The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Who should play Doctor Strange?
Richard Armitage 18 8.49%
Adrian Brody 17 8.02%
Jim Caviezel 26 12.26%
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau 14 6.60%
Benedict Cumberbatch 43 20.28%
John Cusack 6 2.83%
Patrick Dempsey 11 5.19%
David Duchovny 4 1.89%
Jean Dujardin 7 3.30%
Joel Edgerton 7 3.30%
John Hawkes 6 2.83%
Oscar Isaac 10 4.72%
Jason Isaacs 7 3.30%
Jude Law 13 6.13%
Jeffrey Dean Morgan 7 3.30%
Viggo Mortensen 57 26.89%
Liam Neeson 15 7.08%
Timothy Olyphant 11 5.19%
Clive Owen 8 3.77%
Lee Pace 4 1.89%
Joachin Phoenix 9 4.25%
Michael Sheen 10 4.72%
Alexander Skarsgard 6 2.83%
Mark Strong 14 6.60%
David Tenant 21 9.91%
Karl Urban 10 4.72%
Christoph Waltz 13 6.13%
Other/None of the above 45 21.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #51
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: Doctor Strange Casting Poll **NEW**

If he doesn't get Doctor Doom, I'd like Rufus Sewell for Doctor Strange.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 04-17-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #52
tvor03
Side-Kick

According to rumors over at CHUD, Justin Theroux is up for the role.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #53
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

I hope they cast an older actor for Dr Strange. My choice would be Viggo.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:17 AM   #54
MrSpoiler15
Banned User

Last edited by MrSpoiler15; 04-29-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #55
Kiltman
E-list Character

If they decide to go a little younger for Strange (though he'd be 40/41 when they would film the first film)

Thoughts on Bradley Cooper?

He'd pull of pre powers Strange for sure, as he's played similar characters before. But he definitely has a much wider range, and has started to really show it.....especially in Silver Linings Playbook, which he was fantastic in.

Plus as someone who was born in Philadelphia, it'd be kinda cool to have one of our own play one of the very few heroes "born" here too....probably wouldn't effect much....but it'd make me happy to get even one reference to it ha.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #56
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpoiler15 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
LOL, back in the day this dude was getting suggested for Tony Stark ALL the damn time.

"He was awesome in the Mummy and has a goatee, he'd be PERFECT!"

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #57
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Oded Fehr is definitely a good choice. But I still think Viggo is the way to go.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #58
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltman View Post
If they decide to go a little younger for Strange (though he'd be 40/41 when they would film the first film)

Thoughts on Bradley Cooper?

He'd pull of pre powers Strange for sure, as he's played similar characters before. But he definitely has a much wider range, and has started to really show it.....especially in Silver Linings Playbook, which he was fantastic in.

Plus as someone who was born in Philadelphia, it'd be kinda cool to have one of our own play one of the very few heroes "born" here too....probably wouldn't effect much....but it'd make me happy to get even one reference to it ha.
^^^^

One of those brilliant suggestions that makes you feel dumb for not thinking of it first.

I like it a lot. Ticks so many boxes it's unreal.

Good actor? Check.
Would look similiar to the character? Check.
Name recognition (but no so much of a star that it would be a hindrance)? Check.
Female fan-base? Check.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:57 PM   #59
anaque
Newbie First Class

Luke Evans for Dr Strange

Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #60
Blackman
C'mon Son

Brody all the way

Old 05-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #61
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

I don't know how others feel, but I've always thought that Matt Bomer would be a great choice as Doctor Strange. I'm thoroughly entertained by his work on White Collar & he's shown really good range in his portrayal as master forger/conman extraordinaire Neal Caffrey.

Just my suggestion...

Old 05-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #62
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

If Luke Evans doesn't land Batman, I'm all for him playing Dr. Strange.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #63
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Dempsey:

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 05-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #64
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

I just saw Star Trek Into Darkness so I'm on a complete Benedict Cumberbatch high, so my vote goes to Benedict Cumberbatch.

Hell, I want Cumberbatch to be in any Marvel movie at this point. I want Cumberbatch's voice in any Marvel movie at this point. Cumberbatch for Rocket Raccoon, Cumberbatch for Groot, Cumberbatch for anybody, man.

I thought he was pretty good.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #65
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I absolutely adore Cumberbatch as an actor. Have done since I first saw Sherlock when it was 1st aired here in the UK. The guys so good [not to mention unique and interesting] that he'd be great in most roles and I'd love to see him in a Marvel movie (much like I'd like to see Michael C. Hall too]) and while I've previously endorsed him playing Strange on here in the past someone has since suggested him as Victor Von Doom and to be honest, from that moment, I just cant get past how perfect that would be.

I've recently gone with Cooper for Strange but hey, I wouldnt exactly be crying in my pillow if Benedict was given the Eye of Agamotto.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #66
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
I absolutely adore Cumberbatch as an actor. Have done since I first saw Sherlock when it was 1st aired here in the UK. The guys so good [not to mention unique and interesting] that he'd be great in most roles and I'd love to see him in a Marvel movie (much like I'd like to see Michael C. Hall too]) and while I've previously endorsed him playing Strange on here in the past someone has since suggested him as Victor Von Doom and to be honest, from that moment, I just cant get past how perfect that would be.

