The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #26
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: They should have let Snyder be Snyder...or they should have just hired Michael Ba

"Micheal bay would have hired bad actors to play the parts and would have had the military do most of the work. He would have most likely hired Megan fox as Lois lane and had her seducing men for stories.

Zack Snyder hired a 4 time Oscar nominee to play Lois and filled the rest of the cast with very experienced actors. Zack respected the source material and even had superman break down after killing Zod."

I feel like Zack respected the source material more than Goyer did. Look at the robots from krypton, and the new suit, and the heat vision and say that it doesn't feel comic-bookish.

Visually speaking, it was almost perfect, except for the color pallet, which in hindsight suited the tone of the movie. If the studios force ONE change for the sequel, I'd want natural colors.

Bay wouldn't have any respect for the source material. People would make dumb jokes while all this chaos happens. And Lois would be all sweaty and probably played by Fox. WHO started this thread?

Bay would be a fit for MOS like..Nolan would be for Transformers :P

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #27
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: They should have let Snyder be Snyder...or they should have just hired Michael Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

Zack Snyder hired a 4 time Oscar nominee to play Lois and filled the rest of the cast with very experienced actors. Zack respected the source material and even had superman break down after killing Zod."
Takes a look at the acclaimed actors Bay has cast in the past....

Old 06-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #28
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Old 06-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #29
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflamingcoco View Post
^ yes. Though i want him to shoot lots of commercials so that he can practice be more subtle for a sequel. He can through that out for world's finest or mos3, though

as for the bay comparisons. Bay would destroy mos, and have a sexy lois who couldn't act, crazy rapid editing, etc.

Snyder's a much better fit.
totally agreed... Comparing bay with snyder is silly... Nothing to do... Transformer was only pum pum and sexy megan fox... Just that...

John-An is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #30
Lord
All Mighty

Wasn't Affleck a good friend of Bay? I guess WB may eventually contact him.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #31
kguillou
Side-Kick

In my opinion Snyder pulled off some of the best big scale action scenes I've ever seen in cinema in this movie. Better than Transformers, better than Avengers. He went for broke here and it was purely epic, the kind of thing I never would have expected from just the first film. So basically Snyder did what Bay does but better.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:47 AM   #32
sf2
Side-Kick

i thought Bay make some good movies too. i like the island.