The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #76
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,233
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Carmichael View Post
Me, I wanted to see a classic Mandarin. Even Iron Man: Armored Adventures does a better portrayal of the Mandarin than IM3 did.

Extremis is a massive, epic moment in the Iron Man canon. To use it as a crutch to "modernize" a supposed "outdated" villian is just plain weak in an of itself. Thus, we got neither a good telling of the Extremis story, nor did we get a good portrayal of the Mandarin, and all the while AIM gets a completely foreign origin story.

3 facepalms in one story mechanic.
Pretty much all of this

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #77
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

- Iron Man not having any really big strength feats

- Only two epic unibeam attacks

- Not engaging in a proper aerial fight with a villain

- Ten Rings not being fleshed out past the first film

- Not using as big of a variety of weapons as I expected

- Whiplash and Justin Hammer not being used efficiently


Honestly I don't have many criticisms of this trilogy, I consider it one of the top cbm trilogies.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #78
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

There's barely Iron Man in 2 and 3. And many times when he is finally there, he's too weak, or something fails, etc. Oh, and Mandarin.

Basically, my main disappointment is that the first one was so good and they didn't even waited for the third one to decline.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #79
BlackFox
Almost ninja
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 4,197
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

The Mandarin twist

Dropping War Machine for Iron Patriot

Pepper Potts turning into some glowy superhuman thingy

No decent bad guy of note in the trilogy.

Not making the most of the first film.

__________________
THE DARK KNIGHT


(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #80
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

Iron Man 2 and 3, worst films in the MCU in my opinion. Iron Man 1 is my favorite Marvel Movie so far

Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #81
ThatGuy1988
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

Would it kill Marvel to let at least one villain live? And no, Justin Hammer doesn't count. He was more douchey than evil.

ThatGuy1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #82
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy1988 View Post
Would it kill Marvel to let at least one villain live? And no, Justin Hammer doesn't count. He was more douchey than evil.
Hammer was just the comedic relief of IM2.

Villain was Vanko, who spent 3/4 of the movie doing nothing.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #83
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats
 
SilentWarriorZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 509
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

IM 2 was unwanted IM 3 was suppose to be IM2

SilentWarriorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #84
kane9321
oakland's finest
 
kane9321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: all in yo grill!
Posts: 11,781
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

IM1- perfect

IM 2-too many characters,Justin Hammer was a complete fool on screen. More War machine

IM3- The reveal of the mandarin was just soo damned stupid. Not enough tony stark "in the suit". More
War machine....not iron patriot...WTF

IM 2 & 3 were just huge disappointments to me really

__________________
GO 49ERS....FAITHFUL TO THE END
GO SHARKS GO..QUEST FOR THE CUP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
kane9321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #85
Steamteck
Side-Kick
 
Steamteck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 516
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

IM3 was a huge disappointment for me. I was expecting the Mandarin so it was no big deal. but I was expecting some you know .. actual competent badass iron Man action. hated kid sidekick ( although for such wasn't terrible. I hated I waited all movie for Tony to be Iron Man and I never really got to see him really in action except the plane where he wasn't even in the suit. I hated all the suits including the Iron Patriot were basically useless. I hated we got very little Tony and pepper . I hated super Pepper. Finally I hated the neat little last minute wrap up including the Arc reactor removable as an after thought.

Wow! That felt good.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #86
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,887
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

I watched this film again recently and thinking about it, almost the entirety of IM3 is a disappointment to me. It just wasn't good to me. In fact personally its right at the bottom of this current generation of CBM's other than Green Lantern.

The main things (quite a few) -
- There is no overarching story here. There is a bit carried on from The Avengers but pretty much nothing from the other two. This film just seems so distant from the others in the franchise. Tony is a d**k at the beginning of IM1 then becomes a full on good guy, then a bit of a d**k in IM2 but IM3 he is on full on d**kbag mode. For absolutely no reason at times.

- The arc reactor. Just why? Honestly an excuse such as Tony perfects extremis, puts it in himself so he is now able to remove the arc reactor would have worked and also made sense. The fact that he could have removed it at any point in the past 3 films just made no sense.

- The suits that seem to be able to do just the right thing at just the right time.

- Cracking a joke just after your girlfriend "died". Yeah lol....

