The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Is it time to legalize pot?
Yes 177 74.37%
No 48 20.17%
I don't know 13 5.46%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 03:13 AM   #826
TheCrimsonIdol
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

think thats when eaten when its prepared a certain way,least thats what i read on uk420 forums a while ago

Old 05-11-2013, 03:14 AM   #827
TheCrimsonIdol
Side-Kick

could be when smooked as well though,i'm clearly no expert

Old 05-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #828
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Also people who use cannabis can use a vaporizer, eat or use other less hazardous methods to ingest it.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #829
TheCrimsonIdol
Side-Kick

i used to eat it myself back in my early teens but takes more to get a good buzz goin so thats why i switched to smokin

Old 05-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #830
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Vermont decriminalizes possession of marijuana

Vermont’s legislature on Monday voted to decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana, making the New England state the 17th to relax restrictions on the drug.

The House of Representatives followed an earlier vote in the state Senate in favor of the measure and Governor Peter Shumlin, a strong supporter, was expected to sign it into law.

The law would decriminalize possession of up to one ounce (28.3 grams) of marijuana and also small quantities of hashish, although a civil penalty similar to a traffic fine would still be imposed.

“Decriminalizing small amounts of marijuana will allow courts and law enforcement to focus limited resources more effectively to fight highly addictive drugs that tear apart families and communities,” Shumlin said on Instagram and Twitter.

He also thanked the legislature, saying “Vermonters support sensible drug policies.”

In April, a Pew Research Center opinion poll indicated that for the first time in more than four decades of polling on the issue, a majority of Americans — 52 percent — think marijuana should be legalized.

The Marijuana Policy Project, a pro-marijuana reform group, said Vermont was now the 17th state to decriminalize or outright legalize what it says is a soft drug.

“The days of criminalizing people simply for using a substance less harmful than alcohol are coming to an end,” project analyst Matt Simon said.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/1...-of-marijuana/

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #831
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Dana Rohrabacher: The colossal failure of marijuana prohibition

Brain-Imaging Study Links Cannabinoid Receptors to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: First Pharmaceutical Treatment for PTSD Within Reach

- Ryōkan

Old 05-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #832
Leetank
Battlecruiser Operational

Of course it needs to be legal, if one can go out and get completely blacked out crash his car and cause death to people because of it, then what is bad if someone wants to smoke up and watch movies/watch movies or whatever?

Old 05-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #833
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Study: Why Pot Smokers Are Skinnier

‘High’ tolerance: NYC on the road to decriminalizing pot

- Ryōkan

Old 05-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #834
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

and adding to the PTSD thing:

Veteran's Affairs eases rules on medical marijuana,

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/24/he...nted=all&_r=2&

and cannabis lowers number of suicides,

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2...california.php

Old 05-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #835
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Doesn't happen often, but sometimes even Tennessee offers a glimmer of sense. Like just now, as I watched Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) tear Attorney General Eric Holder a new one over the Justice Department's continued aggressive policy towards marijuana.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"One of the greatest threats to liberty has been the government taking people’s liberty for things that people are in favor of. The Pew Research Group shows that 52 percent of people do not think marijuana should be illegal. And yet there are people in jail, and your Justice Department is continuing to put people in jail, for sale, and use, on occasion, of marijuana. That’s something the American public has finally caught up with. It was a cultural lag. And it’s been an injustice for 40 years in this country to take people’s liberty for something that was similar to alcohol. You have continued what is allowing the Mexican cartels power, and the power to make money, ruin Mexico, hurt our country by having a prohibition in the late 20th and 21st century. We saw it didn’t work in this country in the 20s. We remedied it. This is the time to remedy this Prohibition, and I would hope you would do so."

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ion/?mobile=nc

- Ryōkan

Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #836
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

We have gotten our first look at what the labeling should be for all recreational marijuana sold in Washington State. The Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB), which is responsible for implementing the newly approved Initiative 502, has just released its draft regulations for the legal marijuana market.

The draft rules cover everything from the requirements to obtain a license to grow commercially, what level of security is needed for a marijuana businesses, what type of photo ID’s will be accepted at marijuana stores, to even how to properly dispose of unused parts of marijuana.

Not surprisingly, the proposed regulations in Washington a similar to those recommended by the Colorado task force for implementation of their own new marijuana law.

The parts of the draft rules I think regular people will find most interesting is the regulations that will most impact normal consumers.

The WSLCB has decided what information must be contained on the label for a package of marijuana. Every package will be required to contain a warning, the name of the business, lot number, the concentration of the cannabinoids, the statement “this product is unlawful outside of Washington,” date of harvest and the Washington State marijuana license logo. A sample label provided by the WSLCB is pictured in the article.

All marijuana producers will be required to disclose in writing all pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides in their growing operation. Marijuana can be labeled as organic but only if certified by the state Department of Agriculture.

The WSLCB will require a slightly different label for marijuana-infused products. It decided a “single serving” of marijuana should be 10 milligrams of THC and no marijuana-infused product should contain more than ten servings.

These basic labels may end up serving as a national model. It is likely, as other states legalize marijuana, they will copy much of the regulations being created right now in Washington State and Colorado.

http://justsaynow.firedoglake.com/20...hington-state/

- Ryōkan

Old 05-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #837
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Beautiful.

The future is now.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #838
LegendaryCaleb
Ozymandias.

This is exciting...of course its gonna be a very very very long time before my state learns to accept it

Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #839
DarkSentinel
SHH's Top Heel

My state (Florida) is missing out on a HUGE opportunity in legalizing cannabis (I refuse to refer to it as "marijuana"--that word is derogatory yellow-journalism slander that is simply unacceptable). We have ENORMOUS swaths of unused agricultural land that was once used for oranges, but now are used for what? Exactly.

The combination of Florida's (especially South Florida's) weather and soil, not to mention the droves of "lawn care providers" who could profit from being legitimately employed and paid for their work could lead to an agricultural, industrial boom for the state. And NOT just in regards to cannabis but industrial hemp as well.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #840
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
My state (Florida) is missing out on a HUGE opportunity in legalizing cannabis (I refuse to refer to it as "marijuana"--that word is derogatory yellow-journalism slander that is simply unacceptable). We have ENORMOUS swaths of unused agricultural land that was once used for oranges, but now are used for what? Exactly.

The combination of Florida's (especially South Florida's) weather and soil, not to mention the droves of "lawn care providers" who could profit from being legitimately employed and paid for their work could lead to an agricultural, industrial boom for the state. And NOT just in regards to cannabis but industrial hemp as well.
Just reading about the "bong bill" down there. What a cluster**** that appears to be.

Quote:
Darryl Rouson (D-St. Petersburg) the sponsor of the ‘bong ban’ bill hopes that this bill will make people drive to other states if they intend to buy the apparatuses for illegal drugs.

“If we can make people drive to Georgia and Alabama and South Carolina to get fireworks, they can drive to get these utensils of death,” Rouson told the Broward New Times.
"utensils of death" lol Holy ****.

Still judging from that article most places can stay open by offering pipes "for tobacco smoking", which is what head shops in Asheville, NC already did when I lived there six years ago.

And I agree about agriculture, particularly hemp. Kentucky looks to be the frontrunner there.

- Ryōkan

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 06-18-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #841
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Problem with Florida is the massive population of old people who still see weed as the devil's drug and the blame for all of society's problems, because that's what they've been told to believe for decades.

And because they're old and retired, they've got plenty of time on their hands to be politically active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #842
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Marijuana Legalization: 20 Billion Is the One Number That Says It All

- Ryōkan

Old 06-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #843
DarkSentinel
SHH's Top Heel

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ph..._Capitol_.html

*T*
Old 06-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #844
DarkSentinel
SHH's Top Heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Just reading about the "bong bill" down there. What a cluster**** that appears to be.

Still judging from that article most places can stay open by offering pipes "for tobacco smoking", which is what head shops in Asheville, NC already did when I lived there six years ago.

And I agree about agriculture, particularly hemp. Kentucky looks to be the frontrunner there.
And this is why Florida is the DUMBEST state in the country

Seriously, our drivers are ****ing stupid, our politicians are ****ing stupid, the only thing people care about down here are the Heat and the Dolphins, because both are excuses to drink.

I hate alcohol. HATE it. If it were possible, I'd prefer alcohol be illegal and cannabis be legal. But that'll never happen

I'm just hoping people eventually see that there is both an economic and social benefit to legalization. I even took the liberty of "reformatting" I-502 into the Florida Responsible Introduction of Cannabis & Hemp (FL-RICH ) Act. Just need to find the right people to submit it to and get signatures for introduction to the House.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
PREAMBLE

BE IT KNOWN that this Act does not call for disorder; rather, it calls for the State of Florida to declare to the Federal Government of the United States of America that the Scheduling of Marijuana within the provisions of the Federal Controlled Substances Act, 1970, PubL. 91-513, 84 Stat. 1242 was a severe error in judgment, and that the subsequent and so-called “War on Drugs” has failed in regards to marijuana. Be it known also that this Act, its framers, authors or amenders, do not condone, promote or validate the legalization of any “hard drug” as classified by the Federal Controlled Substances Act outside of marijuana, many of which ARE in fact dangerous and harmful to human health. We the framers, authors and amenders of this Act instead recognize the individual freedom of every adult to make their own informed decisions and to accept the consequences or benefits thereof. Moreover, we seek to right the wrongs committed and begun by the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937, and to bring control of a medically beneficial, environmentally friendly, and economically stimulating resource to a place where it can be regulated, controlled, and most importantly kept safe from our children and young people. We believe that, under the provisions of this Act, the RESPONSIBLE USE of marijuana by of-age persons will improve our society in that the consumption of a naturally occurring plant is NOT a crime but a luxury and a gift; and like any luxury or gift, the State has the right and opportunity to benefit from it for the good of the people. The State of Florida might be a conservative state, but we do not seek to overturn its government or depose its elected leaders; rather, we seek to show them that by trusting its people it need not be afraid of reform or change, the authority of which is given to them under the rights of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America, both of which were written on HEMP PAPER. We can save the world.

