The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #101
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Wanda's hexes and Pietro's speed should provide us plenty of good action. Not to mention they're great for comedic value. I'm thinking things like Quicksilver pantsing Tony at highspeed and Scarlet Witch hexing a cup of coffee to land on Tony.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #102
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther X View Post
MoS was many things, and if anything made clear what Whedon had said since talks on Avengers 2 had started: Bigger does not always equal better. In terms of the Avengers sequel, it's not about including more explosions or making the action sequences last longer for the sake of it.

I can only speak for myself, but MoS, whilst it had its moments, I couldn't help but feel exhausted by the end because there was that much action. It didn't feel special anymore and I was just waiting for it to end.

So I think the worst thing Whedon could do is follow that template and just have constant action with little to no downtime. It's during the downtime when we see that character interaction and story unfold.
If there's one thing that I learned from Avengers and Man of Steel, it's that Joss Whedon is a fantastic writer and David Goyer is a really crappy writer.

What was so stupid about Man of Steel was that it's like Superman went out of his way to destroy parts of Metropolis. Joss was smart enough to cut in scenes of Captain America working with the police to protect innocent people, and Cap going in to rescue civilians that were trapped in that bank. Superman just found the next building he wanted to throw Zod in. Then when he's standing in the middle of ground zero, he figures it would be a good time to makeout with Lois.

Just let a few weeks pass, and we'll be talking about how bad this movie is.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #103
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Just let a few weeks pass, and we'll be talking about how bad this movie is.
As long as you do it on the MoS boards.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 06-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #104
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I'm sure they will. I'm just responding to the thought that Whedon must do something to react to the action in MoS.

Joss is doing a pretty damn good job, and he knows the genre and he knows how to write. I'm not worried.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #105
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

While very much love MAN OF STEEL (worked for me), I agree that Joss should not feel the need to change up his overall story just to put in a couple of sequences of action that are as big as what they did with Superman vs. Zod. What made AVENGERS work as much as the final battle scene was the chemistry between the actors and the great character exchanges. With so many moving parts in a story I would not to see less of the character stuff over action. That being said, the climax of A2 does have to match the first film in scope and action at least.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #106
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

With Joss at the Helm I have no doubt A2 will be well balanced. He's had lot's of practice with multiple Characters

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 06-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #107
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Not to mention his enthusiasm about such an early draft. It's usually not super hard to tell when the powers that be aren't 100% confident in the story. This is not one of those times.

The only thing to ever worry about in a case like this is that the fanboy in the director will take over and lead to overindulgence. I don't think that'll be the case here though.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:08 AM   #108
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Not to mention his enthusiasm about such an early draft. It's usually not super hard to tell when the powers that be aren't 100% confident in the story. This is not one of those times.

The only thing to ever worry about in a case like this is that the fanboy in the director will take over and lead to overindulgence. I don't think that'll be the case here though.
I agree brother, but I also don't want the "artiste" to overcome the fanboy either. No matter how great the dialog I would prefer witty banter and character definition to be in the middle of an action scene than say the teams time out for lunch in midtown. (Schwarma joke in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...)

Old 06-17-2013, 02:54 AM   #109
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

some fan art a friend found

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 06-17-2013, 03:32 AM   #110
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

^Didn't Perez do a cover similar to that, sans Hulk during Busiek's run?

Old 06-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #111
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Marvel Freshman just posted a quote from JW on his Twitterfeed: "The theme is: How do you challenge the Earth’s biggest superheroes? Answer: You challenge them from within."

Apologies if this has already been talked about ad nauseum, but I'm starting to think that maybe Wanda's reality-bending powers will play into the sequel, leading the team to battle their own pasts/demons in their closets.

I could be way off. Also, this might be me really desperately wanting to see Tony and Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper's version) onscreen together at some point.

Last edited by Suzanne78; 06-17-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #112
Mr. Dent
Banned User

^ That theory makes sense, especially since Joss implied he's putting the twins on the team to make things hard.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #113
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
^ That theory makes sense, especially since Joss implied he's putting the twins on the team to make things hard.
I just hope he can do it with 100% less Crazy Wanda. If there's one thing from canon that I do NOT want, it's a bat**** insane Scarlet Witch.

Yet, I could see him River Tamming Wanda and making Pietro her Simon so to speak. Wouldn't make me happy, but I could see it.

What I would really love is if Wanda messes with the Avengers when they're trying to help her. Like she keeps dropping them into their pasts, or she brings their pasts to the present day and threatens to break time space continuums and all that.

Then Pietro and Wanda realize they have to join the team to help fight some greater evil.

Bonus points if they can fit Winter Soldier in as a cameo. Or War Machine.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #114
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Bonus points to any film that can fit Winter Soldier in as a cameo.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #115
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Wanda wouldn't just randomly mess with the Avengers (Quicksilver might, but he doesn't have her powers). There will be a good reason as to why she (and Quicksilver) will be against them other than her being crazy...because for most of her history she isn't crazy you know.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #116
T"Challa
Side-Kick

How exactly do Wanda's powers translate onto the screen? I have not seen much of her in the comics i've read. Is she in any Marvel cartoon show, if so how were her powers shown?

Old 06-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #117
Chewy
REDACTED

Yeah she's been in a bunch (90s X-Men, 90s Iron Man, 90s Avengers, both 2000s X-Men shows)

I haven't seen all of them but from I remember it's usually pink or red bolts from her hands

Here's the 90s X-Men episode about QS/SW's origin:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #118
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Yeah she's been in a bunch (90s X-Men, 90s Iron Man, 90s Avengers, both 2000s X-Men shows)

I haven't seen all of them but from I remember it's usually pink or red bolts from her hands

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
sweet..thanks

Old 06-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #119
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
How exactly do Wanda's powers translate onto the screen? I have not seen much of her in the comics i've read. Is she in any Marvel cartoon show, if so how were her powers shown?
Wolverine and the X-Men is probably the best showcase of her powers in cartoons.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #120
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

This talk about ''challenging from within" is interesting. But questions, questions, questions. Do the twins start on the wrong side only to be integrated into the team later? Do they join and become a problem to mission because of powers/personalities? Or my preference: Is something/someone after Wanda because of her power, or at least the potential of her power? This forces them into the ranks of the AVENGERS and they just can't work smoothly with the team. Perhaps they don't even tell the team that there are powerful forces searching for them?

Old 06-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #121
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Could be that someone is after Wanda because of her power (and threatening Pietro with harm if she doesn't do what they want), and they're using her as a weapon against the Avengers to alter their realities and/or mess with their heads...

Old 06-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #122
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

I kind of liked how they did Wanda on the Super Hero Squad Show, she joined the Avengers and Pietro didn't which led to massive conflict because he couldn't understand why she would join up with them and leave him.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #123
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
This talk about ''challenging from within" is interesting. But questions, questions, questions. Do the twins start on the wrong side only to be integrated into the team later? Do they join and become a problem to mission because of powers/personalities? Or my preference: Is something/someone after Wanda because of her power, or at least the potential of her power? This forces them into the ranks of the AVENGERS and they just can't work smoothly with the team. Perhaps they don't even tell the team that there are powerful forces searching for them?
"Challenging from within" could be as simple as Joss referring to a schism within the group. (No, not Civil War, goddammit. ) But maybe some event or personality clash divides the team. Maybe Black Widow betrays the group. Or Tony and Steve compete for the leadership spot, in a quasi-Civil War. Or Joss goes old school canon with Hulk and has him leave the group immediately, after just one movie. A house divided, and all that.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #124
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Just watched it. Damn, i forgot how good these cartoons were back in the day. That episode was rather mature in nature. Nothing kiddish about it at all

Old 06-18-2013, 12:52 AM   #125
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick

Lets just pretend my theory that Agent 13 in C

Closed Thread