The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #976
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 5

Could be the evolution of Phoenix into the cosmic bird it was meant to be. I still don't see why that would remotely fit into this film though.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #977
Angamb
Banned User

that would be awesome, and obviously what Bryan wanted for X3, so I wouldnt be mad at that. just hope Jean doesnt have a big role on the future

Old 06-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #978
MarvelU
Side-Kick

I like the idea of singer explaining why Jean Grey had a fiery aura around her at the end of X2. Perhaps Jean is alive somehow and we will see her as Bryan Singer intended Phoenix to be. Also the idea of the future changing in real time as Wolverine changes stuff from the past is also possible.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #979
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
I like the idea of singer explaining why Jean Grey had a fiery aura around her at the end of X2. Perhaps Jean is alive somehow and we will see her as Bryan Singer intended Phoenix to be. Also the idea of the future changing in real time as Wolverine changes stuff from the past is also possible.
Maybe wolverine changes the past twice, first time saving Scott and jean but not saving the future and the 2nd time changing the future too

Who knows

Old 06-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #980
TheWolverine
Newbie First Class

Ground breaking info JP. It is.

So Bryan was indeed serious when he talked about "fixing things". I just hope the script isn´t too forced in behalf of fixing things. If this movie will be the perfect excuse to do so, then I can´t wait for X4.

I think after DOFP (and if it succeeds as we all think it will do), Lauren can push for the X4-X5 back to back treatment she have and give closure to this X-Men CU´maybe in 2016-2017?.

Honest truth, as much as I´ve enjoyed this Universe, watching such and old Magneto and Xavier it sorts of brings me down.

Have you considered maybe this can be the last X-Men movie with these actors? Maybe that´s why they´re aiming for such an epic scale?

Besides, we all know Jackman´s motivation for this movie wasn´t as much as he was with XM: OW and TW. He might be a little fed already with the character.

Maybe they will reboot the franchise after the FF movie and then tie those two franchises.

Last edited by TheWolverine; 06-28-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: grammar correction
Old 06-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #981
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I think it could be that good Phoenix has the fire aura/bird and "dark" Phoenix is like a zombie thing. So if she returns again, she'll be good Phoenix likely...and fiery.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #982
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolverine View Post
Ground breaking info JP. It is.

So Bryan was indeed serious when he talked about "fixing things". I just hope the script isn´t too forced in behalf of fixing things. If this movie will be the perfect excuse to do so, then I can´t wait for X4.

I think after DOFP (and if it succeeds as we all think it will do), Lauren can push for the X4-X5 back to back treatment she have and give closure to this X-Men CU´maybe in 2016-2017?.

Honest truth, as much as I´ve enjoyed this Universe, watching such and old Magneto and Xavier it sorts of brings me down.

Have you considered maybe this can be the last X-Men movie with these actors? Maybe that´s why they´re aiming for such an epic scale?

Besides, we all know Jackman´s motivation for this movie wasn´t as much as he was with XM: OW and TW. He might be a little fed already with the character.

Maybe they will reboot the franchise after the FF movie and then tie those two franchises.
We don't know how it will be done, just because they are bringing jean back doesn't mean the next step is x4, that's speculation, jean obvious has an action scene... So there is much more happening here then being a setup for an x4

Truth be told if they were gonna do an x4 they would have done it anyway, so I think at the moment this is just trying to be an epic film rather then a sneaky setup and repair job

People want to see jean and Scott in this film anyway, me included

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-28-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #983
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I don't think X4/X5 in the obvious sense is happening. The future crew basically filmed for a month or less individually. Doesn't exactly scream ongoing saga. I think this is a film that will attempt to wrap up the loose ends and provide some satisfying conclusion to a franchise that has left a pretty bad after taste in our mouths. The next set of X-movies could be tied into the FF universe as someone said, and could be loosely related to this franchise, but will probably be a separate vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Maybe wolverine changes the past twice, first time saving Scott and jean but not saving the future and the 2nd time changing the future too

Who knows
One way to accomplish both in one shot is to take out Magneto in the past, thus nullifying the entire OT and perhaps indirectly prevent the Sentinel project from passing through Congress, or at least postpone it. Killing Dinklage and terminating the project completely probably doesn't change the fate of Scott/Jean in the future. I think we have to seriously consider the possibility that Magneto must be assassinated. Another fact to consider, 70's Wolverine with his future brain automatically changes the future. Wouldn't Wolverine just kill himself, or never run into the X-Men again, knowing that he is directly responsible for the death of Jean in the future? Unless he has no choice, why would he want his old mind back? Assuming it's a brain swap...

