The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 06-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #176
Fading
>:(

Default Re: Dragon Age 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'll definitely get it for PS3 first, because I won't be getting a PS4 any time soon. But when I eventually buy it again for the PS4, I'd definitely want to be able to carry over my save. If I can't do that, I won't buy the next-gen version. I'm attached to my Warden, and I want my decisions to carry over.
I'm still iffy on it. If there's a way to backup my PS3 save files, and bring them over to PS4 (maybe through PSN+ cloud saving), I'll probably go with the PS4 version. Eventually DA 4 is going to come out for PS4, and not PS3, and it's probably going to use DA 3's save files.

Plus, I still haven't finished DA 2. I want to keep my saves going, but I have so much trouble getting into that game (I'm past the romance scene with your love interest). So I don't mind waiting until the PS4 version comes out. If you can't import your saves over, I might get the PS3 version then. I've put in too much time into DA Origins, and struggled to get as far as I have in DA 2, to get my saves ready for future sequels.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #177
Fading
>:(

I will say that I have one nagging problem at the DA direction. As happy as I am to see Morrigan back, I'm not as happy with all of the games being so close to eachtoher time line wise.

This isn't Mass Effect with the same main character. When DA first hit, I assumed it would be a series where each game takes place at an important moment in history in a specific age. I didn't think it would be where every game takes place within 5 years of eachother.

Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing. It just feels like they limited themselves a little. With Darkspawn only marching to the surface once every so once and awhile, it means this story is probably once again going to be less world saving, and more 1 countries politics again. I could easily be wrong though.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #178
iamlegend
Que es eso?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
I will say that I have one nagging problem at the DA direction. As happy as I am to see Morrigan back, I'm not as happy with all of the games being so close to eachtoher time line wise.

This isn't Mass Effect with the same main character. When DA first hit, I assumed it would be a series where each game takes place at an important moment in history in a specific age. I didn't think it would be where every game takes place within 5 years of eachother.

Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing. It just feels like they limited themselves a little. With Darkspawn only marching to the surface once every so once and awhile, it means this story is probably once again going to be less world saving, and more 1 countries politics again. I could easily be wrong though.
IDK, thus far Inquisitor seems less like one country at war... And more like an entire continent and potentially the world.

That said, I'll agree that the writers haven't been consistent with how they've wanted to approach the overall story of the 'Dragon Age.'

Old 06-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #179
bored
One Sexy Lemur

I kind of like the idea of another blight happening something like 20 years after the last one. Ups the desperation a bit, especially if it's painted as a bigger, more all-encompassing blight than before.

G D
H S
T
Y
bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #180
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Holy shnikes!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The green opening in the sky that the monsters fall out of....is that where Morrigan went through the mirror to? If so, does that mean the Warden will also be returning if he went with her? I wonder if the player will get the option to be her child? BW has confirmed that Origins are back. I wonder if Morrigan/Warden's child will be one of those?

Also, very glad to see Varric. He was easily the best part of DA2!
The tear in the sky was confirmed by Aaryn Flynn as being

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the fade being breached resulting in a demon invasion.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #181
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

The Doctor
Old 06-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #182
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

'Tactical Marketing Decision' Means It's Just Dragon Age: Inquisition

Old 06-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #183
iamlegend
Que es eso?

The creators already yakking about how this is an 'all-new chapter' rather than a linear continuation of the story suggests some rather large changes may be afoot.

I will say, it baffles me that this creative team can't seem to decide what it eats the series to be.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #184
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

From a business perspective its smart to portray this game as not being a sequel to DA2 but rather just being a entry in the series larger simply because DA2 has a lot of baggage surrounding it.

From a story perspective I don't think any of the DA sequels are going to be linear continuations of each other in the way that the ME games were so I get what they mean by all new chapter when you consider we've got a new lead, likely a whole new party (save for a few faces) and we've got a new big bad. I'm sure the over story is going to get progressed or what have you but I'm not expecting some big series end because this is the 3rd entry, especially now that they have dropped the number.

The Doctor

Last edited by Upset Spideyfan; 06-24-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #185
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...on-Screenshot-[Three-More-Added].html

Old 06-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #186
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

There's been speculation that the middle Qunari is the "Iron Bull" that was referenced in that leaked survey as a possible party member.

Quote:
The Iron Bull, a Tal-Vashoth drunken braggart who leads a deadly mercenary company. But "old habits may die hard".

The Doctor
Old 06-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #187
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I like his look!

Old 07-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #188
zenith16
Side-Kick

Ye olde Dragon Age saves to affect Dragon Age: Inquisition

(41 minutes ago)

While not going into explicit detail about how the system will function, BioWare producer Cameron Lee did reveal during PAX Australia that saves from previous Dragon Age titles will have an effect on the world of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

"It will absolutely come across," Lee said, adding that a player's past decisions "will matter" in the new game, although no further specifics were given about how someone's unique world history will be integrated into Inquisition.

Unlike the Mass Effect series and its perpetual Shepard, Dragon Age's installments are not branched by a single hero, but rather by the effect they may (or may not) have on the lore of the world. This initially sounds as though it may be an issue for players who buy the game for Xbox One or PlayStation 4, as they will presumably be unable to import their saves from current-gen systems, but writer Patrick Weekes noted that "you can have an equally rich experience no matter which platform you're playing on."

