The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #26
Panther X
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

I don't see how people can still be surprised by how Marvel run things. This is nothing new.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #27
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
It is 4 months out, wow. Come on Thor! More of that phase 2 goodness. I'm hoping for more MCU connectedness than Iron Man 3 provided.
I doubt that TDW will be more connected with the rest of the MCU than IM3 was as a large part of it will take place in realms that the other Avengers will likely never even see, let alone be a part in their conflicts. I think it will just be some small references here and there, as in IM3.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #28
Alex Mann
Banned User

Soon..."Thor The Dark World Prelude #2"
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 06-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #29
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mann View Post

release date?

Old 06-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #30
Angel
Side-Kick

July 10th

Old 06-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #31
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Freshman posted this over at the site that shall not be named, official Thor merchandise hats, I found this one interesting because he has the helmet on.. maybe we will actually see it again for a bit in this film

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 06-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #32
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Freshman posted this over at the site that shall not be named, official Thor merchandise hats, I found this one interesting because he has the helmet on.. maybe we will actually see it again for a bit in this film

That hat makes me think that New York in the MCU should tear down the Statue of Liberty and put Thor there instead.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #33
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
That hat makes me think that New York in the MCU should tear down the Statue of Liberty and put Thor there instead.
I wouldn't be opposed!

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 06-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #34
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
It is 4 months out, wow. Come on Thor! More of that phase 2 goodness. I'm hoping for more MCU connectedness than Iron Man 3 provided.
Honestly, all you've done since you've been here is complain about the lack of news/media. 4 months away, that's a third of a year, it's a long time we got a trailer, and a few official pics, they arent going to bombard us with stuff till like August, just relax. Seriously, there's nothing to worry about

Quote:

I hope he wears it in the film

Old 06-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #35
Bren
Forevernoob

I wonder where he leaves his hammer when not being used. I'm guessing it's pretty safe being left lying around now because of the enchantment (unless he needs it quickly, whole new story), but still...

The maid walks into Thor's room on the helicarrier. She's heard all the rumours of this 'god' and his power and mystical enchanted hammer... She starts dusting around and comes across Mjolnir lying on the floor next to Thor's dragonskin nightslippers and broken coffee cup. She ponders, "should I? I am a good maid after all...."

I absolutely despise flat-peaked caps. I think I need therapy considering my ridiculous overwhelming hatred of them. I'm not well

Old 06-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #36
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

I'm digging the hat. AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ODIN'S BEARD LET US SEE HIM WITH HIS HELMET ON!! Make the helmet look like it's practical, and I'm sure they can pull it off(cap had that hood thing...eww)...Loki was rocking his horns, and that's much more bolder then wings. But marvel has an active agenda to make Thor less Godly, and more alien(boo!), and that's probably why they try to avoid the helmet at all cost, even in the comics theses days. I also hope we get to see lightning, LOTS OF LIGHTNING, and great feats of strength. I just want the movie to hurry and come out!

Old 07-01-2013, 02:03 AM   #37
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I have YET to see a Thor cap in any store.
Quote:

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-01-2013, 02:06 AM   #38
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I cannot WAIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mann View Post

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-01-2013, 02:34 AM   #39
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
have thor and hulk had their first official Marvel NOW fight yet??
NOPE as far as the Indestructible Hulk issues go they haven't fought. The Thor in those issues was from a past Asgard, they actually fought side by side.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #40
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Hmm. The BO source is now saying there's no trailer yet, so sounds like it probably won't be attached to LR. Poo!

Old 07-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #41
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Has anybody checked the SDCC schedule to see if TDW has a panel? Surely to god Marvel will be promoting it heavily there....

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #42
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
its way too early for a trailer, especially with a full 2 minute trailer that is already out about a month ago and the movie is 4 months away.
IM3 had its first trailer in October which was 7 months from its release and one at March, 2 months away from release. looks like Marvel is following their plan as usual.
That is true. But I would say T:TDW needs to be advertised way more than IM3 needed to be. Same with CA:TWS and GoTG.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #43
Bert
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=jaqua99;26252547]Honestly, all you've done since you've been here is complain about the lack of news/media. 4 months away, that's a third of a year, it's a long time we got a trailer, and a few official pics, they arent going to bombard us with stuff till like August, just relax. Seriously, there's nothing to worry about

Don't take my enthusiasm for complaints. I'm not a run of the mill fanboy *****ing about every little minute detail... gimme a break

Old 07-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #44
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well 99% of us in here aren't really that bad of Nit pickers compared to other forums at the Hype lol
We just think there should be more content on the site, maybe an interview or two on WHICH stories are being uses as references.
It's been way too quiet compared to the first film.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #45
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

The Thor boards just might be the most chill forum on the Hype.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #46
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
The Thor boards just might be the most chill forum on the Hype.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 07-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #47
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
I'm digging the hat. AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ODIN'S BEARD LET US SEE HIM WITH HIS HELMET ON!! Make the helmet look like it's practical, and I'm sure they can pull it off(cap had that hood thing...eww)...Loki was rocking his horns, and that's much more bolder then wings. But marvel has an active agenda to make Thor less Godly, and more alien(boo!), and that's probably why they try to avoid the helmet at all cost, even in the comics theses days. I also hope we get to see lightning, LOTS OF LIGHTNING, and great feats of strength. I just want the movie to hurry and come out!
The sad thing is that he could still be depicted as being an uber powerful being and still be depicted as being more of an an alien than a traditional god. It's like Marvel is just afraid of his power level geting to high to the point they can't give him credible threats.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #48
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
Actually, Thor wearing his helmet is less godly in the sense that it shows he needs protection. Thor taking blows and shaking them off without a helmet seems much more godly to me.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #49
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Actually, Thor wearing his helmet is less godly in the sense that it shows he needs protection. Thor taking blows and shaking them off without a helmet seems much more godly to me.
I don't think we are thinking about it as deeply as you are BT. Thor wearing his helmet makes him look more godly, like, visually. Something about the helmet, is majestic. In my opinion of course

Old 07-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #50
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I don't think we are thinking about it as deeply as you are BT. Thor wearing his helmet makes him look more godly, like, visually. Something about the helmet, is majestic. In my opinion of course
It's not that deeply at all really, helmets are for protection that's pretty simple.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Closed Thread