- The supernatural-esque villains. Didn't sit right with me at all. We have just had aliens in Avengers but in an Iron Man centric film this just did not work for me.

- The airplane scene. Stark wasn't in the suit. Enough said. Ruins all tension.

- Stark and the kid. The kid was great but there is a diference between having a laugh and calling a kid who helped you a p***y. I do not believe the Stark we saw develop in Iron Man 1 would have behaved that way to a kid who clearly just wanted a guy to look up to.

- The gaps in logic. Stark has zero back up just incase the terrorist attacks his house. Now if it was just Stark I get it cause he does have that sort of ego but the fact he knew Pepper was there just makes him seem like a... d**k. Also he has loads of suits but spends lots of time on just one. The fact that the bad guys have no specific way on how to die. Killian survives 2 explosions. Then dies in an explosion. Same for others. A hole in the chest kills one but the others who have no limbs are fine.

Just really not great for me and there are more but I'm too tired right now.

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #87
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 119
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

lack of War Machine's action...

i mean, yes Rhodey gets some action in Iron Man 3, but that's him outside the suit...
soon after he rescued that US President, he just flying off, without coming back to aid Tony....My first thought on that: "Is that it? he's done?"

I want War Machine to use more of his big artillery that he had a lot at his disposal.
Iron Man 2's War Machine action was good and quite memorable but it left me wanting some more....

the rest...I'm quite satisfied for what it was...


Last edited by Marvel_SKE; 07-05-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Marvel_SKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #88
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick
 
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,526
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

The surprising lack of "Iron Man" in all three movies.

IM1- The mark 3 shows up around 1 hour and 14 minutes and has an action scene that last 7 minutes.

We don't see Iron Man till the last 10-15 minutes


IM2- Mark 4 at the beginning and Mark 5 about 20 minutes in. Then we get one action scene with the Mark 4 VS the Mark 2.

After that it's Tony's intervention for the next 40 minutes

Mark 6 fights for about 2 minutes

Mark 6 VS whiplash is 2 minutes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------


IM3- The Mark 42 and the beach house comes in 30 minutes in the movie.

After that we don't see it till the last 30 minutes and the big house party protocol.


Also Tony's in the suit for a few scenes or he's remoting it.

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #89
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,760
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy1988 View Post
Would it kill Marvel to let at least one villain live? And no, Justin Hammer doesn't count. He was more douchey than evil.
Abomination lived. Sterns lived. Loki lived. Red Skull "died" in an obviously "never found the body" manner. And while not done explicitly, they certainly left plenty of room for Extremis soldiers, or even Killian himself, to have survived IM3.

Sure, Marvel has killed off a bunch of villains, but the MCU is a *lot* better about it than all the non Marvel Studios films.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #90
Kabuki_Jo
Side-Kick
 
Kabuki_Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brazil
Posts: 731
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

Disappointments?

The third movie entirely. It's just a terrible, terrible movie.

Kabuki_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #91
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,805
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
- Cracking a joke just after your girlfriend "died". Yeah lol....

.
After seeing the film a second time,I don't think the line ("The prodigal son returns" or something) was delivered as a "joke" with a smirk and a wink,but more grimly ironic.

It also isn't right after Pep's "death".At least I felt they gave enough breathing room before the line.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #92
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

Disappointed in most of IM 2 and IM 3. The first film was good though.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #93
Crossopholis
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

Mainly just the Rhodey actor switch (not that I don't like Cheadle, but stuff like that just irks me) and IM2 being a little weak.

Other than those two things, I liked the first and third movies about the same. I can see why some people don't enjoy the third as much, I just don't agree with many of their points, personally.

Also, just because it bugged me when I was reading through the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
because it's a MAJOR PLOT HOLE. the 35 unused armors had no reason to be in the movie when you look at their significance to the story. it's clear those armors were added just to satisfy the need for a big action climax.
I agree the other armors should have had more screentime and all that, but this totally isn't a plot hole; it's just an aspect of the movie you didn't agree with or enjoy. A plot hole is when something established in an early part of a story is directly and logically contradicted at a later point in the story. Generally speaking, if you can come up with a reason to easily explain it away, then it isn't a plot hole. In this case, a person could say that the other armors were also prototypes due to their rapid construction, or maybe that the Mark 42 really was that much more powerful in comparison to the others, even in prototype form. Just quick examples.

Crossopholis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.