The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 05-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #101
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Default Re: Should they introduce Kara Zor-El in the sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarking View Post
Yes, I want Kara but they should probably wait till the third movie.
I think they should add a touch of New 52 in that she's not real fond of Earth at the onset. Then they can do their own variation of the whole "Death & Return of Superman" waltz so that Kara has to grow up before the movie's over.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com

Last edited by Jochimus; 05-17-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:57 AM   #102
CGHulk
Green Guy

Bring in Kara for the next film where she'll be taking down Brainiac's robot probes!

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 05-31-2013 at 02:09 AM.
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #103
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I can't wait until Kara shows up. They should do it as painlessly as possible.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:01 AM   #104
skaldicpoet9

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Well if you guys have read the Man of Steel prequel comic you'll know that Kara has been introduced into this universe. She crash lands on Earth in the past on a Kryptonian colonization ship. We'll see if she is introduced in the movie. At the very least I have read that it is confirmed that the crashed Kryptonian ship is the Fortress of Solitude in the movie.

^Some relevant spoilers from the Man of Steel prequel comic. Things might get interesting...

skaldicpoet9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #105
smallville fan
Hero

Regarding the whole "Superman should be the Last Kryptonian" issue, I totally agree on that front, it makes the character better and more appealing. I like how they are addressing that by making all other Kryptonians genetically engineered to only fulfill certain roles in their society and only Kal-El biologically and naturally born from Krypton and free to choose his place in life and dream of becoming "something other than what society had intended", thereby making him a true "Last Son" and greater than all others.

I imagine that won't be too different for Kara. Kara would still be a synthetic Kryptonian and Superman would still remain special.

If I had to pick someone to play Kara, I'd definitely go with Amber Heard.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #106
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

I never bought that such an advanced society wouldn't have people off works exploring. But if anything just bring in Kara In-Ze from stas and adapt that part of her history.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #107
smallville fan
Hero

Ok so I was on youtube watching this video and I saw the most ridiculous comment for an origin for how they could do the Amazons/Kara Zor-El in the Man of Steel universe. I figured you guys might get a kick out of this.

Quote:
"Kara Zor-El should be used to explain Wonder Woman and The Amazons. The ship lands on earth 18000 years earlier, she bred with humans gave birth only to females because her genes are dominate. Her children could only have females. Their life spans should be 1000 years. Amazons are half Kryptonian and half Human. Supergirl would limit all DC films. Its not hard to make the connection with Superman/Wonder Woman or to make the DC Universe Work."
I guess with each generation Kryptonian powers get diluted further and further resulting in the Amazons we know and love today. Then Wonder Woman becomes what? The 1st Amazon with some semblance of vestigial Kryptonian abilities, thus making her special?

For this theory, no thanks I want the real Wonder Woman please, you know the one just like in the comics?

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:51 AM   #108
Lamborghini07
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Ok so I was on youtube watching this video and I saw the most ridiculous comment for an origin for how they could do the Amazons/Kara Zor-El in the Man of Steel universe. I figured you guys might get a kick out of this.

I guess with each generation Kryptonian powers get diluted further and further resulting in the Amazons we know and love today. Then Wonder Woman becomes what? The 1st Amazon with some semblance of vestigial Kryptonian abilities, thus making her special?

For this theory, no thanks I want the real Wonder Woman please, you know the one just like in the comics?
That's very interesting, it's diff and I like it.

Since there's a prequel story i believe Kara should be an outsider someone who became very close with a local ice fishing community and being very sheltered and not knowing earth is actually advanced. After sometime her family dies and she's forced to go beyond the village and happens to return to the ship but she realizes it's missing. That starts her on a journey to find it and she makes it to a bar where she sees superman on the news flying around saving people. Thinking he stole the ship and the suit (that was intended for her male co pilots/ royal explorer suit) she gets pissed and goes to metropolis to find him. Meanwhile superman has to stop an asteroid that's coming towards earth but incase he fails the military is ready to fire nukes at it. Superman goes towards te asteroid only to realize he's getting weak and gets knocked out and as its coming to earth lex (who is a arms tech manufacturer) has his weapons blast the asteroid into peices. Knowing that part of the asteroid landed in certain areas he has his men get te peices and bring it to him. He deduces superman was hit and weakened and ends up activating brainiac which is a defunct ai that was used to compute and monitor kryptonian info/ manufacturing. Lex attempts to modify it and ends up corrupting brainiac and after keeping it locked up brainiac escapes.

Now as superman comes to question luthor, he realizes that parts of the rock attached to brainiac start to glow green in his desk and superman starts to sweat and feel ill. Luthor pretty much figures out it might be weakening him but gives him info on brainiac and that it was corrupted. As superman leaves hearing explosions he takes off only to be slammed into a few buildings. Big fight with Kara and superman as she doesn't know he's her cousin and she just thinks he stole the suit and the ship.

Finally they end up getting on the same page and he takes her to the ship aka fortress of solitude. Gets more answers on why she's there. Then brainiac sends a message to all of earth claiming control of the inferior planet. So Kara and superman go stop him and end up damaging him. Brainiac escapes only to get back at lexs place because he had tech that could help him with repairs. Luthor agrees if he can control earth as brainiac wants to go to another more advanced planet and asks him to rid him of superman. He gives him kryptonite and again a big battle is staged. Only to have Kara and supes against the ropes and batman comes to stop the carnage as he's been following up on brainiac. Brainiac is destroyed and the warning beacon is picked up by darkseids commanders and the ship is set on course for earth.

