have a good idea on what your team needs but your sensible approach does not seem the Perez way.

We could sell a defender to Barca if Garay came I guess but I can only see them wanting Vidic and given his recent injury troubles I'm not sure a deal is viable.

Agreed on the Casillas situation, he has too much power in the same way Raul did IMO.

Where do you see Higuain, Contreao and Di Maria going?

Quote:
50? Yeah, that sounds about right. Seriously, I agree though, sadly.
For that price I'd buy him for United.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
The Engineer confirmed.

When City face Arsenal it will be the first time in PL history where two managers will be on the touchlines who look like they should be teaching at Harvard or Yale.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #960
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Cavani wants to play for Madrid, says Napoli striker's dad as Chelsea and City look set to miss out on 54m man

Isco fever! City close on Malaga's 30m playmaker as splurge continues

Southampton splash 8.5m on promising Lyon defender Lovren

Chelsea enter race for Lewandowski with Bayern move looking unlikely

Liverpool confident Aspas deal will go through despite paperwork wrangle

Barcelona hoping to poach Reina from Liverpool if Valdes moves to Monaco

Liverpool looking to add Shakhtar playmaker Mkhitaryan to their ranks

Old 06-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #961
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Former Bolton manager Coyle confirmed as new Wigan Athletic boss

Interesting choice, he seems like a good fit given the squad Martinez left behind.

Hoddle: I'll come to England's aid... but you must let me pick best U21 stars

I hope this happens, the game is in a place right now where Hoddle's mentality is ideal if we want to keep our England managers English.

In other news Arsenal's new Chairmnan has the greatest name of any chairman ever!......Sir Chips Keswick!

Old 06-15-2013, 04:24 AM   #962
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Cavani and Bale to Madrid would make me a happy bunny

Aspas is done deal

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 06-15-2013, 05:06 AM   #963
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:

Hoddle: I'll come to England's aid... but you must let me pick best U21 stars

I hope this happens, the game is in a place right now where Hoddle's mentality is ideal if we want to keep our England managers English.
I'd prefer English football implodes before that self centred arrogant douche came back anywhere near any England set up. His time in charge is probably the most overated era in English football, his win percentage is made up of a time when England took friendlies seriously whilst foreign opposition where treating them as we do today. His record at World Cup '98 is on par with Cappello's in South Africa, he's the genius who withdrew our youth players from the Under 20 WC a competition where some of the games top players (including top players from his own squad at the time) came to prominence. He openly struggles with players who aren't as talented as he was, I'm sure you've all heard the stories about him losing his rag with Becks practicing free kicks?

Him and Eileen can **** right off as far as I'm concerned, Waddles doing **** all at the moment so if he wants to do something constructive with the FA they can perform "Diamond Lights" again together at an FA dinner party.

Can you tell I dislike the man??

Old 06-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #964
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

I hear Ronnie refused to sign new contract at Real. So B, Hunter and other United fans on here do you think he return to Old Trafford?

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 06-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #965
kit1982
Side-Kick

Liverpool closing in on Mignolet, good signing but does that mean Reina's off to Barca?

Old 06-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #966
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Who would you rather get? Bale or Ronaldo? I mean Ronaldo is of course the better player, one of the best 2 players on the planet by some distance. But Bale is so young that you'll have him at his peak for a lot longer, he'll retain value for quite a few years in case you need to resell, and he might go up another level, who knows.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #967
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Liverpool closing in on Mignolet, good signing but does that mean Reina's off to Barca?
Would of thought so as I cant see us paying the 8 million or whatever it is for a no.2 goalkeeper whos just going to warm the bench. I guess it all depends on whether Valdes stays at Baca or not; if he goes, Pepe goes to Barca and Mignolet is brought in on roughly half the wages.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #968
kit1982
Side-Kick

Just seems odd, because Reina really has been putting it out there that he doesn't want to leave at all. Wonder if he's getting a gentle nudge from the club?

Old 06-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #969
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Maybe a little from column A and a little from column B. I think if Barca wanted him he'd jump at the chance, just as we'd jump at replacing him with a decent keeper on less wages.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #970
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Now that Paulinho has scored another goal, I'm wondering if he can fit into Manchester United's system. By what I have read about him, he is quite good defensively too? Any one can give of a low down on him?

On Strootman, he's a very good player but it does seem his best position is right in front of defence which does go against the system we usually play.

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 06-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #971
Kaleb
Your 2010 SHHFFL Champ

South Africa wont be in next years world cup they just lost to Ethiopia

Old 06-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #972
Kaleb
Your 2010 SHHFFL Champ

what an amazing own goal by Bernard Parker which helped eliminate South Africa from Brazil 2014

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #973
Van Petrol
Vacant

Quote:
For that price I'd buy him for United.
At that price, 'Arry would probably get in before you.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #974
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Spain out-playing and out-cheating Uruguay right now, both the Spanish U21 and Senior sides look a notch above everyone else they are currently competing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
I'd prefer English football implodes before that self centred arrogant douche came back anywhere near any England set up. His time in charge is probably the most overated era in English football, his win percentage is made up of a time when England took friendlies seriously whilst foreign opposition where treating them as we do today. His record at World Cup '98 is on par with Cappello's in South Africa, he's the genius who withdrew our youth players from the Under 20 WC a competition where some of the games top players (including top players from his own squad at the time) came to prominence. He openly struggles with players who aren't as talented as he was, I'm sure you've all heard the stories about him losing his rag with Becks practicing free kicks?

Him and Eileen can **** right off as far as I'm concerned, Waddles doing **** all at the moment so if he wants to do something constructive with the FA they can perform "Diamond Lights" again together at an FA dinner party.

Can you tell I dislike the man??
Just a bit.

Personally I think he understands the changes in the style of football and tactics that are so integral to the game nowadays and our young players could benefit from his knowledge. It looks like Southgate is going to get the gig though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
I hear Ronnie refused to sign new contract at Real. So B, Hunter and other United fans on here do you think he return to Old Trafford?
I think if we could afford him and if Spurs get Bale then it's possible, but not probably because coming here would mean he chose with his heart over his wallet as we cannot out-pay PSG, not many modern players do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Who would you rather get? Bale or Ronaldo? I mean Ronaldo is of course the better player, one of the best 2 players on the planet by some distance. But Bale is so young that you'll have him at his peak for a lot longer, he'll retain value for quite a few years in case you need to resell, and he might go up another level, who knows.
To me Ronaldo is a superhuman athlete, he's the total attacker and given he keeps himself so fit I think we'd get a good 5-6 years out of him, you can't really guess things beyond that as you new players come to the fore. So I would go for who is the ebst of the two right now and it's Ronnie by a comfortable distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Now that Paulinho has scored another goal, I'm wondering if he can fit into Manchester United's system. By what I have read about him, he is quite good defensively too? Any one can give of a low down on him?

On Strootman, he's a very good player but it does seem his best position is right in front of defence which does go against the system we usually play.
I've not seen enough of him to really say but Thiago is our best chance of adding some real class to our midfield IMO.

To me Strootman looks like a less experienced Carrick, I think buying him would be seen as a shrewd move if he develops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
South Africa wont be in next years world cup they just lost to Ethiopia
Sorry to hear that mate.

Quote:
At that price, 'Arry would probably get in before you.
The cheeky old git!

Old 06-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #975
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Ian Darke nearly blew a gasket with the Spain play acting and faking injuries. He's right, they're too good to resort to things like that.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Closed Thread