http://marvel.com/news/story/20748/l...heroes_trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-gyH...em-uploademail

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 06-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #77
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

I never bought into the theory that the Guardians would be in A2. Seems like it's official that they won't be. Here's Whedon talking about it:
Quote:
"We’re following Guardians at Shepperton [Studios, with Avengers 2] but we won’t be swapping cast members. Every movie is its own thing and has to be. Unless I take a lot of peyote and write a very different draft… and I’m not ruling that out."

Old 06-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #78
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Yeah I never thought the Guardians would be in A2 nor did I want them to.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #79
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Well he could pop a few mushroom caps and write Rocket into the 3rd act somehow. that could work, right? Right?

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 06-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #80
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

There'll be plenty going on in A2 without Guardians!

Old 06-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #81
Closerframe
Side-Kick

I feel that it is inevitable the two teams will cross paths. However, it doesn't need to happen in The Avengers 2--there's already enough going on.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #82
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

It's too soon after the introduction of Guardians as well. Better to wait till Phase 3.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #83
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The idea that The GOTG were necessary in either an A2 or A3 because THANOS would be the threat never quite made sense to me. Sure, Thanos is an awesome villain, but he is not a known quantity to the GA. Now the GA has embraced the AVENGERS. To have another team show up because Earth's Mightiest Heroes couldn't handle the villain kind of undercuts them. For those that say "but doesn't that show what an incredible and dangerous villain Thanos is?", all I have to say is whose name is the title? That's right.... MARVEL knows not to undercut their heroes.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #84
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

For Avengers 3, I wish the team could assemble in another realm or something. Having another one set on earth would just be repetitive.

I remember an episode from the later seasons of Spider-Man The Animated Series (the 90's one) where Spidey, Cap, the FF, Iron Man and I can't remember which ones, were in another planet hunting the Red Skull (I think). It was quite fun and different, and with the current setup of places beyond Earth in Thor: TDW and GotG, I think it could work.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #85
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The idea that The GOTG were necessary in either an A2 or A3 because THANOS would be the threat never quite made sense to me. Sure, Thanos is an awesome villain, but he is not a known quantity to the GA. Now the GA has embraced the AVENGERS. To have another team show up because Earth's Mightiest Heroes couldn't handle the villain kind of undercuts them. For those that say "but doesn't that show what an incredible and dangerous villain Thanos is?", all I have to say is whose name is the title? That's right.... MARVEL knows not to undercut their heroes.

I don't regard a nod to GOTG in a Thanos-driven Avengers 2 as being a case of the Avengers being too weak to handle him on their own. Instead, I see GOTG (the movie and the team) as the story catalyst for Thanos to appear on Earth, and one or more of the Guardians to then cameo in TA2 to give backstory, guidance, and maybe reveal an Achilles heel for the heroes to exploit.

All of that is predicated, of course, on the notion that Thanos *is* the Big Bad in GOTG and TA2, as Jim Starlin said (and I continue to believe). At this point in the rumor and speculation cycle, though, I don't even know if he's going to appear in either one. Would be absolutely stupid if he didn't, but who knows.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #86
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't regard a nod to GOTG in a Thanos-driven Avengers 2 as being a case of the Avengers being too weak to handle him on their own. Instead, I see GOTG (the movie and the team) as the story catalyst for Thanos to appear on Earth, and one or more of the Guardians to then cameo in TA2 to give backstory, guidance, and maybe reveal an Achilles heel for the heroes to exploit.

All of that is predicated, of course, on the notion that Thanos *is* the Big Bad in GOTG and TA2, as Jim Starlin said (and I continue to believe). At this point in the rumor and speculation cycle, though, I don't even know if he's going to appear in either one. Would be absolutely stupid if he didn't, but who knows.
I mentioned this before but he recently came out and said he was just speculating and didn't know any more than we did.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #87
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Do you guys think MOS will pressure Whedon to try to outdo the action scenes from that Superman movie? Considering the budget of MOS, I don't think it would be feasible for TA2 to try to surpass it. It is best for Whedon to keep doing what he's been doing but expand upon the concepts from the first movie.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 06-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #88
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Personally some of those scenes in MOS could have been cut, they seemed a bit long.

