The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Books and Music

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #751
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

I just started reading the first book. If I skip some sleep, I might be halfway caught up before Season 4 starts.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #752
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 06-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #753
Lord
All Mighty

Allways wondered where the wikia gets those images

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 06-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #754
Victarion
Cut

I've started A Clash of Kings. Patchface's lyrics about shadows come to play/shadows come to say is foreshadowing of
the red wedding. The other stuff about merfolk, does that mean we might see some merfolk or some creatures of the Drowned God in future novels? I know Martin has ruled out any of the Gods outright appearing.

If you want marvel babbies to stop torchering Idris Elba, copy and paste this into your signature.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #755
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

We haven't yet but maybe. One possible interpretation of that lyric is that it has to do with the Manderlys whose sigil is a merman with a trident.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #756
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Just started A Feast for Crows, read the prologue. I'm gonna talk Storm of Swords ending though.

So legit when Tyrion killed Tywin and Shae. Tyrion is one of my favorite characters, which means he'll probably die at some point. I was also glad when Littlefinger killed Lysa, she sucked. I'm predicting Arya is gonna become a badass assassin. I'm also pumped that Storm of Swords made Jaime into a likable character, which is amazing considering he pushed a boy off a tower in attempted murder, and he bangs his own sister. Friggin awesome series.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #757
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Tyrion will never die he's Martins Favorite character.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #758
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I just need Tyrion to live long enough to interact with Jon again. Anything more would be a bonus.

H.E.(Y GURL HEEEEEY)
Old 06-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #759
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

ok so I watch the show and read book two when I was locked up, can someone give me MAD spoilers please? I love spoilers!

ps4 psn: djKiddVicious
Old 07-01-2013, 01:38 AM   #760
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
ok so I watch the show and read book two when I was locked up, can someone give me MAD spoilers please? I love spoilers!
For your own good, get locked up again!

Seriously, best read. Or watched. Watching/reading the plot unfold isthe only way to really get the story properly. But if you insist on spoiling, I'd go to A Wiki of Ice and Fire.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #761
Brimdol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I just started reading the first book. If I skip some sleep, I might be halfway caught up before Season 4 starts.
I too have started this book...I like it. Halfway through.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #762
Victarion
Cut

I'm 500 pages into Storm of Swords and Dany's chapters haven't been as bad as I thought they would (based on mum talk in the tv show thread). Theon is much more likeable in the books; more competent than tv show Theon, who seems like an idiot. I'm going to throw out a rough theory based on what I've read so far.

There is an Azhor Ahai walking around Westeros or one of the other continents. According to Melisandre, there's the god R'hllor and the Other. Catelyn Stark as Lady Stoneheart is an avatar, or embodiment of the Other, a rallying point and leader for the Others and the wights. I think this Azhor Ahai will be closely linked to the Starks. That way, the big conflict would return to Winterfell, just as the whole plot expanded from Winterfell.

Do I need to tag this sort of stuff in the future?

If you want marvel babbies to stop torchering Idris Elba, copy and paste this into your signature.

Last edited by Victarion; 07-07-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #763
Nightwing
The Next Batman

Yes and you've not tagged it properly....its not covered

Avatar requests? PM me...I'll see what I can do.

Show some support to a budding writer

Old 07-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #764
Nightwing
The Next Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
Where are these pictures from?

Is there a Game of Thrones graphic novel?

Old 07-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #765
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

It's fan art.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #766
Nightwing
The Next Batman

Who is the fan?

Old 07-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #767
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

http://themico.deviantart.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
I'm 500 pages into Storm of Swords and Dany's chapters haven't been as bad as I thought they would (based on mum talk in the tv show thread). Theon is much more likeable in the books; more competent than tv show Theon, who seems like an idiot. I'm going to throw out a rough theory based on what I've read so far.
Really? I thought he was more unlikable in the book, the show made him more remorseful when he killed Rodrik and displayed the bodies of "Bran and Rickon." In terms of what he's done, he's more "evil" than Cersei (who I'd argue is the most "evil" character in the book) or anyone else because he betrayed the Starks for his family who had cast him aside. The only difference between him and Cersei is a) he's done in by his stupidity and b) (Very minor ADWD spoiler but season 3 already mentioned it) he's capable of redeeming himself since he regrets betraying Robb.

Last edited by Spidey-Bat; 07-07-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #768
Victarion
Cut

Theon seemed more diplomatic toward Prince Bran and Rickon in the book. I'm thinking of the scene where Theon sat on the edge of Bran's bed and explained how he was taking over Winterfell. In the show, I remember more a straight sacking and Rodrik's death. Oh, and I noticed that whereas the show uses actors for Tyrion and Ygritte that are more attractive than their book counterparts, Asha in the book seems more attractice than Yara. Book Stannis is more interesting than show Stannis. You have a sense of nobility about book Stannis that's there with show Stannis. However, there's also the fact that book Stannis headed a religious inquisition. It'd be interesting to see how show viewers would react to that.

Last edited by Victarion; 07-07-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #769
Nightwing
The Next Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
Does he frequent the hype?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #770
Victarion
Cut

I don't recall if the assassination attempt on Bran has been resolved,
I remember something about Littlefinger having a dragonbone dagger. Was it ever clarified that he was the one who wanted Bran dead, possibly to spite Ned?

Old 07-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #771
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I forget which book it was in...

Robert had won the dragonbone dagger from Tyrion by betting against Jamie in a tournament and gave it to Joffrey. After Bran fell, Robert was drunk and said something to the effect of the gods would be cruel to cripple Bran instead of just taking his life. So Joffrey hired the assassin and gave him the dagger to kill Bran to try to impress Robert. Littlefinger just said it was Tyrion's to further ignite animosity between the Starks and Lannisters

Old 07-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #772
Buford The Sly
Hit'n the deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
I forget which book it was in...

Robert had won the dragonbone dagger from Tyrion by betting against Jamie in a tournament and gave it to Joffrey. After Bran fell, Robert was drunk and said something to the effect of the gods would be cruel to cripple Bran instead of just taking his life. So Joffrey hired the assassin and gave him the dagger to kill Bran to try to impress Robert. Littlefinger just said it was Tyrion's to further ignite animosity between the Starks and Lannisters
I don't think Robert gave it to Joffrey. I thought Joffery just stole it from Robert's war chest or something.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #773
Buford The Sly
Hit'n the deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post

There is an Azhor Ahai walking around Westeros or one of the other continents. According to Melisandre, there's the god R'hllor and the Other. Catelyn Stark as Lady Stoneheart is an avatar, or embodiment of the Other, a rallying point and leader for the Others and the wights. I think this Azhor Ahai will be closely linked to the Starks. That way, the big conflict would return to Winterfell, just as the whole plot expanded from Winterfell.

Do I need to tag this sort of stuff in the future?
Well first off you cheated if you know about Lady Stoneheart only 500 pages into ASOS. (Unless you meant A Dance With Dragons)

Second your theory of
Azhor Ahai will be closely linked to the Starks.
is not far off IMO
I don't want to say too much since you have more books to go. But come back when you're done with ADWD and we'll bounce that Great Other theory around.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #774
Victarion
Cut

The possible ending shot for S3 speculation tipped me off on her and Mance's army. Those two are what finally got me to check out the books.

In your opinion, when do the Bran chapters start to drag? So far, so good (700 into ASOS).

Last edited by Victarion; 07-16-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #775
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

So i'm audio booking these things and i just started a clash of kings! This is amazing! This series is phenominal!

Oh and Roy Dotrice deserves like a life time achievement award for just being incredible. Total boss.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Closed Thread