Last edited by Mr.M; 06-28-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #984
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Huh? I don't know what you're talking about. Is it about Storm commenting about Beast's hair?

In X2, he appeared in human form, so how the heck did he appear in blue/mutant form in X3? There wasn't an explanation for that. It was given in X3, that Beast was a former student/X-Men. So its a continuity error.
there was a scene in an early draft of the X2 script, that showed Hank's transformation during the mind attack on mutants... but, didn't have the time or money to do the scene so it got cut from the later drafts of the script

so, tho, it was never explained on screen in either X2-X3, there was a plan

Old 06-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #985
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
One way to accomplish both in one shot is to take out Magneto in the past, thus nullifying the entire OT and perhaps indirectly prevent the Sentinel project from passing through Congress, or at least postpone it. Killing Dinklage and terminating the project completely probably doesn't change the fate of Scott/Jean in the future. I think we have to seriously consider the possibility that Magneto must be assassinated. Another fact to consider, 70's Wolverine with his future brain automatically changes the future. Wouldn't Wolverine just kill himself, or never run into the X-Men again, knowing that he is directly responsible for the death of Jean in the future? Unless he has no choice, why would he want his old mind back? Assuming it's a brain swap...
I can't see singer killing off neither wolverine or magneto for good, you would be heading into x3 territory where you kill off a character people love and never hear the end of it from fans

Old 06-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #986
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Is that your best attempt at a counter-argument?! LOL
No, it was a just a candid remark...

Didn't realize we were still on this pointless discussion. Day 3 here we gooo...

Old 06-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #987
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
part Korean?
Chinese according to her twitter. Kinda odd.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #988
Melapi
Side-Kick

I think how Jean Grey is alive is going to be explained in The Wolverine, they won't have to spend time explainig it in DOFP.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #989
DOFP
Side-Kick

Th Eek Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
GUYS MASSIVE SPOILER JUST ADDED TO IMDB...!!!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Oh.my.god. No way

Old 06-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #990
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
We don't know how it will be done, just because they are bringing jean back doesn't mean the next step is x4, that's speculation, jean obvious has an action scene... So there is much more happening here then being a setup for an x4

Truth be told if they were gonna do an x4 they would have done it anyway, so I think at the moment this is just trying to be an epic film rather then a sneaky setup and repair job

People want to see jean and Scott in this film anyway, me included
Im sure Singer would like to do at least another movie with "his" actors. Lauren wants it too, as we already know.

On other hand, I see this movie mainly as two things:

1. To have a HUGE movie with the X-Men universe/characters.

2. To test the water regarding how the audience reacts after each cast. FC and original actors.

Im sure if DOFP is huge, like... reaaaaaaaaaaaally huge, Singer and Lauren will push really hard for another movie with original cast. And Fox could be much more open about it, and probably really interested too. But since Millar and Matthew are on board now too, they will support another movies too, including a FC sequel (set in 80's or whatever).

Im sure about one thing, Fox, Singer, Lauren and Millar are finally thinking bigger with this x-men universe and once DOFP numbers show a big impact, the new proyects ideas will pop up in a matter of weeks in their offices.

So in any case, we'll get not only one more "X-Men movie" but two or even three more. whoever the actors and characters are.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #991
DOFP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Most time travel movies, future changes occur in real time. Take Frequency for example, note how Caveziel's character gradually altered his father's past. And through these alterations, the future was immediately different. Then Dennis Quaid's character comes out of nowhere in the present day (when in previous timeline his character was dead) to kick the bad guys' asses. And it was as if nothing had ever changed and Caveziel's father was alive all along.

Juxtaposed, as Magneto's philosophy gradually changes in 1973 based on information provided by Logan, you could see real time changes to the future. Hence Cyclops and the Phoenix appear out of nowhere at the end and turn the tides on the Sentinels. That's the only way you can ressurect these characters and have it make sense.

I lost you. Why is this the first statement automatically the case? You simply cannot bring back Jean Grey unless you ignore TLS entirely. Let's hypothetically say this isn't the case. How would you explain her presence in the film? As the sentient form she always was? Then what about Marsden?

