The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 03:02 AM   #51
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,221
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogap87 View Post
Jeez. Tony must be tiny when out of the suit.
Have you seen the heel length on RDJ's shoes when he plays Tony? I had to laugh and I aint no 6'3" super stud either, but it was funny to see.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #52
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

There's a new interview with Jeph Loeb and Steven T. Seagle at Comic Book Resources. Here's a key line from Loeb:
Quote:
what's important is that this is a show that is told in an episodic way, so every single show that starts at the beginning of the hour will end in that half hour.
Sure, he goes on to say that there will be some emotional arcs that develop throughout the season, but forcing each episode to be one-and-done stories is what he forced Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes to do in its second season, which made it the weaker season in my opinion. I just think Loeb has it backwards--a TV series is the exact type of platform where serial storytelling should be encouraged.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #53
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,362
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Get over it. Not every show has to have season long arcs in order to be good.

Most episodes of B:TAS and Brave and the Bold were standalone half-hour episodes and stories.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #54
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Get over it. Not every show has to have season long arcs in order to be good.

Most episodes of B:TAS and Brave and the Bold were standalone half-hour episodes and stories.
I suppose the difference is that a big part of the appeal of Marvel characters to me is continuity and serial storytelling, whereas Batman and other DC characters historically had their roots in episodic storytelling. So sure, maybe Batman works well and best episodically (since Batman never really changes as a character), but I feel that Marvel characters are served best by serial, continuity-heavy shows like Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #55
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,362
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Well obviously there is a bigger story at work with the Avengers being placed opposite Red Skull's Cabal, but if the episodes stories are resolved in one episode, I don't see the problem.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #56
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick
 
bigdaddy313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 698
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I suppose the difference is that a big part of the appeal of Marvel characters to me is continuity and serial storytelling, whereas Batman and other DC characters historically had their roots in episodic storytelling. So sure, maybe Batman works well and best episodically (since Batman never really changes as a character), but I feel that Marvel characters are served best by serial, continuity-heavy shows like Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
Dude don't mind him, he is nothing, he is nothing more than a loser who doesn't respect anyone's opinion, he is very f**king rude.

Speak your mind and yes I agree with you, serial story telling are the most interesting type and it fits Marvel better. Until Jeph Loab and the rest of the crew leave you just have to make do with what you've got. Besides the show is tolerable at best it's not a bad show, the worst is still Avengers United The Stand.

Me my problem is the animation, it is not as good as USM and Hulk and the agent of S.M.A.S.H, it's nothing like the pics and posters they have showed us.

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #57
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,103
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

EASY people!

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #58
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,103
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Have you seen the heel length on RDJ's shoes when he plays Tony? I had to laugh and I aint no 6'3" super stud either, but it was funny to see.
He's not much taller than I am, and I'm 5' 6" tall

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #59
Venomfan
Side-Kick
 
Venomfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

what i dont get is why marvel feels the need to make the most popular character the leader. wolverine leading over cyclops, iron man over cap.

wolverine became so popular being the cool side character, kids didnt care that he wasnt the leader

tho going by that i'm suprised they haven't made spider-man a team leader

__________________
We're One, But We're Not The Same, We Get To Carry Each Other, Carry Each Other, One
Venomfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #60
THUNDERSTRIKE
YOU THINK THIS IS EASY?!?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ah goes and beez... where the **** ah please...
Posts: 3,270
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Wolverine as a team leader is so over-rated... I'm SICK of the popular characters being chosen over the smarter and more intelligent ones...

Wolverine is NOT the be-all and end-all of the Marvel mutants, despite what some of the die-hard Logan fans may say or think...

__________________
Getting older doesn't mean that it makes you that much smarter...
it just means that it gives you more time to become an even bigger **** than you already are.
(insert appropriate profanity of choice)


Destroyer of Castles...
Slayer of the fearful B***hWitch, her worshipping Lapdog Monkeyboy and her ancient Demon-OverLord...
I spit and piss on the ashes of their bones and consign them all to Hell.
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #61
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick
 
bigdaddy313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 698
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
Wolverine as a team leader is so over-rated... I'm SICK of the popular characters being chosen over the smarter and more intelligent ones...

Wolverine is NOT the be-all and end-all of the Marvel mutants, despite what some of the die-hard Logan fans may say or think...
I am a die-hard wolverine fan and even I think he is better as a follower than a leader even if he is the head master of the school now in the comics which is very interesting

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #62
Blade X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 622
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
The rating breakdowns don't show the key demo scores for Avengers Assemble. The data being shown doesn't tell the whole story.
Yes, I'm quite aware of that.

Quote:
Earth's Mightiest Heroes might've drawn the biggest total but that was in male adults 18-49. Sorry but that's not the audience Disney XD wants. They are aiming at younger males with their shows.
How do you know that the total viewership for A:EMH was for adults 18-49? Like the ratings for AA, those ratings for A:EMH didn't show the ratings for the key demographics. So for all we know A:EMH did hit the key young male demographics.

Quote:
Plus ratings are not as important as toy and merchandise sales, or as I see fans have already failed to learn that from
Very true.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #63
Blade X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 622
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Get over it. Not every show has to have season long arcs in order to be good.

Most episodes of B:TAS and Brave and the Bold were standalone half-hour episodes and stories.
Your uncalled for rudeness aside, this is very true. Sadly, both AA and USM are no where near as well written or well animated as either B:TAS and B:TB&TB.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #64
Blade X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 622
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
what i dont get is why marvel feels the need to make the most popular character the leader. wolverine leading over cyclops, iron man over cap.
Because the people in charge of the animated division,the marketing department,and possibly even the people on the creative side just don't "get it".