This could be a set up for jl. Sorry had a break between studying for boards and thought I'd share. Plenty of gaps but possibly a way of moving forwards to jl.
At that point there might not be a need for an origins story for batman but maybe a movie about him being a few years in fighting someone in the rouges gallery.

Ok I think I need sleep.

Lamborghini07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #109
guitarking
Side-Kick

After seeing MOS, I realize they badly need to bring in Kara to add something fresh to this series. The sooner she shows up the better.

guitarking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:06 AM   #110
Gabe99
Side-Kick

SPOILERS

MAN OF STEEL Easter Eggs and DC Comics References You May Have Missed

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #111
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe99 View Post
That's a great opportunity to introduce Kara

The only problem is: How would she be his cousin when she has to be at least 18.000 years old?

Kaya Scodelario for Mary Jane Watson!!
DerSpider-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #112
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post

The only problem is: How would she be his cousin when she has to be at least 18.000 years old?
Just make like the DCAU and say her dual-identity (assuming she would get one) is Clark Kent's cousin. Granted, it makes the term "cousin" more figurative than literal, but what the heck.

Plus if Goyer's prequel comic is any indicator, we would probably get another Byrne pulled on us:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
She'd probably be found frozen in the Arctic ice, similar to how Matrix-Supergirl was IIRC

...which IMO could easily be used to set up an adaptation of "Superman vs. Aliens" only with Brainiac instead of the Aliens (thus also giving it a touch of Johns' "Brainiac" arc), by setting a sci-fi/horror tone reminiscent of "The Thing". Because let's face it, we all know in science-fiction that anytime you find an alien frozen in a block of ice, things tend to get intense from there.

Last edited by Jochimus; 06-29-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #113
guitarking
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post

She's been frozen in stasis. She awoke from the pod not long before it was found.

guitarking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #114
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

She could be an ancestor instead of a cousin. An ancestor that has been frozen in stasis and is actually younger than Clark, would make for the same cousin dynamics.

With the way the Man of Steel went along, I would wait until at least a third film before introducing Kara. We need to establish and get Clark himself further down the line for the relationship and presence of Kara to really be effective.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #115
NewYorkSpider
Heart Of Steel

I'd rather they wait untill a 4th movie is made. This of course they go that far.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #116
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarking View Post
She's been frozen in stasis. She awoke from the pod not long before it was found.
He meant how can they be cousins when Kara is born 18 000 years before Kal?

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:23 AM   #117
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

I doubt we'll see kara appear as a character in one of the sequels and i'd take what happened in the prequel comic with a grain of salt.

Those type of extra media comics/novels are easily ignored by filmmakers in their sequels.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #118
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I doubt we'll see kara appear as a character in one of the sequels and i'd take what happened in the prequel comic with a grain of salt.

Those type of extra media comics/novels are easily ignored by filmmakers in their sequels.
Then there was really no point in having Goyer himself write the prequel comic when DC could have just had someone else do it.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #119
storyteller
Side-Kick

I feel that Kara works only when you have established Superman in a position where he is trusted and at his highest point. Right now Kara would just seem redundant.

I would personally like to see Superboy because you can play up the father/son angle but Connor is different enough that he can exist separate. He wears his own S and his own suit.

Then again if Kara was actually preteen as opposed to a "teen"(aka a 23 year old playing someone is 16), I think you would have a much better Kara. I'd rather Supergirl not be a prostitute.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #120
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochimus View Post
Then there was really no point in having Goyer himself write the prequel comic when DC could have just had someone else do it.
Not true having goyers name attached added in to the idea this was something you should check out/purchase.

There's nothing that says what happens in a prequel comic is set in stone for future installments on the film series though. The only thing usually set in stone is what you see in the actual movie.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #121
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Forget about Supergirl, I want Powergirl

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #122
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Actually, given the Byrne influence on MOS, I'm starting to be tempted to lean more toward bringing in a version of Matrix/Linda Danvers rather than yet another incarnation of Kara Zor-El, so far as this continuity is concerned. Maybe by combining Matrix and the "Superman Lives" version of the Eradicator into a single character - a Kryptonian AI named Kara (hey, it even starts with a "K"...) - who ends up fusing with a teenage girl, and have her/it be what Brainiac is after.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #123
vrivasfl
Side-Kick

I want to see Kara in the next film, and I believe she could serve the plot well. If Lex Luthor is in the next film, I would love to see him as a shrewd, power-hungry businessman who mounts a xenophobic presidential campain against Kryptonians and aliens in general.

Superman integrates well into human society because he was a life birth who was raised by a middle American family. Kara, however, was probably genetically engineered to be a scout. In theory, she would be unable to integrate into human society, and I could see Lex exploiting this in order to portray her (and by extension Superman since they both would wear the crest of the House of El) as incompatible with humans.

vrivasfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #124
Uncanny1
Side-Kick

If Supergirl gets into the movies, I really hope her costume has a mini-skirt . It is her famous look. People may not know much about her but her look is iconic.

Last edited by Uncanny1; 07-13-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Uncanny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #125
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny1 View Post
If Supergirl gets into the movies, I really hope her costume has a mini-skirt . It is her famous look. People may not know much about her but her look is iconic.
Meh.

Superman's famous look has the red trunks.

They're gone now.

And if the trunks are gone, IMO the mini-skirt needs to join them.