The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Do you believe the film is going to be too big?
Yes, too many characters and settings 5 26.32%
No, it will be an epic 14 73.68%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #26
JP
Smelly

Default Re: Do you think this movie is going to be too big?

This film will be "too big" the same way Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter are "too big".

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #27
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Who says nightcrawler isn't dead?
True, for all we know Nightcrawler and Beast are dead in the future.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #28
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
With about 20 characters, two periods, and 7 countries involved, do you believe the film is going to be too big or do you think it's setting up to be an epic?
Im not sure what do you mean with "too big"... I guess do you mean too much stuff going on for Singer to make it all work.

If thats the case, Im sure he will deliver.

But since some months ago Ive been having the feeling that this movie wont look as Big and epic as it could be, having all those powerfull mutants fighting the sentinels.

After all these years, Ive seen other directors and studios doing really big and impressive things in terms of action, sets and all of that, and taking into account the old school style of Bryan Singer, as he has said himself, Im having my doubts.

And to add an example, I doubt Singer does something as epic as Superman fights and flying scenes on Man of Steel with Storm and Rogue.

I doubt he puts too much effort and attention on their action momments, in terms of complex shoots and big scale action.

If he and his crew end surprising me in a big way, I will be soo happy with it, but until the trailers show me the visual scale of the movie, I guess Ill keep having my doubts.

Last edited by Angamb; 06-30-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #29
def28
Side-Kick

The scope of the film is awesome. The only issue I see is with the numerous fan favs in this film. Everyone will want their favorite characters properly developed but unless your favs are Wolverine, Prof X, Magneto, Beast or Mystique you will probably be let down in that area. Could be wrong, but I have a strong feeling they will be the ones focused on.

Last edited by def28; 06-30-2013 at 06:58 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #30
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I don't want anything In this film that resembles Man of steel.

I have tried to stress this to others but It needs to be said again.People are wanting rogue to morph Into the 1990's animated version of Rogue.Rogue In this film has to be an evolution of the rogue of X-Men and X2.Wolverine and the X-Men proved you can make Rogue active without having to have her absorb the MS Marvel powers.

Halle Berry Is Pregnent.Anything action with storm Is mostly going to be her stunt double and CGI.

If action were all that Is required to make a good film then Last Stand would be called the best of X-Men films.

I have little doudt there will be good action In this film.The main concern should be story and characters.That Is what will make or break film.

Instead of trying to copy man of steel I want them to use the CGI budget to bring the sentinles to life.That's more important than trying to copy man of steel's superman effects with Storm and Rogue.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #31
def28
Side-Kick

Meh, If Rogue ****ed **** up like Faora in MOS I would not complain at all. She was awesome and stole the film imo.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #32
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
And to add an example, I doubt Singer does something as epic as Superman fights and flying scenes on Man of Steel with Storm and Rogue.
If that's the standard we're setting for action sequences then no thanks. That fight between the two characters looked like a video game sequence, and considering the amount of embarrassingly bad and in-your-face product placement in that film I would've figured they could've at least made the cg more convincing.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #33
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

She was defently more intresting than Zod was.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #34
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
She was defently more intresting than Zod was.
Agreed 100%

Old 06-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #35
Angamb
Banned User

Faora was sooooo badass!!

I wasnt expecting a fight like that between those two (well, those three, lol)

I was really impressed with how powerfull and well choreographed the fights were on the movie. It was intense.

The thing with the X-Men or Singer's X-Men is that many of them arent trained. So.... that create too many limits.

specially with movie characters like Rogue, Iceman, Kitty....

They are 30 years old mutants now, so the movie should really show her age and skills like no other movie before.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #36
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Considering Nightcrawler's White House attack, Lady Deathstrike Vs. Wolverine, Mystique's assault on Stryker's base among others are still talked about among fanboys to this day, I don't get the complaint that Singer can't shoot action.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #37
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
If that's the standard we're setting for action sequences then no thanks. That fight between the two characters looked like a video game sequence, and considering the amount of embarrassingly bad and in-your-face product placement in that film I would've figured they could've at least made the cg more convincing.
I wasn't too fond of Man of steel.I have seen a lot of Superman adaptians over the years in film,TV,and animation and It defently Isn't one of my favorates.

I don't want them to try to copy Man of steel.

Besides they should be using the CGI more to create the future and to bring the sentinles to life convincly.

I am sure there will be some wow moments.But,they don't need to copy Man of steel to do It.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #38
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Considering Nightcrawler's White House attack, Lady Deathstrike Vs. Wolverine, Mystique's assault on Stryker's base among others are still talked about among fanboys to this day, I don't get the complaint that Singer can't shoot action.
Agree 100 percent.Plus he has more money to spent on film with reports of a 200 Million dollor budget.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #39
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Agree 100 percent.Plus he has more money to spent on film with reports of a 200 Million dollor budget.
I can watch Nightcrawler's attack on the White House and Wolverine vs. Lady Deathstrike all day.

Plus I thought the fight between Wolverine and Mystique in X1 was pretty good. The fight between Wolvlerine and Sabertooth isn't bad either

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #40
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

@op

I do, but I hope that it thrives despite it's size.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #41
JP
Smelly

The fight scenes in x2 are awesome. I don't get how anyone can complain.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #42
Figs
Banned User

My only worry is that a lot of these characters are going to get limited screen time. I don't think having this many characters is going to destroy the film, but that was the biggest complaint about First Class. Some of the characters didn't get enough development.

I have a feeling those actors that will probably be playing mutants we haven't seen in the films before are going to be glorified cameos.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #43
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post

I have a feeling those actors that will probably be playing mutants we haven't seen in the films before are going to be glorified cameos.
Probably

Old 06-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #44
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Read the OP. :/
I did. It doesn't make any sense. How can a film be too big? Explain.

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #45
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Probably
I won't mind as long as they have some involvement in some action scenes. Hopefully they'll actually do more than those lame ass characters in X3. That spiky guy, the girl who shoots **** and looks like a man, and the one that they decided to call Psylocke for whatever reason.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #46
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
My only worry is that a lot of these characters are going to get limited screen time. I don't think having this many characters is going to destroy the film, but that was the biggest complaint about First Class. Some of the characters didn't get enough development.
Yeah, this is really the biggest issue.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #47
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
All the better. Warpath, Blink and Sunspot have never been big players in the X-Universe. And Bishop has never piqued my interest. If he ends up dead, along with Warpath, Blink and Sunspot, I wouldn't mind.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #48
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
All the better. Warpath, Blink and Sunspot have never been big players in the X-Universe. And Bishop has never piqued my interest. If he ends up dead, along with Warpath, Blink and Sunspot, I wouldn't mind.
Others would, and that's no reason to start wasting more characters when they have potential. They have had their time and place in the comics. Especially if you have read Exiles, X-Force, AOA or New Mutants.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #49
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well most of characters will probally end up dead In future with sentinles during the film.

Bishop I suspect will be most proment of new mutants In future.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #50
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Others would, and that's no reason to start wasting more characters when they have potential. They have had their time and place in the comics. Especially if you have read Exiles, X-Force, AOA or New Mutants.
Which is why I said *I* wouldn't mind.