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #65
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,362
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Actually they do get it. Wolverine is a great character and he's one of the most popular characters that people respond to and are drawn to the most.

That's why a movie like First Class is the lowest grossing X-Men movie of all time. No Wolverine.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #66
Blade X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 622
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Actually they do get it. Wolverine is a great character and he's one of the most popular characters that people respond to and are drawn to the most.

That's why a movie like First Class is the lowest grossing X-Men movie of all time. No Wolverine.
Well if we are going to use that logic, then the reason why WATXM didn't last as long as X-MEN EVO or X-MEN TAS is because Wolverine was the leader in that show. Also, if everything with Wolverine as the focus performs better in terms of viewership, than the WOLVERINE ANIME would have gotten a 2nd season.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #67
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,362
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

That's not the reason it didn't last longer though.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #68
Blade X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 622
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
That's not the reason it didn't last longer though.
I know that and I never said that it was. I was only trying to point out that using your logic was faulty.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #69
r0derix
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 69
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

I think Blade X just got you there mate.

r0derix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #70
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,362
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
I know that and I never said that it was. I was only trying to point out that using your logic was faulty.
Your logic is the logic that's faulty. You say the people in charge don't "get it." What don't they get?

Iron Man is the most popular character out of any of the movie Avengers characters. It's no secret. Robert Downey Jr. is the biggest star and he got the heaviest marketing and promotion for Avengers. In Earth's Mightiest Heroes he was the leader for most of the show. And this was a show all the hardcore nerds claim to love desperately.

Also didn't all the haters say Ultimate Spider-Man was going to be done and gone after 52 episodes? Season three is already in production.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:11 AM   #71
Blade X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 622
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Your logic is the logic that's faulty. You say the people in charge don't "get it." What don't they get?
They "don't get" that the reason why some characters are so popular is because they are NOT THE LEADER or are in a POSITION OF AUTHORITY. People liked Wolverine because he was the loose cannon rebel who often opposed the leaders of the X-Men (Prof X and Cyclops). Just because a character is insanely popular doesn't mean that said character should be made leader of a team SOLELY because of said character's popularity.


Quote:
Iron Man is the most popular character out of any of the movie Avengers characters. It's no secret. Robert Downey Jr. is the biggest star and he got the heaviest marketing and promotion for Avengers. In Earth's Mightiest Heroes he was the leader for most of the show. And this was a show all the hardcore nerds claim to love desperately.
He was the first/original leader of the team in the comics. So him being made team leader was fine. Iron Man can lead a team, Wolverine cannot (and should not). That being said, he was only made the team leader in AA solely because of his popularity, which is unnecessary and pointless since he was not the team leader or main focus in the AVENGERS movie (Wheedon has gone on record as saying this movie was mainly about Cap). Kids don't care if IM is the leader as long as he is in the show (the same goes for Wolverine).

Quote:
Also didn't all the haters say Ultimate Spider-Man was going to be done and gone after 52 episodes? Season three is already in production.
Which has absolutely nothing to do with what we were just discussing.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #72
THUNDERSTRIKE
YOU THINK THIS IS EASY?!?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ah goes and beez... where the **** ah please...
Posts: 3,270
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
They "don't get" that the reason why some characters are so popular is because they are NOT THE LEADER or are in a POSITION OF AUTHORITY. People liked Wolverine because he was the loose cannon rebel who often opposed the leaders of the X-Men (Prof X and Cyclops). Just because a character is insanely popular doesn't mean that said character should be made leader of a team SOLELY because of said character's popularity.
ABSOLUTELY that...

__________________
Getting older doesn't mean that it makes you that much smarter...
it just means that it gives you more time to become an even bigger **** than you already are.
(insert appropriate profanity of choice)


Destroyer of Castles...
Slayer of the fearful B***hWitch, her worshipping Lapdog Monkeyboy and her ancient Demon-OverLord...
I spit and piss on the ashes of their bones and consign them all to Hell.
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #73
OB12
Side-Kick
 
OB12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,195
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Get over it. Not every show has to have season long arcs in order to be good.

Most episodes of B:TAS and Brave and the Bold were standalone half-hour episodes and stories.
With all due respect, I wish you would stop telling people to 'Get over it'. I don't see Mod next to your name so I don't see why you feel the need to interject and try to moderate the conversation. I've seen your posts in other forums and you are not nearly as hostile elsewhere, so I'm not sure why the Marvel animation forums brings out these types of responses. The fact is people shouldn't have to to 'Get over' anything. Marvel should expect these types of responses as previous iterations of beloved characters were handled very well, summarily cancelled, and being replaced by what appears to be lesser versions. AA doesn't quite look like the pile of hot garbage that is USM, but at first glance it doesn't seem to measure up to the standard that A:EMH set before it. We'll see how it goes I suppose, but the comparisons are natural and probably unavoidable. JMO.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #74
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,362
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

With all due respect, I wish a lot of people would stop trashing Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man and doing online petitions about Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Shows that are never coming back. Just like Young Justice and its pathetic failed SMGO campaign.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #75
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 67,525
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Disagree on the first part, agree on the second. Petitions for this kind of stuff are so one-in-a-million that I honestly wonder why people still attempt them.

But trash them all you want, they're probably a deserving target.

__________________
My Current Thoughts on the "All Things Superman/Batman" Thread:
1. UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
2. Give Me News, Or Get the Hell Out.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.