The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #51
WeaponXProject
Triple bladed shave.
 
WeaponXProject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 2,883
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

No to Doom, a possible yes to a few other villains.

__________________
My common sense is TINGLING!

In space, no one can hear you scream.

The Forever War
WeaponXProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:58 AM   #52
Gabe99
Side-Kick
 
Gabe99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Greeley, Co
Posts: 1,626
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Diesel: Marvel Wants to Meet With Me

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:47 AM   #53
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,895
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Maybe for Rocket raccoon?

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #54
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,046
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

I do like the "Diesel as Skurge" suggestion above. That one I could see.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:22 AM   #55
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,103
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

He has a vision picture on his facebook

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #56
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Where do marquee names usually go in Marvel Studios films? Villains, and supporting characters.

Vin Diesel will never play a "supporting character." So what remains is far more likely to be a villain role than a hero. Vin plays heroes and antiheroes, but I've never seen him play an outright villain. Maybe this would be a first for him.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #57
OB12
Side-Kick
 
OB12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,222
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Quote:
Where do marquee names usually go in Marvel Studios films? Villains, and supporting characters.

Vin Diesel will never play a "supporting character." So what remains is far more likely to be a villain role than a hero. Vin plays heroes and antiheroes, but I've never seen him play an outright villain. Maybe this would be a first for him.
I could see a villain being a possibility. He has a distinctive voice but I doubt they would hire Diesel just for his voice, since it would seem to be a waste of a perfectly good action star. That rules out Rocket and Groot, but he could still be Thanos depending on how plan on doing that character. I could also see him as Baron Mordo.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #58
kedrell
I see what you did there
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,712
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Maybe it could be a David Prowse type situation for Thanos with someone else doing the voice. Hell, I dunno.

__________________
Beware of Space Dementia: It happened to Steve Buscemi. It happened to Matt Damon. It can happen to YOU!

I have an inner child. Not an inner teenager.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #59
Spike014
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Posts: 277
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Vin Diesel for Apocalypse

Spike014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #60
Jamify
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wales
Posts: 6
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

I could see him as Black Bolt if Marvel are still interested in The Inhumans. His voice would be pretty ideal.

Jamify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #61
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,822
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Remember, he's talking to Marvel Studios. That means whatever role he's being considered for, its not for either Fantastic Four or X-Men.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #62
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

I was thinking he might be up for a role in Inhumans but I don't see him as Black Bolt.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #63
SlamAdams
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,024
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

I think he'd make a cool Blade. I like him as Riddick (even though Chronicles sucked) and I see similarities

__________________
Slam Adams at House of Geekery
SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #64
Ant-manic
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,017
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

i could see him as the Thing; if it were even an option. hmmm, maybe the Absorbing Man or Tombstone.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #65
bubbadoom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,572
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

If he joins the cast of the Inhumans I could see him as either Gorgon or Lockjaw!

In Thor, he would make a good Executioner or Absorbing Man.

For Dr. Strange, he works as Baron Mordo - which is what I think the meeting is for.

Maybe Kingpin in DD.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #66
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,219
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

I would like to see him as Thanos!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | PROFESSOR X | PORTRAYED BY PATRICK STEWART
"Every few hundred millenia evolution leaps forward." - X1
"Sharing the world has never been humanity's defining attribute." - X2
"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #67
VictorShade
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Egghead in AntMan.

VictorShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #68
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,090
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Vision. He posted a picture of Vision on his facebook page a while back. Bet it's the vision

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #69
Heliflyer
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 74
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
If he joins the cast of the Inhumans I could see him as either Gorgon or Lockjaw!

In Thor, he would make a good Executioner or Absorbing Man.

For Dr. Strange, he works as Baron Mordo - which is what I think the meeting is for.

Maybe Kingpin in DD.
I would strongly disagree here. Diesel's acting chops are not good enough to bring the emotional vulnerability Mordo requires. Also, he does not have the look of an Eastern European. Deisel looks to "Mediterranean" for the role.

Heliflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #70
bubbadoom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,572
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliflyer View Post
I would strongly disagree here. Diesel's acting chops are not good enough to bring the emotional vulnerability Mordo requires. Also, he does not have the look of an Eastern European. Deisel looks to "Mediterranean" for the role.
Considering the liberties taken with the ethnic backgrounds of characters like Kingpin, Elektra, Alicia Masters, the Mandarin, etc. - do you really think Diesel looking Mediterranean vs. Eastern European is really a deal breaker? At least they look to be from the same continent...