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #189
zenith16
Side-Kick

source:GI

Old 08-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #190
X Knight
Saber Class

wait!!! did that article just confirm that multiple player races are back??!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #191
zenith16
Side-Kick

yep.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #192
X Knight
Saber Class

great!!

cuz I've read recent articles saying you can only choose the Human race again for your character.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #193
Drz
Real Hero

@X Knight: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...96503#17096830

Due to the extension the developer team received, they we're able to finance animations + voice acting for the Player Elves and Dwarves.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #194
Raven X
Nevermore

great news that we can play as Elves again!!!

hopefully they won't look as bad as they did in DA 2 ( although Merrill was cute ).

Disney Lover!!
Raven X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #195
Raven X
Nevermore

I'm also hoping that they will ease the class restrictions a bit and give us more freedom over how to develop our main character.

like, if you want to build a sword and shield, melee centric battlemage, you should be able to do that.

no more of that "Mages can only use staves" from DA2.

Disney Lover!!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #196
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Cant wait for this

Old 08-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #197
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
@X Knight: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...96503#17096830

Due to the extension the developer team received, they we're able to finance animations + voice acting for the Player Elves and Dwarves.
awesome!! thanks.

loving all the new details. this is definitely my most anticipated next-gen game.

I really hope this time, with all the talk of choices and their impacts on the world, that your CLASS actually makes a difference in how others treat you.

if you're a Templar, you should be treated as a Templar. if you encounter mages, they should react accordingly.

same if you're a Blood Mage or Spirit Healer.

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 08-06-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #198
Drz
Real Hero

Dragon Age Insiquisition Gameinformer Summary:

Quote:
  • Wants to make the action less frantic and more deliberate, returning to more tactics-oriented approach to encounters. Big return to party-based tactics
  • Part of that is slowing down speed of attacks, more important is designing enemies that force you to examine the battlefield and choose actions carefully
  • Battles veer away from button mashing toward a structure where observation and reaction take precedence
  • Instead of swarming enemies, your foes have specialized roles; work together and force you to size up the battlefield
  • You won’t regularly see waves of new bad guys appearing out of nowhere to extend encounters
  • PC gamers getting an optimized version; “PC actually is different, especially from a controls standpoint”, trying to “recapture the very tailored experience of DA on PC”
  • Going from Eastern Ferelden to Western Orlais; repetitive environments are nowhere to be found in DAI like in DA2.
  • Players aren’t just funneled down narrow corridors, the demo showed a bog, desert, a mountain range, all enormous and freely explored in third person.
  • Lots of hidden things to find, caves, dungeons, corpses, etc that create other unique sidequests
  • “Trying to drive exploration- something that frankly, Bioware hasn’t done in a while.” “In a way like Baldur’s Gate, areas that existed in part just to spaces that you went to, but they had a story of their own.”
  • Want to make sure there a sufficient number of caves in the game that are each unique, and optional. If you have a mage in your group, you can use a spell to reassemble a crumbled bridge to reach a new area.
  • Can also restore a ruined desert outpost into an Inquisition stronghold
  • So much ground to cover that mounted creatures are implemented
  • Monsters, and dragons for example, do not level up with you. Some are vastly more powerful, forcing you to come back later with proper experience
  • Some environmental destructibility
  • Warrior class has grappling chain that can pull enemies in close
  • Enemy scenario: Fighting a massive, armored dragon, you can target a leg, send warrior into melee range to bash off armor, rogue can sneak up and poison the exposed limb, dragon stumbles around allowing others to unleash spells etc
  • Weather effects can impact exploration, ex. Rainfall, desert sandstorms
  • Rainy weather can make areas muddy, slowing down your traversal/agility in combat, while sandstorms can inflict damage causing you to seek shelter
  • A new mage joins your party, Vivienne
  • Both Varric and Cassandra also join you
  • Working hard to make large areas interesting; slopes, rocks, elevations and your character has tailored animations for overcoming each. Ease of movement key.
  • Morrigan is not a party member; not a cameo role though
  • Collect resources/materials and craft armor for you and all your party members; heavy emphasis on customization
  • Each armor retains a certain iconic look, but looks different on each character. They want the squadmates to each have an iconic look, but customize armor to tailor to each while retaining elements of that iconic look
  • 3 classes to choose from of course: Warrior, rogue, and mage
  • At least 3 races to choose from; when asked about Qunari, Mike Laidlaw says “Do we go to four? I don’t know. Definitely these are the safe bet”.
  • Your racial choice colors your interactions with others; for example elves may be persecuted in some parts, but an enclave of elves is more likely to open up to one of their own.
  • Chantry/Templars don’t respect your Inquisition, you have “persuade” them through your own means. You can come across a fortress and if refused entry, you can lay siege to it and break down the doors. What you do from there is your choice.
  • Hinting that you have a base of operations, maybe a castle to call your own
  • Dialogue wheel returns, but the team has focused a lot on making the selections accurate to what your character says. They’ve now added an optional addition to the wheel that gives you better idea of what to expect
  • A lot of loose ends will be resolved in the story; expect full resolutions to things like Red Lyrium, the activities of the Grey Wardens, and Flemeth, and also Morrigan
  • Working very hard to ensure your saves/decisions will carry over to next-gen consoles

Old 08-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #199
Raven X
Nevermore

I wonder if we will be able to customize the looks/attributes of our weapons, too.

Disney Lover!!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #200
Soapy
It's happening again...

A lot of that sounds good, and some of it sounds like they're just trying to rope in some of the Elder Scrolls fans.

I hope they get the Qunari playable.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote