The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #401
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Default Re: The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

if you say "jif" you're a hipster, terrorist, or peanut butter salesman. or all 3.

dictated, not read.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #402
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
BTAS Episode: I Am the Night

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/536...ed-series-btas
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Those were definitely some of the highlights of this ep. Eventhough the episode as a whole is very memorable including the Jazzman scenes.
I always found Jazzman's determination to kill Gordon a little frightening especially for a family show. This guy attempted to kill Gordon twice in one ep. On the second attempt he even broke out of prison to kill Gordon. That climax at the hospital always had me on the edge as a kid.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #403
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Notable thing about 'I am the Night' is Batman giving up being Batman because he thinks he failed Gordon. I loved that scene in the cave where he rips his mask off and throws it into the abyss.

- The Joker
Old 06-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #404
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Exactly! It's a very powerful moment seeing my favorite superhero give up his war on crime out of anger and guilt over Gordon nearly dying. The dialogue and everything leading to that moment was very well executed. Conroy's line delivery was perfect. I've never seen Batman so depressed and in such emotional pain before in B:TAS. Definitely one of the strongest Batman character arcs on the show, imo.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #405
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

It's the only episode in the original run where somebody got shot.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #406
Venomfan
Side-Kick

one thing i realised while rewatching this, is that despite a ton of fans saying they consider this show the definitive version of batman, there were quite a few things that batman does that don't fit the dark and dreary version it seems the same fans like. for one batman makes a lot of jokes and doesn't seem depressed at all. as bruce it seems like hes having fun with alfred a lot. if you watch this show and then watch justice league, the batman character really is portayed a lot differently

Old 06-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #407
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

The character does "evolve" I just always attribute the gradual change to things taking a toll as time goes by...

hes a real dead serious prick by the time TNBA rolled around....I personally did not like the added coldness at all. I get everyone loves the Superman is an alien but very human and batman is the opposite, but Batman lost too much of his "humanity" when he became colder..the disappearance of Bruce Wayne as the series progressed didnt help matters either.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #408
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

BTAS Episode: Almost Got ‘Im

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/538...ed-series-btas

Trivia

Quote:
  • Every time the viewer gets to see Two-Face's hand, he always has 2 deuces (twos), and two face cards, a play on his name. In one shot he also has a four (two times two) and is seen pouring "half and half" in his coffee.
  • The Joker's hand at the end is four aces and a Joker. Every time we see his hand he always has at least one ace (due to cheating). He also cheats by looking at Two-Face's hand.
  • The Joker cracks a joke at Poison Ivy about her use of "exploding pumpkins". Two years after this episode, Mark Hamill, who voices the Joker, would voice the Hobgoblin on the 1994 television series Spider-Man, a supervillain who utilizes exploding pumpkin bombs.
  • The Penguin's and the Joker's stories all happened recently, with the Penguin having freshly escaped from his crime a few weeks before and the Joker's being just the night before (he must have planned for this). Poison Ivy's story is set the previous Halloween, and Two-Face's story happened some undetermined time ago.
  • Two-Face's story is based on an original Two-Face deathtrap from the comics where both Batman and Robin were tied to the penny that was catapulted onto spikes. In the comics, they used the radios to create a "negative magnetic field" to repel the spikes and cause them to land "good side up", snapping the ropes and defeating Two-Face. By comparison, the solution in the animated version is much more plausible.
  • The Two Ton Gang's capture of Batman possibly represents the only time in the DCAU storyline that the Dark Knight is physically overpowered by non-metahumans.
  • Two-Face's comment of "Half of me wants to strangle her" and the other half wanting to "hit her with a truck" indicates that killing Poison Ivy is the only thing both sides seem to agree on.
  • Killer Croc's story was directly referenced in the webcomic Impy and Aevy.
  • A Read-Along story tape version of this story was released, though the Poison Ivy segment was left out.
  • There are several animation goofs in Two-Face's story. Early on, he removes Batman's utility belt, yet it sporadically reappears on Batman throughout the tale; the first time, with Two-Face actually holding it in his hands.
  • None of the hummingbirds have feet, although this was probably just to make them easier to animate.
  • Since Batman was acting as Croc the whole time it is safe to say that the story is made up, but it oddly fits a scene in "Sideshow", an episode made/aired later than this. It is possible that the event actually happened and that Batman is telling it as Croc would.
  • Two-Face tells Ivy that they let Batman keep the giant penny, thus providing a new origin for the piece of memorabilia he keeps in the Batcave. In the Justice League episode "Starcrossed", The Flash would use it to defeat a group of invading Thanagarians.
  • Ivy makes a reference to the group that she and Two-Face used to date (while Harvey Dent was still the District Attorney), an event that occurred in the episode "Pretty Poison".
  • This marks the second time Batman disguises himself in order lure his enemies into a trap. The first time was in "The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy".
  • Killer Croc proves to have a fascination with assaulting Batman with rocks, suggesting it as a punishment for Batman in the episode "Trial".
  • Assuming Killer Croc to have been Batman in disguise the entire episode, Batman portrays Croc as stupid. This contradicts the previous Killer Croc episode "Vendetta" in which Croc is shown to be rather intelligent (enough so to work as a mob hitman and frame Harvey Bullock for murder).
  • This is the second episode to show Batman bleeding, following "On Leather Wings".
  • It is odd that Catwoman can get along with Harley in Gotham Girls, as Harley tries to kill Catwoman in this episode and makes a reference to mistreating a cat. ("I had a kitty once. You know, they don't always land on their feet".)
  • This is the first reference to Ivy's natural immunity to poisons, referenced again in "Harley and Ivy", among other episodes.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #409
Happy Jack
Iconographer

One of the show's best episodes, easily.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #410
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Of course, it's just so much fun.

Still can't believe he hit Harley off screen.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Last edited by Pfeiffer-Pfan; 06-25-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #411
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

I'm gonna make gifsets for each of the those segments either today or tomorrow. There's so many great moments in this episode.

Oh and Pfeiffer-Pfan, I didn't know how to respond on tumblr but i'm eventually gonna buy Batman Beyond S03, I just hope the price goes down sometime soon.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #412
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

'I threw a rock at him' has to be the funniest moment in the entire series. The facial expressions of the villains when the camera pans around to their reactions is what makes it.

Love this episode. Easily one of my favorites. Timm was always wary of villain team up type episodes, saying they never worked. He never liked it in 'The strange secret of Bruce Wayne' episode. But here it totally works because it's not even a team up. It's just villains having a night off. Hanging out and playing cards and swapping stories.

- The Joker
Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #413
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Every-time I see it cracks me up. It never gets old for me.. Joker.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 06-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #414
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Rock-throwing aside, my personal highlights of the episode were the reveals of Batman and the cops. That was awesome.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #415
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/539...ed-series-btas

Old 06-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #416
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
one thing i realised while rewatching this, is that despite a ton of fans saying they consider this show the definitive version of batman, there were quite a few things that batman does that don't fit the dark and dreary version it seems the same fans like. for one batman makes a lot of jokes and doesn't seem depressed at all. as bruce it seems like hes having fun with alfred a lot.
I love all these things about BTAS. It hit that sweet spot between dark and fun.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #417
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 06-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #418
Dave McFly
1951-2014

I love that last one

Batman: "Here, I owe you a quarter" *flips coin*

XBOXLIVE!: davemcfly85
PSN ID: davemcfly85
Old 06-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #419
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

I agree it's an excellent ep that I can look at repeatedly. The animation is great and the premise is very well executed. I remember being excited everytime this ep would air when I was a kid. The ending was also a nice touch. This ep. had so many great moments, imo. I find it interesting during the conclusion of Almost Got 'Im when Catwoman and Batman talked about being together without the freaks and masks someday. Lo and behold Nolan & Goyer conclude their trilogy with Bruce and Selina living together (without the masks and freaks) hapilly ever after. Kind of makes me wonder.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #420
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Any chance those two goons survived that coin dropping on them? Probably paralyzed.

Anyways I always found it very clever how Batman got Two-Face's coin and used it to get loose from the ropes. Two-Face took something valuable away from Batman (his utility belt) and Bats does the same to Dent.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #421
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 06-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #422
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Curses! I would grab the wrong umbrella!

- The Joker
Old 06-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #423
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Aviary of DOOM!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #424
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

The other mundane miscreants had no drama in their souls!

- The Joker
Old 06-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #425
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Oswald put Batman through a lot of crap that season. Aside from what he put Batman through in this ep. with those poison tipped birds and that cassowary. In another ep. he shot Batman with a dose of knock out gas (leaving him unconcious for most of the ep.), then blinded him in another ep., and took control of his batmobile (just like in BR) in another ep.

Closed Thread