The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #501
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Hmmm I just realized this last night but I think the ones who didn't get a "Welcome to The cast of DOFP **insert the actor's name here**" tweet would have just a minor/small role in the movie. And those actors are Daniel Cudmore, Fan BingBing, Boo Stewart, Adan Canto and Josh Helman. Its kinda odd how Evan Peters got a tweet announcement and those five didn't get a shout out from Bryan Singer.

I just hope Simon Kinberg learned something from X3's script which he co-wrote to not include named mutants that will be only used in 1 to 2 scenes. Instead of adding and adding another mutant, they could just give the role to a mutant that is already in the movie.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #502
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
But you see the whole novelty of the Days of Future Past comic is that these characters have vastly changed in this apocalyptic future and their struggle to survive was the whole selling point of the story otherwise it's just another X-Men vs Brotherhood scenario.
I think that what perhaps makes the original story problematic though is that, by concentrating on the characters in the apocalyptic future, it focuses on the characters who are basically doomed and at a dead end story-wise. If it skipped the whole time travel aspect and if it was just a story about the characters' fight against the Sentinels in a dark apocalyptic world, it would be one thing. But because it introduces time travel and hinges the outcome of the story on the actions in the past, it also robs the characters in the future of any real chance to prevail in their fight. It doesn't make it a bad story, but perhaps unpalatable for a major summer blockbuster. Audiences can deal with deaths and sacrifices that achieve something, but futile deaths and actions that achieve nothing wouldn't go down so well IMO.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #503
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Adan Canto confirms Sunspot role

Adan Canto has seemingly confirmed his role as Sunspot in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Published Friday, Jun 28 2013, 7:05am EDT
By Hugh Armitage

The Following actor revealed on Twitter that he will play Brazilian mutant Roberto Costa.

In response to a tweet from a fan saying "I'm excited for @adancanto as Sunspot!!", Canto replied: "Thanks! Next summer."

The tweet has since been removed.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/new...spot-role.html

narrows101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #504
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
But you see the whole novelty of the Days of Future Past comic is that these characters have vastly changed in this apocalyptic future and their struggle to survive was the whole selling point of the story otherwise it's just another X-Men vs Brotherhood scenario. We need to be emotionally invested in the future characters for the story to work. We need to feel for them and we need to fully appreciate the kind of life they're living. The comics focused especially on Kitty and Storm. Kitty was the new recruit in the past and this mature badass in the future. Storm was the new leader of the X-Men and struggled in that area and we see her in the future as this grown up woman prepared to do morally ambiguous things like kill. If the future aspect of this film is nothing but a throw away then the whole purpose of Days of Future Past and what made it so popular that it is being adapted now thirty years later is lost. I think everyone will be killed off one by one, The Last Stand style, with Storm potentially getting the most powerful death. Or future Wolverine, assuming its a brain swap, which we know is already possible in this universe.

Plus the X-Men are fighting sentinels something never before seen in an X-Men film as opposed to just the X-Men vs Magneto and his goons for the third time.
I think you missed the point. Throwback doesn't necessarily mean throw away. Now we see the full manifestation of some of these powers. As far as emotional attachment, I think audiences should already feel that knowing these characters from the OT. Kitty isn't in the past. She is unlikely to be a time traveler as she is nowhere in site in 1973. I feel it will it's not going to be much more than say, the recent comedy This is the End, where the apocalypse happens and ***minor spoiler ahead*** a lot of the characters are dispatched early... in a more serious manner. Man that was a good movie though. 30-45 minutes? Doesn't sound like much. Maybe 5-10 minutes to explain the circumstance, have the circumstances unfold in "real time", and then propose the solution of time travel. I don't think you can cover much more than that and develop all these new characters.

Last edited by Mr.M; 06-28-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #505
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

honestly i'm expecting characters like bishop to just be there for the hell of it, only have a few lines and showing his powers off and thats it

Old 06-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #506
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

As am I.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #507
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I hope not... Bishop should be the main new mutant character introduced IMO. He should have a role the size of Nightcrawler in X2...

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #508
Angamb
Banned User

I think the same. I have the impression for some reason that Bryan loves Bishop, so I think he will give him the bigger role from the new mutants

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #509
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
honestly i'm expecting characters like bishop to just be there for the hell of it, only have a few lines and showing his powers off and thats it
I'm expecting Bishop to have the most role out of all the new mutants especially Omar Sy got a tweet announcement from Bryan Singer.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-29-2013, 04:12 AM   #510
DOFP
Side-Kick

out of topic, but quick question: how can I upload photos into this site, I'm having issues with it. I usually drag photos and load them, but it wont upload to the thread.

