The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Old 06-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #176
FVD
Jolly Loves You

Default Re: "I am Doom...What Gods Dare Stand Against Me"---The official Dr. Doom Thread

Dare I mention Benedict Cumberpatch and his booming voice. But there are still many other actors to choose from!

Old 06-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #177
Crimz
Side-Kick

Default Re: "I am Doom...What Gods Dare Stand Against Me"---The official Dr. Doom Thread

I dont think the skirt look on Doom would translate well in movies. Doom needs to be effortless when he fights the F4, as if they were nothing and only Reed can defeat him with an invention. He should never look as pitiful as the previous guy who played Doom.

Crimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #178
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

A fantasy of mine is that whomever is cast as Mr. Fantastic, the script never has them addressing Dr. Doom as Doom until the climax. To Reed he should just be Victor. Maybe a little passive aggressive but I always think Reed is trying to get Doom's goat when he's all, "Victor, what do you hope to accomplish with this?"

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #179
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
A fantasy of mine is that whomever is cast as Mr. Fantastic, the script never has them addressing Dr. Doom as Doom until the climax. To Reed he should just be Victor. Maybe a little passive aggressive but I always think Reed is trying to get Doom's goat when he's all, "Victor, what do you hope to accomplish with this?"
On the flipside, Doom should ALWAYS refer to Reed as "Richards!" With such contempt for him,

In fact in one of the episodes of the newer F4 cartoon from the mid to late 2000s, Doom blasts open the wall of the Baxter Building.

Doom floats in and says "Greetings Richards!"

Reed goes: "Doom! You forged the journal!"

Doom: "Of course..and now there is no one left to save you!"

Old 06-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #180
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Yes. I remember the show. I actually liked some, not all of the episodes. But their DOOM was pretty damned good. Still, his height in animation is the AVENGERS:EMH! ep where he just owns them and the FF like a boss. I loved that it was a mirror of the KANG battle they had, given the past association the characters have. Except DOOM was handling two teams.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:26 AM   #181
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Watching Hannibal really makes me want Mads as Doom. His eyes are terrifying!

Old 06-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #182
VICTORVONDOOMX
Never tell me the odds!

What an EXCELLENT notion. Mads would be a good Doom.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #183
VICTORVONDOOMX
Never tell me the odds!

Th Eek Re: "I am Doom...What Gods Dare Stand Against Me"---The official Dr. Doom Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
My choice for Doom...Joaquin Phoenix (Gladiator, The Master)
Gaaah! Doom does not smoke crack! (but apparently someone does!)

Old 06-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #184
bapi
Side-Kick

I really want a top, top actor so...

Joaquin Phoenix

Matt Damon

Matthew McConaughey

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
bapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #185
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

Ha ha, McConaughey as Doom would be amazing.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #186
Blackman
C'mon Son

McConaughey took acting pills recently or something everything he's done since Lincoln Lawyer has been great

But I really like Joaquin Phoenix for Doom. That'll be great

Last edited by Blackman; 06-29-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #187
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

maybe too obvious but ah what the heck, Doom:

even though i think he'd make a great richards too.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #188
Brian2887
Nerd.

Oscar Isaac. (Drive, Inside Llewyn Davis, Robin Hood, Body of Lies)

Dude is a rising star and majorly talented.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #189
Blackman
C'mon Son

Isaac would be cool

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:37 PM   #190
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Quote:
Dr. Doom is said to be the villain of the reboot

DOOM DEMANDS THIS THREAD BE BUMPED!

Old 02-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #191
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Even though Josh Trank has debunked the 'female Doom' rumor, I'm not entirely convinced that his debunking is necessarily the truth, and would be in full support of the idea, with my primary choices for such a take on the character being Helena Bonham Carter, Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore, Marion Cotilliard, and Charlize Theron.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:58 PM   #192
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Great choices, love all of them....but I do not believe for one second that Fox would pay up for any of those choices with this particular project.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:00 PM   #193
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ THR's report said that FOX was looking at a 'big name' for Doom, and all 5 of those women are decidedly 'big names'.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 02-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #194
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

I'm just gonna hold on to the hope that someone finally gets it right.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:46 AM   #195
DrDoom
Dictator

Doom is NOT female!

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:58 AM   #196
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Most of the ACTUAL rumored cast considerations for this movie have made me laugh and roll my eyes for the most part so if they are actually going for a female Dr. Doom I'm not holding my breath for that pattern to change by them getting someone on the level of Cate Blanchett.

And by the way...Helena Bonham Carter. LOL. She's like 5' 1" That would be hilarious to see.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #197
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post

DOOM DEMANDS THIS THREAD BE BUMPED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
I'm just gonna hold on to the hope that someone finally gets it right.

I was thinking yesterday "Nobody really seems to be talking about the fact that Doom was confirmed."

I am hoping for two things at this point: Doom done right, and a Thing that comes close to matching the comics.

The thing that makes it tough is that the rumored casting choices seem so far off that it doesn't seem that we have any logical reason to believe the film-makers respect or want to be faithful to the source material. But we have very little information so far and I figure hope that they'll get it right, while probaly crazy, may not have be any crazier than the hope that Marvel would get it back. And we held on to that crazy hope for quite a while - even when it seemed more and more certain that Fox was moving forward (and I think some of us are still keeping a sliver of that hope alive even now).

Old 02-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #198
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Well even if they did a Female DOOM, if people didn't like it they'd just release a one shot some months later that reveals there is a "Real" Dr Doom out there and she was just a fake Doom

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:03 AM   #199
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
Most of the ACTUAL rumored cast considerations for this movie have made me laugh and roll my eyes for the most part so if they are actually going for a female Dr. Doom I'm not holding my breath for that pattern to change by them getting someone on the level of Cate Blanchett.
Like I said THR indicated that Doom would be a 'big name', and I doubt that detail just came from out of nowhere.

Quote:
And by the way...Helena Bonham Carter. LOL. She's like 5' 1" That would be hilarious to see.
She's 5'2, actually, but I'm not sure why her height is relevant, as costuming could very easily add height to her frame.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #200
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Shame they cast Eisenberg as Luthor, he would have been a perfect Doom