The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 06-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #26
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: The Savage Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
There's no need for a reboot NOW. But do I think there should be a reboot someday? YES. in the late 20s or early 30s.

And if they managed to do time-travel and Sentinels in this upcoming film. Apocalypse and Sinister wouldn't be super impossible.
Agreed! Age of Apocalypse would be a terrific future film, since it is the inversion of the DOFP scenario.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #27
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

Savage Land would be so big time... Getting the X-Men outta of there comfort zone would be so exciting...

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #28
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

It would be very refreshing!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #29
Lord
All Mighty

The Ultimate X-Men explanation for Savage Land could work very well, as an experimente done by scientists or Magneto

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #30
Dasher10
Side-Kick

The real problem that I see with the Savage Land is that Sauron isn't a very compelling villain. I mean Apocalypse, Magneto, Sinister, Bastion, Selene, Juggernaut, Daken, Stryfe, Sabertooth, Cameron Hodge, Donald Pierce, Omega Red, Mystique, Emplate, Mikhail Rasputin, Fabian Cortez, Shadow King, Proteus, Silver Samurai, Genesis, Belladonna, Trevor Fitzroy, Empath, Spiral, Chimera, etc are all really cool villains and those are just the ones who can be a big bad. There are various goons who can also be seen, for instance, in both incarnations of the Brotherhood of Mutants, Avalanche, Post and Lady Mastermind still have yet to appear.

Once Sauron becomes the villain, I'll know that Fox has already run out of ideas. Even Mojo is cooler which is saying a LOT!

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #31
Lord
All Mighty

Sauron? Weak?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:42 AM   #32
krycek
Side-Kick

Sauron would be cool but not as the sole villain. Mixing him up with Garrok and Zaladane would work.

Another option is Mr. Sinister. It may not be true to the comics but the Savage Land episodes he was in from the animated series were awesome, and its a great way to have him as the main antagonist in a movie instead of just a henchman of Apocalypse. Throw in Sauron, Vertigo, the Mutates and Nasty Boys/Marauders and you've got a good collection of villains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.U.S.T.L.E. View Post
In addition to the Savage Land, it'd be fun to see things like Asteroid M, Shi'ar Empire/Starjammers, Genosha, Age of Apocalypse... you get the point, there's tons of stories that could be told on screen.
Seeing all of those would be great! Its kind of sad that we've been getting movies for 14 years and they've barely even scratched the surface of this franchise. I mean we're only now just getting to time travel and the Sentinels.

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #33
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
The real problem that I see with the Savage Land is that Sauron isn't a very compelling villain. I mean Apocalypse, Magneto, Sinister, Bastion, Selene, Juggernaut, Daken, Stryfe, Sabertooth, Cameron Hodge, Donald Pierce, Omega Red, Mystique, Emplate, Mikhail Rasputin, Fabian Cortez, Shadow King, Proteus, Silver Samurai, Genesis, Belladonna, Trevor Fitzroy, Empath, Spiral, Chimera, etc are all really cool villains and those are just the ones who can be a big bad. There are various goons who can also be seen, for instance, in both incarnations of the Brotherhood of Mutants, Avalanche, Post and Lady Mastermind still have yet to appear.

Once Sauron becomes the villain, I'll know that Fox has already run out of ideas. Even Mojo is cooler which is saying a LOT!
I think Sauron could work as a henchman or a supporting villain.

But I don't really imagine a green Aerodactyl appearing in a X-Men movie.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote