The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Who should in the villain in the Man of Steel sequel?
Brainiac 96 49.74%
Darkseid 9 4.66%
Metallo 37 19.17%
Parasite 3 1.55%
Mongul 4 2.07%
Mister Mxyzptlk 2 1.04%
Toyman 1 0.52%
Prankster 0 0%
Doomsday 11 5.70%
Other 30 15.54%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #126
kalhawj
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

I hope in the Sequel during the after credit they introduce Bruce Wayne to Clark. Something with Bruce saying "I know who you are and I need your help." End of scene. this would be a great way to introduce Batman for World Finest and Batman reboot.

kalhawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #127
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I don't think he'd say he needs his help, but more of a "I know who you are" implication in that he knows Clark is Superman, with Clark looking shocked at first, then kind of sternly challenging in that this guy actually was able to figure out his secret.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #128
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I think Corben should be a solider that was injured in the battle of metropolis and Lex tries to save and use him for his own bidding by potentially using some of the Krypton tech that is left over. You have Lex being involved and you can introduce Sam Lane as the military liason as well to include Lois in the story. I think this is smart as you killed off Emill and Meloni's character. Metallo can fight supes but not cause the rampant destruction Zod did. Plus Brainiac is too soon, earth just had an alien invasion another that soon? Too much rehash for the GA.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #129
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Even though I strongly feel that Luthor and Brainiac should be the villains in a MOS sequel, I heard somebody toss out a casting idea the other day that strikes me as nothing short of brilliant.

Four words: Joaquin Phoenix IS Bizarro.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:35 AM   #130
Harley2004
Side-Kick

I really hope it's John Corben, but I just hope someway Faora comes back maybe in relation to Braniac.

Harley2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:13 AM   #131
GarudA
Side-Kick

I think Metallo would be in the sequel. Created by lex. If it is Metallo, who should play him?

Oh, please no Bizarro, I just do not find him interesting at all.

GarudA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #132
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I'd like to see both Metallo and Brainiac for the sequel. Metallo's an easy origin if they go the route of him being someone injured during the Superman/Zod battles. It also helps lead into Lex's eventual battle suit and Cyborg's technology. I think that it would really help progress the universe.

Brainiac should be included as the primary threat since attacks from him would come on more of a global scale.

I really don't want Bizarro included because we've already shown a lot of kryptonians. We need to fill out the universe with other kinds of beings.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #133
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Lex and Metallo would be best I think.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #134
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

This probably won't happen and would suck but I keep thinking of Matt Damon as Metallo, after seeing his look in Elysium

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #135
Chris B
Side-Kick

Honestly, I just can't help but feel that Lex Luthor has been so overexposed over the years to be reused as the primary villain. Even if they were include someone like Metallo in there. He should be brought back, but I think he should be secondary to Brainiac with his rivalry with Superman culminating in the third film.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #136
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

This Superman needs to have a Lex Luthor though. Someone human who honestly has this much disdain for him, even after he's done a lot of good. And the fact that he can't figure out why he hates him so much. Somebody he can't beat with physical force, until he dons the classic suit or something down the line.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #137
BobJM
Who's Bad?

MOS 2:

I'd have Superman primarily battle with Metallo & Intergang. Lex Luthor is prominent in the film as a behind-the-scenes baddie but, to the public, his hands are clean. Maybe even end the film with Lex being the one who stops Metallo (maybe he installed a failsafe?).

And, of course, end the film with a verbal showdown between the two as Superman flies into Luthor's office (classic scenario between the two that could have a lot of emotional punch as the film closes).

MOS3:

Brainiac comes to town, wants to harness all the technology & information of Earth; just as he did throughout the cosmos. (He was going to destroy Krypton, but saw that it was doomed anyway and allowed fate to take its course).

Idk how the plot would work out, but at the end, we get Lexiac (Lex & Brainiac fused together), and that way, we can get a satisfying physical confrontation for the ages: Lex Luthor vs. Superman.

This will be a rivalry that has spanned two films, so it would hold some real weight and be a great way to cap out a trilogy (not that they need to end at 3, but it'd be a nice end to Luthor's saga).

BobJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #138
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Lex pulling a "No Man's Land" with Metropolis instead of Gotham in the wake of the Kryptonian invasion and whatever ELSE shows up in Metropolis to smash and/or blast its way toward Superman would be a nice set-up for getting him into the Oval Office by the time we get to "Justice League", IMO.

But I still believe, for the sake of giving other guys in Supes' Rogues' Gallery a chance to shine for once, that he should be kept in the background until then (appearing in newscasts, public functions, etc.) and given a slow build-up over the next two MOS films. I'd like to see him approached as Palpatine was in the SW prequels: barely seen at first (at least up close), but gradually becomes more and more of a presence as he gains more power until the time comes for the **** to hit the fan.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #139
Obi Wan Kenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Even though I strongly feel that Luthor and Brainiac should be the villains in a MOS sequel, I heard somebody toss out a casting idea the other day that strikes me as nothing short of brilliant.

Four words: Joaquin Phoenix IS Bizarro.
Bizarro doesn't work in Synder and Nolan's universe its too campy like manbat or clay face would be in Nolan's batman universe.

The villians should be Lex, then a minor villian like Metallo or Intergang then a biggie like Doomsday.

I don't want to see Brainiac 1 on 1 in a Superman film because it would leave no room for Doomsday. Brainiac should be done in a JLA film where he causes computer problems and natural disasters all over the globe for the League to handle.

A MOS sequel should be Lex, Metallo Doomsday vs Supes or Lex's manipulation of Intergang, Metallo and Bruce Wayne vs Superman. Yes, Batman vs Superman would be off the charts. The tone has already been set, only a handful of people trust Superman because he's an alien.

Obi Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #140
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Mentions Bizarro as campy. Mentions Doomsday as alternative.

Irony overload.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #141
Hoorayforeric
Newbie First Class

NO Super Space Villians on earth to destroy it again for MoS 2. They did that. I'd like to see Supes be more investigative as a reporter and uncover small criminal activity that end up being linked to a grander scheme by Lex. Lex will see SM as a major thorn in his side and then would have to use his know how to take him out. Lex needs to be seen as a leader to the public, but a ruthless and heartless power mogul to the audience. Superman's struggles also stem from tough choices. Maybe even incorporate some batman and other DC Villians that'll require help from other heroes, leading to the JLA and another bigger outer world threat heading their way for the JLA movie and beyond.

Hoorayforeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:35 AM   #142
Noach
Side-Kick

Yes I believe Braniac or Metallo would make formidable enemies for Kal El. Let's save Doomsday for the last film, so it'll be the most expensive and epic of the film series.

Noach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:04 AM   #143
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

For those of you who want to see Doomsday, what are your thoughts on adapting the whole "Death and Return" storyline including Steel, Superboy, the Eradicator and Cyborg Superman?

I think that would be awesome to see in a live action film, but frankly can't see it happening for another generation. And really, if they use Doomsday they need to go all the way; otherwise I'm not that interested.

A movie depicting the death of Superman is a bit predictable because we all know he's going to come back (unless they want to pull another TDKR, which I don't think Warner Bros. wants to now that they've seen how that limits sequel possibilities). But what's the point of using Doomsday if he's not going to kill Superman? That's his whole shtick.

Brainiac is a must for MOS 2 because they've been trying to get him on the silver screen for years and as one of Superman's greatest enemies, he's long overdue. However, they also need to incorporate Lex Luthor because he is Superman's undisputed arch-nemesis, and in my mind as crucial to the character as Lois Lane.

These two are the must-haves. Anything else is icing on the cake, but only if they're not going to overburden the film with villains, and I feel there's not enough room to throw in Metallo or somebody without doing just that.

Given Luthor, Brainiac, dealing with the aftermath of the first film's events, the developing romance between Clark and Lois, and the exploration of "Metropolis Clark" and his work at the Daily Planet, that would be more than enough story material for one movie.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Old 06-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #144
CGHulk
Green Guy

I think they should go even more real like the Dark Knight did, relatung it to some of our current problems.

