The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #76
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post
I'm probably the only one who wants this to happen..but I hope Cap and Black Widow get into a relationship in the MCU.
You're not the only one
In fact it was a top comment one time on youtube
So we are not alone.......

Old 06-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #77
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Clearly they were Imperials!
They all trained at the Stormtrooper Sharpshooter Academy.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #78
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
No I want it to happen as well, the whole "Good girl turns bad boy around" angle has been done a lot but you rarely see it in reverse, plus the whole Sharon thing is creepy IMO, "Hey I'm a defrosted 90 year old who dated your Mom, wanna see a movie"
Agreed x 2. As long as no bloody triangle with Hawkeye. No more love triangles in films ever please.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #79
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

I don't think I've seen a well-done love triangle in any of these movies ever. They never seem to serve any overall purpose. That, and they're usually boring as hell. Fortunately they have been doing well with general romance lately, namely Tony/Pepper and to an extent, Steve/Peggy. Even Bruce/Rachel served a thematic purpose in BB & TDK.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #80
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
"Chris Evans did show up later around 7:00pm, and my kids having camped out for almost 2 hours got some autographs. Here he is signing my son Gideon's hand."

"I liked this, too, it's basically a model of a fighter jet that they were holding against the giant green-screen. Seemed cheesy, but I suppose they'll just edit out the dude's hand."

http://contrapauli.blogspot.com/

Old 06-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #81
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

There isn't going to be a love triangle in this movie as there is one in Thor 2 and the writers are the same

Old 06-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #82
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Judging by that jet model, it seems they were shooting this scene with Cap on his motorbike

Old 06-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #83
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Judging by that jet model, it seems they were shooting this scene with Cap on his motorbike

Seems very likely. Now you have to wonder who's picking him up (BW, Falcon, Fury, or Agent 13.)

Old 06-16-2013, 12:14 AM   #84
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
They all trained at the Stormtrooper Sharpshooter Academy.
Lol. their armor was old Republic cast-offs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Agreed x 2. As long as no bloody triangle with Hawkeye. No more love triangles in films ever please.
Agreed, they don't need to add a triangle into the mix as it mostly just divides fans, especially in the age of the "Shipper."

Old 06-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #85
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

"Love is for children"

Old 06-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #86
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Lol. their armor was old Republic cast-offs.

Agreed, they don't need to add a triangle into the mix as it mostly just divides fans, especially in the age of the "Shipper."
B-b-but... I really really want to see Tumblr implode!

Old 06-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #87
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
No I want it to happen as well, the whole "Good girl turns bad boy around" angle has been done a lot but you rarely see it in reverse, plus the whole Sharon thing is creepy IMO, "Hey I'm a defrosted 90 year old who dated your Mom, wanna see a movie"

You mean a 20something handsome, legendary man who kissed your grandma (god rest her soul) once 70 years ago, before being lost to time; wanna go see a movie?

There's no "ick" factor there because there wasn't even a relationship, let alone sex; so there's nothing even remotely, legally, philosophically or morally incestuous about the Peggy-Sharon thing that some of you try to blow completely out of proportion.

But even if you play devil's advocate, you can avoid the whole thing by simply making SHARON the proactive one. She grew up listening to Grandma Peggy's thrilling stories about Captain America and His Howling Commandos, and Peggy's exploits spurred Sharon to become a top SHIELD agent herself. When she hears that Captain America is now alive and well and living in the 21st century, she does everything in her power to get transferred to his department in SHIELD; introduces herself to Cap as Peggy's granddaughter; does the whole schoolgirl crush thing. Cap doesn't even remotely come off looking like a creeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
There isn't going to be a love triangle in this movie as there is one in Thor 2 and the writers are the same
There may, or may not, be a love triangle in this movie, depending on whether or not Sharon Carter is even *in* this film. (At this point, there's no evidence that Agent 13 *is* Sharon, and there is increasing evidence that Emily Van Camp isn't even IN this film after all. God knows there's NO news about her in CATWS. Anywhere. Anytime. Ever.)

