The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 06-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #201
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

I'm so excited for this.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #202
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caped Crusader View Post
Oh.. and I'll drop this here.

Where did you find this....?? but I bet it's 150plus.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #203
Caped Crusader
The One Man Who Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Where did you find this....?? but I bet it's 150plus.
Saw it on twitter!

Caped Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #204
JackWhite
Third Man

I'm sure a lot of us here own the entire trilogy a few times over, thanks to double-dipping. Whether it be due to upgrading from DVD to Blu Ray, or already owning BB/TDK but buying them all over again to get TDKR with the first trilogy boxset that came out last Christmas. I already double dipped with both BB/TDK and if I buy the UCE of the trilogy that will bring me into triple dipping territory.

So what I'm getting at is, what are the features that this "Ultimate Collectors Edition" has to have for you to purchase it? I'm thinking it had better include at least two of these:

- Director's commentary/Main cast commentary for all three films.
- New transfers for both BB and TDK.
- Previously unreleased BTS footage, like the Bat-pod stunt from TDKR that recently surfaced.
- Some form of a trilogy retrospective like "Ending The Knight" on TDKR Blu Ray.

These two are most likely a no go, but could be a big deal if Chris caved in:

- Bonus scenes from all three films, but most importantly from TDKR. Bane's origin scene is the main one that comes to mind.
- TDKR: The extended cut. Obviously extremely doubtful, but it's definitely something that would be gratefully accepted.

Add anymore that you guys feel would make the boxset worthwhile.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #205
Anno_Domini
Banned User

- What we definitely need, imo, are commentaries indeed. Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer all doing one commentary for each film and maybe Christian Bale doing another just by himself, his views of Batman's villains in each film, and Bruce Wayne's arc of the entire trilogy.

- New transfers would be amazing, although I always thought BB needed one more than TDK.

- Behind the scenes, but only through featurettes, I think, would be a given. I think an ultimate collection should have plenty of featurettes.

What I HOPE for, but I don't know if it'll be a for sure thing:

- Some kind of feature speaking of a retrospective as you mentioned. I don't think it will be necessary, but it would be nice nonetheless.

- Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman commentary for all three films

- A "Gotham Live" featurette. A news snippet speaking on the events after the siege that TDKR didn't have time to delve into.

- Deleted scenes. I doubt Nolan will add them into the final cuts and make extended versions, but it would be nice to see ALL of the deleted scenes from all three films. Joker leaving the penthouse and entering a car to leave comes to mind.

- A retrospective on the evolution of all the characters from the trilogy that were in the comics. Going from when they were created and down the line to how Nolan perceived them.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #206
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

I would give my future first born if we can have a commentary by Nolan and/or Bale. And more BTS stuff please!

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #207
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

-Retrospective
-Looking more at the pre-production, the garage stage, models, writing, ideas that were tossed around but not used
-New transfers for BB and TDK
-Just any more behind the scenes stuff

Not needed but it would be a nice addition:
-Chris, Jonah, Goyer and Bale commentary track
-Deleted scenes
-Extended TDKR

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #208
TauHeel05
Side-Kick

Where is Warners with the announcement? And it better be good...

TauHeel05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #209
kguillou
Side-Kick

I'm guessing they're waiting for comic con to announce the ult. trilogy set like Marvel did last year with the Phase One box set.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #210
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Found this over on Nolanfans. It's too awesome to be legit though:

http://www.infibeam.com/Movies/dark-...-CE1C45FAB1003
Oh my God, if this is actually legit, I may have to buy this.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #211
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

That looks awesome glad I didn't buy TDKR to wait for this if it's as good as it looks.

I am however gonna be cynical and say that I will be SO disappointed if those books turn out to be "The art of The Dark Knight Trilogy" reworded or something very very similar to it and that pretty much all we pay for are 3 mini replicas of Bat's vehicles.

God those discs better each be full of content!

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #212
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #213
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Those models, while not enough to make me buy the trilogy pack if they don't have new stuff on the discs, are much nicer than I was expecting.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #214
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I don't think they'll look anywhere near that decent in person.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #215
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

I wonder if those books are new things or just reissued variations of other TDK art books. I'm patiently waiting for info on what's on those discs that we don't have already, I'm beginning to worry there won't be anything extra on them.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #216
ChrisB
Batman News

I just sent an email to my contact at Warner Bros. to see if they'd verify the boxset image and shed some light on when we might expect an offiicial announcement. I'll keep you guys posted!

Old 06-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #217
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

It'd really be a waste of a sweet looking set to not include any brand new content. Fingers crossed.

Also, I don't get why the Batpod has all that gold on it- should be silver.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #218
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

The original press release said their would be new content.

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #219
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Hopefully Iso Scores, Commentaries, Deleted Scenes, BTS footage, B-Rolls....

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:35 AM   #220
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
I did not expect the Bat-pod or The Tumbler to have those colors besides black...

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #221
litobirdy
Side-Kick

Well according to the polish site its 2 discs plus 1 dvd for each film. so to me at least that means NO NEW CONTENT... the 3 movies already come with 2 blu ray's each. this suckss

litobirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #222
Tequilla
Side-Kick

French Amazon has it scheduled to an October 2nd release (90 euros...lol)

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #223
litobirdy
Side-Kick

All of a sudden this pictured set is making news. Just saw it this morning on Jett's page and comingsoon.net

litobirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #224
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Actually, Batman Begins only came with one blu-ray.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #225
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

That trilogy set looks like a glorious cash grab!