The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 06-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #226
kguillou
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

This might actually beat the MCU Phase One briefcase that came out.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #227
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Not impressed so far. If WB expects me to spend what will likely be $100+ on movies I already own, they better shell out more than some cheap plastic toys and a booklet.

Holding out to see what bonus material is included on those 2nd Blu-rays.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #228
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

I doubt it'll cost over $100, it will probably be closer in price to the Watchmen Collector's edition boxset.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #229
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

Just take my money, take it.

DorneyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #230
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by litobirdy View Post
All of a sudden this pictured set is making news. Just saw it this morning on Jett's page and comingsoon.net
I know, I saw it for the first time on this very forum a couple of *weeks* ago! The reason I didn't post it to Batman News was because there wasn't really much info about it. I didn't know what to say other than "this might be what the boxset looks like". Now that it's getting picked up by other sites, I might as well put up a post and hopefully WB will respond with more info soon.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #231
milost
Banned User

If this doesn't have any new special features or deleted moments or any behind the scenes stuff with Ledger as the Joker, I'm not interested.

New, better transfers for Begins and Dark Knight would be nice, but I doubt they'd do that. This is probably just extra DVD disks, crappy hot wheels cars and art work.

milost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #232
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
If this doesn't have any new special features or deleted moments or any behind the scenes stuff with Ledger as the Joker, I'm not interested.
I'm with you on that one. TDK's special features were easily the weakest of the 3 movies.

Last edited by ChrisB; 06-27-2013 at 01:49 PM.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #233
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Considering WB already released the Limited Edition boxset last year, I find it really hard to believe they'd just add all bells and whistles with none of the meat. You guys are probably smart to keep your expectations low, but I just am having a difficult time believing that the content of this package is 100% the same. The internet WILL flip out if that's the case, there will be petitions and everything (that I fully plan on signing lol).

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #234
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

I hope there's more in them. But, if not, I'll just pick up the steelbooks that Futureshop seems to have brought back.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #235
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Considering WB already released the Limited Edition boxset last year, I find it really hard to believe they'd just add all bells and whistles with none of the meat. You guys are probably smart to keep your expectations low, but I just am having a difficult time believing that the content of this package is 100% the same. The internet WILL flip out if that's the case, there will be petitions and everything (that I fully plan on signing lol).
It all depends on what that second BD is with Batman Begins and whether or not Begins and Knight get a remastering.

As of right now, I'm good with the special features on the existing BD's. They tell enough of the behind the scenes story of this trilogy. I don't need much more than what they offer...but, I'm not going to turn down new stuff, if it's worth it.

And if the first two films aren't remastered, I might go out and finally get those steelbooks available at Best Buy at the moment.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #236
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

TDK bluray SE wasn't that great either. BB & TDKR blurays had great viewing quality.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #237
Tequilla
Side-Kick

I just want new transfers of BB and TDK.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #238
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Do you think they will surprise us with a director's cut ?

Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #239
Monicabbm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
I'm with you on that one. TDK's special features were easily the weakest of the 3 movies.

I was so disappointed.

Monicabbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #240
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Wasn't TDK's Blu-Ray picture claimed to be reference quality when released?

I've heard of BB complaints, but never TDK. It looks fine to me on Blu-Ray, but then I'm not a videophile.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #241
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Wasn't TDK's Blu-Ray picture claimed to be reference quality when released?

I've heard of BB complaints, but never TDK. It looks fine to me on Blu-Ray, but then I'm not a videophile.
The problem with the TDK transfer is that they used only the IMAX print, in which all the 35mm scenes were blown up and therefore have a loss of resolution. Whereas for the TDKR Blu-ray they grabbed the IMAX scenes and 35mm scenes individually and created a brand new print.

Granted, TDK still looks pretty good, but it could look a lot sharper and richer. TDKR's Blu-ray blows it out of the water currently, so I'm really hoping TDK gets the same attention for this new release. And same with BB, it looks pretty good but it's not as great as it could be since they just used the HD-DVD transfer. I think with TDK though, even non-videophiles would notice the improvement if they did a proper transfer.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #242
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
The problem with the TDK transfer is that they used only the IMAX print, in which all the 35mm scenes were blown up and therefore have a loss of resolution. Whereas for the TDKR Blu-ray they grabbed the IMAX scenes and 35mm scenes individually and created a brand new print.

Granted, TDK still looks pretty good, but it could look a lot sharper and richer. TDKR's Blu-ray blows it out of the water currently, so I'm really hoping TDK gets the same attention for this new release. And same with BB, it looks pretty good but it's not as great as it could be since they just used the HD-DVD transfer. I think with TDK though, even non-videophiles would notice the improvement if they did a proper transfer.
TDKR is the best looking Blu-ray I've ever seen. Especially those IMAX scenes. It's amazing!

