The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: "S" plastic shield vs broken neck.
"S" shield, cool new power designed to kill powerless enemies. 7 6.93%
Broken neck to save a family and millions of future innocent lives. 94 93.07%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #11
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Default Re: How Superman Resolved the Issue of Zod *MEGA SPOILER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Wait...who had to learn that lesson???

Clark stranded the jerk...and he deserved it. I'm not sure he deserved to lose his job, but I wont cry for him. HOPEFULLY the man learned something from it, though he had no way of knowing WHY his truck ended up like that (and he likely acted like that often, so it isnt like he'd connect the dots).

What about his employer? They were contracted to have a driver deliver goods. Are you suggesting that they deserved this punishment as well, since they hired a jerk? Interesting...but personally, I don't think they should have been punished.

What about the company who hired the jerk's company to deliver their haul? Are you suggesting that they deserve to have their goods destroyed because they hired a company that hired a jerk?? How could they POSSIBLY learn a lesson, since they don't know why or how their goods got destroyed?

What about the innocent people who lost power due to Clark tearing down their power poles? Also, what about the taxpayers who have to pay for new power poles? What did these people do to deserve Clark's wrath???

So yeah...Clark is hardly an example I hope my kids will follow.
Did Superman set a good example when he hurt a powerless Zod at the end of Superman 2 by crushing his hand and then throwing him. Zod was no stronger than a normal human at this point. Was it necessary for Superman to do this? Superman is supposed to be the best. Why couldn't he have just grabbed him and handed him over to the police without hurting him first? Should kids learn from how Superman handled that?