Thank you.

Last edited by DOFP; 06-29-2013 at 04:31 AM.
DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #511
Melapi
Side-Kick

You can't until you have 1000 posts, I think. Don't you have an e-mail with that info?

Melapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #512
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm expecting Bishop to have the most role out of all the new mutants especially Omar Sy got a tweet announcement from Bryan Singer.
I'm kind of hoping for a Storm/Bishop romance. it doesn't have to be reminiscent of Rogue/Bobby, but just little subtle hints that they're a couple. Nothing brings ppl together like an apocalypse(no pun intended), but also it will give Storm a little bit more character, plus is she is "killed" in the future it'll give Bishop a sense of loss and a reason to keep fighting

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #513
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Yeah no thanks. No Storm/Bishop shipping would be best.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #514
DOFP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
You can't until you have 1000 posts, I think. Don't you have an e-mail with that info?
1,000 posts . . . . Well I got lots of catching up to do. thanks!

Old 06-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #515
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Seeing Storm with a love interest in DOFP would be odd.

If they are gonna give her a love interest, we should at least see how they met.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 07-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #516
Melapi
Side-Kick

I know Rebeca Romijn hasn't been cast (yet) in DOFP, but I have to share her priceless answer to "What don't you miss about playing Mystique?"

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I laughed my ass off.

Now I want to know Jennifer opinion

Old 07-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #517
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

The vids not working!

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #518
Melapi
Side-Kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgCOsbh1NJQ

Old 07-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #519
DOFP
Side-Kick

Ok, so pretty much I filled in the gaps of the cast picture Bryan Singer tweeted months ago of what I think which characters/actors would take place in the film. With the confirmation of Quicksilver, Sunspot, the guy that looks like Cyclops/but might be the younger Stryker, and Lucas Till spotted on set: I think it's safe to say that they will fill in the first four gaps.

Out of those four, I feel like Quicksilver would be the most important one, which is why I put him between Peter Dinklage's character and Storm. Then there is the new guy and Adam Canto, the new guy has been reported to have a good role in 70's, so I guess that makes him more important than Sunspot, who will be in the future probably just to destroy sentinels and have little to no dialogue. Then there is Lucas Till who was spotted on set, (yes maybe he was there to visit . . . or maybe he filmed a little scene that involved Erik attacking Paris) who knows, but my guts is telling me that he will be in the movie, which is why I put him in the fourth gap behind BingBing.

Next, with the recent Famke Janssen return/stunt double news, it's crystal clear for me that Jean will be back. How? Why? I don't even care, I'm one of those few people that like Jean and can't even express how happy I am for her to be back.

Moving on to Cyclops, there is no evidence of James coming back to the film besides that fact that he was spotted on the same plane with Halle Berry. But come on, this will be the most epic X-Men movie of all time and we're not getting Cyclops? Logan, Storm, Charles, and Rogue are back, EVEN JEAN IS BACK. In an X-Men movie, if there is a Jean there has to be a Cyclops. If Bryan is willing to "fix" the problems The Last Stand made, and is also willing to bring back Xavier back from the dead/twin brother/able to walk I'm pretty sure bringing back Cyclops will not be an issue for him or for the fans. And come on guys, just admit it, you would love to see James Marsden back as Cyclops. Who cares if it's just a cameo, it can't be worse than the few scenes he had in The Last Stand. I believe that the last two gaps of the cast picture will have to go to Scott and Jean.

Lastly, yes it is a HUGE cast (21 confirm actors, not including Nixon and hopefully will get James Marsden back as Cyclops) but no worries, Singer knows what he is doing, and come on it CAN'T be worse than Last Stand. All I have to say is that this movie better be 2 hours and 30 minutes OR longer, or else I will get a little bit worried lol. And with two different times sets it’s like two movies in one, which should give a good balance to all the actors.