In the sequel Luthor is pissed because Superman showed up, because he's been covering up that aliens have visited this planet before. He found Kara in ice but he didn't find her ship. Her body is in a underground government facility. With disclosure that we are not alone in the universe he will have a harder time taking over the world through fear and terrorism. The whole time Lex has been creating terrorist attacks in the states created by the CIA and NSA to take the peoples freedoms away with their own fear, ruining America from the inside out. He's been involved in creating wars over seas, by creating terrorist attacks over seas through the CIA and running all the criminal syndicates globally all behind closed doors, and bribing government politicians to his will. Also reaping the benefits of jobs going over seas and toppling governments. He's a monster! Now that Superman has showed up he will take down Lex's control over the world. He finds out about Lex's shadow government and takes it down!

Or even have Brainiac in there, that Lex made contact with Brainiac where it's been a shadow government coverup that Lex and him have been working together, where those that go missing end up on other planets as slaves to Brainiac, while Lex has been uses Brainiac's technology over the decades for weaponry and to take over the world through wire tapping with cell phones, and computers and cloning for protected evil world leaders, all the technology that the people think is is good for them but has been designed for Lex's plan for world domination all along, a one world order under Lex! But Brainiac has other plans and Superman has to take him down, while Lex feels betrayed by his alien accomplice!

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 06-19-2013 at 07:38 AM.
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #145
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

If they had a battle like this in a potential sequel (vs Darkseid in this case) do you think audiences would feel this is just a re-tread of his battle with Zod?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #146
CGHulk
Green Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
If they had a battle like this in a potential sequel (vs Darkseid in this case) do you think audiences would feel this is just a re-tread of his battle with Zod?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Fixed.

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
Old 06-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #147
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post
Fixed.
It worked well already

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #148
CGHulk
Green Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
It worked well already
Not before I fixed it!

Old 06-20-2013, 02:20 AM   #149
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post
I think they should go even more real like the Dark Knight did, relatung it to some of our current problems.

In the sequel Luthor is pissed because Superman showed up, because he's been covering up that aliens have visited this planet before. He found Kara in ice but he didn't find her ship. Her body is in a underground government facility. With disclosure that we are not alone in the universe he will have a harder time taking over the world through fear and terrorism. The whole time Lex has been creating terrorist attacks in the states created by the CIA and NSA to take the peoples freedoms away with their own fear, ruining America from the inside out. He's been involved in creating wars over seas, by creating terrorist attacks over seas through the CIA and running all the criminal syndicates globally all behind closed doors, and bribing government politicians to his will. Also reaping the benefits of jobs going over seas and toppling governments. He's a monster! Now that Superman has showed up he will take down Lex's control over the world. He finds out about Lex's shadow government and takes it down!

Or even have Brainiac in there, that Lex made contact with Brainiac where it's been a shadow government coverup that Lex and him have been working together, where those that go missing end up on other planets as slaves to Brainiac, while Lex has been uses Brainiac's technology over the decades for weaponry and to take over the world through wire tapping with cell phones, and computers and cloning for protected evil world leaders, all the technology that the people think is is good for them but has been designed for Lex's plan for world domination all along, a one world order under Lex! But Brainiac has other plans and Superman has to take him down, while Lex feels betrayed by his alien accomplice!
Subtle references to current events are one of Goyer's greatest strengths as a screenwriter, so I would be totally in favour of something like this for the sequel. As was the case with The Dark Knight, it would reinforce the fact that this is truly a Superman for the 21st century.

IMT supporter
Old 06-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #150
Harley2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
This probably won't happen and would suck but I keep thinking of Matt Damon as Metallo, after seeing his look in Elysium
Possibly that could work. I always think of John Corben, from the animated show from the 1990s. I think it's reaching, but I think it be great if they could get DiCaprio.

On Doomsday, personally I would rather see him than Braniac. Highly unlikely though, I'm pretty sure brainiac will show up at some point. Doomsday would be like the uber-Bane.

Harley2004 is offline   Reply With Quote