The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #976
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
To me Ronaldo is a superhuman athlete, he's the total attacker and given he keeps himself so fit I think we'd get a good 5-6 years out of him, you can't really guess things beyond that as you new players come to the fore. So I would go for who is the ebst of the two right now and it's Ronnie by a comfortable distance.
Yeah he is superhuman for a footballer! Sounds right. If you get that long out of him I'd definitely agree as he's a clear level above Bale at the moment and no guarantee Bale reaches that level.

He doesn't get injured that often does he?

Old 06-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #977
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Cracking free-kicks from Pirlo and Suarez in the Confederations Cup today. The tournament has started brightly although the BBC commentators really went over the top Brazil and Neymar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Ian Darke nearly blew a gasket with the Spain play acting and faking injuries. He's right, they're too good to resort to things like that.
Soldado and Jordi Alba in particular were a disgrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah he is superhuman for a footballer! Sounds right. If you get that long out of him I'd definitely agree as he's a clear level above Bale at the moment and no guarantee Bale reaches that level.

He doesn't get injured that often does he?
Ronaldo has been fortunate to have a pretty injury free career, just a couple of minor one here and there, no extensive time out and nothing that has had any long term affect.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 06-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #978
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Isco said: "In seven days I will decide my future.
"After the U21 Euros I will analyse my situation and make the best choice for my future.
"At the moment I am calm and focused on my work with the national team.
"City or Madrid? I can't say. Pellegrini is a great coach, though, of that there is no question."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ga-forward-Isco-to-decide-future-in-next-week
Please go to Real.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 06-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #979
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

United and Chelsea set for bidding war starting at £15m for Van Ginkel

PSG plot £85million Gareth Bale bid in effort to land Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas

Luis Suarez's Real Madrid move edges closer as Liverpool eye Spain starlet Alvaro Morata as makeweight

Laurent Koscielny Arsenal exit rumours grow as Bayern Munich and Barcelona shortlist French defender

Tottenham eye Doria and Paulinho in double Brazilian swoop

Old 06-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #980
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Laurent Koscielny on the shortlist for Bayern and Barcelona. What a difference a season makes.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 06-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #981
Grommers
Side-Kick

Suarez really showing he's a top class striker, and has probably out grown the current anfield outfit.

Liverpool will have a tough time next season without him, and I doubt he's really replaceable. I'm still holding out on cavani for RM though .

Although I'm not a big fan of diving either, I do understand why players do it. There are many times calls don't go in your favor in a match, including fouls against you'll definitely feel the next day, a dive here and there, forces more people to ensure they play the ball and hope the referee makes the right call.

I imagine spain will win the confederations cup, considering how deep there bench really is.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #982
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Please go to Real.
Javier Bautista from Cope Málaga just wrote that Isco only wants to play for Pellegrini and will join City this week so we should know very soon. Fernandinho, Silva, Yaya - Isco, Kun, Navas... I don't know if they'll be able to score any goals but I think they could have a lot of possession.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008

Last edited by bapi; 06-17-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #983
ttotheusher
In the Palais

What kind of system/players do you see City playing next season Bapi?

Old 06-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #984
bapi
Side-Kick

Txiki wants 4-3-3, beautiful football, high pressing, possession... He's a cruyffista so we'll be more positive next season.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 06-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #985
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just a bit.

Personally I think he understands the changes in the style of football and tactics that are so integral to the game nowadays and our young players could benefit from his knowledge. It looks like Southgate is going to get the gig though.
Southgate? Brilliant, he could spot a player Alfonso Alves, Jeremie Aliadiere...oh, well at least he has a good knowledge of the game, it's not like he gets schooled by a failed championship manager like Roy Keane every week on national telly.....oh wait.

Without a doubt Hoddle has a good knowledge of tactics, I know a few guys who went to his school in Spain as Sunday League players and have come back to play in the conference, they all say the same thing, he's know's his stuff, but he's so arrogant and out of touch that it becomes a chore to train. He doesn't realise that to most young players he isn't known as the undoubtedly world class player he was, he's the crazy ex England manager. It's fine when guys are paying you to reignite their careers, but a bunch of guys who have already made it is a different kettle of fish.

TBH I think you need someone who not only knows his stuff, but a guy who the players look up to. Someone like Scholes would be an ideal coach for the Under 21's and lower IMO. He knows all about football with and without the ball. Also so much of Barca's success IMO was the way the players looked up to and worshipped Guardiola. Scholes is one of the few England players who has that equivalent standing over here.

Pity the bloke would never do it.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #986
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Quote:
The cheeky old git!

Old 06-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #987
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Southgate? Brilliant, he could spot a player Alfonso Alves, Jeremie Aliadiere...oh, well at least he has a good knowledge of the game, it's not like he gets schooled by a failed championship manager like Roy Keane every week on national telly.....oh wait.

Without a doubt Hoddle has a good knowledge of tactics, I know a few guys who went to his school in Spain as Sunday League players and have come back to play in the conference, they all say the same thing, he's know's his stuff, but he's so arrogant and out of touch that it becomes a chore to train. He doesn't realise that to most young players he isn't known as the undoubtedly world class player he was, he's the crazy ex England manager. It's fine when guys are paying you to reignite their careers, but a bunch of guys who have already made it is a different kettle of fish.

TBH I think you need someone who not only knows his stuff, but a guy who the players look up to. Someone like Scholes would be an ideal coach for the Under 21's and lower IMO. He knows all about football with and without the ball. Also so much of Barca's success IMO was the way the players looked up to and worshipped Guardiola. Scholes is one of the few England players who has that equivalent standing over here.

I don't know about that. I mean, he's said he wants to get into coaching but for someone who shuns the spotlight as much as he does, I can't see him coaching anything other than a League 2 side.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 06-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #988
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Pique, stop it, I already hate you.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/14...celona?cc=5901

Old 06-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #989
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

another week and again little to no major news on any decent signings for united, or as they're trying to call them moyes's boys *shudders*

you'd think i'd be annoyed but honestly i'm getting used to it

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 06-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #990
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Pique, stop it, I already hate you.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/14...celona?cc=5901
The Barcelona players' claims about Mourinho are becoming more and more farcical. We get it, you hate the guy, he beat you this season fair and square, two times in a row and now that the season's ended and he's had a pretty bad one by his standards and has also left Spanish football, you feel compelled to spill utter drivel such as this towards him. **** off.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 06-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #991
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

its all anti Rael mind games - Barca have no class when it comes to playing mind games, the comments from their players when we drew them in the champions league in 07 were incredibly disrespectful, especially when you consider that 1) we won the damn thing 2 season before and 2) we'd won it 3 more times then them!

even after we beat them 2-1 n their home turf they didnt take any humble pie and instead continued the disrespect in the build up to the second leg

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 06-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #992
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Javier Bautista from Cope Málaga just wrote that Isco only wants to play for Pellegrini and will join City this week so we should know very soon. Fernandinho, Silva, Yaya - Isco, Kun, Navas... I don't know if they'll be able to score any goals but I think they could have a lot of possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grommers View Post
Suarez really showing he's a top class striker, and has probably out grown the current anfield outfit.

Liverpool will have a tough time next season without him, and I doubt he's really replaceable. I'm still holding out on cavani for RM though .
Cavani is great for sure but Suarez I think is that special type of player that rises to the big occasion and may be the bigger hit at Real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post

I'm not sold on Southgate either but he has been studying a lot of newer coaching methods since his management days so maybe he's improved.

You're right that Hoddle most likely isn't recognized for the class player he was, my Dad always says he was ahead of his time in this country, but at U21 level I think that might be less of an issue than when he has to deal with senior pros.

Scholes wanting to manage has surprised me given his personality but I see your point if he'd be willing. Honestly I think Gary Neville may well be the next great English manager if he can translate his passion and intelligence for the game from punditry to management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
another week and again little to no major news on any decent signings for united, or as they're trying to call them moyes's boys *shudders*

I think the U21's and the Confederations Cup are holding up a lot of transfer business, hopefully we have 2 or 3 irons in the fire.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #993
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post

Welcome to the club, man!

Old 06-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #994
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Tottenham prepare £15m move for Brazil's Paulinho in bid to fend off Roma and Inter

Arsenal set to land £22m Higuain THIS WEEK… and they want Spanish U21 £10m ace Illarramendi too

Liverpool to demand official transfer request if £50m rated Suarez wants to follow Carroll out of Anfield exit

Pair are Gunner stay! Sagna and Koscielny to end doubt over futures

Henrikh Mkhitaryan set to fly in for Liverpool medical ahead of £23million move

Old 06-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #995
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Stuart Pearce seems to have gotten off way too lightly.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #996
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
I think if we could afford him and if Spurs get Bale then it's possible, but not probably because coming here would mean he chose with his heart over his wallet as we cannot out-pay PSG, not many modern players do that.

Agreed. If he does return it will be in his heart than just collecting paycheck everyweek. I would love to see him back if possible that is.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Last edited by Two-Face; 06-18-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #997
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Isco himself has said that he has offers from Real & City & at this particular moment in time it is favourable him to work with Pellegrini again however it's not definitive as he has alot of friends & connections with Madrid as well & plans on taking a holiday after the U21 Championship & then make his decision.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #998
bapi
Side-Kick

Isco said he'll decide this week and according to Bautista and Hunter if he'll choose Real he'd earn more money. But he'd have to compete with Callejon, Benzema, Ozil, Modric, Ronaldo, Di Maria and maybe Bale or Suarez. Also they change their managers every year and after all... Real won only two or three trophies in last five seasons (like City). I'm confident.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 06-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #999
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Seems like Bafana (south Africa)has been thrown a very thin life line,as it seems that Ethiopia fielded an ineligible player over the weekend,meaning they have been docked 3 points from their win against South Africa,giving SA a slim chance of still qualifying for the world cup.

This would mean Ethiopia will have to lose to Central African Republic (bottom of the log) and South Africa will have to beat Botswana (which I don't see happening)

Old 06-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #1000
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

Togo did it as well, but they're already out so it doesn't matter. It seems to happen in Africa quite a lot for some reason.