I've recently gone with Cooper for Strange but hey, I wouldnt exactly be crying in my pillow if Benedict was given the Eye of Agamotto.
Yes Cumberbatch for Dr. Strange. Michael C. Hall should be Daredevil....

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Old 05-20-2013, 06:05 AM   #67
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Oh yes. I could live with that.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #68
Project862006
Banned User

Cumberbatch is Brainiac

Old 06-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #69
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Digging this dusty old thread back up, since Dr. Strange has been confirmed for an SDCC 2013 official announcement next month, and the boards are lighting up about it everywhere but here.

I can't link to CBM, as everyone here knows, but just search a few of the articles on the front page. Especially from TheDailySuperHero, who's got a lot of info about the emerging details of the Dr. Strange movie. Eh Maybe (aka El Mayimbe) also weighs in, for those who actually still give him any credibility, and willingly "reveals" plot details on his Vimeo channel, beginning with Part 1 this week. HEAVY SPOILER ALERT, if there's any truth at all to Eh Maybe's source, but the story sounds plausible so far:

http://latino-review.com/2013/06/25/...vealed-part-1/

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #70
Heliflyer
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Digging this dusty old thread back up, since Dr. Strange has been confirmed for an SDCC 2013 official announcement next month, and the boards are lighting up about it everywhere but here.

I can't link to CBM, as everyone here knows, but just search a few of the articles on the front page. Especially from TheDailySuperHero, who's got a lot of info about the emerging details of the Dr. Strange movie. Eh Maybe (aka El Mayimbe) also weighs in, for those who actually still give him any credibility, and willingly "reveals" plot details on his Vimeo channel, beginning with Part 1 this week. HEAVY SPOILER ALERT, if there's any truth at all to Eh Maybe's source, but the story sounds plausible so far:

Apply Occam's Razor here:

Which is the simplest situation?

An already discredited blogger and BS artist somehow gets ahold of a copy of a million dollar script for a movie that will, at the earliest be in pre-production in 12 months, is allowed to read it and post it online without a little jingle from the Marvel Legal Department....

or....

A discredited blogger, BS artists and liar hears some random crap, perhaps gets a few old notes from early drafts, concocts a wild scenario to bring clicks to his fundraising project with no jingle from Marvel Legal....

One cut from Occam's Razor says that #2 is the obvious answer.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #71
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliflyer View Post
Apply Occam's Razor here:

Which is the simplest situation?

An already discredited blogger and BS artist somehow gets ahold of a copy of a million dollar script for a movie that will, at the earliest be in pre-production in 12 months, is allowed to read it and post it online without a little jingle from the Marvel Legal Department....

or....

A discredited blogger, BS artists and liar hears some random crap, perhaps gets a few old notes from early drafts, concocts a wild scenario to bring clicks to his fundraising project with no jingle from Marvel Legal....

One cut from Occam's Razor says that #2 is the obvious answer.

I'm not a fan of Eh Maybe at all, and he's likely to be full of b.s.; but, as you say, it's probably based on old information that may or may not still be part of the working draft. In any event, the main thing I wanted to do here was to bring back discussion of Doc Strange, since what *isn't* b.s. is the fact that this movie is now A Thing, and will officially be named as such at SDCC next month, and we're starting to get some info and speculation about it now at long last.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #72
Heliflyer
Banned User

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Eh Maybe at all, and he's likely to be full of b.s.; but, as you say, it's probably based on old information that may or may not still be part of the working draft. In any event, the main thing I wanted to do here was to bring back discussion of Doc Strange, since what *isn't* b.s. is the fact that this movie is now A Thing, and will officially be named as such at SDCC next month, and we're starting to get some info and speculation about it now at long last.
Point taken and received! And Doctor Strange was the very first comic I was allowed to have a subscription for! I grew up in a VERY VERY VERY small and isolated Adirondack Mountain town and got into comics around grade 6. The very first Marvel comic I bought was an issue of Powerman and Iron Fist, the issue with "El Scorpion" - can still picture that cover....but this was the day when Marvel still had that little page you would cut out (that makes collectors cringe!), fill out, and mail in with a check....I loved the name Doctor Strange, had no idea who or what he was, just liked the name...

Pisser came when I realized it was bi-monthly! Imagine a 10 year old having to wait 6-8 weeks for his first comic in the remote (read HillbillyLand) hinterlands. When that first issue hit my mailbox I was hooked! LOVED Strange!!! It was issue 60 of the late 70s/early 80s series. Had a full cover low-angle of Strange and the story was how he was in "Despair" from losing Clea, after she went back to the Dark Dimension.

Loved the character because he had a romantic side as well as a side that could do some serious S****!!!

So, Doctor Strange, welcome to the MCU!!!!

(And Jon Hamm IS Doctor Strange!!!)

Old 06-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #73
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I still think Rufus Sewell should be Strange.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #74
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

I lost interest when they started begging for money.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #75
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I lost interest when they started begging for money.
Don't you want a DVD copy of their fan film?

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Closed Thread