I could see him as Thanos, too.

All wrong for Black Bolt, so I hope that's not it.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #71
Heliflyer
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 74
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
Considering the liberties taken with the ethnic backgrounds of characters like Kingpin, Elektra, Alicia Masters, the Mandarin, etc. - do you really think Diesel looking Mediterranean vs. Eastern European is really a deal breaker? At least they look to be from the same continent...

I could see him as Thanos, too.

All wrong for Black Bolt, so I hope that's not it.
Yes and no. I sincerely doubt Marvel is looking at him for Mordo, either way. He is just wrong for the role in many ways, acting skills among them.

My chips are on Deisel's voice. I am betting Rocket Raccoon.

Heliflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #72
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 6,344
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Diesel's not a subtle facial expressions guy. That leaves out Blackbolt, Mordo and any of the really textured villains. He could work as Doom, I think, as Doom's accent is not a big part of the character (since he's from a visual medium), but as said before, that's not relevant to him meeting with Marvel. Similarly, we know what films are in pre-production.. Ant-Man, Guardins of the Galaxy.

Thanos actually could be a very, VERY good choice. His voice is perfect for any villain, Thanos included, but they do need Thanos to lay hands on people at some point. Diesel's about the best choice they could get, imho. It could be Rocket Raccoon, but Thanos would be the most bang for their buck. Vision could be good too, for the same reasons as Thanos. But for some reason... Thanos seems more like a typical Vin character rather than the more reserved erudite Vision.

Regardless, it'd be fun to watch Diesel walk around set in that white-and-black-checkerboard CGI costume.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #73
bubbadoom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,572
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Diesel's not a subtle facial expressions guy. That leaves out Blackbolt, Mordo and any of the really textured villains. He could work as Doom, I think, as Doom's accent is not a big part of the character (since he's from a visual medium), but as said before, that's not relevant to him meeting with Marvel. Similarly, we know what films are in pre-production.. Ant-Man, Guardins of the Galaxy.

Thanos actually could be a very, VERY good choice. His voice is perfect for any villain, Thanos included, but they do need Thanos to lay hands on people at some point. Diesel's about the best choice they could get, imho. It could be Rocket Raccoon, but Thanos would be the most bang for their buck. Vision could be good too, for the same reasons as Thanos. But for some reason... Thanos seems more like a typical Vin character rather than the more reserved erudite Vision.

Regardless, it'd be fun to watch Diesel walk around set in that white-and-black-checkerboard CGI costume.
While that would be an amusing visual, I doubt they would use such a tall actor for any motion capture work for Rocket Raccoon, as it would throw off the eye lines, etc. - maybe Deep Roy will do the on set reference work.

I would assume some one like Thanos would be practical make-up and costume like in the Avengers. Same for the Vision, but Vin seems too "thick" for him - some one leaner would be a better visual match...

Been some time since I read any of the Dr. Strange comics - Mordo never seemed that deep to me - but you may be right that Vin's not correct for him - we shall see...

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #74
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 38,534
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

He should play Gideon Mace if Dwayne plays Luke Cage

Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #75
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 6,344
Default Re: Vin Diesel interested in Doctor Doom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
While that would be an amusing visual, I doubt they would use such a tall actor for any motion capture work for Rocket Raccoon, as it would throw off the eye lines, etc. - maybe Deep Roy will do the on set reference work.

I would assume some one like Thanos would be practical make-up and costume like in the Avengers. Same for the Vision, but Vin seems too "thick" for him - some one leaner would be a better visual match...

Been some time since I read any of the Dr. Strange comics - Mordo never seemed that deep to me - but you may be right that Vin's not correct for him - we shall see...
Thanos was practical makeup, wasn't he? Interesting... hmm...
Oh, and you're so right about RR. Is Deep Roy actually short enough for RR? Or will they make RR a mite taller? Regardless, yeah, probably not Vin doing taht part.

and I don't read Strange either... but I just assumed Strange being a good character and his other archfoe Dormammu being so one-note that Mordo would be a bit more textured or at least aristocratic.

I don't know about Vision as a practical effect. I think an unnatural skinniness would serve him better than what can come off as simple spandex or worse - powers armor. I'd envision an MCU Vision being more like Sonny from I, Robot than the Cybermen from Dr. Who.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.