The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #26
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

It doesn't sound that way to me. Remember when he thanked Ratner for keeping Kitty, Rogue and bobby alive?

Its more likely this continues from TLS...

Old 06-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #27
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

It's so wierd that I have faith in Singer when it comes to DOFP even though I haven't liked any of his last three films.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #28
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
It doesn't sound that way to me. Remember when he thanked Ratner for keeping Kitty, Rogue and bobby alive?

Its more likely this continues from TLS...
Then what about the rumours of Cyclops and Phoenix appearing? Either it's an alternate future, or a changed future at the end of the movie. Something somewhere is different in order for Scott and Jean to be in this.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #29
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Then what about the rumours of Cyclops and Phoenix appearing? Either it's an alternate future, or a changed future at the end of the movie. Something somewhere is different in order for Scott and Jean to be in this.
I'm hoping it's a changed future at the end. Seems the best way to go about it for future films.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #30
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

yeah, my guess is Jean and Cyke shows up at the end in a changed future. I would love it.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #31
Melapi
Side-Kick

I think the last future is gong to be a good one, but in that case why do they need a stunt double for Jean Grey?

Old 06-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #32
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

jean will obviously be in an action scene in the film which makes it harder to think she will just appear in a changed future at the end, makes me think perhaps there is more to this film then meets the eye, it was never gonna be exactly like the comic

and i don't think it will be an alternative future where all the characters are alive because that would just be confusing and there is no way you can explain that to audiences

Old 06-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #33
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Stunt double for Famke Janssen means Jean will take part In action sequenzes.
That leaves us with 2 opotions 1(Most likely)-The future Is pure alternate timeline from other films 2(Less Likely)-outright ignoral of last Stand.

My money Is on 1-future with sentinles being alternate timeline.

As for how the film would end I think we could be looking at one of these 3.

1:Wolverine's mind returns to future.Xavier and Beast are left wondering If
the efforts changed fuutre
2:Time travel from alternate timeline leads to other films coming Into being and we are left with a different post Last Stand/The Wolverine present
3:The ending reveals a future where some if not most events of The Last Stand has been changed.

The third one i think Is most likely

Old 06-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #34
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
No. Because niether had a certain death. Cyclops died off screen suspiciously and Jean's the dang Pheonix. It's not hard to bring either back. Hell, when I wrote an X4 fan-script, it only took me three scenes with the characters. And I don't think Cyclops has been confirmed.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #35
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
That leaves us with 2 opotions 1(Most likely)-The future Is pure alternate timeline from other films 2(Less Likely)-outright ignoral of last Stand.

2:Time travel from alternate timeline leads to other films coming Into being and we are left with a different post Last Stand/The Wolverine present
3:The ending reveals a future where some if not most events of The Last Stand has been changed.

You can't change X3 without changing everything that came before. Unless you time travel to inbetween X2 and X3 to change it.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #36
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
No. Because niether had a certain death. Cyclops died off screen suspiciously and Jean's the dang Pheonix. It's not hard to bring either back. Hell, when I wrote an X4 fan-script, it only took me three scenes with the characters. And I don't think Cyclops has been confirmed.
They are both dead. If they wanted to explain how they didn't die in the events in X3 that would take up time in an already busy movie. They could just use the given plot of changing the future to fix this. It's already built into the story. I would be shocked if they didn't go that route if they want those characters back.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #37
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

We don't know how wolverine is time traveling, if its mind switching the question is how is he doing it? its possible if wolverines body is still in the future unconcious in some way while his minds in the past and as he changes the past we see the future change around him each time, its possible maybe he says something to Xavier which changes the future with jean and scott resulting in them being alive at some point in the film fighting sentinels but the dark future is still the same for that time being till the end when they stop whatever it was that starts this dark future

well thats if the film does cut back and forth like wolverine and the X-men did

after all singer did say

Quote:
“We also wanted to play with the notion of different times and stuff like the way that time affects destinies."
It's reasonable to think we could see time change around wolverine in the same way time effects destinies every so often when something different happens in the past we see how it effected the future, but obviously wolverine isn't effected

Hope I explained that ok, is a tough thing to explain

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-29-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #38
SilentWarriorZ
lemonidas

I hope they wont mess up this Alternate future thing if they are making it this complex also the idea looks very overused in comics .

Old 06-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #39
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
It's effing retarded how much they use mystique in all these movies btw. At least now it makes sense because of Jennifer Lawrence I guess.
Completely agree, how does a franchise about the X-Men focus more on Mystique than any other Female X-Men character. Makes no sense. Mystique should have left the franchise after X2. But now Jennifer Lawrence is playing her we're going to get her shoved down our throats ugh! It really gets to me how much these X-Men movies aren't actually about the X-Men. There are no team dynamics explored at all.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 06-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #40
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
jean will obviously be in an action scene in the film which makes it harder to think she will just appear in a changed future at the end, makes me think perhaps there is more to this film then meets the eye, it was never gonna be exactly like the comic

and i don't think it will be an alternative future where all the characters are alive because that would just be confusing and there is no way you can explain that to audiences
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post

Just because she has a stunt double does not mean Jean will 'obviously' be in an action scene.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #41
JP
Smelly

Yeah, it could just be something simple. When she gets hit by Toad's gloop in X1 and flies back... stunt double.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #42
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Just because she has a stunt double does not mean Jean will 'obviously' be in an action scene.
Why else would she have a stunt double? I assume to do stunts

Old 06-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #43
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Yeah, it could just be something simple. When she gets hit by Toad's gloop in X1 and flies back... stunt double.
And that makes it sound less like she will get an action scene?

Old 06-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #44
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
And that makes it sound less like she will get an action scene?
Stunt doubles are cast to perform 'stunts' that actors can't or are not allowed to do themselves. In X3 Halle Berry did most of her own stunts but they hired a stunt double for both her and Hugh during the scene where they walked out of the X-jet and into a very foggy alkali lake. Stunt doubles can be used for action heavy set pieces but they can also be used for the most mundane things as well. There's a possibility a very high one that Famke could be in an action scene, but there is no guarantee. Thus my original post about her stunt double being cast not meaning that Jean will obviously be involved in an action scene.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #45
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I'm gonna keep to the possible idea that as wolverine changes the past we see how it effects the future each time, maybe there will be 3 different futures seen, one after TLS! One alternative with jean and Scott alive and the last one

The only problem with doing that is that it will mean alot of the OT is changed

Who knows where singer is going with this

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-29-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #46
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
It's so wierd that I have faith in Singer when it comes to DOFP even though I haven't liked any of his last three films.
What were the last three films? SR, Valkyrie and Jack? I actually quite liked Valkyrie.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #47
JP
Smelly

I liked SR and Jack. :/

Old 06-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #48
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Superman as a character has never appealed to me, just too boring.

But even with all the action they crammed into MOS, it still felt flat. And all I remember from that 40 minute action scene at the end was all the bad (ie. obvious) Henry Cavill & Michael Shannon CGI models. So I guess I'm just not Supes' target audience...

Haven't seen Jack yet, though I have a couple of work friends who worked on that.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #49
DOFP
Side-Kick

I though SR was average, it wasn't as amazing as Man of Steel but also it wasn't that bad. I'm planning to watch Jack, I wanna see how Bryan handled the CGI

Old 06-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #50
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I liked all of Bryan Singer's last 3 films.Jack the Giant Slayer's score on RT Is not that different than Man of steel.jack 52 and MOS 57.

Bryan's correcting some things comments Is clue they may be using the time travel to retconn some things of last Stand.

Without doing a superman returns to Last Stand Jean In DOFP and taking part In scene requiring a stunt double leaves 2 opotion 1:Alternate future or 2:Changing powers of phoenix for films so It can resurrurect Itself.

Closed Thread