....to every King.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #89
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I wouldn't want those types of action scenes anyway they were too busy if that makes any sense. At times they were incredible like the fight with Zod. But I absolutely hated the whole terra-forming thing.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #90
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

The Guardians and Avengers crossing paths, IMO is more set for a post credit scene.

And if by up the actions scenes from MOS you mean destroy an entire city in one film, didn't we get enough city destruction in Avengers? Seriously though, the action in MOS was amazing and if we have hand-to-hand combat with super-powered beings, he will have to do something big to even compare to SM vs Zod.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #91
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
I wouldn't want those types of action scenes anyway they were too busy if that makes any sense. At times they were incredible like the fight with Zod. But I absolutely hated the whole terra-forming thing.
Yeah makes sense too many flying through structures.
One of the other Mods and I think the Terraforming thing looks like the Ultimates Galactus, and FOX should take note. THAT looked more menacing than a cloud of GAS.

....to every King.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #92
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
The Guardians and Avengers crossing paths, IMO is more set for a post credit scene.

And if by up the actions scenes from MOS you mean destroy an entire city in one film, didn't we get enough city destruction in Avengers? Seriously though, the action in MOS was amazing and if we have hand-to-hand combat with super-powered beings, he will have to do something big to even compare to SM vs Zod.
Well I don't think it'll happen right away because GotG is SUPPOSED to take place in 2045

....to every King.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #93
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Do you guys think MOS will pressure Whedon to try to outdo the action scenes from that Superman movie? Considering the budget of MOS, I don't think it would be feasible for TA2 to try to surpass it. It is best for Whedon to keep doing what he's been doing but expand upon the concepts from the first movie.
He shouldn't base his script on what other movies are doing. The action should make sense for the story he's telling. That's it.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #94
Panther X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
MoS was many things, and if anything made clear what Whedon had said since talks on Avengers 2 had started: Bigger does not always equal better. In terms of the Avengers sequel, it's not about including more explosions or making the action sequences last longer for the sake of it.

I can only speak for myself, but MoS, whilst it had its moments, I couldn't help but feel exhausted by the end because there was that much action. It didn't feel special anymore and I was just waiting for it to end.

So I think the worst thing Whedon could do is follow that template and just have constant action with little to no downtime. It's during the downtime when we see that character interaction and story unfold.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #95
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther X View Post
MoS was many things, and if anything made clear what Whedon had said since talks on Avengers 2 had started: Bigger does not always equal better. In terms of the Avengers sequel, it's not about including more explosions or making the action sequences last longer for the sake of it.

I can only speak for myself, but MoS, whilst it had its moments, I couldn't help but feel exhausted by the end because there was that much action. It didn't feel special anymore and I was just waiting for it to end.

So I think the worst thing Whedon could do is follow that template and just have constant action with little to no downtime. It's during the downtime when we see that character interaction and story unfold.
Yes, going into an action race where you try to constantly go bigger will risk leading to some really bad movies. You can get really great action from just two normal people fighting as long as you know what you're doing. You need to find what makes it special and make sure that there's a story being told.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #96
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Yeah, Whedon says Loki won't be in this one, and I am glad as he's already had more than his share.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #97
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Yeah, Whedon says Loki won't be in this one, and I am glad as he's already had more than his share.
Yeah, villains should be cycled. There are plenty of great villains to get through. Even worse in X-Men where Magneto has been in nearly every film. He's an amazing character, maybe the very best X-Men villain, but still no reason to overexpose him at the expense of all the other great X-villains.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #98
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
For Avengers 3, I wish the team could assemble in another realm or something. Having another one set on earth would just be repetitive.

I remember an episode from the later seasons of Spider-Man The Animated Series (the 90's one) where Spidey, Cap, the FF, Iron Man and I can't remember which ones, were in another planet hunting the Red Skull (I think). It was quite fun and different, and with the current setup of places beyond Earth in Thor: TDW and GotG, I think it could work.
They were doing a version of the Secret Wars story line only with the Beyonder and Madam Web instead of the Beyonder and other comic entities.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 06-16-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #99
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther X View Post

True talk.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #100
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
They were doing a version of the Secret Wars story line only with the Beyonder and Madam Web instead of the Beyonder and other comic entities.
Interesting, didn't know that. They went in full comic-booky mode with that last season.

Closed Thread