Second paragraph, I like that idea, I could see it happening. Maybe Logan does something in the past before he stops Magneto that can cause Scott's and Jean's death not ever happening, and appear in the film's climax fighting against sentinels (explains Famke's stunt double) it could be a scene were most of the x-men are dead or defeated by the sentinels, then cyclops and jean appear and save the day. Just a thought.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #992
DOFP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
I agree.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #993
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Is it confirmed Logan mind-swaps? I think there's a multi-verse thing going on in this one. And that Logan and Hank pic is an altered time line...

Old 06-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #994
Legion
Side-Kick

There's many possibilities for a film like this. I like to think that there can be multiple time travelers. Like Wolverine time travels to the 70s to stop "event X" and Bishop time travels to the early 2000s to destroy the first incarnation of the Sentinels.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #995
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think some are getting carried away.Especilly considering In COmics to resurrect Jean Grey they 1:Retconned It so that Phoenix wasn't really Jean just cosmic entiry that copyed jean's form,memories,and personality and 2:had to bing Jean from early X-Men comics to present.

So spoiler of a famke Janssen stunt double Is a tipoff Bryan Singer has mislead
people.Stunt double suggests Jean takes part In battle against sentinles.That
means eather A:Future scenes are pure alternate futre from other films or B:Last Stand Is being outright ignored.Those are only opotion.

It may take combined powers of Xavier,and Jean to transport wolverine's mind to past.

People are also forgetting while the future scenes will likely have big battles between mutants and sentinles the sentinles will probally going to kill most
mutants.That's why they launch the time travel scheme to begain with.

In all likelyhood DOFP Is what lauren shueller Donnor meant by X4 and followup to DOFP Is what she meant by X5.Both James Mangold and Bryan singer have cast doudt on much Involvement by Mark Millar.And there Is no indication of any real Involvement by Matthew Vaughn after walking away as director.DOnnor and Bryan are by reports the ones mostly In charge.

I still maintaina more present day setting Is likely for next film.Famke Janssen's most likely Inclusion and possibly Inclusion of James Marsden fuels that thought.

But,In event I am wrong about Bryan misleading people and Jean Is simply resurrected as cosmic force then I hope others

1efend that against others who will complain about changes
2:Stop saying Bryan doesn't embrae X-Men's comic book roots.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #996
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
2. To test the water regarding how the audience reacts after each cast. FC and original actors.
Considering that the movie is putting the most popular member of the OT cast together with the FC cast in the 70s, I don't see how exactly you could gauge that.

As for Jean, I've no idea how she would fit into all of this. I sure hope that the movie doesn't make it out that the whole point of the story is preventing Jean and Scott's deaths.

Incidentally, I don't see where people are getting the idea that all Singer wants to do is keep making X-Men movies with "his" cast, when he was heavily involved with FC and is currenly working with newer actors.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 06-28-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #997
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
So spoiler of a famke Janssen stunt double Is a tipoff Bryan Singer has mislead
people.Stunt double suggests Jean takes part In battle against sentinles.That
means eather A:Future scenes are pure alternate futre from other films or B:Last Stand Is being outright ignored.Those are only opotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post
Second paragraph, I like that idea, I could see it happening. Maybe Logan does something in the past before he stops Magneto that can cause Scott's and Jean's death not ever happening, and appear in the film's climax fighting against sentinels (explains Famke's stunt double) it could be a scene were most of the x-men are dead or defeated by the sentinels, then cyclops and jean appear and save the day. Just a thought.
An interesting thought.

Last edited by Duran Man; 06-28-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #998
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I don't think X4/X5 in the obvious sense is happening. The future crew basically filmed for a month or less individually. Doesn't exactly scream ongoing saga. I think this is a film that will attempt to wrap up the loose ends and provide some satisfying conclusion to a franchise that has left a pretty bad after taste in our mouths. The next set of X-movies could be tied into the FF universe as someone said, and could be loosely related to this franchise, but will probably be a separate vision.

I just hope the upcoming films after DOFP are set in the modern-day world. And before they make a cross-over film with Fantastic Four. I would like to see one more modern-day X-Men team film.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 06-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #999
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Of course, like every bit of news I post, it'll get buried in an annoying discussion of nonsense.
There's too much Wolverine and the continuity is messed up yo.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #1000
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
There's many possibilities for a film like this. I like to think that there can be multiple time travelers. Like Wolverine time travels to the 70s to stop "event X" and Bishop time travels to the early 2000s to destroy the first incarnation of the Sentinels.
The problem with that is it could be very confusing.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Closed Thread