But at the same time, there's absolutely no evidence that there's a love triangle in TDW, either. At this point, "Jealous" Sif is just tumblr-shipping.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-16-2013, 12:58 AM   #88
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You mean a 20something handsome, legendary man who kissed your grandma (god rest her soul) once 70 years ago, before being lost to time; wanna go see a movie?

There's no "ick" factor there because there wasn't even a relationship, let alone sex; so there's nothing even remotely, legally, philosophically or morally incestuous about the Peggy-Sharon thing that some of you try to blow completely out of proportion.

But even if you play devil's advocate, you can avoid the whole thing by simply making SHARON the proactive one. She grew up listening to Grandma Peggy's thrilling stories about Captain America and His Howling Commandos, and Peggy's exploits spurred Sharon to become a top SHIELD agent herself. When she hears that Captain America is now alive and well and living in the 21st century, she does everything in her power to get transferred to his department in SHIELD; introduces herself to Cap as Peggy's granddaughter; does the whole schoolgirl crush thing. Cap doesn't even remotely come off looking like a creeper.
No, I meant exactly what I said.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:01 AM   #89
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
"Love is for children"
And characters never change their minds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
B-b-but... I really really want to see Tumblr implode!
Hasn't it already because Yahoo bought it?

Old 06-16-2013, 01:02 AM   #90
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

wonder where hawkeye is (hopefully flying a quinjet)?

if he was in the movie, would he be in the shield taskforce team or would he be a fugitive with the captain? personally, i think movie hawkeye is a loyal shield agent, but comic hawkeye would be more of a rebel

Old 06-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #91
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Is Hawkeye in the film? I've forgotten...

Old 06-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #92
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
So putting aside that is a largely inaccurate description of Steve and Sharon's relationship, and that you've even got the relationship between Sharon and Peggy wrong...

Why would you want that? Not Steve/Natasha, I can understand people wanting that.

Sure, the good girl redeems bad boy has been done, but so has the inverse, actually. And it's kind of sexist either way.

Natasha has already turned good quite some time before Iron Man 2, or as good as she's gonna get. Any gooder and she looses what makes her interesting.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:44 AM   #93
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh33 View Post
wonder where hawkeye is (hopefully flying a quinjet)?

if he was in the movie, would he be in the shield taskforce team or would he be a fugitive with the captain? personally, i think movie hawkeye is a loyal shield agent, but comic hawkeye would be more of a rebel
Clint has a known bond to Natasha, so he would go rogue along with Natasha and Cap, and if he wasn't, he'd be excluded from the task force.

As it stands I expect he'll be away on a separate mission, and possibly be ignored much like Rhodey was in the Avengers.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:45 AM   #94
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
So putting aside that is a largely inaccurate description of Steve and Sharon's relationship, and that you've even got the relationship between Sharon and Peggy wrong...

Why would you want that? Not Steve/Natasha, I can understand people wanting that.

Sure, the good girl redeems bad boy has been done, but so has the inverse, actually. And it's kind of sexist either way.

Natasha has already turned good quite some time before Iron Man 2, or as good as she's gonna get. Any gooder and she looses what makes her interesting.
It's not inaccurate besides the fact I got the Peggy/Sharon family tree a generation out, the rest was an admittedly flippant but accurate take on the fact that them having any kind of romantic relationship is creepy.

Where has the reverse of that relationship dynamic been done in a big action movie or TV show? The male is almost always the lead and the one who is reckless or has a darker side, it's certainly never been done in anything as remotely prominent as this film will be and is not a very common theme for a female character.

I don't see how anything is sexist in any statement I made, I just think the idea of the cold and brooding Natasha falling for and finding self-forgiveness in the film with the uber good guy Cap an interesting relationship I'd like to see.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:52 AM   #95
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Words can't describe how badly i want this to be true. That would be an incredible way to explain Coulsons survival. Ugh, now i'm gonna be disappointed with whatever other reason they come up with.lol. Damn all you hyper-creative & imaginative fanboys!!
It was a fangirl who wrote that post, which has been ricocheting around Tumblr ever since TA came out and broke all of our hearts. Theories like that fueled the Coulson Lives movement, which eventually helped bring the agent back to life. Now we need to cross our fingers that Joss came up with that or something even better as an explanation for Phil's unlikely resurrection.

Last edited by xeno000; 06-16-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #96
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Clint has a known bond to Natasha, so he would go rogue along with Natasha and Cap, and if he wasn't, he'd be excluded from the task force.

As it stands I expect he'll be away on a separate mission, and possibly be ignored much like Rhodey was in the Avengers.
Technically when Avengers were first formed Warmachine wasn't even a thought so yeah there's alot of Reason's why Rhodey didn't need to be there, like the same reasons Spidey and Logun wouldn't be there

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 06-16-2013, 02:34 AM   #97
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
It was a fangirl who wrote that post, which has been ricocheting around Tumblr ever since TA came out and broke all of our hearts. Theories like that fueled the Coulson Lives movement, which eventually helped bring the agent back to life. Now we need to cross our fingers that Joss came up with that or something even better as an explanation for Phil's unlikely resurrection.
I don't really have any strong feelings about Coulson, and he could have stayed dead for all I cared...

But part of me would be amused if the SSR kept up the super-soldier research during the war and routinely took samples from Cap, including -we're mostly all grownups here- sperm. And when Steve goes missing, what samples they have were kept in cold storage.

Around the sixties, the project is dusted off and SHIELD decides to use the samples to create a new super-soldier in an old fashioned way. They artificially inseminate one of their agents, hoping the kid inherits some of his father's powers.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:38 AM   #98
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
It's not inaccurate besides the fact I got the Peggy/Sharon family tree a generation out, the rest was an admittedly flippant but accurate take on the fact that them having any kind of romantic relationship is creepy.

Where has the reverse of that relationship dynamic been done in a big action movie or TV show? The male is almost always the lead and the one who is reckless or has a darker side, it's certainly never been done in anything as remotely prominent as this film will be and is not a very common theme for a female character.

I don't see how anything is sexist in any statement I made, I just think the idea of the cold and brooding Natasha falling for and finding self-forgiveness in the film with the uber good guy Cap an interesting relationship I'd like to see.
It's creepy ONLY if the reason they're dating is because of Sharon's relationship to Peggy, which is decidedly NOT the case.

There've been cases of the heroic male "redeeming" the bad female. Catwoman being one, obviously.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:40 AM   #99
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Technically when Avengers were first formed Warmachine wasn't even a thought so yeah there's alot of Reason's why Rhodey didn't need to be there, like the same reasons Spidey and Logun wouldn't be there
Actually at the time of the Avengers, Rhodey already had the War Machine. It was a subject of debate whey Fury wouldn't recruit Rhodey for the team, seeing as he was a reliable military officer and two iron men are better than one. But he wasn't, so people tried to fill in the blanks by assuming Rhodey has his own **** going on, and people will do the same with Clint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
(At this point, there's no evidence that Agent 13 *is* Sharon, and there is increasing evidence that Emily Van Camp isn't even IN this film after all. God knows there's NO news about her in CATWS. Anywhere. Anytime. Ever.)
Someone tweeted that she was shooting early in April, actually. The press release came out during shooting, so one assumes it was up to date.

Last edited by BullMcGiveny; 06-16-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:50 AM   #100
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Actually at the time of the Avengers, Rhodey already had the War Machine. It was a subject of debate whey Fury wouldn't recruit Rhodey for the team, seeing as he was a reliable military officer and two iron men are better than one. But he wasn't, so people tried to fill in the blanks by assuming Rhodey has his own **** going on, and people will do the same with Clint.

Someone tweeted that she was shooting early in April, actually. The press release came out during shooting, so one assumes it was up to date.
I'm talking about the comicbook tho and even THEN Cap wasn't around until issue 4 lol
I SWEAR we had this convo before Bull lol Wasn't it mentioned that Rhodey was elsewhere and wasn't able to Help with Avengers? like the prequel comic or something?

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Closed Thread