Old 06-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #243
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Totally agreed Chris. TDKR bluray had the best quality.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #244
Tequilla
Side-Kick

TDK transfer is completely messed up. Major dnr , and crazy increase in contrasts.

And then there's the color timing question

Quote:
On The Dark Knight Blu-ray transfer, the biggest error – by far the biggest error – its producers committed was the complete change of the film's original color timing. The Dark Knight was not copied with an optical printer. The original material – I held it in my hands – it was gorgeous. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was… I fell flat off my chair. (Laughs) The colors are so different compared to those that appear in the Blu-ray transfer. I've seen the Blu-ray once, and I've never looked at it again. It's very unfortunate too because it makes the Blu-ray image exactly what it is.
And finally the problem BatLobsterRises addressed.

The Begins one just looks too damn soft. I know some of it is really just Wally's style , but sometimes it's too damn much.

They pale in comparison with Rises transfer (its just too damn gorgeous)

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #245
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I'm telling you...if they don't announce new transfers, the petition is starting right here, lol.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #246
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-fi...n-blu-ray-disc

German release date: Sept. 20th, 2013

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Dragon_316ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #247
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-fi...n-blu-ray-disc

German release date: Sept. 20th, 2013
same bonus features.

Quote:
Blu-ray features
Batman Begins:

IN MOVIE EXPERIENCE! Christopher Nolan, David S. Goyer and others reveal stories behind the movie while you watch it yourself.
IMAX prologue to The Dark Knight [HD].
Tankman Begins: A parody of Batman Begins.
Batman - How it all began: concepts, designs and development of the film and the cast of Batman himself
Fitness training for body and soul, we experience how Christian Bale turned into Batman.
So Gotham City was: We are there when Gotham City, the Batcave, which are built Wayne Manor and other venues.
Cape and Hood: The development of the new Batman shirts.
Batman The Tumbler: The Batmobile is being reinvented.
Discovery: The first week of shooting in harsh and entlegenden regions of Iceland.
The rescue of Gotham City: The development of models, computer images and effects for the chase sequence on the high rail.
The Genesis of the Bat: A view of the incarnation of the Dark Knight and its effect on the film.
Thoughts when writing of Batman Begins with David S. Goyer.
Digital Batman: Effects that you may have overlooked.
U.S. Trailer 1 (about 1:13 minutes)
Photo Gallery
The stunts in Batman Begins
Secret Files: Facts and screenwriter chapters that are not included in the film.

The Dark Knight:

Focus Points (integrated or separate playable in the film)
Gotham is revealed: the emergence of a Scene - Director Christopher Nolan and creative employees reveal incredible details and schedule processes behind the scenes, including stunt staging, filming in IMAX, the new Bat-costume and Bat-Pod
The Batman Technology: The Amazing devices and tools (in HD)
Batman unmasked: The Psychology of The Dark Knight - Delve into the psyche of Bruce Wayne and the world of Batman with real psychologist (in HD)
GOTHAM TONIGHT: 6 episodes of Gotham Cable's first news channel:
- Episode 1: Election Night
- Episode 2: billionaire without a goal
- Episode 3: Escalation
- Episode 4: top cop
- Episode 5: Cops and Gangsters
- Episode 6: Gotham's White Knight
Photo Galleries:
- The Joker Card
- Concept sketches
- The cinema posters
Photo Galleries
Trailer:
- Teaser (approx. 0:54 mins)
- Trailer 1 (about 2:06 minutes)
- Trailer 2 (approx. 2:09 mins)
TV spots:
- Anarchy
- Alter Ego
- Aggressive Expansion
- One Rule
- Avenge
- Madness

The Dark Knight Rises:

THE BATMOBILE: Experience for the first time in history, all five Batmobile together. Immerse yourself in the history of the fearsome weapon of Batman's arsenal and experience the birth and development of this technical miracle plant that has become an icon
THE END OF THE DARK KNIGHT: A detailed look behind the scenes shows how director Christopher Nolan and his production team have turned The Dark Knight Rises, the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend
Production:
* The Prologue: Kidnapping at dizzying heights
* Return to the Batcave
* Gotham Underground
* The Bat
* Batman Vs. Bane
* The arsenal
* Havoc on game day
* Destruction of a road
* The prison
* The cheering
* The War on Wall Street
* Race to the reactor
The characters:
* The Journey of Bruce Wayne
* Gotham billing
* "You finally have to eat"
Looking back:
* Light and shadow in a large format
* The end of a legend
TRAILER:
Trailer 1 - 01:37
Trailer 2 - 02:13
Trailer 3 - 02:23
Trailer 4 - 02:21
GALLERY: The design of the advertising campaign

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #248
georgec
Not a hero

I figured it'd be the same bonus features, but part of me was still hoping for Nolan commentaries to TDK and TDKR (counting the BB in-movie experience as a commentary).

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #249
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Yeah... there's not going to be any new content.

It looks nice, but I don't think it deserves anybody's money.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #250
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: