The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #451
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN91 View Post
"Seth Rogers"?
Must be Steve's stunt double twin.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #452
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Doesn't mean a film version has to be. MS isn't doing straight up adaptations anyway.

But regardless it's the wrong storyline, I was thinking of Planet Hulk.
God, I hate to give Eh Maybe the benefit of the doubt, but I'm starting to wonder myself if there might be a grain of truth to the Planet Hulk rumor after all. I could see TA2 be about the team falling apart from within (didn't Whedon hint at that recently?), and the Avengers wind up taking on the "Illuminati" role in choosing to exile Hulk from earth. Cue TIH2: Planet Hulk as a phase III film circa 2016-2018, and TA3 could feature the team in a full scale mini-Civil War/ World War Hulk derivative/amalgam.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #453
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

eh, I kinda doubt it

Old 06-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #454
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
eh, I kinda doubt it
Eh...maybe.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #455
marcvader
Lurker #1

Screw that civil war talk.

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
Old 06-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #456
Mr. Dent

That torture chair looks freaking insane. I'm guessing that happens after they're captured by the SHIELD Task Force. Would also be the prime place to reveal Alexander Pierce as the Red Skull

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 06-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #457
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
That torture chair looks freaking insane. I'm guessing that happens after they're captured by the SHIELD Task Force. Would also be the prime place to reveal Alexander Pierce as the Red Skull
My biggest fear is that this movie turns into SM3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #458
Mr. Dent

How would it turn into SM3?

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
Old 06-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #459
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
How would it turn into SM3?
Too many villains, a convoluted plot, misuse of one of the villains and having to deal with Cap's personal problems on top of it all.

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #460
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Old 06-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #461
Mr. Dent

^ Cool. I never bought him only being a SHIELD Task Force member. I even doubt he's really SHIELD and is more likely doing an inside job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Too many villains, a convoluted plot, misuse of one of the villains and having to deal with Cap's personal problems on top of it all.
I think that's a bad example because all of the CONFIRMED villains are lackys. There isn't a clear main villain in the bunch. SM3 had multiple main villains.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #462
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think that's a bad example because all of the CONFIRMED villains are lackys. There isn't a clear main villain in the bunch. SM3 had multiple main villains.
I know, but when people suggest there may be other main villains (pure speculation), I get kind of worried.
It's just my own paranoia because I think it's an easy trap for a CBM to fall into.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #463
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
I didn't get to see this. It would a terrible, mysterious shame if pics were to appear in my pm box.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 06-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #464
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
this makes me think Rumlow will become Crossbones over the course of the film. Maybe he starts off as a SHIELD agent who means well, and by the end of the film he has a personal grudge against Cap. Avengers 2 he joins MoE as Crossbones!!

Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #465
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
this makes me think Rumlow will become Crossbones over the course of the film. Maybe he starts off as a SHIELD agent who means well, and by the end of the film he has a personal grudge against Cap. Avengers 2 he joins MoE as Crossbones!!

Nah....enough with these "save them for the next film" ****teases. They cast Grillo as Crossbones, not "Brock Rumlow, Bad Cop." Crossbones has a great costume, a modern look and personality, and could sell a ton of action figures and merch. "Brock Rumlow, Bad Cop?" Not so much.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #466
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Doesn't mean a film version has to be. MS isn't doing straight up adaptations anyway.

But regardless it's the wrong storyline, I was thinking of Planet Hulk.
Eh, that's broadly true, but in the case of World War Hulk, there are so many problematic aspects that changing them all would leave the movie completely unrecognizable. You don't want the Hulk as the villain of the piece, but you also don't want to villainize all the other heroes. . . and even if you use some actual villains as the cause, having Hulk rampage over the world still makes him out as just as bad.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #467
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Nah....enough with these "save them for the next film" ****teases. They cast Grillo as Crossbones, not "Brock Rumlow, Bad Cop." Crossbones has a great costume, a modern look and personality, and could sell a ton of action figures and merch. "Brock Rumlow, Bad Cop?" Not so much.
My main point is that I think we'll see Rumlow become Crossbones in the movie based on Grillo's tweets. Its seems like he'll possibly start off as a SHIELD agent as in not a mole and then later change teams. Believe me I want to see Crossbones in this.

edit: either way though Crossbones joining the MoE would be good news to me!

Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #468
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

why are we forgetting the fact that the red skull went into space/another dimension? How can Pierce be him?

Old 06-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #469
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
I know, but when people suggest there may be other main villains (pure speculation), I get kind of worried.
It's just my own paranoia because I think it's an easy trap for a CBM to fall into.

The main villain is probably one of the actors we already know is in the film. We haven't seen this production frantically adding actor after actor like DOFP or ASM2.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #470
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
why are we forgetting the fact that the red skull went into space/another dimension? How can Pierce be him?
There has been more than one Red Skull in the comics. Johann Schmidt was one of the men behind the mask, but others arose to fill the role as the decades after WWII passed.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #471
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Yeah, I don't buy the Skully theory at all. I think Skull is still out there somewhere, and has yet to make his return until *at least* Cap 3. Or a long shot at Avengers 2.

Instead, if Pierce is just a disguise (as seems likely), he's probably a regular Cap baddie like Zemo, Strucker, or Faustus; or --- the most likely of all --- Aleksander Lukin. Since Lukin was the actual handler of Winter Soldier in the comics. Plus, Aleksander = Alexander.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #472
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
There has been more than one Red Skull in the comics. Johann Schmidt was one of the men behind the mask, but others arose to fill the role as the decades after WWII passed.

I am well aware, believe me, my best friend is obsessed/infatuated with the character, so I know everything there is to know about the skull lol..but it's the movies.

There is NO WAY there will be more than one red skull....the second captain america movie with a different red skull..it's just weird...especially since the skull isn't a mask in the MCU.

The Red Skull is a failed attempt at a super soldier, it wouldn't make sense to have there be another "failed" attempt...or just an ordinary evil guy be a new red skull, who wears a mask as homage.

I know it's premature, but I can say with a full feeling of confidence that Pierce is NOT the red skull, or a red skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, I don't buy the Skully theory at all. I think Skull is still out there somewhere, and has yet to make his return until *at least* Cap 3. Or a long shot at Avengers 2.

Instead, if Pierce is just a disguise (as seems likely), he's probably a regular Cap baddie like Zemo, Strucker, or Faustus; or --- the most likely of all --- Aleksander Lukin. Since Lukin was the actual handler of Winter Soldier in the comics. Plus, Aleksander = Alexander.

remember your little idea about a secret invasion? In the comics, earth is off limmits right now. If we wanna talk about disguise, maybe Pierce could be some shape shifting alien infiltrating earth for whatever reason..could tie everything together...space and politics on earth

Last edited by jaqua99; 06-27-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #473
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Looks like the torture chair we saw yesterday isn't for CA or BW. Seems like the author of that story was told to take the photo down by Marvel, citing intellectual property laws.

Quote:
The Daily SuperHero ‏@DailySuperHero 12h
@mhousej21 It's obviously a very important scene to the plot which is protected under IP laws. Pulling it makes it bigger news, IMO.
Quote:
The Daily SuperHero ‏@DailySuperHero 2h
I can assure you that 'chair' from my #CaptainAmerica CBM post last night is NOT for #SteveRogers or #BlackWidow. #CaptainAmerica2
Thinking it's probably the chair used for brainwashing operatives such as WS.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #474
BeserkerHilf
Side-Kick

Can they really claim that scoops are illegal?

The Stack Podcast - A Pop-Culture Junkies podcast not limited to comics.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:07 AM   #475
Jammat
Side-Kick

Quote:
We don't know where he went, all we know is that he disapeared while holding the Cosmic Cube, and that the Cosmic Cube was in SHIELD's hands for several decade. If it sent him away to whoever knows where, it could bring him back.

Closed Thread