*T*

Last edited by DarkSentinel; 06-21-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #845
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

U.S. Mayors Tell Feds to End Marijuana War

The U.S. Conference of Mayors – representing 1,309 U.S. cities with a population of 30,000 or more – unanimously approved a resolution Monday calling on the feds to end their wasteful, futile, 70-year-long war on Americans who use marijuana, and let states and cities implement new solutions to controlling the drug.

The Conference of Mayors notes that 22 million marijuana arrests have occurred in the U.S. since 1965, including 757,969 marijuana arrests in 2011 alone. Marijuana law has criminalized 42 percent of Americans who have used marijuana, including over 18 million people who admit to having used it within the past month. The Mayors called the Marijuana War a waste of money and resources for local cops. The pot war has an overwhelming racial bias, the Mayors noted, and the War also enriches Mexican cartels in more than 1,000 U.S. cities.

Coversely, two states have ended the marijuana war, while 19 have medical marijuana laws, and the United States Conference of Mayors had already adopted resolutions declaring the war on drugs a failure, recognizing medical marijuana.

The latest resolution reads that “states and localities should be able to set whatever marijuana policies work best to improve the public safety and health of their communities; and the United States Conference of Mayors believes that federal laws, including the Controlled Substance Act, should be amended to explicitly allow states to set their own marijuana policies without federal interference; and … until such time as federal law is changed, the United States Conference of Mayors urges the President of the United States to reexamine the priorities of federal agencies to prevent the expenditure of resources on actions that undermine the duly enacted marijuana laws of states.”

The folks over the Marijuana Majority were instrumental in getting the U.S. Conference of Mayors to pass the resolution. Nearly 7,000 people have sent messages to almost 1,000 mayors across the county, encouraging them to do the right thing by passing this resolution. And this time our elected officials listened to the people they represent.

The resolution was co-sponsored by 18 mayors, including Bob Filner of San Diego (California), Mike McGinn of Seattle (Washington), Carolyn Goodman of Las Vegas (Nevada), Jean Quan of Oakland (California), Steve Hogan of Aurora (Colorado), Marilyn Strickland of Tacoma (Washington), Kitty Piercy of Eugene (Oregon), and William Euille of Alexandria (Virginia), among several others.

“The prohibition on marijuana has been ineffective and counterproductive,” said Mayor Stephen Cassidy of San Leandro, California. “Voters in states and cities that wish to break the stranglehold of organized crime over the distribution and sale of marijuana in their communities by legalizing, regulating and taxing marijuana should have the option of doing so.”

A recent Gallup poll found that 64 percent of Americans say the federal government should not enforce anti-marijuana laws in states that have opted for a new approach. A poll by the Pew Research Center found that 72 percent of Americans believe that government efforts to enforce marijuana laws cost more than they are worth and that a majority (52 percent) support legalizing and regulating marijuana like alcohol. In November, marijuana legalization got more votes in Colorado than President Obama did.

- Ryōkan

Old 06-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #846
DarkSentinel
SHH's Top Heel

Were there any mayors from FL cities at this conference?

*T*
Old 07-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #847
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Rules For Legal Recreational Marijuana Sales Announced In Colorado

Yesterday was a big day in Colorado, as rules for legal recreational marijuana sales were announced (actual sales don’t start until January). This is significant, because they are the first rules for legal marijuana sales in the nation, and will be looked at as the model for future states’ endeavors. Below are some of the highlights of the rules:

• A single package of an edible marijuana product cannot contain more than 100 milligrams of active THC, regardless of how many servings it contains.

• Labels on marijuana edibles have to list all ingredients and carry warnings including “The intoxicating effects of this product may be delayed by two or more hours.”

• Colorado residents can buy up to an ounce of marijuana per visit to the retail outlet. Out-of-state residents can only buy up to a quarter-ounce of marijuana per visit.

• Licensed marijuana growers can’t sell directly to consumers, and marijuana can’t be consumed at a grow site.

• Marijuana has to be “unusable and unrecognizable” when it is thrown away.

• Testing facilities have to destroy the marijuana samples after they test them.

• Licensed marijuana sellers have to have video surveillance systems and commercial-grade locks.

- Ryōkan

Old 07-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #848
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Sounds like they're going the alcohol distribution route. Which makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #849
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post

Fireworks are legal in Georgia? That's news to me. The guy can't even get his rhetoric straight.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #850
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I'm edging towards wanting to see all drugs legalized...but then I thought more about it and figured that syndicates would just become legal corporations and we don't need anymore corps.

Closed Thread