With Wolverine going back in time, that gives the perfect opportunity for the future cast to shine without him and if we get back Cyclops, well, that would be AMAZING. I mentioned in another post that maybe before Logan stops Magneto he makes another time change that affects the future at the same time as we are watching the movie. In the middle of the movie we can have a scene in the future where most of the x-men are dead or defeated and right when we think it’s over for the x-men, Logan in the past makes a change causing Scott and Jean's death to never happen, and BOOM Scott and Jean appear in the future to help the few x-men members fight against the sentinels. Just a thought, but to have Scott as a leader and Jean, Storm and whoever is still alive (hopefully Rogue) fight sentinels with NO WOLVERINE, that my friends is something I am willing to see.

We have Bryan Singer and most of the crew back from the original X-Men movies, we have a phenomenal outstanding cast, we're finally getting Sentinels! I personally (this is just me, not speaking for others) but I believe that this movie will not fail. I watched the first movie back in 2000 when I was 7 years old and fell in love with it and when The Last Stand came out I was sad to think that there wouldn't be any more X-men movies, and now 7 years later we're getting the 7th X-Men movie WITH the original cast, to me it's like Christmas morning.

Sorry guys, I made this post waaaaaaay longer than I thought. I was just planning to post the picture and explain briefly why the actors are there to fill in the gaps but once I started typing . . . well I couldn't stop and got carried away. PLEASE share thoughts or comments I would love to read what you guys think (: Hopefully you guys like my picture.

Last edited by DOFP; 07-03-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #520
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Good job with the picture!

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 07-03-2013, 03:25 AM   #521
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I just don't see Wolverine as the one going back in time.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #522
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Famke in place of Lucas Till,she has a stunt double.

Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #523
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Here Is my theory how both the credits will go and the gaps In cast photo.

Gap Between Peter Dinklage and Halle Berry-Famke Janssen

call me crazy but with her having stunt double I think this Is more than a merecameo.SOmething tells me they might have official reveal of her In film at ComicCon.Famke attending premiere of the wolverine and taking part In publicacy may be more Important.Plus no matter how large her role Is Famke Is female OTcast member out there more with Taken films,Hansel and gretel,and Hemlock grove.

Gap between Anna Paquin and Daniel Cudmore-Evan Peters

He was tweeted by Bryan and only new cast member Bryan offically said who he's been cast as.Still we are In july and no pics on set taken of.

Gap between Daniel Cudmore and Bingbing Fan-Josh Helman

He may play Important role In 1973 part of film but nature of film may mean he gets shortchanged In credits

Gap between Bingbing Fan and Booboo Stewart-Adan Canto

This one Is kinda of a no brainer

other cast members-the one playing Nixon will probally not be listed In main cast credits only full Cast.

I have feeling If James Marsden Is In film It will be uncredited to keep It a
surprise.If Lucas Till being spoted on set means he Is In film he may also be uncredited or may only be listed in complete cast credits.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #524
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post
I still believe this is the credit order so no way Evan Peters would be credited before Halle Berry (she and her reps would not be pleased). The actors after Anna Paquin (who would be given the "...and" prestige credit) are the "featured" actors - i.e. smaller roles and/or less famous actors - where Peters would most likely end up.

If Famke is in the film, I would bet on her occupying the photo before Halle. BUT I'm personally not convinced by this stunt double news (as much as I'd love for her to return). I think the stunt double might have been added by this one fan who is obsessed with seeing the Phoenix of the White Crown realized on film. He/she already started a rumor about that incarnation of Phoenix appearing. That being said, adding a stunt double to imdb would be a strange way to promulgate a rumor...

SterlingDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #525
Joaqenix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
I still believe this is the credit order so no way Evan Peters would be credited before Halle Berry (she and her reps would not be pleased). The actors after Anna Paquin (who would be given the "...and" prestige credit) are the "featured" actors - i.e. smaller roles and/or less famous actors - where Peters would most likely end up.

If Famke is in the film, I would bet on her occupying the photo before Halle. BUT I'm personally not convinced by this stunt double news (as much as I'd love for her to return). I think the stunt double might have been added by this one fan who is obsessed with seeing the Phoenix of the White Crown realized on film. He/she already started a rumor about that incarnation of Phoenix appearing. That being said, adding a stunt double to imdb would be a strange way to promulgate a rumor...
Someone on here said crew information (such as stunt doubles) has to be added by agents, and can't be added by random users like actors can. Assuming thats true, it means Famke is definitely in it. Agreed that the picture is the credit order, and also agreed that Famke would be the missing spot before Halle. No way its someone who is not famous like Evan Peters. Also agreed that Anna would be the "and" credit like she has been in these films in the past.

Joaqenix is offline   Reply With Quote